Author Topic: GH15 might want to look in to The Luke knowledge  (Read 125814 times)

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
Re: The Luke dismantels getbig's shittalkers
« Reply #500 on: April 15, 2010, 11:43:22 PM »
Ronnie was 305 lbs there, he says on the full video, it's 1 month after the 2004 olympia, arms are 22 inches cut like diamonds

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #501 on: April 16, 2010, 02:23:16 AM »

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #502 on: April 16, 2010, 05:15:41 AM »
You just posted a pic of Arnold and Franco posing side by side...

Franco's 17ish arm looks mighty comparable to Arnold's supposed 22'' arms.

Now, if Arnold's were actually 19ish....

The Luke 
that shot doesnt do it justice, franco close to camera, blah, blah.. but, you have a point, arnolds arms in all pics together arent much bigger than francos 17s

suckmymuscle

« Reply #503 on: April 19, 2010, 09:11:01 PM »
I don't think K Lo ever had 24" arms. But that formula you posted about a person of such and such body weight having such and such arm size is something you pulled out of your ass. People have already disproven it by citing the differences in arm size between guys like Lee Priest and Dan Hill.

I'll put it very simply this way - arm size DOES NOT have a correlation of 1 with body weight, which is the basic flaw in your argument. Guys who are lighter than others who are heavier have bigger arms than the latter - lots of people see this in gyms everyday. And it's not just arms - it's also calves, back, bench press, intelligence, height etc.

You can measure over a 1000 non-lifting guys from Poland circa 1800 to support a claim that no person under 200 lb can bench 300 lb, just like no person under 300 lb can bench 400 lb and so on (to give an example), but that's not going to make it true. There will be quite a few exceptions who disprove the rule, just as they do your body weight / arm size ratio formula.

You are the one who posted that body weight to arm size ratio chart. Why don't you prove that there are no exceptions to your rule? You can't, because it's just not universally true.

Lmaoooooo...."The Dupe" doesen't understand the very simple concept that the correlation beteen bodyeight and the size of any bodypart is so nonlinear as to be statistically meaningless. A 400 lbs obese man has a huge midsection, a smaller glutes and even smaller arms. A muscular 200 lbs poelifter ho specializes on the bench press has huge frontal deltoids, large triceps, big pectoralis and tiny quads. Lee Priest had 21" arms at 225 lbs hilst Dorian had 20" arms at 270 lbs. He questioned Kovacs having 27" arms despite the fact that he as 450 lbs off-season and that his arms ere huge even for his size. There are a multitudude of variables hich affect the relative size of a man's muscles in relation to one another: the length of muscle bellies, the relative diameter of the bones that underlie the muscle and supports it, the the density and proportion of muscle fibers ith some fibers hypertrophying to a greater degree than others, the amount of intramuscular lipids and ater and of course the emphasis that the given individual gives in his training to each muscle. The Dupe is a moron and should really shut up before he gets ridicularized by others more.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

P.S The 23 rd letter on my keyboard is jammed.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #504 on: April 20, 2010, 05:50:36 AM »
 Lmaoooooo...."The Dupe" doesen't understand the very simple concept that the correlation beteen bodyeight and the size of any bodypart is so nonlinear as to be statistically meaningless. A 400 lbs obese man has a huge midsection, a smaller glutes and even smaller arms. A muscular 200 lbs poelifter ho specializes on the bench press has huge frontal deltoids, large triceps, big pectoralis and tiny quads. Lee Priest had 21" arms at 225 lbs hilst Dorian had 20" arms at 270 lbs. He questioned Kovacs having 27" arms despite the fact that he as 450 lbs off-season and that his arms ere huge even for his size. There are a multitudude of variables hich affect the relative size of a man's muscles in relation to one another: the length of muscle bellies, the relative diameter of the bones that underlie the muscle and supports it, the the density and proportion of muscle fibers ith some fibers hypertrophying to a greater degree than others, the amount of intramuscular lipids and ater and of course the emphasis that the given individual gives in his training to each muscle. The Dupe is a moron and should really shut up before he gets ridicularized by others more.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Kovacs had a genuine 27'' arm...? You been smokin' dat der crack boy?

