Author Topic: Patriots Steal Signals ( merged mega thread)  (Read 31272 times)

body88

Re: Report: Patriots Bring Spies to Meadowlands; Steal Signals From Jets
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2007, 08:53:59 AM »
I may be wrong, but didn't SM serve his suspension?

And didn't RH of the Pats just admit to using HGH as well? 

If the guys on the field crack a team's audible code or hand signals, that's FINE. 

What the Patriots guy did went well beyond that.

If you look at some of the first posts I made I talked about Rodney cheating with the hgh. My point was by your logic the chargers should never get credit for anything they have done or will do since one of there players failed a drug test for steriods. We can all asume all the pro bowl players and the 14 -2 record was due to  steriods right? The staff had to know about it right? Instead of looking at things as a isolated incident, lets discredit an entire franchise's accomplishment over attempting to steal some signs. The pats had a totally different coaching staff during there sb run. Belichik has been in the leauge for like 30 plus years.

Further more what the pats did is not totally clear yet. The violation of leauge rules is what they are being accused of. Having the camera on the field and taping signs is the problem. While strealing sings is not illegal, having a cam on the field is. The tape was confiscated at halftime. There where no second half adjustments due to a tape. The jets claimed they knew about "the guy" the whole game. You think the threw the game then? Since they kicked him out at half time. Obv if they knew about him they used dummy signals.

On friday we will know what the actual violation is.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2007, 09:00:56 AM »
There's been stories like this for years.
Back when Parcells coached the Giants he would have the Giants front office rent out the whole side of a hotel that faced their practice field.he thought other teams would be watching.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2007, 09:04:37 AM »
Why do coaches cover their mouths when calling in plays ;)

body88

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2007, 09:19:42 AM »
Why do coaches cover their mouths when calling in plays ;)

Bad breath. Wonder why the jets brought in Reche Caldwell for a visit the week before the game. They need new recievers? Maybe trying to get an edge!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2007, 09:28:21 AM »
Honestly i'm so pissed over this..everybody at work is giving me shit. I have vanity plates that say NEPATS1..i feel like its should read "we cheat"...this whole thing sucks. They're saying 3rd and 5th rd draft picks over 2 season....fair enough to me. Maybe a million dollar fine....if Kraft can  use his influence, i'd want to be that Goodell makes his rulling quickly, fairly and we can move on. The less distraction the better before the Bolts game. Body what's the radio saying up there.
L

body88

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2007, 09:41:40 AM »
Honestly i'm so pissed over this..everybody at work is giving me shit. I have vanity plates that say NEPATS1..i feel like its should read "we cheat"...this whole thing sucks. They're saying 3rd and 5th rd draft picks over 2 season....fair enough to me. Maybe a million dollar fine....if Kraft can  use his influence, i'd want to be that Goodell makes his rulling quickly, fairly and we can move on. The less distraction the better before the Bolts game. Body what's the radio saying up there.

There saying a lot of things that are not going to be true. The leauge flat out said they didnt confirm the patriots "cheated". I posted the article earlier. People yelling cheat and all that are just trying to get a rise. Most dont even know the actual facts of the story. The pats are being made the example of a leauge wide issue. The got caught so they have to pay the piper. This is being blown wayyyyyyy out of proportion.

The jets confiscated that tape before the end of halftime. They reported they new about the guy all game. Fact is the pats prob tried to expolit a tactic that no one enforced. They screwed up.

The broncos had to give up[ a few third round picks for messing with the cap over and over. Something alone those lines prob.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2007, 10:26:17 AM »
hahahaha, once a cheater, always a cheater apparently. These Pats and their fans will do anything just to lose another AFC title game. Unreal.

body88

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2007, 10:45:41 AM »
hahahaha, once a cheater, always a cheater apparently. These Pats and their fans will do anything just to lose another AFC title game. Unreal.

How do you explain former star Tiki Barber calling out the gmen for the same behavior? Or are you still rooting for your flavor of the month? A self admitted bandwagon rider! The things the ct wagoneers will do to be a part of a winner. Go Giants I mean cowboys I mean chargers!!!

Hey you always have the ct suns proffesional female basketball team to root for!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2007, 10:55:15 AM »

Hey you always have the ct suns proffesional female basketball team to root for!
[/quote]

Only lezbo's follow womans hoops. ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2007, 10:57:49 AM »
There saying a lot of things that are not going to be true. The leauge flat out said they didnt confirm the patriots "cheated". I posted the article earlier. People yelling cheat and all that are just trying to get a rise. Most dont even know the actual facts of the story. The pats are being made the example of a leauge wide issue. The got caught so they have to pay the piper. This is being blown wayyyyyyy out of proportion.

The jets confiscated that tape before the end of halftime. They reported they new about the guy all game. Fact is the pats prob tried to expolit a tactic that no one enforced. They screwed up.

The broncos had to give up[ a few third round picks for messing with the cap over and over. Something alone those lines prob.

They may have not used the word "cheated" but the NFL said the video evidence is enough to verify the accusation. The NFL is going to hand down a punishment after the Patriots speak on their own behalf by Friday.

