Author Topic: 500lb DEADLIFT CHALLENGE!!! Official rules and entry *Prizes listed*  (Read 62968 times)

Ruggiera

• Getbig I
Re: 500lb DEADLIFT CHALLENGE!!! Official rules and entry *Prizes listed*
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2008, 11:39:30 PM »
Are you Mike from Westside?

Hello Mr. Mason! :)

Ruggiera

• Getbig I
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2008, 11:43:22 PM »
How is the bicep coming along Mike?

Jason

Hey Jason, thanks for asking. It's healing up pretty good. Just waiting for that 'twelve week' mark so I can can really start at it again. It's atrophied quite a bit and doesn't look nearly the same. I just can't wait to get back to training heavy.

How are you doing and how's your training been?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2008, 09:17:45 AM »
This should be great and i wish all you guys the best.

The most reps i've seen a guy do was 12 reps with 495 non-stop, if anyone beats that they are world class IMO.

Good luck guys, i wish my knee was good enough to try this but i couldn't pull 500 for a single right now.

8)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2008, 07:18:08 PM »
This should be great and i wish all you guys the best.

The most reps i've seen a guy do was 12 reps with 495 non-stop, if anyone beats that they are world class IMO.

Good luck guys, i wish my knee was good enough to try this but i couldn't pull 500 for a single right now.

8)

Well, I have heard rumors that 20+ reps is in the works. Talk about world class!

Perhaps you can catch the next contest?

I have a couple others in the works following this one.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2008, 08:09:40 PM »
any predictions on the number of reps?

I have a video of me stiffing 495 lbs for 10.  I don't know, maybe 12-13 if I am lucky.
w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2008, 08:11:06 PM »

Hello Mr. Mason! :)

Hello.  I was curious if that was you or not.  I remember you from the Westside videos.  You are one big and strong man.  You mentioned your health, I hope it is nothing serious?

Chris
w

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2008, 08:14:22 PM »
No problem man, just let me know, I would do it like this, 1st is straps, knee wraps and wrist wraps, 2nd is Lifting straps and wrist wraps and 3rd is wrist wraps,...just my thoughts. 

:o ;D
That's what I got from prowriststraps for prizes... aka the update.. he didn't like the idea of just a few smaller things.. so he wanted to give out cooler shit!

Ruggiera

• Getbig I
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2008, 11:33:12 PM »
Hello.  I was curious if that was you or not.  I remember you from the Westside videos.  You are one big and strong man.  You mentioned your health, I hope it is nothing serious?

Chris

Thanks Chris. Nothin' serious. I was refering to my bicep tear. I have a little ways to go before I can start tugging on it again. That and I have the worlds shittiest cold that I've been battling for the past two weeks.

Hope you're doing well.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2008, 04:43:14 AM »

Thanks Chris. Nothin' serious. I was refering to my bicep tear. I have a little ways to go before I can start tugging on it again. That and I have the worlds shittiest cold that I've been battling for the past two weeks.

Hope you're doing well.

Ahh, cool.  Well, best of luck with its recovery.  If you get a chance, PM me your mailing address and I will send you some ETS.  You might find it helps with the recovery of your biceps.  Nick Winters used it after a pec tear and he felt it sped his recovery and Kara Bohegian used it after her knee surgery to the same end. 

Chris
w

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2008, 08:05:28 AM »
Well, I have heard rumors that 20+ reps is in the works. Talk about world class!

Perhaps you can catch the next contest?

I have a couple others in the works following this one.

20+ reps would be insane! that's a strong number to pull.

if you have one next year i might be strong enough by then, i'm just now pulling 315 for sets of 15, so in a year i should be back to at least 495 for reps. the knee feels great but my surgeon doesn't want me getting crazy until summer 2008.

8)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2008, 09:21:53 AM »
Ahh, cool.  Well, best of luck with its recovery.  If you get a chance, PM me your mailing address and I will send you some ETS.  You might find it helps with the recovery of your biceps.  Nick Winters used it after a pec tear and he felt it sped his recovery and Kara Bohegian used it after her knee surgery to the same end. 

Chris
You gotta hook me up with some after I beat your 58 on the 225 lb deadlift!

;)
follow the arrows

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2008, 07:32:56 PM »

Hey Jason, thanks for asking. It's healing up pretty good. Just waiting for that 'twelve week' mark so I can can really start at it again. It's atrophied quite a bit and doesn't look nearly the same. I just can't wait to get back to training heavy.