The Luke

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #505 on: April 20, 2010, 09:05:11 AM »
Kiwiol and Suckmymuscle just destroyed your bodyweight vs. bodypart size correlation and your only response is questioning Kovac's measurements? Delusional

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #506 on: April 20, 2010, 09:16:53 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Kovacs was a huge man in his prime but let's not go overboard....

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
Re: Vince Basile exposed The Luke's charletan-tendencies
« Reply #507 on: April 20, 2010, 10:56:27 AM »
be a man luke and evaluate your formula

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #508 on: April 20, 2010, 04:42:18 PM »
be a man luke and evaluate your formula

Based on what...?

In the pictures posted Heath's arm measures 55cm (21.7'') with a slack tape... that's what? 53cm (20.9'') with a taught tape... maybe 52cm (20.5'') without a pump (the pump only adds an eighth to a quarter of an inch, despite what people think).

So, if Heath has a genuine 20.5'' arm what does that do to my formula?

Well, what bodyweight does my formula produce for a 20.5'' arm?

Double check the maths yourselves if you don't believe me:
(20.5'')2/(15'')2x150 = (420.25/225)x150 = 1.8678x150 = 280 lbs ...for a guy who is average height.

Sounds about right to me. Even if Heath is only 260 lbs in those pictures... and even if his arms are a full 55cm cold (they aren't), as some assert, well the formula still gives his arm size to within an inch (actually less than 0.9 of an inch).

Still no evidence of anyone beating the formula by a significant margin, (well except for Lee Priest).

But if you guys want to believe...
-Kevin Levrone had 24'' arms in contest shape
-Ronnie Coleman had 24'' arms
-Greg Kovacs had 27'' arms
-Arnold had 22'' arms (bigger than Heath's arms in the above photos)

...well then, go ahead. Reality is for atheists anyway.

The Luke

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #509 on: April 20, 2010, 05:05:33 PM »
Based on what...?

blah, blah, blah

The whole premise of your argument is ridiculous. Firstly, you treat your formula like it's infallible and absolute, like it was handed to you by God in Mt Sinai, when in all likelihood you pulled it out of the exact same place Tbombz likes receiving deep tissue massages in.

Secondly, you contradict yourself and evade evidence that falsifies your absurd body weight / arm size ratio. According to you, Lee Priest had 21" arms onstage, but pics and clips showing guys like Ronnie or Nasser having much bigger arms to you are all deceiving due to the angles they were taken from, never mind the fact that a lot of them are straight on.

I could come up with an absurd formula too, like body weight vs bench press, based on the same kind of sample population (non lifting teenage boys who did the paper route in Poland between 1877 - 1882) and keep talking about how all the powerlifters out there are full of shit, because they don't fit my formula, but it won't make it true to the slightest degree, no matter how many steps of calculations I show and what not.

I know you won't admit it, but your assertion has been disproved with multiple examples in this thread by different people, sometimes from the first person perspective. So better luck next time ;)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #510 on: April 20, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »
Based on what...?

In the pictures posted Heath's arm measures 55cm (21.7'') with a slack tape... that's what? 53cm (20.9'') with a taught tape... maybe 52cm (20.5'') without a pump (the pump only adds an eighth to a quarter of an inch, despite what people think).

So, if Heath has a genuine 20.5'' arm what does that do to my formula?

Well, what bodyweight does my formula produce for a 20.5'' arm?

Double check the maths yourselves if you don't believe me:
(20.5'')2/(15'')2x150 = (420.25/225)x150 = 1.8678x150 = 280 lbs ...for a guy who is average height.

Sounds about right to me. Even if Heath is only 260 lbs in those pictures... and even if his arms are a full 55cm cold (they aren't), as some assert, well the formula still gives his arm size to within an inch (actually less than 0.9 of an inch).

Still no evidence of anyone beating the formula by a significant margin, (well except for Lee Priest).

