Author Topic: The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source  (Read 132025 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2008, 10:58:18 PM »
Don't be a bitch, carry your cooler around like everyone else damn it ;D

haha!, but truthfully I think if you eat 4-6 calorically dense meals throughout the day, thats all u need.

For example. I was reading Evan Centopani's offseason diet ( and that dude is a fuckin beast ) and its listed below :)  .........All it is, is six very calorically dense meals evenly placed throughout the day. Lots of protein, complex carbs, and essential fats spread across the day, and this dude is 300lbs. So for your average 180-200lbs guy 4-5 meals is PLENTY!

Meal 1: 70g whey, 1 cup oats, 3 tbsp olive oil

Meal 2: 10 oz chicken, 1.5 cups (cooked) white rice, 2 cups green salad, 2 tbsp olive oil

Meal 3: same as meal 1

Meal 4: same as meal 2

Meal 5: 10-12 oz red meat, 2 cups green salad, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 medium potato

Meal 6: same as meals 1 + 3

PWO I have 65 of carbs and 20g of protein from Universal's Torrent and I take 2-3 of their Animal Omega Paks per day in addition to my other Universal supps.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2008, 11:11:59 PM »
Even as far as natural dieting goes I really don't think jrod would be leaner dieting Adonis's way over his way, and that's what it boils down to.  

Jeff do you think J Rod is a lifetime natty?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: The Adonis Diet Principles, revised
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2008, 11:12:19 PM »
Only thing I would say about that, is if you use drinking alcohol as a myth, it really does require more sleep than you normally would.

If I normally sleep x hours than after a hard night of drinking I usually need x +3 hours.

But then again, you will usually get it anyway. After the booze, alarm clock = useless. ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2008, 11:30:57 PM »
I would call that part of the Adonis principles the one with the most validity over traditional bodybuilding diets.  Problem is you start out like that in the beginning (especially when you're juicing) and it doesn't pay not to eat progressively more, cleaner food through the preparation process.  Even as far as natural dieting goes I really don't think jrod would be leaner dieting Adonis's way over his way, and that's what it boils down to.

The claim is not that the myths make a diet significantly worse. The claim is that they do not make it significantly better. I think you can basically do the same with a traditional BB diet. But why in hell would anybody want to do that, if it's not necessary?

When the competition really heats up Adonis will have to sacrifice many of his unique methods if he is to pull off the win.  That includes having his finger on his water trigger and that takes a consistent, well-thought out nutritional program.  He actually missed the deadline last year because of timing issues and he doesn't understand that that is the whole point of the diet being more strict and predictable.  He got off by claiming that he didn't know the picture deadline but I assure you Adonis knew everything about that competition as it had become his life's obsession by the time it came to pass.

I agree that having a more controlled type of diet would make the process more predictable in a competition situation for most people. Still the question is if M1 holds true. From my experience, I cannot tell right now, because I have never been close to contest condition. But I will try to find out on my current diet.

Jeff, do you think that if you would follow a very controlled diet (as you probably have in your contest preparations), but e.g. only control the amount of calories, and not the macro composition with the exception of P1 and P2, that would make getting into contest condition harder or even impossible?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2008, 11:34:33 PM »
haha!, but truthfully I think if you eat 4-6 calorically dense meals throughout the day, thats all u need.

For example. I was reading Evan Centopani's offseason diet ( and that dude is a fuckin beast ) and its listed below :)  .........All it is, is six very calorically dense meals evenly placed throughout the day. Lots of protein, complex carbs, and essential fats spread across the day, and this dude is 300lbs. So for your average 180-200lbs guy 4-5 meals is PLENTY!

Meal 1: 70g whey, 1 cup oats, 3 tbsp olive oil

Meal 2: 10 oz chicken, 1.5 cups (cooked) white rice, 2 cups green salad, 2 tbsp olive oil

Meal 3: same as meal 1

Meal 4: same as meal 2

Meal 5: 10-12 oz red meat, 2 cups green salad, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 medium potato

Meal 6: same as meals 1 + 3

PWO I have 65 of carbs and 20g of protein from Universal's Torrent and I take 2-3 of their Animal Omega Paks per day in addition to my other Universal supps.

