Author Topic: Zane  (Read 22209 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Zane
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2018, 04:53:02 AM »
Are you saying that Mike didn't act like he invented HIT?

Come on.

Even Frederick Hatfield used to make fun of him over it. (RIP Dr. Squat).

Yes. Come on.

Like everybody, they learn from others and place their own unique stamp on it. Like Dante's Doggcrap training, Trevor Smith's "Beyond failure", Jason Huh's partial reps training that use to be called "burns" or "partials"... the list goes on

Why would he need his brother to live there and help with the rent?

What makes you think he "needed" his brother to live with him? I've lived with others but not because I needed to. Cracks me up how so many people act like they know so much about his personal life and circumstances.

We heterosexuals have these things called women.

If you need help with the bills, get a live-in girlfriend. ::)

What kind of stupid comment is that? Mike had a girl friend for years. Not everybody wants
to live with their girl friend. Some don't even like living with their wife anymore.

As for the quality of the abode, well, neither of us can truly say.

I can. I saw it. So have many others. It was not a place for the poor.

One can be a topic of discussion. It doesn't automatically mean agreement. Most don't agree with HIT.

And this is coming from a guy who believes in lower volume (no. of exercises/sets/frequency) and more rest.

Yet Mike influence their training whether they know it or not. The intensity variables, the importance of recovery, that just doing more sets or training more often means more progress. Even Coleman and Yates reduce their training to just 4 times per week. Even you reduced your training volume directly or indirectly because of Mike whether you want to admit it or not.

I think most would rather be Zane and have had his life rather than Mentzer's.

That has nothing to do with the influence he had on bodybuilding or the validity of HIT.

And let us not forget that he still has life.

He didn't destroy his organs with steroids and still has three Sandow statues.

Mike has...
[/quote]

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2018, 05:29:14 AM »
Are you saying that Mike didn't act like he invented HIT?

Come on.

Even Frederick Hatfield used to make fun of him over it. (RIP Dr. Squat).

Why would he need his brother to live there and help with the rent?

We heterosexuals have these things called women.

If you need help with the bills, get a live-in girlfriend. ::)

As for the quality of the abode, well, neither of us can truly say.

One can be a topic of discussion. It doesn't automatically mean agreement. Most don't agree with HIT.

And this is coming from a guy who believes in lower volume (no. of exercises/sets/frequency) and more rest.

I think most would rather be Zane and have had his life rather than Mentzer's.

And let us not forget that he still has life.

He didn't destroy his organs with steroids and still has three Sandow statues.

Mike has...

I'm pretty sure Zane fucked up this thyroid gland abusing T3 and is on it for life...so you are full of shit.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2018, 02:57:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure Zane fucked up this thyroid gland abusing T3 and is on it for life...so you are full of shit.

How am I full of shit, cuck? ???

He's alive and Menter is dead. ::)

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2018, 01:26:49 AM »
How am I full of shit, cuck? ???

He's alive and Menter is dead. ::)

You are strangely trying to equate his value to the way in which he met his demise, it's pretty pathetic.

The fact that he is dead does not take away anything from his contribution to training theory.

Guess what? 100 percent of people, fucking die...Do you think yourself and Zane are somehow going to keep on going indefinitely? Or that it's some sort of race?

How old are you? 15? Do you think you are invincible or something?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2018, 02:49:07 AM »
About Mike and Ray helping each other. When Ray had a gym he helped Mike. Ray was doing well in LA having sore back clinics plus a gym. Things went sour when he required dialysis. Mike's business picked up and he looked after Ray near the end. That is what brothers do.

Mike was a philosopher. Plain and simple. So his writings re training are superb and remain a major contribution to training theory.

Somewhat surprising to find out that Frank didn't really have any apparatus that was original. Just a variation of a well-known device.
Frank damaged his shoulders and in old age suffered because of that damage.

