Author Topic: anyone hook me up with a job in Los Angeles?  (Read 10158 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: anyone hook me up with a job in Los Angeles?
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 05:17:07 PM »
I know someone that could use that job and would love doing it too! 8)
the LOLZ are good on that one.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 05:26:44 PM »
Flint did you go to college?

nope.  

As for why I didn't feel the need to go my parents always had cash....my dad wrote me a check for 2 grand on the 1st of every month for two years and would sometimes give me more.  About a year ago I started (was) dating some chick who was 23 independent and making 100k a year....I felt pathetic with no $ to my name  and couldn't even look at myself in the mirror anymore, so I just stopped asking them for money... got a job and worked for just over  minimum wage for the past year. I drive a piece of shit and live in the projects. It sucks but I feel better about myself and your pride is most important. He tried to give me his mustang too, I just couldn't take it from the guy. Not right to mooch off others because of the mistakes you made in your life.
l

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 05:49:08 PM »
nope.  

As for why I didn't feel the need to go my parents always had cash....my dad wrote me a check for 2 grand on the 1st of every month for two years and would sometimes give me more.  About a year ago I started (was) dating some chick who was 23 independent and making 100k a year....I felt pathetic with no $ to my name  and couldn't even look at myself in the mirror anymore, so I just stopped asking them for money... got a job and worked for just over  minimum wage for the past year. I drive a piece of shit and live in the projects. It sucks but I feel better about myself and your pride is most important. He tried to give me his mustang too, I just couldn't take it from the guy. Not right to mooch off others because of the mistakes you made in your life.

Mature post.

You still have plenty of time to pick a career that interests you and go for it, you know.  Take any job that makes you money, since it's easier to get your next job when you have one.  Make what you can in the interim, but create a plan and go4it (no homo).   All kidding aside, actually, go4it's line of work might suit you.
Y

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 06:14:38 PM »
nope.  

this is good side of you showing flinstones didnt think u had it in you. youll keep improving the neighborhood you live in. walk around pick up trash for free be a good sumeritan always be happy and talk to yourself in uplifting ways when picking up trash say "AAaaaaalll riiiiiiight" "oh yeah oh yeah" "uh oh uh oh" "look i found a dollar " just funny positive stuff.
A

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 06:18:40 PM »
CHOLO is right on!  But here's my recommendation anyway...

It seems that your family will still support you financially and you might accept that support for a brief period of time.

I've lived all over and still consider So Cal to be the best of all places to live and enjoy yourself while doing so,

But it is crowded and it is expensive  ... but there's a lot of money to be made.

I have no idea what you look like but I know a lot of people who only look half way decent who make good money in the movie making business once they got their foot in the door.

Some got that 'foot in the foor' by meeting the right people within the industry.

Others got that 'foot in the door' because they were able to offer the movie industry something that industry needed.

A couple of others got inside because they impressed an agent whose foot was already in the room.

It's not an easy task, but it is an opportunity  if you are qualified in some respect and have the financial support of people such of your parents and other  reliable family folk.

Just don't take my advice and move to SO Cal without the funds that enable you  to continue liviing a respectful lifestyle.

And you have to realize that "Many have tried but few are chosen!" ,, but those 'few' never regret the decision to give it a try.

Or something like  that.

nosbp2

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 06:25:32 PM »
this is good side of you showing flinstones didnt think u had it in you. youll keep improving the neighborhood you live in. walk around pick up trash for free be a good sumeritan always be happy and talk to yourself in uplifting ways when picking up trash say "AAaaaaalll riiiiiiight" "oh yeah oh yeah" "uh oh uh oh" "look i found a dollar " just funny positive stuff.

lol

lightweightbaby83,

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2014, 06:46:16 PM »
Move back in with your dad, live off him and use it as a springboard to go back to school. Get out with no debt and then move to LA and do what you want.

Before that happens look in the mirror and ask yourself how the fuck does a jew not have connections in LA ???