I eat most of my calories at lunch. Additionally, I sip on a protein shake during the day, to make P1 easier. If I feel hungry at night I'll add a little snack. That's it. Up to now, this got me in the condition displayed in my avatar.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2008, 02:13:54 AM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2008, 06:30:55 AM »
ok...I wish I only needed 5 hours, would give me a lot of extra free time.

I only need 5 but then again I only get 2 or 3 usually... :-\
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2008, 08:16:17 AM »
I only need 5 but then again I only get 2 or 3 usually... :-\

Perfect, you will be my guinea pig for insomniacs! ;D
Still waiting for the report... :)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2008, 09:32:10 AM »
What/who is it? Looks like a werewolf.

I thought it looked like bruce lee or some other type of martial artist.  I could never see them before until a couple days ago when I decided I wanted to get more control over my eyes.  They are so cool!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2008, 10:34:03 AM »
I thought it looked like bruce lee or some other type of martial artist.  I could never see them before until a couple days ago when I decided I wanted to get more control over my eyes.  They are so cool!

It's a martial arts pose but if you look at the head, you will see that it's not human.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2008, 12:52:23 PM »
Perfect, you will be my guinea pig for insomniacs! ;D
Still waiting for the report... :)

Tell it to the Arabs who fucked up/stole the internet connection...
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2008, 01:40:19 PM »
I would call that part of the Adonis principles the one with the most validity over traditional bodybuilding diets.  Problem is you start out like that in the beginning (especially when you're juicing) and it doesn't pay not to eat progressively more, cleaner food through the preparation process.  Even as far as natural dieting goes I really don't think jrod would be leaner dieting Adonis's way over his way, and that's what it boils down to.  When the competition really heats up Adonis will have to sacrifice many of his unique methods if he is to pull off the win.  That includes having his finger on his water trigger and that takes a consistent, well-thought out nutritional program.  He actually missed the deadline last year because of timing issues and he doesn't understand that that is the whole point of the diet being more strict and predictable.  He got off by claiming that he didn't know the picture deadline but I assure you Adonis knew everything about that competition as it had become his life's obsession by the time it came to pass.    
Moron.

I never even made an attempt to compete in anything last year nor did I say I would.  I wasn`t even around here last year.  Get your facts straight and in order, they are all OVER the place. Pay Attention for once.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2008, 01:43:41 PM »
It is amazing how Jeff continually constructs stories completely in his consciousness.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2008, 03:49:12 PM »
i agree completely that you do not need to eat every 3 hours to be a professional bodybuilder or just look good.

studies are showing more and more there is virtually zero reason for increased meal frequency.

i personally only eat twice a day every 12hours and i hold size very well - sitting at 253 on monday at 5'11"  8)
175lbs by 31st July

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »
It's a martial arts pose but if you look at the head, you will see that it's not human.

hard to make out any details on the head, maybe you are confusing the background pattern with the 3D part?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2008, 10:56:52 PM »
hard to make out any details on the head, maybe you are confusing the background pattern with the 3D part?

Nopes, the head has wolf-like ears and a long snout. I'm 100% sure.
If you go on the site directly, you will get a bigger image:
http://www.ixtlan.ru/picture.php?image=50.jpg

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2008, 10:58:17 PM »
i agree completely that you do not need to eat every 3 hours to be a professional bodybuilder or just look good.

studies are showing more and more there is virtually zero reason for increased meal frequency.

i personally only eat twice a day every 12hours and i hold size very well - sitting at 253 on monday at 5'11"  8)

What's your protein intake?
What's your body fat?
Are you natural?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2008, 12:55:55 AM »
Nopes, the head has wolf-like ears and a long snout. I'm 100% sure.
If you go on the site directly, you will get a bigger image:
http://www.ixtlan.ru/picture.php?image=50.jpg

yeah I can kind of see what you are talking about

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2008, 10:28:46 AM »
What's your body fat?
Are you natural?