Everyone eventually falls apart physically near the end! Some more than others.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2018, 04:28:28 PM »
About Mike and Ray helping each other. When Ray had a gym he helped Mike. Ray was doing well in LA having sore back clinics plus a gym. Things went sour when he required dialysis. Mike's business picked up and he looked after Ray near the end. That is what brothers do.

Mike was a philosopher. Plain and simple. So his writings re training are superb and remain a major contribution to training theory.

Somewhat surprising to find out that Frank didn't really have any apparatus that was original. Just a variation of a well-known device.
Frank damaged his shoulders and in old age suffered because of that damage.

Great post, Vince!

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2018, 04:32:06 PM »

;D ;D ;D
 :D :D :D

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2018, 06:46:16 PM »
Yes. Come on.

Like everybody, they learn from others and place their own unique stamp on it. Like Dante's Doggcrap training, Trevor Smith's "Beyond failure", Jason Huh's partial reps training that use to be called "burns" or "partials"... the list goes on

What makes you think he "needed" his brother to live with him? I've lived with others but not because I needed to. Cracks me up how so many people act like they know so much about his personal life and circumstances.

What kind of stupid comment is that? Mike had a girl friend for years. Not everybody wants
to live with their girl friend. Some don't even like living with their wife anymore.

I can. I saw it. So have many others. It was not a place for the poor.

Yet Mike influence their training whether they know it or not. The intensity variables, the importance of recovery, that just doing more sets or training more often means more progress. Even Coleman and Yates reduce their training to just 4 times per week. Even you reduced your training volume directly or indirectly because of Mike whether you want to admit it or not.

That has nothing to do with the influence he had on bodybuilding or the validity of HIT.

I think we have to agree to disagree.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2018, 06:53:30 PM »
You are strangely trying to equate his value to the way in which he met his demise, it's pretty pathetic.

The fact that he is dead does not take away anything from his contribution to training theory.

His contribution is debatable.

It is far from the gospel. ::)

But I understand that his fans don't have much to cling to.

Guess what? 100 percent of people, fucking die...Do you think yourself and Zane are somehow going to keep on going indefinitely? Or that it's some sort of race?

He destroyed his body and health with the abuse of steroids and God knows what else.

And he never even got the goal - a Sandow.

How old are you? 15? Do you think you are invincible or something?

Not 15 nor invisible.

But I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

I'm saying that Zane is a three time Mr. Olympia and is still alive.

Mentzer is a zero time Mr. Olympia and is still dead.

I'd say Zane wins.

Facts hurt.

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2018, 02:06:33 AM »

His contribution is debatable.

It is far from the gospel. ::)

But I understand that his fans don't have much to cling to.

He destroyed his body and health with the abuse of steroids and God knows what else.

And he never even got the goal - a Sandow.

Not 15 nor invisible.

But I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

I'm saying that Zane is a three time Mr. Olympia and is still alive.

Mentzer is a zero time Mr. Olympia and is still dead.

I'd say Zane wins.

Facts hurt.

He's listed as the winner of the 1979 Mr Olympia Heavyweight class. That made him the best big guy in the world that year. You are acting like he is a nobody. With a perfect score too. He lost the overall, probably based on Zane's superior presentation, yet he is still a champion. I'm sure I've seen a photograph of him with his Sandow for that win too. I'll have to dig out his books later on as I'm sure of it.

The point is, ALL competitive bodybuilders abuse drugs. That extends to most competitive sports, hate to break it to you.

As I mentioned previously, Zane wrecked his thyroid, one of the most crucial glands for wellness, abusing drugs. He is on replacement therapy for life. Does that make his achievements any less in your eyes? No, it doesn't does it? Because you are cherry picking the facts to suit your argument.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2018, 02:33:27 AM »

I'm sure I've seen a photograph of him with his Sandow for that win too. I'll have to dig out his books later on as I'm sure of it.

Mega BS , no Sandows 4 class winners .

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2018, 02:50:21 AM »
Mega BS , no Sandows 4 class winners .