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 12:57:08 AM »
What the hell you doing with 3 carss??

my daily driver, my ex's car, and my toy/weekend car.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 12:58:22 AM »
nope.  

if only your parents would pay for your counseling.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 12:59:29 AM »
Move back in with your dad, live off him and use it as a springboard to go back to school. Get out with no debt

This.

You're not mooching if you're trying to better yourself for the future.

Really there is nothing wrong with using your parents. Thats what they are for.

All this "18 and you're out" is retarded and totally not applicable to the current times.
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 01:02:38 AM »
Dude, why don't you get your training certs and start your own personal training business?

Then on the weekends you could bounce. Plenty of clubs in and around LA.

A

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 01:15:32 AM »
Dude, why don't you get your training certs and start your own personal training business?

Then on the weekends you could bounce. Plenty of clubs in and around LA.

i'll answer this...

he'll fail as a trainer because of his lack of social skills. well, that, and a complete lack of business-sense. ideally, his best bet would be to get hired at a 24hr fitness. but even then, his personality-defects would make for a poor interview. if he's lucky, he'll get hired as front desk for the night shift, 10pm-6am.

and, most if not all clubs/bars require bouncers and doormen to have guard-cards.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 01:19:23 AM »
nope.  

That's a healthy attitude .. you will feel better learning to be independent.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 01:20:32 AM »
Move back in with your dad, live off him and use it as a springboard to go back to school. Get out with no debt and then move to LA and do what you want.

Before that happens look in the mirror and ask yourself how the fuck does a jew not have connections in LA ???

Hilarious BBC (English) doco-TV Show: "Young,dumb & living off mum"   ;D

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2014, 01:25:03 AM »
i'll answer this...

he'll fail as a trainer because of his lack of social skills. well, that, and a complete lack of business-sense. ideally, his best bet would be to get hired at a 24hr fitness. but even then, his personality-defects would make for a poor interview. if he's lucky, he'll get hired as front desk for the night shift, 10pm-6am.

and, most if not all clubs/bars require bouncers and doormen to have guard-cards.

I don't think Flin is a social recluse or anything so it shouldn't be too hard. Ive seen some horrible trainers at 24 hour... both socially and physically. Ive seen them "train" clients without an ounce of care in their eyes.

As for the the guard card he could easily get one if he doesn't have a record.
A

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2014, 01:25:49 AM »
jobs any fool can do

*shoe shiner

google that shit fool

No this trade any more in Australia (?), 99.9% Abos in Northern Territory walk around barefooted  ;D

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2014, 01:26:23 AM »
That's a healthy attitude .. you will feel better learning to be independent.

Try being independent in LA.

Totally different beast than Romania.

A

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2014, 01:31:58 AM »
Try being independent in LA.

Totally different beast than Romania.

I lived 10 years as a US resident quite independent. No mommy and daddy to support me. You are preaching to the wrong guy kiddo  ;)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2014, 01:34:47 AM »
I lived 10 years as a US resident quite independent. No mommy and daddy to support me. You are preaching to the wrong guy kiddo  ;)

Not in LA and not in this economy.

A

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2014, 01:36:23 AM »
Not in LA and not in this economy.
I could fly to LA tomorrow and get several job offers within the first week in 3-4 different fields. I am not you nor him  ;)

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2014, 01:36:41 AM »
How much do personal trainers makkea in LA average?
$

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2014, 01:37:04 AM »
I could fly to LA tomorrow and get several job offers within the first week in 3-4 different fields. I am not you nor him  ;)

You ran back to Romania for a good reason.  ;)

Couldn't handle the heat.  8)
A

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2014, 01:37:36 AM »
What level jobs?
Analyst positions?
$

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2014, 01:38:19 AM »
What level jobs?
Analyst positions?

Unemployed scifi author.
A

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2014, 01:41:53 AM »
You ran back to Romania for a good reason.  ;)

Couldn't handle the heat.  8)
I actually went to Romania for vacation in 2005 and decided I will stay there. Try a different personality