Author Topic: Little girl at Obama town hall has not-so-random political connections  (Read 3722 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: Little girl at Obama town hall has not-so-random political connections
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 08:16:02 PM »
If thats the case, then why did he go on O'Reilly in the first place prior to the election?

Since, as Obama's brilliant press secretary put it, all of this negative backlash is the product of cable news, why not go on cable news to put this thing to bed once and for all?

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 08:29:32 PM »
If thats the case, then why did he go on O'Reilly in the first place prior to the election?

Since, as Obama's brilliant press secretary put it, all of this negative backlash is the product of cable news, why not go on cable news to put this thing to bed once and for all?

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Indeed it is!! But, Gibbs basically didn't have the nerve to say that it's FOX NEWS that's supposedly throwing the monkeywrench in the plans of Obamacare.

The other "cable news" network are still prostrate before Obama, especially MSNBC. If they ride Obama's jock anymore, he'll need more cigarettes (and I hear he's trying to quit).

LOL... obama doesn't need to go on OReilly.

Obama is above calling on FOX reporters.

Please!!! O'Reilly's the one guy that can cut through the rhetoric and get to the meat and potatoes of the matter. As George said, if Fox News is supposedly the entity hurting his plan (Heaven forbid, the Dems get a clue and figure out it's their own screwball plan that the problem), then that's would be the one place to set the record straight.

After all, Fox has the viewers, especially during primetime (not that O'Reilly needs any help, beating the tar out of Olbermann).

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 04:31:06 AM »
What does Palin mentioning her son or the troops have to do with bussing in people for a townhall meeting allegedly open to the public, and implanting a little girl into the crowd to ask a scripted question?

Was the question a valid one in that if mirrored what a large percent of the population wants to know?

Whether planted or not, scripted or not, ...did it address a question on the minds of many people?

If it did, ...it's legit, valid, ...and would be downright irresponsibile NOT to get it in.

Let me put it this way:

If there were 5 major points within a proposed bill that were heavily misunderstood by the public, due to lies, and political propaganda by opponents, ...and a politician planted someone in the audience to ask "Sir, what are the 5 major points of the proposed bill?" I would say that was valid and legitimate, ...and I would appreciate the politician's wisdom, judgement, and foresight, in recognizing the need for clear, cogent, clarification on a misunderstood issue. I would consider having to listen to the response to those "planted" questions, as a far better, and far more respectful use of the time that I invested to listen, ...as well as the time the politician has invested to attend, than having to wade through irrelevant questions about Bo the first dog, or sit around losing my hearing due to all the shouting of a bunch of rabid mindless chicken littles.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 06:04:46 AM »
Was the question a valid one in that if mirrored what a large percent of the population wants to know?

Whether planted or not, scripted or not, ...did it address a question on the minds of many people?

If it did, ...it's legit, valid, ...and would be downright irresponsibile NOT to get it in.

Let me put it this way:

If there were 5 major points within a proposed bill that were heavily misunderstood by the public, due to lies, and political propaganda by opponents, ...and a politician planted someone in the audience to ask "Sir, what are the 5 major points of the proposed bill?" I would say that was valid and legitimate, ...and I would appreciate the politician's wisdom, judgement, and foresight, in recognizing the need for clear, cogent, clarification on a misunderstood issue. I would consider having to listen to the response to those "planted" questions, as a far better, and far more respectful use of the time that I invested to listen, ...as well as the time the politician has invested to attend, than having to wade through irrelevant questions about Bo the first dog, or sit around losing my hearing due to all the shouting of a bunch of rabid mindless chicken littles.

Obama has had multiple town halls, press conferances, etc and still has not dispelled anything.  He cant. 

All he does is attack doctors, attack insurance companies, attack pharma companies, and offers nothing in the way of a decent explanation of what is in this. 

You know what Jag, all Obama has to say is the following and the public will behind him:

"I will not sign any health bill that the members of the Senate, Congress, Federal employees, and my own family are not subject to themselves"

That it Jag.  Its its good enough for them, its good enough for me. 

I will change my tune 180 degrees on health care of they do that.         