But if you guys want to believe...
-Kevin Levrone had 24'' arms in contest shape
-Ronnie Coleman had 24'' arms
-Greg Kovacs had 27'' arms
-Arnold had 22'' arms (bigger than Heath's arms in the above photos)

...well then, go ahead. Reality is for atheists anyway.

The Luke

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i LOVE HOW YOU JUST USED THREE BULLSHIT "FACTS" THAT YOU PULL OUT OF YOUR ASS TO SHRINK HEATH'S ARM BY 1 1/4 INCHES!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......SERIOUSLY YOU ARE THE BIGGEST JOKE I'VE EVER RUN ACROSS

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #511 on: April 20, 2010, 05:11:01 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

That Kovacs arm measurement aside, the above post is spot on. And Kovacs did have some ridiculous arms - I remember seeing pics of his arms DWARFING that of the arm Don Aaron Maadron in some expo, even though Maddron was no slouch himself and weighed around 260 lb.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #512 on: April 20, 2010, 05:14:39 PM »
It would be kind of hilarious though if bigfoot actually turned out to be real, imagine the owning the Luke would have pulled off on us.

But until then, he's a fucking loser.
from incomplete data

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #513 on: April 20, 2010, 05:18:16 PM »
Secondly, you contradict yourself and evade evidence that falsifies your absurd body weight / arm size ratio. According to you, Lee Priest had 21" arms onstage, but pics and clips showing guys like Ronnie or Nasser having much bigger arms to you are all deceiving due to the angles they were taken from, never mind the fact that a lot of them are straight on.

The formula works to within an inch for everyone except Lee Priest.

It's you nuthuggers who need to get real... Coleman's arms were the biggest and best ever in the pro leagues, and they were at best 22''.

Yes they are significantly bigger than Lee Priest's in pics... because Priest's are approaching 21'' in context shape and Ronnie's are approaching 22''.

Why don't you explain your position Kiwiol?

If Ronnie had 21.7'' arms at 305 lbs lean (as videoed) when did he have 24'' arms? The offseason he reached 500 lbs lean?

If Heath need a lax measurement with a slack tape to have 21+'' arms and Zack Khan has only 22+'' arms... how could Arnold have 22'' arms?

Is it all based on your "feelings" from looking at photographs?

If you "feel" your arm is 30'', does that make it so?

The Luke

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #514 on: April 20, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »
i LOVE HOW YOU JUST USED THREE BULLSHIT "FACTS" THAT YOU PULL OUT OF YOUR ASS TO SHRINK HEATH'S ARM BY 1 1/4 INCHES!!!!!!!!!

Guess you didn't read this bit...

Even if Heath is only 260 lbs in those pictures... and even if his arms are a full 55cm cold (they aren't), as some assert, well the formula still gives his arm size to within an inch (actually less than 0.9 of an inch).

The Luke

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #515 on: April 20, 2010, 05:23:09 PM »
Guess you didn't read this bit...

The Luke

LOLOL...quoting yourself as if it means something...every single person here views you as a complete idiot, no one takes you seriously

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #516 on: April 20, 2010, 05:24:57 PM »
The formula works to within an inch for everyone except Lee Priest.

It's you nuthuggers who need to get real... Coleman's arms were the biggest and best ever in the pro leagues, and they were at best 22''.

Yes they are significantly bigger than Lee Priest's in pics... because Priest's are approaching 21'' in context shape and Ronnie's are approaching 22''.

Why don't you explain your position Kiwiol?

If Ronnie had 21.7'' arms at 305 lbs lean (as videoed) when did he have 24'' arms? The offseason he reached 500 lbs lean?

If Heath need a lax measurement with a slack tape to have 21+'' arms and Zack Khan has only 22+'' arms... how could Arnold have 22'' arms?

Is it all based on your "feelings" from looking at photographs?

If you "feel" your arm is 30'', does that make it so?

The Luke

Firstly, these guys fluctuate in bodyweight, limb size and strength between contests, in different years. So to hold up that one time Ronnie got measured (for which the evidence is flimsier than proofs that show otherwise) as the only acceptable one is ridiculous.

