Author Topic: Dangers of Statin Drugs  (Read 5116 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
Re: Dangers of Statin Drugs
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2024, 08:02:45 AM »
this is bullshit , not all sugar is the same , sugar in a apple is completely different than sugar in a can of pop, if i wake up in the morning and eat a apple it makes me feel incredible before i work out , if i wake up and drink a can a coke i will have a hard crash right off the bat

A Coke has 39 grams of sugar in it.  In the U.S. it is high fructose corn syrup sugar.

An apple has an average of 3 grams of sugar. 

The sugar is basically the same but it is also absorbed more slowly because of the fiber in the apple.

So, of course it could make you feel different.

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
  • Team Suckmymuscle Nunchuk Masters&Chicken Blasters
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2024, 08:09:07 AM »
A Coke has 39 grams of sugar in it.  In the U.S. it is high fructose corn syrup sugar.

An apple has an average of 3 grams of sugar. 

The sugar is basically the same but it is also absorbed more slowly because of the fiber in the apple.

So, of course it could make you feel different.

im glad you're willing to admit you are wrong   

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2024, 08:35:41 AM »
Here is a conversation that has never happened:

"Dude, you've really let yourself go".

"It's the blueberries man.  Fuckin' blueberries"
Y

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2024, 08:48:20 AM »

bingo

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2024, 11:33:21 AM »
im glad you're willing to admit you are wrong   

39 grams sugar in a Coke and 3 grams in an apple.

39 grams is about 10 tsp of sugar.

3 grams is just under 1 tsp.

Do you think eating 10 tsp of sugar might affect you differently than less than 1 tsp?

Same sugar.  Different amount.

Would 10 beers affect you differently than 1 beer?

Capisce?

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2024, 11:46:24 AM »
39 grams sugar in a Coke and 3 grams in an apple.

39 grams is about 10 tsp of sugar.

3 grams is just under 1 tsp.

Do you think eating 10 tsp of sugar might affect you differently than less than 1 tsp?

Same sugar.  Different amount.

Would 10 beers affect you differently than 1 beer?

Capisce?

i dont think all sugar is the same , there are lots of different kinds (Glucose.Fructose Sucrose,Lactose)and i think they affect people differantly some are worse than others , apple,banana, gaterade = im totally fine , can of coke or ice cream = diabetic coma

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2024, 12:05:14 PM »
i dont think all sugar is the same , there are lots of different kinds (Glucose.Fructose Sucrose,Lactose)and i think they affect people differantly some are worse than others , apple,banana, gaterade = im totally fine , can of coke or ice cream = diabetic coma

Sucrose as in a can of Coke or a Snickers is actually low on the glycemic index. You can go into a "diabetic coma" more easily with say a whey shake and a quick complex healthy carb. I'm sure many here have experienced hypo from say whey and cream of rice or whatever. The potentially unhealthy part of sucrose from a Coke (aka table sugar, which is 50% glucose and 50% fructose) is the fructose part. It sort of wreaks havoc in the liver and causes problems when used in excess.You say you are fine with Gatorade, here the table sugar is actually slowing things down. Sucrose is 65 on the GI whereas the glucose (dextrose) is 100. I never really crash from soda but whey and a quick carb, even if not sugar, has me sweating and shaking often. Anyone else notice this?

Another hypo inducer for me is kebab with rice, for some reason.  :D

I told my friend that he could get away with some candy on a prep too, I said if he chooses something glucose based it's no problem around workouts for example, just have to exercise strict portion control. He spoke with a certain pro and he was calling me about "what is this candy you can eat on a diet?!" Lol. He had been coached by Milos and I'm positive Milos told him the same many times. You could even drink some Coke and get ripped to shreds, reportedly Cutler did that a lot. Vince Taylor said he had to have his Coca Cola, no matter the season. "If it fits your macros" pretty much  :D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2024, 12:06:55 PM »

Yes, there are different sugars.

However, fruit sugar is fructose.

High fructose corn syrup is fructose.

The sugar in apples is fructose.

The sugar in Coke (USA) is high fructose corn syrup.

