Author Topic: Your most bizarre workout..more stupid the better. This should be a sticky, Ron.  (Read 7752 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Many years ago I was really inspired by Arnolds calf-story.  You know, with the cut off trousers and hours and hours of training them.

So on a free saturday, I did about 100 sets of standing calf raises to failure and beyond during the day. Plus extreme stretching.  That night they cramped up on me so badly I spent half the night stretching on the stairs.

I literally could not walk for a day or two, and remained sore for two weeks. Even wearing socks hurt.
I don't recall if I measured them before and after.

Please post your own workout-from-hell  :-X

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: Post your most bizarre workout from hell as a beginner or later on...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 10:22:22 AM »
Last time I tried training calves directly they got sore like that, and as a bonus I got a pulmonary embolism that went up my leg into my lung and hospitalized me for 3 days.

Calves of Wolf are my future, it seems..

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 10:48:49 AM »
Back in the day after watching dorian yates blood and guts video me and my workout buddy decided to copy dorian yates workout set for set because after all if you want to look like dorian you have to train like dorian right, well we end up severely overtrained with no gains.

pdc

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 10:54:23 AM »
Last time I tried training calves directly they got sore like that, and as a bonus I got a pulmonary embolism that went up my leg into my lung and hospitalized me for 3 days.

Calves of Wolf are my future, it seems..

is this for real? how did you do that

Simple Simon

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 11:09:35 AM »
Back in the day after watching dorian yates blood and guts video me and my workout buddy decided to copy dorian yates workout set for set because after all if you want to look like dorian you have to train like dorian right, well we end up severely overtrained with no gains.
You cant overtrain, only under eat and under rest.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 11:24:57 AM »
is this for real? how did you do that

Well a blood clot, then its a PE once it hits your lungs. I hit legs really hard that day and it must have triggered the blood clot to break loose i guess. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 11:55:55 AM »
Well a blood clot, then its a PE once it hits your lungs. I hit legs really hard that day and it must have triggered the blood clot to break loose i guess. 
        been there done that...i waited about 4-5 hours before going to the hospital i thought it was just a heart attack...
F

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 11:58:33 AM »
I didn't feel ill at all, had just worked out that day too. I actually went to the doctor because my right calf was so damn sore I thought I had cellulitis (had it before same spot)- then they run tests and bam

They were more alarmed that my creatine-k blood level was over 7000, most people are in low hundos.  Never found out what that was all about

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 12:00:14 PM »
This sounds a little bit unlikely, my friend....wasn't it a pneumothorax ?

Says Dr Dutch

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 12:02:49 PM »
No they ran tests and saw the thing, it was small but in there. THey said I shuld have had 20% decreased lung function but again, I felt fine. I'm on blood thinners for a few months, dodged a bullet for sure

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 12:40:34 PM »
At 15 I did Rich Gaspari's EXACT arm routine! It was about 20 sets for biceps and triceps!

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
Don't remember where I got it from, definitely from a Weider mag, but some 25 yrs ago I did 'the Arnold Arm Routine, .....ended up with a tennis elbow and zero gains.

Still hate Weider for that.
Don't hate Arnold of course, he's our Jesus/Mohammed/Buddha orvwhatever dude... ???

But hate Weider and his offspring.....duh !

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
At 15 I did Rich Gaspari's EXACT arm routine! It was about 20 sets for biceps and triceps!

did your biceps grow 2 inches in 2 weeks?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
Did anyone ever followed a natural routine from a muscle mag that actually delivered ??

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Many years ago I was really inspired by Arnolds calf-story.  You know, with the cut off trousers and hours and hours of training them.

So on a free saturday, I did about 100 sets of standing calf raises to failure and beyond during the day. Plus extreme stretching.  That night they cramped up on me so badly I spent half the night stretching on the stairs.

I literally could not walk for a day or two, and remained sore for two weeks. Even wearing socks hurt.
I don't recall if I measured them before and after.

Please post your own workout-from-hell  :-X

The problem with so much work for calves isn't that you will grow the calves or not, it's that if you ever rupture your Achilles at an age after say 35 years old, its all but over. Micro tears in the Achilles are for life. There are many ex marathon runners who now walk around limping...Check out the numbers Red Sox DH David Ortiz is putting up this year. One of his best seasons of all time. Yet he's retiring at the end of the year at age 40. Said he would love to play a couple more years but can't do it because of his feet/Achilles...The guy is basically giving up 25 million a year any team would have paid him to play another year because his feet are fucked. And fucked for life...

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
I think that's about one of the toughest things in sports.....knowing that you are very talented at a young age, but 'ordered' to be holding back for years really...takes a very good coach to keep a dude like this on line.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Around 1990 or thereabouts I read about Tom Platz and his legendary leg workouts, so I decided to try some high rep squats.  I warmed up well, then squatted 225 for 55 reps.  It was the most physically demanding thing I've ever done in my life.  The entire gym was watching and cheering me on.  That was the entire leg workout.  I was sore for about 10 days afterward.  My legs did grow from that.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
As a young teenager I did countless random reps and sets of bicep curls with a small adjustable dumbbell set my parent had just bought me, because I didn't really know what I was doing.

My biceps and especially bicep tendon was brutally sore and I couldn't straighten my arms for a week. I was walking around with my arms bent at 90 degrees like a robot.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
I saw a video of Ronnie Coleman leg pressing 2300lbs and tried to give it a shot.  It was like Jean Pierre Fux but on leg press.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
Around 1990 or thereabouts I read about Tom Platz and his legendary leg workouts, so I decided to try some high rep squats.  I warmed up well, then squatted 225 for 55 reps.  It was the most physically demanding thing I've ever done in my life.  The entire gym was watching and cheering me on.  That was the entire leg workout.  I was sore for about 10 days afterward.  My legs did grow from that.
I did that kinda stuff too....we were both fools.  ;D

OB1

• Getbig IV
  • "Happiness equals reality minus expectations."
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 03:09:16 PM »

You can if natural.
©

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 03:18:17 PM »
You can if natural.

Oh yes you can overtrain like a bat out of hell.....

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
I did that kinda stuff too....we were both fools.  ;D

Foolish?... maybe, but it was fun.  I weighed 180lbs and was natty.  I remember I had to take a few days off work because I could not walk, I could barely crawl.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 03:40:02 PM »

this may be true

I've been training my tris every 48 hrs and they are noticeably bigger

everything is actually bigger as I've gained a little over 5 kilo in 2 weeks but it seems my tris have grown the most which is exactly what I'm trying to do, i.e. spot gain mostly on my arms and pecs BABY

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Shot (3) cc's of Sustanon 250 into EACH calf. That's 1.5 grams of Sustanon in one serving! Three different locations on each calf. Then proceeded to do something like 20 sets x 25 reps with a reasonably light weight for calves. Later that day I could not walk and could barley stand up without assistance.  Ed Connors wanted me to go to the hospital but when I told him exactly what I had done he said, "...Jesus Tom what were you thinking. I guess you won't do that again..."

I did do it again.

True story.
a