Author Topic: McDonald's is pure garbage.  (Read 69595 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: McDonald's is pure garbage.
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2018, 02:04:13 PM »
Man, don't be so butt hurt, it might fuck up your estrogen levels ::)

Damn, I keep owning you over and over again.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2018, 02:08:42 PM »
Pellius, do you eat that meal without drinking?

I have to admit, I sometimes bring my own water to McD to save a few bucks.  :D

I'm always drinking water. It's really my favorite drink. Ice, ice cold water. McDonald's, God bless them, provides free filtered water and ice. Pisses me off when I see kids (there's a high school right across the street) get the free drinking cups and fill it up with sodas.

If there's one thing people can do to help with their weight and health is just cut out the sodas. I wonder how many sodas the healthy DP has had in the last year compare to me (which is zero).

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2018, 02:10:39 PM »
There is more crap in this thread than at fast food outlets.

Pellius is right and I support what he posts here.

Most bodybuilders do not think independently.

You mean don't think -- period. I'm still waiting for DP to explain why fried food is "dead" food and what makes other cooked food alive.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2018, 02:15:51 PM »
Damn, I keep owning you over and over again.

By defending yourself over and over again you're exposing yourself as a very insecure person...
Stop acting so pathetic, grow up old man ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2018, 02:23:54 PM »
Took myself to McDonald's this morning for a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit meal with a medium coffee. I think it cost $5.39 because I up-sized the coffee. It's a cheat meal that I indulge in occasionally.

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2018, 03:04:13 PM »
Took myself to McDonald's this morning for a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit meal with a medium coffee. I think it cost $5.39 because I up-sized the coffee. It's a cheat meal that I indulge in occasionally.

follwing!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2018, 03:31:57 PM »

Good job, sir. Live a little! (note to go4it)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2018, 04:39:36 PM »
Downloaded the app. Yep you can get a $1 Big Mac.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2018, 04:43:07 PM »
Good job, sir. Live a little! (note to go4it)
Lol, if thats your outlook on living it up I feel sad for you dude ;D

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2018, 04:54:07 PM »
pellius, what are your meals at home typically?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2018, 04:58:53 PM »
I mean it's great you have veins in your legs, but I confused how this has anything to do with Canola oil being a GMO Vegetable oil that is a contains transfat. Props for being in shape and if you enjoy McDonalds it's your life dude, but you can't deny the fact that the oil is toxic, and if they used lard (which they used to in the past) the meal would be even better. I'm glad that my ship uses lard for the standard oil, unless we are talking about our specialty restaurants were they use extra virgin olive oil, which again actually isn't that great to cook with.

Actually, I do deny that canola oil is toxic? There are some who call it the healthiest oil in the world. It's approved by the FDA and they just don't sign off on anything. The reason they use canola oil and other vegetable is because of how bad lard (pig fat) is/was because it's pure saturated fat. Now you're saying lard is good. Great. I hope it comes back. Then maybe french fries will be back to being as good as they were back in the old days.

Anyway, I tell you what G4it, because I like you, and as kind of a tribute to you and that I do pay attention to what you say as you practice what you preach and have the results to prove it. I will no longer buy Safeway's butter/canola oil spread and just go with pure butter. I really only buy it because it's always on sale but I'll cough up the extra few shekels for the pure butter.

I promise this will be my last one.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2018, 05:02:14 PM »
It has nothing to do with being a professional athlete, put it this way, if you have a Ferrari would you put low octane gas in to it? Again it's your life do what you want to with it, is it cheap? Sure, but again you can buy a pound of 80/20 fresh ground beef for around $4.00. I just have a different outlook on nutrition I guess. I want to put foods into my system that will optimize my life, not just from an aesthetics perspective, but from a health/energy/well being perspective, the better you feel, the more energy you have will give you the ability to make the most out of you day and ultimately your life and have the ability to maximize your day, instead of just going to work, maybe hit the gym and then go to bed, or have to nap in the day. Life is short I don't want to feel tired or need to take a nap or feel too lazy to cook a meal or whatever. Why do you think coffee and energy drinks are so prevalent these days? Why are people so tired these days? Maybe take a look at what you are eating.

