Author Topic: GH15 might want to look in to The Luke knowledge  (Read 125811 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: The Luke dismantels getbig's shittalkers
« Reply #475 on: April 15, 2010, 10:13:26 AM »
I still wanna know if Bigfoot adheres to Luke's arm size/weight ratio? Also, does he have to shop at a Big'nTall store, or can he find clothes off the rack?    

/dismantle

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #476 on: April 15, 2010, 11:27:24 AM »
Gotta say Vince, I doubt that measurement.

Didn't you post on IronAge.us that you measured Arnie's arms at 20.5'' pumped the day you took that famous pic of him doing his arms extended to the side pose (the one where the flash from another camera just happened to illuminate him when you took your pic)...?

21.5'' is just too big for a guy Arnold's size... Phil Heath at 270 lbs off-season has arms over 21''... Arnold didn't.

Seriously, that would put Arnold only an inch behind a 300 lb Zack Khan.

The Luke

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #477 on: April 15, 2010, 11:33:41 AM »
here's my thing stop askin another male to post pics of his bodyparts
1 it's gay
2 it's annoying
3 that's the last direct response you will get from me

Trying to misdirect the fact that you constantly say how big your arms are, and that theyre verified, but you refuse to post a pic, now using the excuse that "its gay"?
Your a fucking retard. Youre the one claiming how big your arms are, and youre the one refusing to post proof, cause for some reason, backing up the shit you talk is somehow "gay".
Like I said. Until you prove me otherwise, youre full of fucking shit.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #478 on: April 15, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »
Some one who measured arnolds arm just told you it's over 21 and you don't believe
That in itself proves that you aren't sticking to your argument due to lack of proof and facts you are arguing from an "opinion" standpoint. Anyway I thank vince for putting and end to this nonsense.
choice is an illusion

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #479 on: April 15, 2010, 01:49:55 PM »
Anyone who thinks using mathmatical equations to determine measurements is correct with 100% accuracy is, despite how smart they try to portray themselves or think they are, an absolute retard

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #480 on: April 15, 2010, 02:01:24 PM »
Arnold was a tall guy with huge arms, admit it you are wrong.

Again

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #481 on: April 15, 2010, 02:23:52 PM »
Anyone who thinks using mathmatical equations to determine measurements is correct with 100% accuracy is, despite how smart they try to portray themselves or think they are, an absolute retard
qft spot in
choice is an illusion

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #482 on: April 15, 2010, 03:40:34 PM »
This thread is hilarious...

If Arnold's arms were 22'' they wou have been taller than his head.

The fact that posters on this board can't even understand that bodyweight increases with the square of limb girth, is a damning indictment of the American public school system.

The Luke

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #483 on: April 15, 2010, 03:46:45 PM »
My arms at 19" are probaly only 5-6" 'tall' MAX - nowhere near size of my head.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #484 on: April 15, 2010, 03:59:23 PM »
Guaranteed if vince had said arnolds arem measured 19 inches luke would have been singing his praises.
This guy personally measured arnlds arm and gave you the result and you can't accept it? You have issues how much more verified than that can you get ....
Simply amazing....
choice is an illusion

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #485 on: April 15, 2010, 04:08:05 PM »
My arms at 19" are probaly only 5-6" 'tall' MAX - nowhere near size of my head.

They're probably not 19''... maybe measure them properly?

You're probably wrong about the "height" too...

-the circumference of a circle with a 5'' diameter = 2piR = (2)x(3.1459)x(2.5'') = 15.7''
-the circumference of a circle with a 6'' diameter = 2piR = (2)x(3.1459)x(3.0'') = 18.8''

...if they are 19'', then considering the human arm is not tubular but more like an elipse in cross-section, they're probably taller than that... maybe 7'' or so.

Or perhaps they're just less 19'' in circumference.

Maybe Goudy you could give me your height; weight and bf % and I'll use the ratio I posted to estimate your arm circumference... then you could post a pic of your arm properly taped (arm at 90 degrees to the body and tape perpendicular to the humerus) and we could see how accuate the estimate is?

The Luke

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #486 on: April 15, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »

-the circumference of a circle with a 5'' diameter = 2piR = (2)x(3.1459)x(2.5'') = 15.7''
-the circumference of a circle with a 6'' diameter = 2piR = (2)x(3.1459)x(3.0'') = 18.8''

...if they are 19'', then considering the human arm is not tubular but more like an elipse in cross-section, they're probably taller than that... maybe 7'' or so.

Maybe Goudy you could give me your height; weight and bf % and I'll use the ratio I posted to estimate your arm circumference... then you could post a pic of your arm properly taped (arm at 90 degrees to the body and tape perpendicular to the humerus) and we could see how accuate the estimate is?

The Luke

I'm sure he will get right on that....this way you can verify how big his arm is  ::)

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #487 on: April 15, 2010, 04:18:56 PM »
This is a retarded and unsound statement...

Also, I can understand perfectly easily that there is difference between the volume of an arm and the circumference...

AGAIN, what you fail to understand is that HEIGHT and GENETICS make a HUGE difference.  A taller guy normally has LONGER muscle bellies, so when he contracts.. it creates a bigger muscle.  If he has long muscle attachments to boot, then you get an even bigger arm.  

This is why it is so difficult for a smaller guy to have the same size arms as a tall guy.  you can weigh more than the taller guy, but still have smaller arms b/c he has longer muscle bellies.  

now, most pros in bbing today are midgets...arnold though, was 6'2...and had extremely good genetics for arms.  

why you cant understand this is beyond me. 

X2, why is this kid so hell bent on disproving everyone! 
The new title thread is funny too.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #488 on: April 15, 2010, 04:29:20 PM »
You just posted a pic of Arnold and Franco posing side by side...

