Author Topic: Your most bizarre workout..more stupid the better. This should be a sticky, Ron.  (Read 7727 times)

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
Back when I was around 15, I had read Arnold's Bodybuilding For Men. In it he talked about how he would do a high number of sets. So, I figured if I did more than he did I could get bigger. I was doing 100 plus of sets per body part. And that was a different body part per day. Sometimes it would take 4 hours or more the finish a workout. I kept this up for about a year and a half.

Rudee

• Getbig V
Several years back I experimented with super slow chin-ups on the assisted chin-up machine.  Each rep was 10 seconds (5 seconds positive, 5 seconds negative)  Was grueling as fuck for my back and my biceps.  But holy fuck, the strength I developed after just 6 weeks of doing these was incredible.  After doing the super slow chin-ups for a month and a half, regular chin-ups were a breeze.

Chidoman

• Getbig IV
  • Me Like'em All!! #Team Kwon All The Way!!
Back when I was around 15, I had read Arnold's Bodybuilding For Men. In it he talked about how he would do a high number of sets. So, I figured if I did more than he did I could get bigger. I was doing 100 plus of sets per body part. And that was a different body part per day. Sometimes it would take 4 hours or more the finish a workout. I kept this up for about a year and a half.

Did You make noticeable gains on that year and a half you did this?? ???

Core

• Getbig III
First time back doing squats coming back off a back injury I worked up to 315 for a single and ended up doing 185 for 25 reps . Laid on the floor like in the magazines for 10 minutes lol that was fun set though and I don't regret it. I stopped doing stupid squats after a while though.  Those feet together high bar squats with anything over 2 plates is just asking for trouble as a natural.

Later after delving inthe the peds I trained with light weights and tons of volume, didn't even coutn reps or sets just got the biggest pump possible and then left. If it took 20 minutes then so be it. I also cut rest times down to absolute minimum and the result was some decent fat loss and cardio from that, since I can't really run or do normal cardio due to my screwed up knee.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
I was starting at the new gym few years back, and after complete chest, triceps and biceps workout I found this machine, and it seem to be good idea to test it...

Well, it wasn't very good idea. In fact it was one of the worst ideas ever, because after few minutes it start to feel odd, and when I stopped, I could not move my hands because they were pumped to the max and beyond. I sit in the locker room quite some time but the pump went only harder and harder. In the shower I couldn't reach my hair to wash it, so jump in my clothes and hurried home. My wife have to feed me because my arms were useless, but I thought it would be better tomorrow. It was worse, because whole upper body was sore as hell from training and from that enormous pump. I couldn't go to work because I have no hands to work with, so I stay home for 3 days  ;D :'(

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Shot (3) cc's of Sustanon 250 into EACH calf. That's 1.5 grams of Sustanon in one serving! Three different locations on each calf. Then proceeded to do something like 20 sets x 25 reps with a reasonably light weight for calves. Later that day I could not walk and could barley stand up without assistance.  Ed Connors wanted me to go to the hospital but when I told him exactly what I had done he said, "...Jesus Tom what were you thinking. I guess you won't do that again..."

I did do it again.

True story.

LOL

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Slow rep jerking off while doing crunches.  Don't laugh.  You can do infinity crunches if you're close to cumming.  The trick is not to overstimulate.  You have to find the sweet spot.  It feels really good.

I guess that got kinda creepy.

Says Patrick Masterbateman

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Always though squatting ass to grass was the way to go, even heavy

now my left hip is screwed; even after 6 months of no squatting it still gets extremely inflamed if I do any weighted lower body movements; probably a torn labrum or something that needs to be addressed medically. but who has time for that.
a

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: Post your most bizarre workout from hell as a beginner or later on...
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2016, 09:20:14 AM »
No they ran tests and saw the thing, it was small but in there. THey said I shuld have had 20% decreased lung function but again, I felt fine. I'm on blood thinners for a few months, dodged a bullet for sure
May I ask your age ?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
Foolish?... maybe, but it was fun.  I weighed 180lbs and was natty.  I remember I had to take a few days off work because I could not walk, I could barely crawl.

Indeed it as fun. Competing with my friends.   8)

Simple Simon

I used to actually believe different exercises worked different parts of a muscle.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2016, 10:35:46 AM »
You cant overtrain, only under eat and under rest.

Ha ha!  "You don't grow while you're in the gym"...
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
I used to actually believe different exercises worked different parts of a muscle.

LOL.  Remember the Ironman R-O-M system (was it called that?)?  Sort of early to mid '90s...

One exercise for 'mid-range? (or somesuch)'
One for 'stretch'
One for 'peak contraction'

Or some such thing...  ::)
T

Dieter

• Getbig III
WHATEVER IT TAKES! 8HRS of ARMS, 16 Protein Shakes ROUTINE- Rich Piana

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
I once did  a squat-workout-from-hell.  During the session it already hurt like hell.

Next day quads but especially glutes hurt like crazy.
Never had more pain in the ass like that time.
Struggling getting out of my car/a chair.....will never do this again,,please.

You all know that some DOMS is nice, feels like you challenged the muscles (nothing wrong).

says Dr Dutch

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
My most bizarre workout? Actually working out.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
I did one of those add an inch to your arms in one day workouts fom flex magazine. 
S

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Ron barely comes on here.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Ron barely comes on here.
I think he is on here more then you think  ;) Give Ron a bit of credit. He isn't stupid.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
I think he is on here more then you think  ;) Give Ron a bit of credit. He isn't stupid.

He's stupid and racist.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
He's stupid and racist.
And how do come to that conclusion?

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2016, 04:05:10 PM »
Back in the day after watching dorian yates blood and guts video me and my workout buddy decided to copy dorian yates workout set for set because after all if you want to look like dorian you have to train like dorian right, well we end up severely overtrained with no gains.
lol, awesome!

jdooly

• Getbig III
When i was about 13, a few weeks after getting my first home bench, I bought my first Flex magazine (no homo) and later proceeded to follow a workout routine called "10 sets of 10" on flat bench.  I couldn't lift my arms over my head for several days, the pain was intense, I thought back later, wondering if I may have torn my pecs. 

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
I did the Cybergenics workouts to the letter and also diet.  From what I can recall, lots of carb depletion and workouts with no energy and emphasizing negatives and shit.

Was a total waste of time and money, except that it taught me the valuable life lesson: it's all scams.  I still believe that to this day.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
I was starting at the new gym few years back, and after complete chest, triceps and biceps workout I found this machine, and it seem to be good idea to test it...

Well, it wasn't very good idea. In fact it was one of the worst ideas ever, because after few minutes it start to feel odd, and when I stopped, I could not move my hands because they were pumped to the max and beyond. I sit in the locker room quite some time but the pump went only harder and harder. In the shower I couldn't reach my hair to wash it, so jump in my clothes and hurried home. My wife have to feed me because my arms were useless, but I thought it would be better tomorrow. It was worse, because whole upper body was sore as hell from training and from that enormous pump. I couldn't go to work because I have no hands to work with, so I stay home for 3 days  ;D :'(

1. ...and then you woke up
2. As authentic as Alex Jones diet plan.