How are you doing and how's your training been?

Mike good to hear you are healing up well.  I hear you on the atrophy...my right arm is 2 inches bigger than my left.  Training is going well, we just finished our circa-max phase, and I think Im going to be good for 900 plus at the ProAm.  Hopefully the DL will be around 7 or so, depends on how the elbow holds up!

Jason

Ruggiera

• Getbig I
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2008, 11:28:40 PM »

Chris

Thanks Chris, I appreciate it. I sent you a PM.

Ruggiera

• Getbig I
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2008, 11:32:50 PM »
Mike good to hear you are healing up well.  I hear you on the atrophy...my right arm is 2 inches bigger than my left.  Training is going well, we just finished our circa-max phase, and I think Im going to be good for 900 plus at the ProAm.  Hopefully the DL will be around 7 or so, depends on how the elbow holds up!

Jason

Hey, maybe I'll see you at the ProAm. If not, I wish you the best. What happened to your arm to cause a two inch difference? How's your bench coming along?

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2008, 08:24:37 AM »

Hey, maybe I'll see you at the ProAm. If not, I wish you the best. What happened to your arm to cause a two inch difference? How's your bench coming along?

I got owned by a terrorist about 2 and a half years ago.  I dont really have an elbow any more, so token benches are all I get.

Jason

Ruggiera

• Getbig I
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2008, 09:35:39 PM »
I got owned by a terrorist about 2 and a half years ago.  I dont really have an elbow any more, so token benches are all I get.

Jason

Sorry to hear that Jason. You got to tell me the story behind that.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »

Sorry to hear that Jason. You got to tell me the story behind that.

Thanks man...I actually just started a thread about it...its got a few graphic pcis on it though.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=193676.0

Jason

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2008, 10:01:37 PM »
Thanks man...I actually just started a thread about it...its got a few graphic pcis on it though.

Jason

Wow.  Your ulna was fucked up.  Does your elbow hyperextend on extension?   What did they use to reattach the triceps with the olecranon process (the point of the elbow) so screwed up?   You gotta love the internet tough guys questioning the rads when your name is right on them.   :D

You know, I also just want to take a second and say THANK YOU for serving our country.    I don't know you, I've never met you, maybe we will meet some day, but it doesn't really matter.  You've got my respect.  Thank you again.   

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2008, 10:10:23 PM »
Wow.  Your ulna was fucked up.  Does your elbow hyperextend on extension?   What did they use to reattach the triceps with the olecranon process (the point of the elbow) so screwed up?   You gotta love the internet tough guys questioning the rads when your name is right on them.   :D

You know, I also just want to take a second and say THANK YOU for serving our country.    I don't know you, I've never met you, maybe we will meet some day, but it doesn't really matter.  You've got my respect.  Thank you again.   

Ulna was trashed.  Actually, and Im not sure why I cant tell on the xray, all 3 bones had fractures.  The olecranon was reattached, then "died" and ended up being removed.  My tricep was advanced and attached lower on the ulna.  It doesnt hyperextend, but has a pretty weet vagus and valgus defecit.  Makes for some neat pics.  And thank you for he support.

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2008, 06:37:42 AM »

Jason

:o Never knew that happened to you, damn! Lucky that you made as much of a recovery as you did. Respect, bro!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2008, 04:15:40 PM »
500 lbs for one..no hitch..not pretty but i "ego" it up for one. I did it wrapped. I hit 405 for reps..went to 455 and then hit 500lbs for one. I'm still a long way from 500lbs for 10 or more in 3 minutes..if i can even do it.
L

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2008, 04:18:42 PM »
well right now you'd be in first place since no one has yet to take this on! HAHA!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »
well right now you'd be in first place since no one has yet to take this on! HAHA!
Well, who has said they are doing it so far?

The deadline is Feb 19 right?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »
Well, who has said they are doing it so far?

The deadline is Feb 19 right?

yeah and so far the competitor list is on the first page... if we're the only guys giving it a run, I'm going to make sure everyone gets a prize that enters if it's just a handful of guys.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2008, 08:05:57 AM »
My form was a questionable but it went up...it will interesting to see how many i can get over 3 minutes. At this rate 5-6 >:(..one every 30 seconds. It wasn't fun...I'm not even filming if somebody starts repping em out non-stop.
L