Why would a punishment be handed down by the NFL if you're claiming there's only been speculation of cheating? Goddell made his own determination after watching the video evidence himself. You're going to lose some draft picks in the future. That to me implies that the NFL believes that the Patriots were conducting actions that parallel cheating.

They did cheat. Goodell is handing down a punishment. Why would he if the Patriots didn't cheat?

body88

« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2007, 11:05:45 AM »
They may have not used the word "cheated" but the NFL said the video evidence is enough to verify the accusation. The NFL is going to hand down a punishment after the Patriots speak on their own behalf by Friday.

Why would a punishment be handed down by the NFL if you're claiming there's only been speculation of cheating? Goddell made his own determination after watching the video evidence himself. You're going to lose some draft picks in the future. That to me implies that the NFL believes that the Patriots were conducting actions that parallel cheating.

They did cheat. Goodell is handing down a punishment. Why would he if the Patriots didn't cheat?

Thats not true. The official statement has them violating league policy. Which is using video equipment on the field. The punishment would be handed down for violating the rule. Thats why the nfl came right out and said they never confirmed the pats cheated. If the cam was confiscated before the pats used it, how did they cheat?

Until Friday we dont know for sure what happened. I am not trying to say what the pats did was ok. but this is being blown way wayyy wayyyyyyyyy out of proportion.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2007, 11:06:38 AM »
Can't wait to see what they try to do for the Chargers. I'm suspecting a drive by as LT goes to get in his car on gameday.  ::)

body88

« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2007, 11:08:20 AM »
Can't wait to see what they try to do for the Chargers. I'm suspecting a drive by as LT goes to get in his car on gameday.  ::)

Not true. Lt dont drive no car. He rides on white clouds held up by angels. With you swinging from his bag of course.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2007, 11:14:53 AM »

Not true. Lt dont drive no car. He rides on white clouds held up by angels. With you swinging from his bag of course.

The most patient mod on the whole site. Dare I say the best mod?  ;D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2007, 11:16:30 AM »
Thats not true. The official statement has them violating league policy. Which is using video equipment on the field. If the came was confiscated before the pats used it how did they cheat?

Until Friday we dont know for sure what happened.

Okay. But doesn't "violating league policy" warrant punishments most of the time by the NFL? (i,e a failed drug test.)

What other accusations against the Pats are on the table other than suspicion of cheating? The team is being accused of using a camera in a way that constitutes obvious cheating. Goodell has the seen the evidence. A punishment is being handed down based on what Goodell has interepreted as obvious cheating.

The Pats did something. If it's not cheating then what else could it be that could warrant a punishment severe enough to have future draft picks taken away from the team?

Spin it anyway you like, my friend. Just because the word "cheating" wasn't used in Goodell's statement, doesn't mean that the Pats are not being accused of it.

body88

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2007, 11:16:41 AM »
The most patient mod on the whole site. Dare I say the best mod?  ;D

Have you ever seen this character? I think it is hilarious how he hurls insults about sports team I like thinking I take it personal. So funny!

Thank for the compliment by the way.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2007, 11:20:39 AM »
Here's the latest article:

Sources: Goodell determines Pats broke rules by taping Jets' signals
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: September 12, 2007, 11:10 AM ET
Comment
 Email
 Print
 NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, according to league sources.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said on Tuesday that no official decision has been made and that the club has not been notified.

How it came to light?
NEW YORK -- A story in Wednesday's New York Daily News claims that Jets coach Eric Mangini, a former New England assistant under Bill Belichick, came armed with keen knowledge of the team's surveillance methods -- and finally decided to act.

"[The Jets] knew they did it," the Daily News wrote, citing a person with knowledge of the situation, who sent the newspaper an e-mail. "They caught the guy a year ago, but couldn't do anything about it. When Eric came, he said that's what they used to do. Bill is going to be [ticked] at Eric. He kissed and told."

Sunday's game was the fifth time Mangini has coached against Belichick since joining the Jets.

-- ESPN.com news services

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday, but that date is not set in stone.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft was asked Tuesday when he expected a verdict, but said those questions had to be directed toward Goodell.

"There is an investigation going on now, and perhaps an adjudication of it, and I think it would be inappropriate at this time to make any comment," Kraft told reporters at a charity appearance Tuesday. "When you're successful in anything, a lot of people like to try to take you down and do different things. We understand that.

"We worked very hard to try to put an organization together that we all could be proud of in New England, and we're very proud of the New England Patriots organization and the record that they've established over the last 13 seasons and one game."

NONE of this confirms that Goodell thinks the Pats cheated in anyway?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »

Didn't know my was spelled "Body88". Tell me, does Tom prefer a blowjob or prostate exam before games from you?

body88

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2007, 11:24:06 AM »
Okay. But doesn't "violating league policy" warrant punishments most of the time by the NFL? (i,e a failed drug test.)

What other accusations against the Pats are on the table other than suspicion of cheating? The team is being accused of using a camera in a way that constitutes obvious cheating. Goodell has the seen the evidence. A punishment is being handed down based on what Goodell has interepreted as obvious cheating.

