Author Topic: Jason Genova quits Show= PJ Braun diet, supplement, workout Fail  (Read 45601 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Jason Genova quits Show= PJ Braun diet, supplement, workout Fail
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2013, 04:12:59 PM »
Goodrum getting offended at being compared to genova. Lol oh brother  ::)
Genova beats Goodrum in the most muscular.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2013, 04:15:53 PM »
We aren't talking about a guy who's new to training and has no size. 3-4 months of lower protein and calories wouldn't kill his physique. What it might do is enable him to actually follow a diet.

::) He has 7 weeks till the competition and he's way behind schedule.

Recommending 3-4 tv dinners is just plain retarded at this point.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2013, 04:20:11 PM »
::) He has 7 weeks till the competition and he's way behind schedule.

Recommending 3-4 tv dinners is just plain retarded at this point.
::)

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2013, 04:23:10 PM »
You suggest 3-4 microwave dinners to get ready for a competition while being overweight and way behind schedule?  ::)

I suggest you actually check the nutritional labels of most of those dinners. The most common ones range from 15-25 grams of protein. Way too low for the task.

Adam/True Adonis.... Those microwave meals won't cut it? If they say 15-30 grams protein they really mean 12 grams? You know that?

Not to mention they are FILLED with nitrates and sodium??

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2013, 04:24:52 PM »
Adam/True Adonis.... Those microwave meals won't cut it? If they say 15-30 grams protein they really mean 12 grams? You know that?

Totally irrelevant for body composition.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2013, 04:40:29 PM »
As a natural I'm not a believer in super high protein diets being necessary to build muscle. I know it's not necessary because I've bulked up to 230 lbs with 120-160 grams of protein on a poor mans diet. But we're talking about cutting here and with this particular case trying to maximize fatloss in a short amount of time while retaining as much muscle as possible. Recommending just 60 grams of protein in a 1500 calorie a day diet as Adam has is NOT the best way to go. Its so retarded it could only be construed as retarded or trolling.  

Probably the best diet would be something like Lyle Mcdonalds RFL with less frequent refeeds.
A

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2013, 05:16:32 PM »
I agree with Adonis - if he literally only ate 4 mcDoubles a day, and did just 20-30 mins cardio after one of his workouts he would be in 10 x better shape than he is now in a couple of months.

Jason could never follow a RFL diet or anything that requires measuring anything more complex than a scoop of whey, the kid isn't all there.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2013, 05:20:56 PM »
Once again, he doesn't have several months, he has 7 weeks. Adam is wrong.

And RFL doesn't require much measuring. Once you know how many grams of protein are in a bag of chicken tenderloins or tilapia from costco you're good to go. It's actually a very simple diet.
A

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2013, 06:53:12 PM »
Once again, he doesn't have several months, he has 7 weeks. Adam is wrong.

And RFL doesn't require much measuring. Once you know how many grams of protein are in a bag of chicken tenderloins or tilapia from costco you're good to go. It's actually a very simple diet.

Your proposed method would certainly be optimal.  But it's entirely unrealistic for this kid.

The tv dinner approach would get him to slim down, and short of eating too many tv dinners, is entirely Genova-proof.  Some progress is better than none.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2013, 07:06:27 PM »

This. The sodium level is off the charts for TV dinners. And if he has underlying issues like hypertension, it could be detrimental to his wellbeing.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2013, 08:34:44 PM »
This. The sodium level is off the charts for TV dinners. And if he has underlying issues like hypertension, it could be detrimental to his wellbeing.
Totally irrelevant when enough water is consumed. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2013, 08:36:04 PM »
Jason needs to take up a new hobby, like Parker said. Something involving aluminum foil perhaps.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2013, 09:04:19 PM »
Totally irrelevant when enough water is consumed. 

I'm not disagreeing with the prepackaged meals, but the fact is they are way too high in sodium and one should not have to drink unnaturally large amounts of water to compensate for this fact. In short term it's ok, but I wouldn't consume them long term.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2013, 10:56:19 PM »
everyone is missing the point here.

There is one problem and one solution and no it is not dieting, it is a matter of perception.

Mistakes were made by everyone he has ever worked with including Aaron and pj.

He keeps failing and he keeps looking the same because he is trying to dial in at 170lb. The second he gets it through his head that he is only 145lb shredded on stage progress will be made.

How can someone get shredded if they think they need to be 170lb, it won't work, perception is everything.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2013, 04:50:57 AM »
everyone is missing the point here.

There is one problem and one solution and no it is not dieting, it is a matter of perception.

Mistakes were made by everyone he has ever worked with including Aaron and pj.

He keeps failing and he keeps looking the same because he is trying to dial in at 170lb. The second he gets it through his head that he is only 145lb shredded on stage progress will be made.

How can someone get shredded if they think they need to be 170lb, it won't work, perception is everything.

You might have seen more of Jason, I only watch a few vids here and there - but I've never seen him mention a certain weight at all.  All I've seen is him struggle to do what he has been told to do, over and over again.

I do not agree that people are missing the point.  I think if anything, you are missing the point that everybody is hammering.

Jason is not doing anything he is told.  That is the point.

