Author Topic: This guy claims that he benched 455 for 4 reps, what do you think??????  (Read 4465 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: This guy claims that he benched 455 for 4 reps, what do you think??????
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 04:19:55 PM »
did you see the post above, he said 455 for 6 and claims that he can do 405 for a few anytime he wants even if he hasn't been training, what do you think Zach?

he said he did 455 while jacked up on drugs. i know two guys who can rep 455 and one weighs around 240 at 5'9". boy's jacked all to hell in the upper body, and has done somewhere in the high 400s in competition (meaning full pause).

he says he can do 4 wheels for a few reps now. like i said, i'm -skeptical- of it, but part of that's because i'm only hitting 365 for a single and any time someone outlifts me i'd like to believe it's bullshit.  ;D

i lifted with a guy who was 165 and did 315 for raw triples. if you saw pictures of him you'd laugh your ass off, but i witnessed it. as for dballn, i'm going to go out on a limb and say they aren't the cleanest reps and he can't do them if he hasn't been training, but that it's definitely doable.

james_hetfield

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 04:20:05 PM »
Who care about weight lifted, its a BODYBUILDING BOARD and you look like a lard factory fire.

so true

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 04:20:31 PM »
hahahahaha, if you can bench 405 anytime you want whether you've been training or not that would make you the most genetically gifted man in the world, is that what you're claiming?

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 04:20:37 PM »
Who care about weight lifted, its a BODYBUILDING BOARD and you look like a lard factory fire.
DUDE !!! You're easily being handled on this board ... Now get back to your bag of chips!!!! LOL !!!!LOL !!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!  

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 04:21:22 PM »
hahahahaha, if you can bench 405 anytime you want whether you've been training or not that would make you the most genetically gifted man in the world, is that what you're claiming?

No...I think he is claiming he owned a little pregnant girl in Old Navy...OH No wait a minute that was you Fatty...lol

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2007, 04:21:50 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=129746.0

lets hear your thoughts, on Cost of Redemption Coleman himself benched 495 for 5 and this guy claims that he did a mere 40 pounds less for almost the same reps.

you cannot base strength on his appearance, nor can you base your conclusion based on the amount of weight a bodybuilder benches.

I knew a guy that  was 5' 7" weighed in at 160lbs and benched 450lbs at bench press competitions, in the gym he could do near 500lbs. (one rep) and I am not exaggerating, you would not had known he even lifted weights had you met him in street clothes.

Luv_2build

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2007, 04:22:15 PM »
You're such a tool, everybody hates you!!!!!!!!!!!!  Your're the new TA.

I'm just curious.  he was backing you up, and you bag on him???

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2007, 04:29:35 PM »
I'm just curious.  he was backing you up, and you bag on him???

Taken out of context, I was agreeing with Hetfield, then ripping SARS.  Lets not get it twisted.  8)
\

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »
he says he can do 405 for a few. i find that pretty unlikely, but not unbelievable.

Why is someone that size unlikely to do 405 for a few reps? I'm 226 and can do that. Because you can't do it it's not doable?  ???  Half the people on this board call bullshit becuase none of them have half the work ethic of a few on here. Maybe if some of you guys actually busted your ass you'd move more weight than a 13 year of jv tennis player for once.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2007, 04:34:16 PM »
All right guys this topic is overdone,  I'm done with this thread I'm letting it sink to the bottom of the boards.
\

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2007, 04:34:29 PM »
Why is someone that size unlikely to do 405 for a few reps? I'm 226 and can do that. Because you can't do it it's not doable?  ???  Half the people on this board call bullshit becuase none of them have half the work ethic of a few on here. Maybe if some of you guys actually busted your ass you'd move more weight than a 13 year of jv tennis player for once.
let's see proof, pics or video.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2007, 04:35:27 PM »

4 wheels is serious weight. not a lot of gyms have a guy who can handle that. to put it another way, gyms have way more guys who are that size but can't rep 405 than guys who can, you know? that's why i said it's certainly possible, i'm just skeptical as i would be with any claims.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2007, 04:39:34 PM »
let's see proof, pics or video.

Why you'd just claim fake plates.  ::)

4 wheels is serious weight. not a lot of gyms have a guy who can handle that. to put it another way, gyms have way more guys who are that size but can't rep 405 than guys who can, you know? that's why i said it's certainly possible, i'm just skeptical as i would be with any claims.

Magoo, how are you pushing your weights, whats your techinque?

