Author Topic: Post Workout Formula???  (Read 15310 times)

jmt1

• Getbig IV
Re: Post Workout Formula???
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 05:43:31 AM »
what is wrong with cyto??

nothing is really wrong with cyto...

but if you are concerened about price it would be more cost effective to just buy some whey then add you own malto/dextrose, creatine, ect.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 06:57:10 AM »
nothing is really wrong with cyto...

but if you are concerened about price it would be more cost effective to just buy some whey then add you own malto/dextrose, creatine, ect.
Agree. It takes me but 30 secs to put mine together.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »
come on sqaud, there are a plethora of studies showing that a whey/carb shake post-workout most-definitely is beneficial. Having a solid post-workout meal is required, but a post-workout shake is just iciing on the cake.
i agree dude i just do it a little bit differently than you, instead of the whey shake i use some BCAA's and a tablespoon of creatine with some grape juice then i eat a solid meal 15 minutes later, in fact i take the solid meal with me in my truck.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 09:18:45 AM »
$5-7 bucks a day? that seems like such a waste of money. what's wrong with creatine monohydrate and some dextrose powder?
i'll admit i buy some overpriced stuff when it's 70-80% marked down and worth it to me, but i couldn't imagine spending 5 bucks a day on a postworkout shake......

That's not really spend on "postworkout" shake, per se As I said before, my post-workout shake is the third or fourth serving of the protein supplement I've been using all day.

In this case, it's whey protein powder (ON Classic Whey), replacing a weight-gainer. I've been using CELL-TECH for over two years; so that's not really a new thing. In the past, I would just take CELL-TECH and consume the whey about 20 minutes later.

The only addition to this routine is Anator-P70. And, for convenience's sake, I just mix all three together.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 02:52:07 PM »
So money aside, Cyto is top notch for lean gains?  Cutting or bulking?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 05:14:15 PM »

I don't know. I've never used the stuff.

My point was that whatever protein supplement you currently favor could be (and likely should be) used as a post-workout shake. Ten years ago, I took three 10-oz. (mixed with water) servings of Mega Mass 2000 per day, with the third serving of the day as my post-workout shake. When I switched to N-Large (later N-Large2), serving #3 of that brand became my potion, after hitting the weights.

Now, it's protein powder, mixed with CELL-TECH (and most recently, Anator P-70).

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2007, 06:21:01 PM »

you should go see this guy named jack. he's got these magic beans. i'm sure they're the answer to all your quick fix problems.  ::)
Go Big Red!!!

YorkTown

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2007, 06:51:58 PM »
my current post workout shake includes...

350 ml skim milk
pint of blueberries
fistfull of spinache
2 scoops of whey powder

how good or bad is that?

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2007, 08:14:29 PM »

350 ml skim milk
pint of blueberries
fistfull of spinache
2 scoops of whey powder

how good or bad is that?

Don't hijack Lugar's thread, he's on medication and can become very irritable.

And your shake sounds delicious and very calorie-tastic.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 09:45:26 PM »

350 ml skim milk
pint of blueberries
fistfull of spinache
2 scoops of whey powder

how good or bad is that?
Good!? It's like a retard was rummaging through the kitchen and threw stuff in a blender. Are you serious?

/well, the spinach, anyway

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2007, 04:24:10 AM »
I know it's a better product than Nlarge which has more fat and more sigar.......I just want to know what type of gains were made, and if they were clean?  Watery?  Should I just start with 2 scoops

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2007, 10:04:57 AM »
I know it's a better product than Nlarge which has more fat and more sigar.......I just want to know what type of gains were made, and if they were clean?  Watery?  Should I just start with 2 scoops

"clean" gains

"watery" gains

Where the fuck do you get these terms? 

I'll make it simple Lugar so you never ask this question again:  When you gain, you gain muscle and fat.  How much of each and in what proportion has very little to do with the 5 postworkout shakes you will be taking a week as opposed to the 10 hours spent in the gym and 30 meals you should be eating that week, that's what you should focus on.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2007, 10:25:15 AM »
Mike makes a good point. Muscle gain generally comes with some fat gain. The following is also almost always true: Fat loss generally includes some muscle loss.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2007, 12:24:34 PM »

^ i agree with that also...  lugar i dont really understand why you are so concerned about the possiblility of gaining a little bodyfat or holding too much water....i mean i could see if you were a few weeks out from a show but you have said you are trying to pack on some muscle.

as for the cyto, i think you have a good product...i dont remember the exact numbers but i think 2 scoops would give you around 25g or whey and 40g malto...you could start with 2 to get used to the product than work you way up to the recommended 4.