Arnold looked very unimpressive at times in between one Olympia contest and another. So if his arms got measured, you'd get a fluctuation of 2 - 3", based on the time it was done. What you do is take the lower end of that measurement and make it seem like the higher measurement doesn't exist.

If I "feel" my arm is 30", it won't make it so, just like if I come up with a body weight / arm size ratio chart, it won't be absolute, infallible and universal, no matter who is being measured, solely based on my claiming the same.

If you think Ronnie's arms are only an inch bigger than Lee's, there's no point arguing about it. You can make someone see something only if they don't refuse to see it and accept it in the first place.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #517 on: April 20, 2010, 05:28:05 PM »
LOLOL...quoting yourself as if it means something...every single person here views you as a complete idiot, no one takes you seriously

Groink,

Your arms are 19'' and look too big for your body, even though you're 260 lbs.

How can you believe ANYONE has a 24'' arm when even you yourself fit into my formula perfectly?

I've posted all the data I used and even showed the math... what's to argue?

The Luke

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #518 on: April 20, 2010, 05:28:19 PM »
LOLOL...quoting yourself as if it means something

;D

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #519 on: April 20, 2010, 05:35:03 PM »
Firstly, these guys fluctuate in bodyweight, limb size and strength between contests, in different years. So to hold up that one time Ronnie got measured (for which the evidence is flimsier than proofs that show otherwise) as the only acceptable one is ridiculous.

Ronnie claimed to weigh 305 lbs in that video... just stretch it to it's original aspect ratio, he looks just as big as ever. It's also only a month after the 2004 Olympia.

Do you think he shed 100 lbs of muscle in four weeks, or do you think he weighed a 100 lbs more in the offseason than he did at the Olympia... which one is it?

I'm trying to entertain your argument, but the only evidence you have is your "feeling" that the obvious difference between Ronnie's arms and Priest's arms in pictures constitutes two or three inches of circumference.

But "feelings" don't measure arms, tape measures do... why not just accept the tape measurements?

Aside from your "feelings", do you have a valid criticism of my math?

The Luke

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #520 on: April 20, 2010, 05:37:50 PM »

Would that happen to be from past meltdowns from all the ownings you received here?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #521 on: April 20, 2010, 05:39:12 PM »
But "feelings" don't measure arms, tape measures do... why not just accept the tape measurements?

OK, I will. In which case, going by your own logic, Basile measured Arnold at 21.5", which can't be argued against and which once again disproves your precious little formula ;D

But we're just going around in circles here and I'm bored with this thing already.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #522 on: April 20, 2010, 05:46:30 PM »
OK, I will. In which case, going by your own logic, Basile measured Arnold at 21.5", which can't be argued against and which once again disproves your precious little formula ;D

I like Vince... he's a great guy, who runs a top notch gym.

But I think he's mistaken with that measurement.

I remember reading his posts on IronAge.us where he claimed to have measured Arnold's arms at 20.5''... even on this site he has claimed to have measured Arnold's arms at 21.5'' in 1968 (soft 230 lb Arnold) while simultaneously claiming in another thread to have measured Arnold's arms at 21.5'' in 1974 (biggest ever: ripped 250 lb Arnold).

I'm not sure which one to believe... but without pics or video evidence, I'll go with the formula, it predicts every verified and proven measurement ever taken really.

The Luke

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #523 on: April 20, 2010, 05:50:50 PM »
Ok man, stick to your formula.  ::)

Just don't bother us with it anymore.

So we're all agreed NO ONE has a 24'' arm; and NO ONE has a 23'' arm on stage?

Doesn't that mean I won?

If I won an argument on the internet, doesn't that mean I'm retarded?

The Luke

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #524 on: April 20, 2010, 05:55:26 PM »
So we're all agreed NO ONE has a 24'' arm; and NO ONE has a 23'' arm on stage?

Doesn't that mean I won?

If I won an argument on the internet, doesn't that mean I'm retarded?

The Luke

We're all agreed that arguing with you further in this matter is pointless, esp. given you've been disproven both factually and theoretically.