Author Topic: Zane  (Read 22478 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
Re: Zane
« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2020, 05:55:52 AM »
More like 145 pounds at best without steroids.

Agreed.

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
  • youtube.com/channel/UCM3b-ovhSj2GjARYWYWwODQ
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2020, 04:57:32 PM »

[ FHD ] Frank Zane 1977 Mr. Olympia Posing  ;D

[ 4K UHD ] Frank Zane's Backyard Posing in 1972  ;D

[ FHD ] Frank Zane 1979 Mr. Olympia Posing   ;D

[ FHD ]  Frank Zane - 1970 Mr Universe  ;D

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2020, 07:08:12 PM »
 ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2020, 09:22:03 PM »
;D zane for the win.

Magic Circle from Peary Rader (I'm sure he stole it from someone else)
I used to love those old ironman magazines that were smaller than a regular magazine, mostly in black and white text and photos and kind of written like a newsletter

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2020, 09:33:56 PM »
As gay as the day is long.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2020, 09:44:30 PM »
More like 145 pounds at best without steroids.

155.5 pounds without steroids

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2020, 10:15:58 PM »
I used to love those old ironman magazines that were smaller than a regular magazine, mostly in black and white text and photos and kind of written like a newsletter
Great magazine.....I used to call it the bible of bodybuilding.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2020, 10:40:57 PM »
That pic right there IS bodybuilding. ^^

Not over-rated at all. Especially compared to the crap-fest known as BB today.
Vince you looked very good in your Mr. Canada pics, but you cant touch that.

I think Frank is more aloof than ignorant. That is why he lead (still leads) a quiet home life while still being successful.
Nothing wrong w/ that.

Most of the guys training in the sixties and seventies wanted to go to Golds Gym and train with the champs there. I ended up in Australia and not California so never got highly motivated to train that hard. Who knows what I might have done had I been in LA and had access to everything those guys were doing and using? I doubt I would have risked my health just to win a big bodybuilding title.

Here is a composite photo showing Frank as he won a Mr Olympia and me in 1975 two weeks out from a Mr Australia contest.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2020, 12:42:09 AM »
Most of the guys training in the sixties and seventies wanted to go to Golds Gym and train with the champs there. I ended up in Australia and not California so never got highly motivated to train that hard. Who knows what I might have done had I been in LA and had access to everything those guys were doing and using? I doubt I would have risked my health just to win a big bodybuilding title.

Here is a composite photo showing Frank as he won a Mr Olympia and me in 1975 two weeks out from a Mr Australia contest.

How is your life in Fantasyland?
Joke aside, if you are honest about you only trying Dianabol once, and built that physique mostly naturally, you could really achieve much more than Mr. Canada, if you juiced like other bbing greats.
I believe that you chose the right path...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2020, 01:31:25 AM »
How is your life in Fantasyland?
Joke aside, if you are honest about you only trying Dianabol once, and built that physique mostly naturally, you could really achieve much more than Mr. Canada, if you juiced like other bbing greats.
I believe that you chose the right path...

I used Dianabol in 1970 then in 1975. Two tablets each day. Never tried anything else.

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2020, 06:01:39 AM »
I used Dianabol in 1970 then in 1975. Two tablets each day. Never tried anything else.

looking back on your decision, do you ever wonder what 3 tabs would have done? or 200mg of deca per week? that amount was not going to harm you at all.... it was before my time, but it seems like you old timers were a little scared of gear vs guys today... thats not a bad thing at all in my book... but what stopped you??

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2020, 08:49:43 AM »
looking back on your decision, do you ever wonder what 3 tabs would have done? or 200mg of deca per week? that amount was not going to harm you at all.... it was before my time, but it seems like you old timers were a little scared of gear vs guys today... thats not a bad thing at all in my book... but what stopped you??

I met Dr Michael Walczak in 1970 at English Bay Beach in Vancouver. I knew that the top guys were taking Deca Durabolin. We talked about bodybuilding and he said I could be a Mr Universe within 6 months if I came to LA and was supervised doing anabolic steroids. I invited Michael to my place for dinner but when he found out I was married I never saw him again! According to him lots of the top guys were active in the gay scene in Los Angeles. I guess he should know.

I honestly hate needles so Deca wasn't at all acceptable. In those days it wasn't clear if there were side effects. Tom Sansone died at a relatively young age and that scared most of us. Well, we never did find out the cause of his passing but you know how we assume that steroids might be involved in cancers for example. I suppose the fearless guys from that era were the ones who ended up winning most of the big titles. I have to smile now when it is obvious those titles don't mean much any more. Well time passes and those days are long gone.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2020, 05:25:10 PM »
              imagine what zane could have done if he had used the suplinator.. :o :o :o :o :o the sky's the limit.

Why bother with that? Zane already endorsed the Torso Trak.

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
« Reply #188 on: December 31, 2020, 05:03:45 AM »
 :D ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: December 31, 2020, 05:12:09 AM »

I have huge collection of the Old Ironman. Best bodybuilding magazine ever. Even the ads are interesting.

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2021, 04:44:16 PM »
 ;) :D ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2021, 09:45:47 PM »
;) :D ;D

When you compare this 1982 top three to the top three in 1975 none of these guys had the pecs of Arnold, Lou, or Nubret. It's like after Franco in 76 chest development took a huge drop.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2021, 04:10:35 AM »

Great physique, Vince.  No homo.