Some fruits are better to eat because they contain less sugar and the fiber in them slows down the absorption of the sugar.

Unless otherwise stated as being cane sugar, soft drinks and juices are fructose sugar.

No sugar is good for you to eat.  It is a treat like a dessert, and should be eaten sparingly.

Fructose is the worst sugar to eat.

No health professional would recommend you to eat sugar.

Check your food labels to see how many are made with high fructose corn syrup and seed oils.

The reason is because it is cheap to use.

It's interesting how people will argue about how good it is that they eat things that are unhealthy.

It's ok to eat junk occasionally but not often.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2024, 12:09:31 PM »

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2024, 12:24:32 PM »

There has been this panic about hogh fructose corn syrup, but scientifically it behaves almost identically with table sugar (sugar). Not that that is healthy either, but nor is it worse.

I don't necessarily feel the authorities have been out to poison the populace intentionally. Yes there are special interest groups pushing their wares, but it can also be that certain foods are politically motivated because in scarcity you may want to push what is cheap and easily available. Then we had the eggs thing, but it did sound logical that eggs would push cholesterol being so high in cholesterol right? Turned out not to be the case, but science evolves. At least here all docs have pushed the mediterranean diet for decades as being as close to ideal as possible, and it's high in fish, olive oil, vegetables... I really don't think the mediterranean diet was an attempt to poison people and make them sick, do you? Or maybe the fishing industry and olive oil industry and vegetable industry were pulling strings? I'm not sure but I bet the mediterranean diet is also something that is pushed in the US?

I think that billionare freak longevity chaser said 50% of his calories came from olive oil lol.

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2024, 01:34:39 PM »

I don't necessarily feel the authorities have been out to poison the populace intentionally.

yes they are , the clot shot is a bio experiment to merge man and machine , they are using the spike protein/silicone to make  our body's adaptable to metal

BEEFCAKE

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2024, 01:38:52 PM »
whey and a quick carb, even if not sugar, has me sweating and shaking often. Anyone else notice this?

i get that too , is it not from the artificial sweetener triggering ?

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2024, 02:31:41 PM »
Yes, there are different sugars.

However, fruit sugar is fructose.

The sugar in apples is fructose.

The sugar in Coke (USA) is high fructose corn syrup.

Some fruits are better to eat because they contain less sugar and the fiber in them slows down the absorption of the sugar.

Unless otherwise stated as being cane sugar, soft drinks and juices are fructose sugar.

No sugar is good for you to eat.  It is a treat like a dessert, and should be eaten sparingly.

Fructose is the worst sugar to eat.

No health professional would recommend you to eat sugar.

Check your food labels to see how many are made with high fructose corn syrup and seed oils.

The reason is because it is cheap to use.

It's interesting how people will argue about how good it is that they eat things that are unhealthy.

It's ok to eat junk occasionally rarely but not often.
Sugar is poison. I avoid it whenever possible.
T

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2024, 02:35:44 PM »
Sugar is poison. I avoid it whenever possible.

Hanky says sugar is a superfood and he is a bodybuilding champion.

;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2024, 03:43:37 PM »
Hanky says sugar is a superfood and he is a bodybuilding champion.

;D

Hanky-B has a superhero metabolism and adamantium skeleton like Wolverine.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2024, 05:39:59 PM »
Yeah, I read more since my post and am not going the niacin route.

Good call.

A terminal metabolite of niacin promotes vascular inflammation and contributes to cardiovascular disease risk

Published: February 19, 2024

MACE = major adverse cardiovascular events
CVD = cardiovascular disease

Serum levels of the terminal metabolites of excess niacin:
2PY = N1-methyl-2-pyridone-5-carboxamide
4PY = N1-methyl-4-pyridone-3-carboxamid

"Collectively, these results indicate that the terminal breakdown products of excess niacin, 2PY and 4PY, are both associated with residual CVD risk. They also suggest an inflammation-dependent mechanism underlying the clinical association between 4PY and MACE."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-023-02793-8

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2024, 06:56:31 PM »
On the subject of fruit just remember most modern fruits have been selectivity breed over thousands of years and part of that cultivating process was to make them unnaturally sweeter (higher sugar content)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2024, 06:59:31 PM »
You can eat fruit daily no problem if your diet is in check.  It will not give you diabetes.