YorkTown

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2007, 06:08:25 AM »
lol, yeah I was serious.
I'm a bit bewlidered with all this nutrition stuff. That post workout shake is more of a meal replacement I suppose. It's all healthy ingredients so i figured I was doing ok.

I'm trying ot put together a good nutritional routine so that when I join a gym I can maximize myself. I'm just an ordinary joe who wants to be healthy and fit.

Good!? It's like a retard was rummaging through the kitchen and threw stuff in a blender. Are you serious?

/well, the spinach, anyway

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 06:42:52 AM »
When i say bloated and watery, I'm not saying that I am afraid to gain a little fat, but I'd  much rather it come from my 1-2 cheat days a week, than my pw formula where I could use dext and whey and/or quick oats and stay dry......see what I'm saying, i want to take it (bought 2 bottles, havent cracked the seal 0 it's been a week......) but I want it to be IDEAL!  If nothing else, pw nutrition is very important....

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2007, 06:52:31 AM »
lol, yeah I was serious.
I'm a bit bewlidered with all this nutrition stuff. That post workout shake is more of a meal replacement I suppose. It's all healthy ingredients so i figured I was doing ok.

I'm trying ot put together a good nutritional routine so that when I join a gym I can maximize myself. I'm just an ordinary joe who wants to be healthy and fit.
LOL. I was just fcuking with ya. What you need are quick-acting carbs and protein; some bcaa's and, maybe some glutamine if you feel that it works. What you don't want immediately after is stuff like spinach that takes a long time to process/breakdown. Leave that for a proper meal 45 mins/1 hr after your workout.

/sorry for the retard comment, you hoser.  ;)

G Diesel

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2007, 07:08:11 AM »
Make a blend with waxy maize, dextrose, whey, BCAAs and creatine. You could buy them bulk and figure out a flavor scheme that you like or get it made on a custome site.

Lately I've been drinking 4 scoops (1 1/3 serving) of Torrent postworkout. From a taste + value + formula perspective it is tough to beat, but obviously I'm biased. Peace, G

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2007, 06:45:39 AM »
When i say bloated and watery, I'm not saying that I am afraid to gain a little fat, but I'd  much rather it come from my 1-2 cheat days a week, than my pw formula where I could use dext and whey and/or quick oats and stay dry......see what I'm saying, i want to take it (bought 2 bottles, havent cracked the seal 0 it's been a week......) but I want it to be IDEAL!  If nothing else, pw nutrition is very important....

yes but you are not going to gain fat as a result of your pwo shake... your body needs those simple carbs after training not oats... unwanted fat gains may come as a result of how the rest of your diet looks ...  just use the cyto or your own whey, dextrose/malto ... like u just said, pwo nutrition is very important.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2007, 10:28:06 AM »
why did u nix cyto??

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2007, 10:59:02 AM »
why did u nix cyto??

well i was using it because im friends with the owner of one of the gyms i go to and he gave it to me to try out.

i did like it and think its a good pwo shake.

like i said earlier its just more cost effective to purchase the whey from a place like protein factory then mix in your own malto,dextrose,ect.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
Does this Post workout Shake sound ok?
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2007, 11:43:55 PM »
Hey guys. This is the shake I've been blending post workout, just wondering if it is covering all my bases or not. Any feedback would be great :).

1 cup milk
1 scoop fast absorbing Protein Powder ( i have a few i choose from)
5g of glutamine
1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil
1 banana
1 multivitamin tablet

I normally have it about 15-20min after my workout then about an hour or so after that i have some tuna or chicken breast. Any suggestions etc?

Cheers in advance :)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Does this Post workout Shake sound ok?
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2007, 11:57:00 PM »
multivit is not necessary, also lose the flaxseed. You need carbs.

PWO, you only need fast carbs, and a lot of it and fast protein. Whey + glutamine is good.

then have a full meal an hour after that, you can have the flaxseed besides that.

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2007, 12:07:29 AM »
Thanks Donkey, so is the Banana not enough? I can throw in a couple of home made Protein cookies that i make with the shake to up the carbs! I will have the Flaxseed and Multi later on then. Thanks again mate :).

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2007, 12:29:12 AM »
Thanks Donkey, so is the Banana not enough? I can throw in a couple of home made Protein cookies that i make with the shake to up the carbs! I will have the Flaxseed and Multi later on then. Thanks again mate :).

banana only has fructose sugar, that will not cause an insulin spike. switch to dextrose or maltose.