Author Topic: The Olympics: the Women's weight lifting competition is getting interesting  (Read 6708 times)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
While I respect their accomplishments, I can't say they "win" againest female bodybuilders in the looks area imo. For one, many outweigh female BB in some cases by as much as 200lbs.

Female bb may look big photo wise, most are like 130lbs or so. In reality, not sure they would be considered more masculine agianest 350lbs weightlifting women...as they must be huge in person.

cannon_fodder

• Getbig III
Here's a collection of photos from various Chinese Olympic Lifters as they train, I thought might interest some:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dehwang/ .

These were posted at another forum sometime ago, by a fellow who was observing the Chinese team as they prepared for the Olympics.   

Some crazy shots there. Insanely strong guys/girls

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
The Chinese and Russians have systematic doping and will continue to have it.  That is a fact.
I am sure the IOC, world governing body for weightlifting and all other relivent bodies are hannging on the bit for you now to back up and prove this rather big claim.

So where's your evidence to support this claim ???

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
I am sure the IOC, world governing body for weightlifting and all other relivent bodies are hannging on the bit for you now to back up and prove this rather big claim.

So where's your evidence to support this claim ???

Probably the fact that 8 Russian athletes were suspended for doping right before the games, but let's not split hairs here.

China's also falsifying documents to make their 12-14 year old gymnasts 16 years old so they can compete.

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
Once again your proof is where? The LA Times? Show the proof, you yanks are good for throwing around unfound accusations.

Moosejay

Once again your proof is where? The LA Times? Show the proof, you yanks are good for throwing around unfound accusations.

We are simply just and righteous, and whatever we say is usually decoid of falsehoods or propaganda.

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahah you are so full of shit. Keep telling yourself that. hahahahahahahahahahahaha ha

Moosejay

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah you are so full of shit. Keep telling yourself that. hahahahahahahahahahahaha ha

Just trying to help you, Ming. Me love you long time.

Fury

• Getbig V

Actually, it was a Chinese news agency that uncovered the fact that one of the girls that joined the team last year was 14, that another was 12 and that it's most likely that all but one of them are under 16. It's not that hard to falsify documents of a few people in a country of 1.3 billion.  ::)

Why would the IOC lie about suspending 8 Russian athletes for doping?

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
Didn't say anything about the Russain lifters, but your way off base about the gymnasts. Storey was beat up by the  US media because they know China is going to kick their asseson the gym mat

Fury

• Getbig V
Didn't say anything about the Russain lifters, but your way off base about the gymnasts. Storey was beat up by the  US media because they know China is going to kick their asseson the gym mat

Hahaha, taking the kids to train their lives away at 3 years old for over a decade and the Chinese women aren't even that much better than the USA women. All that work and you would think they would be far and away the greatest team on the planet, yet the USA women have two girls who are in contention for multiple gold medals and will put China to the test to win the team gold. They would've qualified ahead of China if they didn't make a few mistakes. Even with all those mistakes, they still qualified just under them.

I wonder what it would be like if gymnastics were as popular in the USA as it was in China and the government pulled children into programs at 3 years old. Probably win 2x as many medals as China.  :D

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
Keep living off the BS the media feeds you. Boy you are so out of touch. It must be gresat to be so young seen so little yet be such an exspert.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Godanmit, China is leading the U.S in gold medal counts. they got 9, and the U.S got 3. what the Fcuk

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
ALL on drugs.

Natural athletes do not exist

They exist, but they are not winners.