If you are young and healthy and active, eating fruit daily may not be a problem.  The thing is that most people today are not young and healthy and active.  For the multitudes who suffer from insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver, eating fruit daily or eating it at all is a huge problem.

You'd be surprised.  See below.

i dont think all sugar is the same , there are lots of different kinds (Glucose.Fructose Sucrose,Lactose)and i think they affect people differantly some are worse than others

This is absolutely correct.  There are different types of sugar, and they affect people differently depending on a number of variables.

Fructose is by far the most harmful to most people because of how it's metabolized.  It doesn't matter if it comes from fruit, or honey, or corn syrup:

The Effect of 6-months Fruit-rich Diet on Liver Steatosis, Liver Enzymes, Insulin Resistance, and Lipid Profile in Patients With Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: a Randomized Clinical Trial

"After absorption, glucose is mainly metabolized by peripheral tissues, while fructose is transported directly to the liver. Due to the lack of feedback control, fructose is metabolized faster and enters the path of lipogenesis compared to the glucose [39]. Also, fructose induces lipogenesis more efficiently than glucose through upregulation of carbohydrate-responsive element-binding protein (ChREBP) and sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c (SREBP1c) signaling pathways in the hepatocytes [40]. In addition, fructose could intensify bacterial growth in the small intestine, which increases endotoxin levels in the portal vein and can lead to inflammation in the NASH [41].

Fakhoury-Sayegh et al. [18] Showed in a case-control study that a fruit-rich dietary pattern (more than 2-3 serving/day of fruits and >20 gr/day of fructose) was directly related to NAFLD. Earlier, Kobayashi et al. [30] reported that people with fatty liver were even more likely to eat fruits and sweets than people with diabetes. In addition, Xia et al. [31] found in a relatively large study (with a sample size of more than 27,000 people) that consuming oranges seven times a week was associated with an increased chance of fatty liver.

In the present study, 6 months of intervention with FRD exacerbated steatosis, dyslipidemia, and glycemic control of NAFLD patients. It seems that excessive fruit consumption (about 7 servings per day) makes worse the condition of patients with fatty liver. According to the findings of the study, fruits intake increases the fat content of the hepatocyte probably through lipogenic effect of fructose. To clarify the issue, more studies specifying a range for fruit intake (with minimum and maximum values) and considering the energy requirements are warranted."

https://assets.researchsquare.com/files/rs-996590/v1/2fdeeac3-9c4e-4d96-bae4-b2945cfc5782.pdf

Effects of Dietary Fructose Restriction on Liver Fat, De Novo Lipogenesis, and Insulin Kinetics in Children With Obesity

"Consumption of sugar is associated with obesity, type 2 diabetes mellitus, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, and cardiovascular disease. The conversion of fructose to fat in liver (de novo lipogenesis [DNL]) may be a modifiable pathogenetic pathway. We determined the effect of 9 days of isocaloric fructose restriction on DNL, liver fat, visceral fat (VAT), subcutaneous fat, and insulin kinetics in obese Latino and African American children with habitual high sugar consumption (fructose intake >50 g/d).

Short-term (9 days) isocaloric fructose restriction decreased liver fat, VAT, and DNL, and improved insulin kinetics in children with obesity. These findings support efforts to reduce sugar consumption."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28579536/

Hiding unhealthy heart outcomes in a low-fat diet trial

"The goal of the intervention diet was to replace especially saturated fat intake with an increased intake of carbohydrates from grains, fruits and vegetables.

The only significant finding in the original 2006 WHIRCDMT publication was that postmenopausal women with CHD randomised to a low-fat ‘heart-healthy’ diet in 1993 were at 26% greater risk of developing additional CHD events compared with women with CHD eating the control diet. A 2017 WHIRCDMT publication includes data for an additional 5 years of follow-up. It finds that CHD risk in this subgroup of postmenopausal women had increased further to 47%–61%."

https://openheart.bmj.com/content/8/2/e001680

The dose makes the poison, and for many people the smallest dose of fructose can be very harmful.