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 06:13:44 AM »

In fact, O'Reilly appears to have just challenged the President to come on his show, or on Fox News in general, if he wants to make his case for his healthcare program. After all, per O'Reilly words, that's where the viewers are.

hahahahaha.  B/c Bill O'Reilly is such an important man, I think the president of the US should drop his schedule and discuss events.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 08:59:44 AM »
hahahahaha.  B/c Bill O'Reilly is such an important man, I think the president of the US should drop his schedule and discuss events.

Why not, he seems to have time to throw a party at the white house every wednesday night, on the tax payers dime. Or jet off to New York for date night to see a play. Guess going on O Reilly where he isn't going to get the kid glove treatment to "dispell all inaccuracies" about the healt care plan would takeway to much of his time ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 09:22:55 AM »
Why not, he seems to have time to throw a party at the white house every wednesday night, on the tax payers dime. Or jet off to New York for date night to see a play. Guess going on O Reilly where he isn't going to get the kid glove treatment to "dispell all inaccuracies" about the healt care plan would takeway to much of his time ::)
Those are important things.

Bill O'Reilly and his show are not important.

This is why Obama is a success.  He can prioritize.

He jettisons the crap - O'Reilly and his garbage show, which incidentally thrives on misinformation and shutting down debate....no wonder the teabaggers like the cut of his jib.

He keeps the parties going though....that's Obama for the win.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 09:25:50 AM »
Deck- You would be correct... Only Obama has appeared on his show before and his press secretary blames Fox News for the backlash against healthcare reform.

Wouldn't it make sense to put all the rumors to bed and simply tell America what he intends to do about healthcare?

On a side note, ( and this is not mentioned very often) Obama wanted the healthcare bill PASSED before August 1. Could you imagine? If nothing else this whole debate has kept him honest and prevented another insane bill from being rammed down Americas throat.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 09:29:03 AM »
Those are important things.

Bill O'Reilly and his show are not important.

This is why Obama is a success.  He can prioritize.

He jettisons the crap - O'Reilly and his garbage show, which incidentally thrives on misinformation and shutting down debate....no wonder the teabaggers like the cut of his jib.

He keeps the parties going though....that's Obama for the win.

This is perhaps the most asinine post I have ever seen on GETBIG, and that is no small task. Throwing parties and date night are much more important than actually giving a coherent explanation of why his health care bill is so good for America. Yeah I know he won't be able to use his teleprompter on O'Reilly and that will just muck up the works.

Yeah big win for Obama ::) Maybe you enjoy being a surf, but I don't.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 05:34:17 PM »
Obama has had multiple town halls, press conferances, etc and still has not dispelled anything.  He cant. 

All he does is attack doctors, attack insurance companies, attack pharma companies, and offers nothing in the way of a decent explanation of what is in this. 

You know what Jag, all Obama has to say is the following and the public will behind him:

"I will not sign any health bill that the members of the Senate, Congress, Federal employees, and my own family are not subject to themselves"

That it Jag.  Its its good enough for them, its good enough for me. 

I will change my tune 180 degrees on health care of they do that.         

But Obama has said that on many occasions. He has said he wants to make available to the public, the very same health insurance that he and his family, and members of congress have.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 05:40:16 PM »

What's wrong with President Obama having regular date nights with his wife to keep the romantic fires burning?
He's a healthy virile happily married man. He's a President not a Republican, ...he's still allowed to fuck his wife. ;D
w

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 06:15:28 PM »
What's wrong with President Obama having regular date nights with his wife to keep the romantic fires burning?
He's a healthy virile happily married man. He's a President not a Republican, ...he's still allowed to fuck his wife. ;D

Correction, sorry decker, this is the most asinine post I have seen on GETBIG, even if it was tongue in cheek.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 06:24:48 PM »
Correction, sorry decker, this is the most asinine post I have seen on GETBIG, even if it was tongue in cheek.

lighten up coach

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 06:41:48 PM »

Ha ha.  funny post.   ;D ;D

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 08:31:52 PM »
LOL... obama doesn't need to go on OReilly.

Obama is above calling on FOX reporters.

Although he doesn't seem to be above taking actual air-time and policy time to do public battle with Rush Limbaugh...

I mean....really?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2009, 04:42:17 PM »
You worry me.  Although O'Reilly adds nothing to the mix, I would have thought my joke was obvious to anyone.