Author Topic: Hilary angling to demand VP position!  (Read 6081 times)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Hilary angling to demand VP position!
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2008, 10:21:16 AM »
...no post of my legs up yet.

If you watch the Simpsons... Comic Book Guy. That's what I look like, balding; fat; bearded (except I'm only 5').

The reason why I'm so interested in these threads is because as a European, I'm continually amazed at how indoctrinated Americans (of both stripes) seem to be. It's not just entrenched political viewpoints, it's dogmatized entrenched THINKING.

Americans are seemingly so misinformed that they don't seem to understand that America is not a microcosm of the world at large... it's a weird Twilight Zone that borders reality.

In most of Europe Ralph Nader would be considered right wing... you guys make fun of the French; try visiting France. They're not arrogant, they're cultured... and yes, to put it bluntly, they ARE better than you so it's not a character fault if they also happen to think so.

Gotta admit though, Ron Paul or Ralph Nader as Obama's VP would be a dream ticket.

The Luke

If Ralph Nader is considered "right wing" in Europe then you guys are in a lot more trouble than I thought.

No wonder the durkas are taking over.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2008, 07:16:20 PM »
If Ralph Nader is considered "right wing" in Europe then you guys are in a lot more trouble than I thought.

No wonder the durkas are taking over.

Europe rocks!  8)
!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2008, 03:48:24 AM »
...no post of my legs up yet.

ok, then you're not the person I was thinking you were. Still I really enjoy many of your posts.
While I might not agree with them, I find them to have sound reason, and it's obvious brain cells were actually at work when the message was composed. Not enough of that around here I don't think.

If you watch the Simpsons... Comic Book Guy. That's what I look like, balding; fat; bearded (except I'm only 5').

Umm, ...no, don't watch the Simpsons if I can help it. If I'm semi-comatose, have lost the remote and am in too much pain to actually get up and find it, ...or to change the channel, then I might catch an episode, but it's not the type of fare I seek out. (unless a friend is doing a voice-over on it)

The reason why I'm so interested in these threads is because as a European, I'm continually amazed at how indoctrinated Americans (of both stripes) seem to be. It's not just entrenched political viewpoints, it's dogmatized entrenched THINKING.

You believe Americans can THINK?!

Now THAT's funny!  j/k (some of them can) Many on here amaze me everyday, ...but yes I know what you're getting at. And quite often they thump their chests and roar We're #1, We're the best, and have no concept of the actual reality, but when you try to open their eyes, you're accused of being Anti-American. And worse, those within their borders who attempt to point out the truth are called "treasonous" for not going along with the insanity, and for simply having the cojones to point it out.  :'(

Americans are seemingly so misinformed that they don't seem to understand that America is not a microcosm of the world at large... it's a weird Twilight Zone that borders reality.

I never really looked at it that way, ...but I have to agree with you.

In most of Europe Ralph Nader would be considered right wing... you guys make fun of the French; try visiting France. They're not arrogant, they're cultured... and yes, to put it bluntly, they ARE better than you so it's not a character fault if they also happen to think so.

{wince} Ouch!

Gotta admit though, Ron Paul or Ralph Nader as Obama's VP would be a dream ticket.

The Luke

More like an impossible dream.  ;D  Can you picture those two? I could just see the discussions on health care now.
Although I'm sure it would probably be the most civil disagreement we'd ever be priviledged to see among politicians.
For such a ticket to occur, I think they'd have to throw all policy platforms out the window and go simply on character and their sincere desire to bring change to how washington works, ...although Ron Paul did say a mixed ticket with Kucinich wasn't entirely out of the question. I think an Obama / Paul ticket, ...no matter how highly impossible, ...were it to occur, ...would sweep the nation. Both do have a strong background in the Constitution.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2008, 04:04:39 AM »
I should start deleting posts for excessive babbling... :)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2008, 04:08:03 AM »
{blush}  :-[
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2008, 04:15:31 AM »
uh yea ::)