Jason has been given a full training and diet program and we see him turn up and begin a workout doing side raises and then shrugs?  No way PJ gave him that.

Forget the side debate from TA on training hard being necessary - if he isn't following the training, he isn't following the dieting, either.  You either have to eat less food (which can be uncomfortable) or burn off extra (which can be uncomfortable).  There is no way Jason is doing either on a consistent basis.

I think TA is along the right lines with his 4 microwave dinners theory.  The prescribed diet has to be so simple, even a muppet could follow.  The guy does not look to have it in him to train consistently so you cannot trust him to eat more and you basically cannot trust him to prepare meals /etc.

But even then, only his mind can stop him from snacking and does he have that in him?  Maybe not

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2013, 09:37:19 AM »

"

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »
Even if his diet consisted soley of microwaveable meals he would still foul it up.  I don't believe he has the self control necessary to prevent himself from overeating.
A

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2013, 09:44:15 AM »
He wouldn't look terrible if he was ten percent, kid has a weird frame and his shoulders look messed up from his awful training.. Look how he holds himself with his arm all twisted in.. But remember he is legit room temp iq or lower, mentally handicapped ppl can't be expected to eat well, he probably steals candy from work and eats leftovers from the grocery store bakery everyday
^^
I also think he's selling the "supplements" Aaron and PJ give him to someone who PAYS for his McDonald's meals he admitted to cheating on his diet!!!

P.S.  His training mostly consists of machine curls, and horrible technique on most anything else, he just doesn't listen...

ukjeff

« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2013, 09:45:48 AM »

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2013, 09:50:28 AM »
You might have seen more of Jason, I only watch a few vids here and there - but I've never seen him mention a certain weight at all.  All I've seen is him struggle to do what he has been told to do, over and over again.

I do not agree that people are missing the point.  I think if anything, you are missing the point that everybody is hammering.

Jason is not doing anything he is told.  That is the point.

Jason has been given a full training and diet program and we see him turn up and begin a workout doing side raises and then shrugs?  No way PJ gave him that.

Forget the side debate from TA on training hard being necessary - if he isn't following the training, he isn't following the dieting, either.  You either have to eat less food (which can be uncomfortable) or burn off extra (which can be uncomfortable).  There is no way Jason is doing either on a consistent basis.

I think TA is along the right lines with his 4 microwave dinners theory.  The prescribed diet has to be so simple, even a muppet could follow.  The guy does not look to have it in him to train consistently so you cannot trust him to eat more and you basically cannot trust him to prepare meals /etc.

But even then, only his mind can stop him from snacking and does he have that in him?  Maybe not
again totally missing the point

He has said a million times he is a middle weight, every expert that has helped him claimed they could dial him in at 170lb, in fact, someone said to drop to light weight and he freaked on them.

This is THE ONLY problem he has is perception of being a middle weight when he does not have enough muscle to do so, fix this problem and there is no problem

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2013, 09:57:58 AM »
again totally missing the point

He has said a million times he is a middle weight, every expert that has helped him claimed they could dial him in at 170lb, in fact, someone said to drop to light weight and he freaked on them.

This is THE ONLY problem he has is perception of being a middle weight when he does not have enough muscle to do so, fix this problem and there is no problem
true,to stand on stage as he does he looks like he walked off street and walked accidently on a bbing stage and said fuk it i'm ready.if he locked into a diet and follows it and gets onstage ripped at whatever say its 150 at least he would look like he belongs up there.otherwise he's a side show for entertainment.

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2013, 10:26:11 AM »

He just needs to eat around 1800-2000 calories a day of whatever he wants and in time he will be ripped.  Makes no difference what he eats.  These restrictive diets are killing him.  The best thing they could do is put him on an All Mcdonalds dollar menu diet or something like that where his only choices will come to that caloric range.  He has to have pre-packaged or labeled food as he has no idea how to weigh or measure food.  

He would do better if he just bought TV dinners and added them up to 1800-2000 calories each day.  
LMFAO

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2013, 10:31:45 AM »
true,to stand on stage as he does he looks like he walked off street and walked accidently on a bbing stage and said fuk it i'm ready.if he locked into a diet and follows it and gets onstage ripped at whatever say its 150 at least he would look like he belongs up there.otherwise he's a side show for entertainment.
see I keep hearing, ''well he does not listen'' and it is true but he does lose weight, he went from 220 to 180 so the diet is not the problem nor is the listening, he just needs to keep going to 150lb and he won't because he does not know this.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2013, 10:52:36 AM »
see I keep hearing, ''well he does not listen'' and it is true but he does lose weight, he went from 220 to 180 so the diet is not the problem nor is the listening, he just needs to keep going to 150lb and he won't because he does not know this.

I think you may be on to something here.  He's been saying "freakin ripped at 170lbs" or "f'n shredded at 175lbs" for years now.  He's close to 170 and that 10lb difference won't make him look like a competitor.  I don't think mentally he can handle being 140-145lbs.  Based on what I've seen that would be ridiculous to him....even if he was in contest shape at that weight.  Then again, if a bodybuilder from a magazine told him he needed to get to that point to be competitive he might change his tune then.