Author Topic: Dairy - still don't know if it's good or bad.  (Read 2074 times)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Re: Dairy - still don't know if it's good or bad.
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 04:36:28 AM »
Here is a little more info. Seems like a pretty crumby site but the study is relevant.

Studies by Holt et al (1996) and Ostman et al (2001) highlighted some of these differences between glycaemia and insulinemia. Interestingly, while the glycaemic and insulin indices of many foods were similar, some foods caused unpredicted responses. Foods like yogurt and milk had relatively low-glycaemic indices, but very high insulin indices. White and brown rice, on the other hand, had high-glycemic indices, but low insulin indices. The point here is that if you want to effectively manage body composition, you should choose your carbohydrates based on both the glycaemic and insulin indices. Unfortunately, there are only limited amounts of insulin data out there, leading us to continue to rely in some cases only on the glycaemic index.

http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/nutrition/hormones/insulin/InsulinIndex/IIDifference.asp
O

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 04:38:21 AM »
I am a Octolactovegetarian meaning i do not eat meat but animal products.Milk is essential for me.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 04:40:46 AM »
Here is a little more info. Seems like a pretty crumby site but the study is relevant.

Studies by Holt et al (1996) and Ostman et al (2001) highlighted some of these differences between glycaemia and insulinemia. Interestingly, while the glycaemic and insulin indices of many foods were similar, some foods caused unpredicted responses. Foods like yogurt and milk had relatively low-glycaemic indices, but very high insulin indices. White and brown rice, on the other hand, had high-glycemic indices, but low insulin indices. The point here is that if you want to effectively manage body composition, you should choose your carbohydrates based on both the glycaemic and insulin indices. Unfortunately, there are only limited amounts of insulin data out there, leading us to continue to rely in some cases only on the glycaemic index.

http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/nutrition/hormones/insulin/InsulinIndex/IIDifference.asp

I had basically the same infos. I know that also a lot of bakeries using refined flowers do create an exagerated insulin response. Stay away from the french "croissant".

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 04:49:23 AM »
Dairy is great.  I'm up to almost a gallon of milk per day.

God I hope this is a joke.  Must be fat as fuck.  Yeah milk makes you "bigger"