Bump for Fatpanda's answer.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »
What's your body fat?
Are you natural?
protein intake is at around 200g a day - non workout days 330 g workout days due to pre post w/o milk/protein shakes.
bodyfat is around 20% - i can see my top abs.
no i'm not natural  - however i have only taken very small amounts of winny and dbol. i.e. 20mg winny a day and 10mg dbol 30mins before w/o. as it takes very little for me to get results. i've been up as high as 290's.

been on high fat diet - but it hasn't been working, so i've recently went back to low fat and its working well.  8)
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2008, 02:30:08 PM »
protein intake is at around 200g a day - non workout days 330 g workout days due to pre post w/o milk/protein shakes.
bodyfat is around 20% - i can see my top abs.
no i'm not natural  - however i have only taken very small amounts of winny and dbol. i.e. 20mg winny a day and 10mg dbol 30mins before w/o. as it takes very little for me to get results. i've been up as high as 290's.

been on high fat diet - but it hasn't been working, so i've recently went back to low fat and its working well.  8)

Ever been single digit bodyfat?
I also tried low carb diets, but my strength and size diminished.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2008, 02:34:57 PM »
----
To be able to log the evolvement of the principles in this thread, I added a change log:
2008-09-04: First version as defined in discussions with The True Adonis in preceding threads.
2008-09-06: Changed "body weight" to "lean body weight" in P1 as suggested by tbombz.
2008-09-07: Changed "weight training" to "anaerobic resistance training" in P4 as suggested by shiftedShapes.
2008-09-09: Added P5 as suggested by technokc and defined by The True Adonis.
2008-09-12: Re-added purpose of diet in first sentence.
----

The current version of the Adonis Diet Principles for dieting down while preserving as much muscle mass as possible goes like this (TA, please feel free to correct me at any time):

The Principles, rules that must be followed:

P1) minimum daily protein intake of 1 g/lb lean body weight,
P2) variety of food good enough for proper nutrient intake (e.g. follow USRDA),
P3) deficiency of calories which leads to 1-3 lbs of weight loss per week,
P4) hard anaerobic resistance training at least 3 times a week,
P5) 5-8 hours of sleep per day, depending on individual requirements.

The Myths, factors of minimal, no, or even negative influence:

M1) ratio of macro nutrients other than defined by P1 and P2,
M2) abandonment of alcohol,
M3) intake of "supplements",
M4) proper spacing of meals during the day,
M5) cardio training.

If we take a closer look at the principles (P1-P5), we will see that the classical bodybuilder method of dieting meets all five rules. P1 will always be met, yet usually exceeded. P2 will usually be attempted (although questionable if met) by substituting certain foods with "supplements". P3, P4, and P5 will be met or exceeded.

So where my diet differs, is just the myths (M1-M5). The only emperical method to find out if M1-M5 are truths or myths is if one and the same individual tries different diets, one after the other, always adhering to the principles (P1-P5), but changing the myths (M1-M5).

I have done that. In my case, I have clearly identified M1-M5 as myths. My current diet includes everything I like to eat. I eat most of my calories at lunch. I drink red wine whenever I feel like it. I don't take any supplements, except for whey protein powder to make P1 easier to meet. I even stopped taking multivitamins after a few weeks into this diet to prove the point. I don't do any cardio. I have never felt better, stronger, healthier, or less hungry than on this diet. I have never preserved more muscle mass.

I would really be interested in input from people who have attempted the same. No scientific articles please. You will always find scientific sources that support one or the other method, the only thing that counts in the end is what works in real life.
WOA WOA WOA
he changed minimum .5 gram to minimum 1 gram of protein?  >:(
and he doesn't believe in cardio training?  ::)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2008, 02:37:05 PM »
It is amazing how Jeff continually constructs stories completely in his consciousness.
as I have said before Adonis.....
you shouldn't give these people "our" secrets
the secrets we have worked hard for and the ones that help us get shredded
they must experiment for themselves  ;)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2008, 02:37:33 PM »
Ever been single digit bodyfat?
I also tried low carb diets, but my strength and size diminished.

yes, i was around 9% in my early 20's. then started a bulk - went up to 290's, now i'm 250's. lost alot of muscle going from 290 to 250 due to a long layoff following torn rotators.

its amazing how quickly strength comes with carbs.  8)
175lbs by 31st July

ASJChaotic

« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2008, 02:40:08 PM »
yes, i was around 9% in my early 20's. then started a bulk - went up to 290's, now i'm 250's. lost alot of muscle going from 290 to 250 due to a long layoff following torn rotators.

its amazing how quickly strength comes with carbs.  8)
how fucking fat did you get to get up to 290?  :o
how tall are you?
how old are you?