Author Topic: "OLYMPIA: THE SERIES"  (Read 36771 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: "OLYMPIA: THE SERIES"
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2007, 09:44:08 AM »
somewhere in the distance I hear the air being deflated out of Bob's rubber ducky

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2007, 09:48:42 AM »
Funny, Victor is here with me, Gustavo and Adela for the Copa 2007 here in San Juan Puerto Rico.
Victor arrived yesterday. I talked to him at dinner last night he said, Blechman didn't want his guys involved (Wolf, Dexter, Melvin, Etc) because he had his own Web site for them to appear on.
HHHHmmmmmmmmm, Victor emphatically stated, he has no problems shooting it but he listens to the guy who signs his checks, meaning he wont be appearing in the Series. :-\

Peace,
S. Ray

Yeah... god for bid an athletes likeness appeared on a non-profit website or promoted the "sport" of bodybuilding in any way.  Oh wait, Bodybuilding.com plans to pull in thousands of users to their site with this footage to garner more income from their supplement sales and yet the bodybuilders will recieve nothing.  :-\

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2007, 08:36:23 PM »
July 3, 2007

Just putting the finishing touches on a first in the world of Professional Bodybuilding....an in-depth look at the superstars of the IFBB and their preparation for the upcoming Mr. Olympia weekend (Sept. 29, 30/ Las Vegas)
  all the Olympians in their quest for Olympia glory.

The real "battle for the Olympia"...STARTS NOW!

Superstars of the IFBB?
what are those?

WOOOSSSHHHHHH

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2007, 06:54:59 AM »
yeah...bob said july 3..now its july 9 due to technical difficulties. (6 days to upload a video clip??) yeah right.

bodybuilding.com is gonna try profit from bodybuilders who once again dont get anything back.

not that i care tho lol. bob, suck em dry!

;D

Stavios

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2007, 07:10:33 AM »
Someone tell Victor to watch his mouth when he is around Shawn or the DEA may come the his place when he gets back home  :-\

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2007, 08:28:29 AM »
They've already Been there and Done that..................Ne xt :-[

How Original :-*

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2007, 10:31:22 AM »
Yep!  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2007, 04:45:53 PM »
yeah...bob said july 3..now its july 9 due to technical difficulties. (6 days to upload a video clip??) yeah right.

bodybuilding.com is gonna try profit from bodybuilders who once again dont get anything back.

not that i care tho lol. bob, suck em dry!

;D

Video clip?

I wish it were just that...it's a 45 minute movie, and were on the road as were filming it, editing, etc...using new, state of the art equipment, it's a compatability issue...

I've been working on a few ideas to compensate the athletes...keep in mind..this is for the Olympia, and our part in it wasn't exactly "free"...we paid for the right to do what were doing, so before eveeryone starts crying about the athletes getting "screwed"..let's remember that we have spent well in excess of 250K.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2007, 06:15:26 PM »
I've been working on a few ideas to compensate the athletes...keep in mind..this is for the Olympia, and our part in it wasn't exactly "free"...we paid for the right to do what were doing, so before eveeryone starts crying about the athletes getting "screwed"..let's remember that we have spent well in excess of 250K.

Ohhh.. you made it seem as if this video was mainly being created to promote the Olympia not Bodybuilding.com.  I have no problem with that.  So you pay out 250k+ and any athlete who is competing in the Olympia "has" to appear in this video but doesn't see a dime from the 250k.  Yeah they ain't getting screwed.  But Hey it's not your fault Bob

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2007, 05:55:38 AM »
Hater's will Hate that's their job!
What your missing is this if for the benefit of you "The Fans" as well as the Athletes for promotion of themselves and the sport.
When some athletes careers are over, they may only have this footage of what they looked like, what they were thinking, how they felt, etc to document thei time spent in this arena.
Ask some of the old timers who didn;t capture their time in this business on film what they'd give in exchange for what these athletes are getting free of charge!

Not every knucklehead will understand that but trust me, the Bodybuilders do!
Thanks Bob and BBing.com for putting in the time, money and effort to get this done right!

Peace,
S. Ray

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2007, 06:19:40 AM »
Video clip?

I wish it were just that...it's a 45 minute movie, and were on the road as were filming it, editing, etc...using new, state of the art equipment, it's a compatability issue...

State-of-the-art equipment Bob?  :o You mean one of those fancy cameras that doesn't use reels and a computer.

It's mid-morning on the ninth and still no "movie"  ::)
Enjoy your dish...

Nuge

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2007, 07:39:13 AM »
Where is the clip!?! Looking forward to it.

