Author Topic: Intermittent Fasting - your opinions please  (Read 10494 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Re: Intermittent Fasting - your opinions please
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2017, 01:12:19 AM »
Soon we ll all be forced to fast once a year for a month. Its called Ramadan and our Muslims masters with force us to do it.

Simple Simon

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2017, 02:19:45 AM »
Soon we ll all be forced to fast once a year for a month. Its called Ramadan and our Muslims masters with force us to do it.
most Muslims sneak food during Ramadan, I wouldn't worry.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2017, 02:46:53 AM »
Anyone here done intermittent fasting?

Apparently glucose causes the common fat gut in males (and bodybuilders), and intermittent fasting reduces glucose.  

Yes I do. I lost 200 pounds and this is how I now maintain. I skip breakfast and eat my first meal at 11 am then dinner at 6 pm and that's it for the day no snacks period. I start every morning with a few cups of black coffee and switch over to green tea with plenty of water(over a gallon) also for the rest of the day. My diet is plant based with a lot of fish. Almost everything is organic and all the meats are grass fed/free range. I am 6-3 and easily maintain at 200 pounds with simple walking and calisthenics everyday. So first meal typical is steamed veggies about 14 oz, and huge salad 4-5 cups, with herring approx. 7 oz, and desert is an apple. Dinner will be similar: fish or other meat with random veggies and/or salad and desert is usually frozen berries. All my supplements are from Life Extension.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2017, 02:52:55 AM »
so your last meal is at 6, when do you go to bed midnight? thats 6 hours without anything

going to the movies? forget about eating anything

eating out with friends? forget about it

sounds more like a punishment than a life

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2017, 02:56:20 AM »
so your last meal is at 6, when do you go to bed midnight? thats 6 hours without anything

I go to bed at 8 am and rise at 4 am as I am a morning person. I will check news, meditate/pray and drink my coffee before exercise then off to work.  I do go out and eat, see friends and do what I like on occasion, however I do not look at food as entertainment. I used to and that what got me to 400 in the past. If I go out to a restaurant I will order like steak and asparagus or salmon and a salad etc.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2017, 02:59:01 AM »

First few days are kinda shitty but your body adapts to it.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2017, 03:02:03 AM »

Exactly.  Your body will "fat adapt", meaning it becomes really efficient at tapping into fat stores for energy not relying on cheap carbs for energy, so when you fast you do not get weak or lose focus. Sometimes I will add coconut oil and butter to my morning coffee. I do go through a crap load of cold pressed organic olive oil in my salads and on my veggies every day, so you could say i am doing Keto, however I do eat roots like Yuca and others my wife prepares as you should vary your carbs somewhat on a weekly basis.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2017, 03:03:20 AM »
I go to bed at 8 am and rise at 4 am as I am a morning person. I will check news, meditate/pray and drink my coffee before exercise then off to work.  I do go out and eat, see friends and do what I like on occasion, however I do not look at food as entertainment. I used to and that what got me to 400 in the past. If I go out to a restaurant I will order like steak and asparagus or salmon and a salad etc.

you're a senior citizen.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2017, 03:04:31 AM »

your body might but your mind and social life doesnt

of course i can go through life without a shitload of things.

but why would i want to ?

how is eating like a prisoner considered a good thing? of course the body can adapt

that is besides the point.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2017, 03:04:49 AM »
you're a senior citizen.

I am 47 actually

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2017, 03:07:03 AM »
Exactly.  Your body will "fat adapt", meaning it becomes really efficient at tapping into fat stores for energy not relying on cheap carbs for energy, so when you fast you do not get weak or lose focus. Sometimes I will add coconut oil and butter to my morning coffee. I do go through a crap load of cold pressed organic olive oil in my salads and on my veggies every day, so you could say i am doing Keto, however I do eat roots like Yuca and others my wife prepares as you should vary your carbs somewhat on a weekly basis.