I see your point. You're definitely a Ferrari. I'm more of a Datsun B-210 (if you were even alive when they were around). I'm more like Josh and would take him up on his "nap" challenge.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2018, 05:05:42 PM »
By defending yourself over and over again you're exposing yourself as a very insecure person...
Stop acting so pathetic, grow up old man ::)

Yes, I feel so exposed and insecure.

Rich coming from a guy that seems so vested in caring what a complete stranger eats.

Still waiting for a pic to show this old man what a young, vibrant, healthy, live food eater looks like.

-- crickets --

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: July 23, 2018, 05:06:37 PM »
Actually, I do deny that canola oil is toxic? There are some who call it the healthiest oil in the world. It's approved by the FDA and they just don't sign off on anything. The reason they use canola oil and other vegetable is because of how bad lard (pig fat) is/was because it's pure saturated fat. Now you're saying lard is good. Great. I hope it comes back. Then maybe french fries will be back to being as good as they were back in the old days.

Anyway, I tell you what G4it, because I like you, and as kind of a tribute to you and that I do pay attention to what you say as you practice what you preach and have the results to prove it. I will no longer buy Safeway's butter/canola oil spread and just go with pure butter. I really only buy it because it's always on sale but I'll cough up the extra few shekels for the pure butter.

I promise this will be my last one.

Actually the FDA already deemed it unsafe and will be pulled soon.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2015/06/16/health/fda-trans-fat/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2018, 05:06:54 PM »

Fake meat/Dead food eater.

Dead at 60.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2018, 05:08:12 PM »
Downloaded the app. Yep you can get a $1 Big Mac.

Drink the kool-aide. Everybody is doing it.

Go to the light. Go to the light.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2018, 05:28:01 PM »
pellius, what are your meals at home typically?

I usually just eat two meals a day. Lunch and dinner. On the days I go to the gym I'll have breakfast about two hours before training. So yesterday I had an apple and oatmeal (I add raisins and peanuts) with a whey protein (30 grams) drink mix in water and olive oil. Then I feasted post workout on the QP with cheese spike with the extra patties of beef and cheese along with a bag of fries. About 12:30 AM (I'm a night owl) I had six eggs scrambled mixed with chopped tomatoes and onions throwing some extra packets of taco sauce I got from Taco Bell before hitting the sack.  

On the other five non training days I eat usually get a plate lunch of Chicken Katsu or Mochilko Chicken, which is very similar to Chicken Katsu in that it's chunks of chicken breaded and deep fried (you know, dead food).
Regular plate lunches also come with two scoops of rice and a scoop of macaroni salad. I always order the mini which comes with just one scoop of rice. For dinner, it's usually whatever ever the Frau has cooked up and  she is very health conscious and it's a variety of stuff having to do with chicken breast or fish. There is some left over Salmon that I will have tonight with whatever salad she's concocted.

Mochiko Chicken

Chicken Katsu

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2018, 05:31:58 PM »
Actually the FDA already deemed it unsafe and will be pulled soon.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2015/06/16/health/fda-trans-fat/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Fake news. Not by CNN but by you. It says nothing about banning canola oil and it is not considered a transfat. It mentions specifically that McDonald's stopped using that kind of fat over a decade ago. They switch to the oil they are using now specifically because they  wanted to stop the use of trans fats (which I am all for).

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2018, 05:47:53 PM »
All food is what you make of it, that is, how you use it.  If you exercise it's put to good use in the building of muscle and strength.  But ultimately, it all makes the same thing.

A turd.

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2018, 05:54:20 PM »
Yes, McDonald's restaurants are everywhere so they make an excellent pit stop.

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2018, 05:57:53 PM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2018, 05:58:21 PM »
Lol, if thats your outlook on living it up I feel sad for you dude ;D

Bacon, egg and cheese biscuit meal = living it up!
Q

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2018, 05:59:23 PM »
Fake news. Not by CNN but by you. It says nothing about banning canola oil and it is not considered a transfat. It mentions specifically that McDonald's stopped using that kind of fat over a decade ago. They switch to the oil they are using now specifically because they  wanted to stop the use of trans fats (which I am all for).

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2018, 07:38:30 PM »

The ban includes hydrogenated soybean oil. That will be banned. Nothing is said about canola oil.

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2018, 08:07:46 PM »
Next pit stop for Primemuscle.

"Primemuscle" is Pellious' gimick account ???