Victor has been appearing in videos for MD, by the way, most recently in a 10-part series with Kai Greene, for which he and Kai did voiceovers with Palumbo. These are killer videos (and I'm not just saying that because I'm supposedly some sort of MD nut).
Repent, or join me!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2007, 08:28:26 AM »
Hater's will Hate that's their job!
What your missing is this if for the benefit of you "The Fans" as well as the Athletes for promotion of themselves and the sport.
When some athletes careers are over, they may only have this footage of what they looked like, what they were thinking, how they felt, etc to document thei time spent in this arena.
Ask some of the old timers who didn;t capture their time in this business on film what they'd give in exchange for what these athletes are getting free of charge!

Not every knucklehead will understand that but trust me, the Bodybuilders do!
Thanks Bob and BBing.com for putting in the time, money and effort to get this done right!

Peace,
S. Ray

Thanks, bro...

Much like the webcasts...for some reason, there are still a few fools out there who think it costs us nothing to produce these.

To the gallery:

As for compensation...no one ever said the athletes would not be paid. That payment comes in the form of prize monies from participating in the Olympia, which we have increased, and will continue to increase....promoting the Olympia should be a job not just for the promoter, but for all athletes that are in it...the more exposure, the more money gets to the athletes pockets, it's that simple.

Right now, any participating athlete will get $4K for showing up and taking part in a video...better that the previos amount of $0...and also better than receiving 50 videos for you to sell on your own as compensation...4 months AFTER the Olympia..!

gettinhuge

• Getbig III
  • Comming Soon ME!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2007, 12:11:07 PM »
Thanks, bro...

Much like the webcasts...for some reason, there are still a few fools out there who think it costs us nothing to produce these.

To the gallery:

As for compensation...no one ever said the athletes would not be paid. That payment comes in the form of prize monies from participating in the Olympia, which we have increased, and will continue to increase....promoting the Olympia should be a job not just for the promoter, but for all athletes that are in it...the more exposure, the more money gets to the athletes pockets, it's that simple.

Right now, any participating athlete will get $4K for showing up and taking part in a video...better that the previos amount of $0...and also better than receiving 50 videos for you to sell on your own as compensation...4 months AFTER the Olympia..!

Well Bob I understand what it takes to get video to the internet and all but you did in ticker tape parade bost this thing as if you guys had it all in place and ready for July 9th. well july 9th has come and gone and those who look for failure will bring out your flaws....did you guys not run video test uploading issues with these state of the art equipment...I mean this is in some fashion brought on by yourself in promoting with out having all your T's crossed and I's dotted. But im sure when the bugs are worked out it will be primo. Just next time you get new equipment test it a bit before marketing starts running wild. Peace Big man,

Bodybuilding.com ROCKS

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2007, 12:12:43 PM »
Where is the clip!?! Looking forward to it.

Victor has been appearing in videos for MD, by the way, most recently in a 10-part series with Kai Greene, for which he and Kai did voiceovers with Palumbo. These are killer videos (and I'm not just saying that because I'm supposedly some sort of MD nut).

Agreed.. I am looking forward to the bb.com videos to the Olympia but the 10 part series over at MD with Kai and Victor was great!

Bodybuilding.com Webmaster

• Getbig II
  • The World's Most Visited Bodybuilding Site
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2007, 12:57:28 PM »
We are finishing it up here.  Will go online later today.

W
Most Popular BB Site Online!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2007, 05:15:07 PM »
YO CHICK WHEN YOU COMMIN TO THE ATL....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2007, 06:06:39 PM »
YO CHICK WHEN YOU COMMIN TO THE ATL....

Yo...you missed me...was just there shooting Toney Freeman!

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2007, 06:15:42 PM »
click 'yes' on the box bob and it will magically appear on the Internet  ;)

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2007, 06:25:50 PM »

How come you couldn't say it was directly adding to the prize money when I asked before?  Was this something that just happened?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2007, 06:42:26 PM »
Yo...you missed me...was just there shooting Toney Freeman!

damn thats gay.....thats my hommie. what gym were you at.  was his partner there. this black dude named JAY...he actually was moving people around at the olympia last year...him and rope.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2007, 06:51:15 PM »
Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2007, 07:04:55 PM »
damn thats gay.....thats my hommie. what gym were you at.  was his partner there. this black dude named JAY...he actually was moving people around at the olympia last year...him and rope.

Nope...he trained with his son, Niko.

Bodybuilding.com Webmaster

• Getbig II
  • The World's Most Visited Bodybuilding Site
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2007, 07:14:54 PM »
We are finishing it up here.  Will go online later today.

W

The first episode is online at:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/olympiaseries1.htm

(flv - 264mb (~40 mins) )

Just the beginning of another great series.  The Olympia video series is going to be very rad!

Lots of Olympia coverage at:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2007olympia.htm

Interviews, previews, Olympia blog, exclusive video shows and more.

WW
Most Popular BB Site Online!

Dr. Shock

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2007, 07:10:04 AM »
Bob, you look hella swole in that vid!!