I've noticed that I end up catching a "second wind" around an hour or so before the earliest of the eating window (I was eating between 11am and 7pm) where I don't feel hungry anymore and get a boost of energy.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2017, 03:07:45 AM »
your body might but your mind and social life doesnt

of course i can go through life without a shitload of things.

but why would i want to ?

how is eating like a prisoner considered a good thing? of course the body can adapt

that is besides the point.

Like most people I see at work and in this culture, you see food differently as I do. That's ok. Food to me is medicine not entertainment. Believe me my wife is an amazing cook and I have fantastic meals waiting for me at home after work, so I don't miss the restaurant meals which are in reality low grade fare that is not worth the money.

Like most people I see at work and in this culture, you see food differently as I do. That's ok. Food to me is medicine not entertainment. To each his own, it works for me. Believe me my wife is an amazing cook and I have fantastic meals waiting for me at home after work, so I don't miss the restaurant meals which are in reality low grade fare that is not worth the money.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2017, 03:08:30 AM »
I am 47 actually

but mimic the lifestyle of people in a retirement home.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2017, 03:09:21 AM »
but mimic the lifestyle of people in a retirement home.

I work about 60 hours a week so being disciplined helps me keep my schedule. This week, whatever hahaha.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2017, 03:10:45 AM »
"sorry guys, it's after 7 i cant eat now!"

"common dude, youre not in jail anymore you CAN eat now!"

"sorry, im in my mental jail! cant do it!"

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2017, 03:12:15 AM »
"sorry guys, it's after 7 i cant eat now!"

"common dude, youre not in jail anymore you CAN eat now!"

"sorry, im in my mental jail! cant do it!"

Well I did eat late last night, had a bag of mixed nuts actually!  ;D

Simple Simon

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2017, 03:18:38 AM »
I go to bed at 11pm, I get up at 5am, I totally ignore the news, its all doom and gloom bullshit, I don't pray as I am a rational person and know full well God doesn't exist.
I eat what I want when I want, I don't count calories or macros I just use the mirror

Im 52

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2017, 03:22:41 AM »
I go to bed at 11pm, I get up at 5am, I totally ignore the news, its all doom and gloom bullshit, I don't pray as I am a rational person and know full well God doesn't exist.
I eat what I want when I want, I don't count calories or macros I just use the mirror

Im 52

I get my news from many international sources as I agree US news is terrible. I would rather sleep at least 7 hours and get get a full nights rest as the body regenerates and heals itself when you sleep not up late watching the boob tube or dumb Hollywood movies. As for praying, to each his own.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2017, 03:28:45 AM »
wiseguy seems to be a good guy so im gonna try to direct my negativity in some other threads, and there's plenty  :D

carry on

Simple Simon

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2017, 03:29:49 AM »
wiseguy seems to be a good guy so im gonna try to direct my negativity in some other threads, and there's plenty  :D

carry on

he seems odd but nice, Im out as well  ;D

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2017, 01:28:20 PM »
Fasting is just convenient.  No need to cram a breakfast in before work or worry about packing/bringing a lunch.  A big satisfying meal at night so I can go to bed on a full stomach, and best of all it helps me stay slim w little effort.

The worst part of it is having to deal with morons who try to tell you that it's unhealthy or will lead to weight gain, etc.  Bitch, I weigh the same weight I did when I graduated high school and you're pushing 250+ lbs

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2017, 01:30:01 PM »
Yeah it is call back surgery.  :(
A

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2017, 01:31:00 PM »
if youre into bodybuilding and weigh the same as you did in highschool you are not doing it right

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2017, 01:34:27 PM »
if youre into bodybuilding and weigh the same as you did in highschool you are not doing it right

Im into the "health and fitness" lifestyle

yeah yeah I know, outed etc.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2017, 01:35:07 PM »
I'm going to El Polo Loco right now to continue my fasting. I'm sure I'll see other bodybuilders and powerlifters there... because fasting is the key to big muscles.
a