Franco's 17ish arm looks mighty comparable to Arnold's supposed 22'' arms.

Now, if Arnold's were actually 19ish....

The Luke 

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #489 on: April 15, 2010, 04:40:51 PM »
You just posted a pic of Arnold and Franco posing side by side...

Franco's 17ish arm looks mighty comparable to Arnold's supposed 22'' arms.

Now, if Arnold's were actually 19ish....

The Luke 

What I thought too. There should be a 4" difference some where between Arnold's and Franco's arm haha.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #490 on: April 15, 2010, 04:58:29 PM »

The Luke

Tad over 6'3, no idea about bf % though I have abs and also. BTW I mean 19" pumped. I will see if I have a tape measure about.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #491 on: April 15, 2010, 05:06:42 PM »
Leroy Colbert was the first bodybuilder to have 20 1/2 inch arms. When you saw his photos you accepted this measurement because he was huge. Likewise, Arnold is another big guy. I remember when he came to my gym in 1974 to pose and do a seminar. Later that night he went to Tony's Gym in Sydney for another posing display then came to my penthouse at Manly for a meal.

Those of us who saw Arnold up close marvelled at how big he was. When you saw his arms there didn't seem to be any more room for any additional size. He had veins that looked like ropes! Anyway, I did measure his arm at 21 1/2 and am not exaggerating. I know how to measure an arm correctly at right angles to the bone and I did that on that day back in October 1968 in Golds Gym on Main Street.

I have had my arms up to 18 3/4 pumped and they look small compared to Arnold's arms. Arnold was taller and heavier than me by heaps. In those days he and Sergio were huge almost beyond belief.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #492 on: April 15, 2010, 05:10:01 PM »
The stupidity in this thread is absolutely shocking...

Arnold had 22'' arms... Ronnie had 24'' arms... Levrone had 24'' arms in contest shape... Bullshit!

We have three different videos showing a 300+ lb prime-of-career Ronnie Coleman having his arms measured at 21.7''.

We have pictures showing a 300+ lb Zack Khan needing a diagonal measurement to even approach a 23' arm (meaning his arms are only a shade over 22'' if measured properly).

We have pictures of Sergio Oliva standing onstage with his elbow only inches from Arnold's with his measured and verified genuine 20'' arm matching Arnold for size.

We have pictures of Casey Viator, the same lean bodyweight as Arnold but 4'' shorter taping his very impressive arm at 19.25''.

We have pictures of Eddie Robinson, the same lean bodyweight as Arnold but 7'' shorter taping his gargantuan arm at 20.5''.

There's even a video in which Guinness World Records (at a live outdoor event attended by a sizable crowd) measured Gregg Valentino's looks-like-I-put-basketballs-under-my-skin scar-tissue/oil filled arms at only 24.25''.

But somehow... someway... Arnold managed to have 22'' arms.... even though guys like Vince Taylor can't break 20'' despite being having a contest weight in excess of Arnold's off-season bodyweight while being 6'' shorter and known for having exceptional arms.

If Arnold really had 22'' arms, that means Arnold's forearm was bigger than Dorian Yates' upper arm when Dorian was a shredded 265 lbs.... sound plausible?

The Luke

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #493 on: April 15, 2010, 05:12:10 PM »
There you have it someone who has measured arnolds arm how much more verified than that can you get
choice is an illusion

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #494 on: April 15, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »
I agree. Basile measured it.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #495 on: April 15, 2010, 05:15:15 PM »
Where are the three vids of
1. Ronnies arm being measured at 21.7 please post all 3 vids
2. Ronnie Coleman standing on the scale in each of these vids and the scale showing 300lbs
 ::)
choice is an illusion

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #496 on: April 15, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »
Vince,

Didn't you post the famous picture you took of Arnold doing his praying mantis pose in a thread over on IronAge.us wherein you claimed to have measured Arnolds arm at just over 20'' pumped...?

The Luke

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #497 on: April 15, 2010, 05:27:58 PM »
Where are the three vids of
1. Ronnies arm being measured at 21.7 please post all 3 vids
2. Ronnie Coleman standing on the scale in each of these vids and the scale showing 300lbs
 ::)
Here is the vid of him being measured, no scale of course. And he looks far offof 300 pounds, and kinda down on weight as well.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: April 15, 2010, 05:38:32 PM »
Here is the vid of him being measured, no scale of course. And he looks far offof 300 pounds, and kinda down on weight as well.

exactly ... I just love how luke embelishes ronnie was 300 lb ::)
and prime ...  ::)
it's like he will do or say anything to win an argument.  Which he has clearly lost.  We have a gentleman here who measured arnolds arm if vince had said arnies arm was 19 inches luke would have accepted but because he measured Arnies arm near 22 inches which anyone with two eyes and common sense and actually worked out could see that arnies arm were around that side... Luke will not accept it.
choice is an illusion

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #499 on: April 15, 2010, 05:47:58 PM »
Isn't that Korean video from about a month after he competed in the 2004 Olympia at nearly 300 lbs...?

His chest measurement of 146 cm converts to 57.5 inches...
His arm measurement of 55 cm converts to 21.7 inches...
His thigh measurement of 84 cm converts to 33.1 inces...

Firstly, the video is crimped: mistakenly converted to 4:3 ratio from widescreen when it was originally 4:3, notice the black bars either side of the screen. Thats why he "looks" small... but he certainly isn't.

With a 58'' chest, 22'' arms and 33'' thighs he's probably well over 320 lbs.

But if you need to believe that Ronnie drops a hundred pounds of muscle in the four weeks after the Olympia in order to maintain your fantasy about Arnold's arms being bigger than they possibly could have been... I won't stop you.

Do I believe Arnold's arms were ever the same size as the arms Ronnie displayed at the 2004 Olympia... no, sorry.

The Luke