The Pats did something. If it's not cheating then what else could it be that could warrant a punishment severe enough to have future draft picks taken away from the team?

Spin it anyway you like, my friend. Just because the word "cheating" wasn't used in Goodell's statement, doesn't mean that the Pats are not being accused of it.

I'm not saying what they did does not warrent punishment. I am also not saying what they did was not crossing the line. My problem comes from the hypocritical nature of how this is being handled. And the yahoos trying to tear down and entire franchise over attempting to gaff some signs.

Take some draft picks or fine em. This whole calling for Belis head, or forfeiting a game talk is plain old dumb. The pats didn't use those "tapes" they where confiscated by jets staff who knew about "the guy"

I just find it stupid Mangini can tamper with pats players and not get called on it at all. Polotics are a mutha.

body88

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2007, 11:27:08 AM »
Here's the latest article:

Sources: Goodell determines Pats broke rules by taping Jets' signals
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: September 12, 2007, 11:10 AM ET
Comment
 Email
 Print
 NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, according to league sources.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

NONE of this confirms that Goodell thinks the Pats cheated in anyway?

I dont know what Roger thinks. I am waiting until Friday ( ike I said) to hear what they say. All we know at this point is that the pats violated leauge policy.Which is having a cam on the sidelines taping. The nfl said flat out they didnt conform the pats cheated at anything. I am not stupid. I know what the cam was for. But if they didnt use the tape they cant say they cheated. Listen, I am dissapointed by this. I am not trying to sping anything. If the pats get bagged for this then they should pay the piper. Its amazing how a writer can make an opinion and people run wild with it as fact. Now I know what yiou mean about the Lewis "murderer" thing.

I want to wait until the pats have a chance to present there case before writing them off. Maybe its just cuz I am a life long patriots fan. I dunno.

I dont understand how mangini can tamper with Asante and bBanch, and the phins can buy tapes with audio on them and no one cares? Yett he pats pull a dumb stunt and its like the worst offense in history.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »
Uh oh.  Why is he apologizing?  Sounds like he thought what they were doing wasn't a technical violation of the rules. 

Belichick issues apology, says he's spoken with Goodell
ESPN.com news services

Updated: September 12, 2007, 1:02 PM ET

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick apologized to his team on Wednesday and confirmed that he has spoken to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about his "interpretation" of league rules that ban videotaping of the opposing sideline.

It was not clear what Belichick was apologizing for, and the coach repeatedly refused to elaborate on a one-paragraph statement issued 10 minutes before a regularly scheduled news conference to discuss Sunday night's game against the San Diego Chargers.

"At this point, we have not been notified of the league's ruling," Belichick said in a statement. "Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players. Following the league's decision, I will have further comment."

Belichick refused to elaborate on the statement several times during a news conference. After about 15 minutes discussing Sunday's game, he was pressed harder on his "interpretation of the rules," and the coach walked out of the room.

His statement follows ESPN's Chris Mortensen's report that the NFL is considering punishing the Patriots for spying.

Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, league sources told Mortensen.

In August, ESPN.com ran a comprehensive package on cheating in sports. Jeffri Chadiha wrote the NFL portion of the package. Among the ways NFL coaches try to gain an advantage was trying to descramble signals sent from coach to player:

"When Marty Schottenheimer coached the Cleveland Browns in the late 1980s, he routinely sent a scout to watch the signals opposing teams used to relay messages from coaches to players. When the scout returned, Schottenheimer's staff would watch the game film and match the signals to the plays that followed.

"[Herm] Edwards said the same is true today. It's common for coaches to watch standard game tapes (which include shots from the press box and end zone angles), sideline tapes (which usually wind up on highlight shows and include footage of players and coaches talking on the sidelines) and even the television shows of opposing coaches for tips."

A league spokesman, however, said only that an investigation is under way. Both teams said no decision has been made.

The statement was issued 10 minutes before the standard Wednesday media availability at which Belichick, like all NFL coaches, discusses Sunday's game. But few in the media workroom had come to hear about the San Diego Chargers. Belichick begged for a football question.

"Any questions about the Chargers?" he pleaded in his standard other-things-to-do monotone. "Want to talk about the football game? If not, I think that statement pretty much covers it."

It appeared that he might find no takers, before one reporter asked about defending against Chargers running back LaDanian Tomlinson.

The coach smiled.

"Whatever happens out there Sunday night, out there on the field, that's where everybody will make their statement," he said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3015478

body88

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2007, 11:36:16 AM »
Prob because he is going to get fined and lose draft picks. Obv they broke the rules.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2007, 11:36:27 AM »
I hope the Pats lose a 1st round pick for this.

Belichick was very stupid for authorizing the video taping of a former associate's signal calling.  Very uncharacteristic...

I can't believe he was that dumb.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2007, 11:37:27 AM »
win if u can
lose if u must
but always cheat  ;D

Did coach genius cheat on his wife as well?

RIP Bob Probert

body88

« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2007, 11:39:13 AM »
I hope the Pats lose a 1st round pick for this.

Belichick was very stupid for authorizing the video taping of a former associate's signal calling.  Very uncharacteristic...

I can't believe he was that dumb.

They wont.