"The numbers above are the grams of digestible carbohydrates, or net carbs, per 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of fruit (net carbs = total carbs minus fiber)."

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/fruits

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2024, 12:31:30 AM »
this is bullshit , not all sugar is the same , sugar in a apple is completely different than sugar in a can of pop, if i wake up in the morning and eat a apple it makes me feel incredible before i work out , if i wake up and drink a can a coke i will have a hard crash right off the bat
Plus Coke doesn't have vitamins and fiber in it.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2024, 12:41:33 AM »

Try Spinach

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2024, 12:50:15 AM »

I don't think so, the sweetener thing has been shown to be wrong since many years. Whey is just so quick in the system that it triggers one hell of an insulin release all by its own. Some forget this about proteins.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2024, 04:38:47 AM »
I'm sure many here have experienced hypo from say whey and cream of rice or whatever. The potentially unhealthy part of sucrose from a Coke (aka table sugar, which is 50% glucose and 50% fructose) is the fructose part. It sort of wreaks havoc in the liver and causes problems when used in excess.You say you are fine with Gatorade, here the table sugar is actually slowing things down. Sucrose is 65 on the GI whereas the glucose (dextrose) is 100. I never really crash from soda but whey and a quick carb, even if not sugar, has me sweating and shaking often. Anyone else notice this?

I don't think so, the sweetener thing has been shown to be wrong since many years. Whey is just so quick in the system that it triggers one hell of an insulin release all by its own. Some forget this about proteins.

Correct!  It's the whey protein itself, and it's a good thing:

Whey protein: The “whey” forward for treatment of type 2 diabetes?

"Glucagon, secreted from the alpha cells of the pancreas, primarily acts on the liver to initiate glycogenolysis and gluconeogenesis, which then increases endogenous glucose production. Glucagon secretion is exaggerated in response to a meal in patients with type 2 diabetes[82], and ingested protein results in an increase in plasma glucagon levels[83]. It might therefore be expected that protein ingestion would increase blood glucose concentrations, but this is not necessarily the case.

Calbet et al[84] gave 6 healthy adults four tests meals containing glucose, cow’s milk solution, pea and whey peptide hydrolysates, and found that the glucagon response was linearly related to the increase in plasma amino acids. Despite this, plasma glucose levels after whey hydrolysates decreased by about 1.5 mmol/L from baseline to 180 min, most likely due to the effects of insulin, which is stimulated concurrently and is particularly effective at suppressing glycogenolysis."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4620107/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2024, 04:48:11 AM »
Plus Coke doesn't have vitamins and fiber in it.

Those vitamins and fiber from fruit aren't gonna help the many people suffering from fatty liver, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and coronary heart disease.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2024, 12:09:20 AM »
Those vitamins and fiber from fruit aren't gonna help the many people suffering from fatty liver, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and coronary heart disease.
Humans have been eating fruit for thousands of years. For many societies they were the primary food source. You guys need to quit believing these claims of extreme diet plans.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2024, 12:28:04 AM »
Correct!  It's the whey protein itself, and it's a good thing:

Which also means that some insulin spikes aren't even necessarily detrimental, even for a Type II diabetic. There are of course many who say you should avoid protein induced spikes too, and in fact a "true" ketogenic diet is just mostly fat and low carbs. A "bodybuilding keto" diet isn't really even ketogenic due to the massive gluconeogenesis from amino acids (aminos turn to glucose) That's why some have been able to eat a zero carb diet AND use insulin at the same time, due to proteins like whey in massive amounts.

I haven't delved into it that deep but some can have relatively poor insulin sensitivity on a ketogenic diet too. It's not that simple :D

Genetics are huge wrt insulin sensitivity/resistance. I read that for example a Nordic person may be able to gain 30lbs of pure fat and not go Type II diabetic whereas some indian in south America can gain 2lbs of fat and go diabetic.