I'm probably imagining it, it has been known! Point is, he is a champion.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2018, 03:15:30 AM »
He's listed as the winner of the 1979 Mr Olympia Heavyweight class. That made him the best big guy in the world that year. You are acting like he is a nobody. With a perfect score too. He lost the overall, probably based on Zane's superior presentation, yet he is still a champion. I'm sure I've seen a photograph of him with his Sandow for that win too. I'll have to dig out his books later on as I'm sure of it.

The point is, ALL competitive bodybuilders abuse drugs. That extends to most competitive sports, hate to break it to you.

As I mentioned previously, Zane wrecked his thyroid, one of the most crucial glands for wellness, abusing drugs. He is on replacement therapy for life. Does that make his achievements any less in your eyes? No, it doesn't does it? Because you are cherry picking the facts to suit your argument.

Just curious, how do you know Frank "wrecked" his thyroid and is on replacement therapy for life?

J

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2018, 03:27:34 AM »
Just curious, how do you know Frank "wrecked" his thyroid and is on replacement therapy for life?

J

I don't know first hand of course. From what I remember, I read it in an article (pretty sure it was on Bodybuilding.com) some years back, discussing the topic of T3. Seen it mentioned a number of times on forums, but that isn't proof of course. Lots of crap is published admittedly, but it holds some water, considering the fact it was mentioned in an article on a large platform like Bodybuilding.com.

Maybe some of the old timers can chime in to confirm?

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2018, 04:47:38 AM »
I don't know first hand of course. From what I remember, I read it in an article (pretty sure it was on Bodybuilding.com) some years back, discussing the topic of T3. Seen it mentioned a number of times on forums, but that isn't proof of course. Lots of crap is published admittedly, but it holds some water, considering the fact it was mentioned in an article on a large platform like Bodybuilding.com.

Maybe some of the old timers can chime in to confirm?

no old timers around here , steroids kill them all  :P

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2018, 05:06:57 AM »
There's only one Zane.  There were two Mentzers.  ;)

I think Zane's physique is superb but then so too, in its own way was Mike's.  In the 1980 O, I have Arnold in 1st and as for 2nd/3rd in my estimation it could have gone either way with Mike and Frank.

Dicksuckerson should never have been allowed on the dais.

Suppositions about Zane's health are just that.  Mike of course is dead, so in that case Zane wins.  Again.  I like both gentlemen's physiques and would prefer either to what is up there these days, even among the so-called "Classic Physique" competitors.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2018, 03:36:56 AM »
Happy belated birthday to the most ideal physical Mr.Olympia.  Zane turned 76 yesterday.

Let's wait and see if there's a magazine celebrating Zane with pullout poster and never before seen pictures. 

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2018, 04:06:49 AM »

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2018, 11:13:19 AM »
Frank used desiccated thyroid.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2018, 01:51:02 PM »
Happy belated birthday to the most ideal physical Mr.Olympia.  Zane turned 76 yesterday.

Let's wait and see if there's a magazine celebrating Zane with pullout poster and never before seen pictures.  

I heard his birthday wish was that Vince Basil dies a painful, prolonged, slow death. Just kidding, he doesn’t know who Vince is.

J

Dieter

• Getbig III
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2018, 02:03:39 PM »

I thought Zane fans would appreciate this. A full hour of Zane talking about his life. Looks pretty healthy here. He claims totally natural, not even TRT. Says his T is over 500 just from natural supplements like fenugreek, etc

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2018, 04:04:55 PM »
I heard his birthday wish was that Vince Basil painful, prolonged slow death. Just kidding, he doesn’t know who Vince is.

J

Mr.Zane 76yo & slim, basil 76 & FAT  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2018, 05:56:53 PM »
Mr.Zane 76yo & slim, basil 76 & FAT  ;D

Fat is the new slim.

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2018, 08:07:11 AM »
Zane's back

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2018, 02:32:44 PM »
I always aspired to look like Frank,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fell just a bit short though.   LOL  :)