With mine I use a just outside shoulder grip and for me at least it's mostly triceps with chest at the lock out.  the easiest way for me to describe it is, benching feels like squating with my arm.  I've always been pretty good at it.
\

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2007, 04:43:51 PM »

With mine I use a just outside shoulder grip and for me at least it's mostly triceps with chest at the lock out.  the easiest way for me to describe it is, benching feels like squating with my arm.  I've always been pretty good at it.

THE WIDER THE GRIP THE LESS TRI'S AND SHOULDERS IS INVOLVED! It's the opposite the closer you bring your hands together. They're still involved but not as much with a wider grip. My grip spans the bar.

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2007, 04:46:52 PM »
His claim is very hard to believe. Now if he were to say 315, even 365 for 5 or 6, that's plausible. I don't think that anybody on this board should make such a claim, unless he has the readily available proof to back it up.  
Cam ad mi

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2007, 04:46:52 PM »
THE WIDER THE GRIP THE LESS TRI'S AND SHOULDERS IS INVOLVED! It's the opposite the closer you bring your hands together. They're still involved but not as much with a wider grip. My grip spans the bar.

I use the wide grip for BB stuff, and the closer grip for strength training.  Actually heavy deadlifting really helped out my bench to. 
\

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2007, 04:47:55 PM »

Either you train at planet fitness or you workout at home. I'm just breaking your balls. In a large gym you'll have MAYBE 20-30 people who can do it out of all their members. mid-high 300's is common. I've always been a bencher adn have moved in circles of them. To me 500 or more raw is impressive. 400 is not. I recently wrote an article about how to become a big bencher. I've trainined numerous people to do so. My latest "student" has gone from a 185 to 275lb max since the end of january. Big benching isn't something for a few elite people. It's all in your head and how you train.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2007, 04:49:30 PM »
His claim is very hard to believe. Now if he were to say 315, even 365 for 5 or 6, that's plausible. I don't think that anybody on this board should make such a claim, unless he has the readily available proof to back it up.  

I've kept a running workout log on this board for quite some time before I ever mentioned that I could do it in the general forum. 315, for most of you guys that train properly and have done so for a year or more, should be your mid range weights unless you've had some kind of injury.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2007, 04:51:05 PM »

PL arch, index fingers on the rings. my bench isn't my strong suit, mostly due to piss poor shoulders (i trained a lot for a shirt so my triceps are way outlifting my chest/delts). we'll see about it in a few months.

Either you train at planet fitness or you workout at home. I'm just breaking your balls. In a large gym you'll have MAYBE 20-30 people who can do it out of all their members. mid-high 300's is common. I've always been a bencher adn have moved in circles of them. To me 500 or more raw is impressive. 400 is not. I recently wrote an article about how to become a big bencher. I've trainined numerous people to do so. My latest "student" has gone from a 185 to 275lb max since the end of january. Big benching isn't something for a few elite people. It's all in your head and how you train.

i been to powerhouses and gold's up and down the east coast and repping 405 isn't a 20-30 people common type of thing, particularly for guys on the lower end of the 200 pound scale.

all i said was that it's not the most probable, but that it's absolutely possible. i take all internet claims with a grain of salt is all.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2007, 05:02:48 PM »
PL arch, index fingers on the rings. my bench isn't my strong suit, mostly due to piss poor shoulders (i trained a lot for a shirt so my triceps are way outlifting my chest/delts). we'll see about it in a few months.

i been to powerhouses and gold's up and down the east coast and repping 405 isn't a 20-30 people common type of thing, particularly for guys on the lower end of the 200 pound scale.

all i said was that it's not the most probable, but that it's absolutely possible. i take all internet claims with a grain of salt is all.

Your bench will come easily with a good pl setup. That's the number one problem wiht people in the gym is setup when it comes to pushing big numbers. If you just started using it, you should see HUGE climbs in your numbers. 30-50lbs or more in a month or so. If not then it's just a matter of finding your positioning with grip, etc.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2007, 05:10:26 PM »
You can bench 455 all day long but if you look like shit, you look like shit.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2007, 05:10:56 PM »
epic not realizing that body mechanics and bone structure are just as important as muscle size in benching, if not more so

I already like this guy.

Luv_2build

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2007, 06:42:34 AM »
Taken out of context, I was agreeing with Hetfield, then ripping SARS.  Lets not get it twisted.  8)

My bad

Weightpit

• Getbig III
  • Remember Sharon Tate...Carpe Diem
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2007, 06:52:19 AM »
...and if I remember correctly you claim to row 315 for reps with good form...

SAT...fatfather CAN do 315 rows for reps....his lats are proof positive!!

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2007, 07:02:41 AM »
No way