Author Topic: 55 YRS OLD AND COUNTING.......  (Read 331353 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: 54 YRS OLD AND COUNTING.......
« Reply #550 on: July 05, 2023, 07:15:23 PM »
 So birthday coming up 55 next Thursday, July 13. As you can see my training is still in effect. Age catches up. I can feel it right now having some right shoulder issue working around it I have to do massages and I have different ways to work around it it’s affecting my chest workouts. I’ve had to do more cable and more machine, pressing on the angles and try to keep the front dealt out. started this thread over 10 years ago some changes in the body by time occur. It sucks. I hate it but it is what it is other than that happy to be healthy and still I’ll get big.com and hopefully put up a few more pics the next couple weeks or so. My leg workouts are going incredible. My legs really haven’t missed much of a beat  still there good size some separation as you can see.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #551 on: October 31, 2023, 03:31:25 PM »
 :)55 now,feeling good ,training and eating still no slowing down,got over shoulder soreness took few months but got around it,weigh 180 .

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #552 on: November 07, 2023, 04:06:07 AM »
:)55 now,feeling good ,training and eating still no slowing down,got over shoulder soreness took few months but got around it,weigh 180 .
Looking great Steve..........props buddy !  ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #553 on: November 07, 2023, 06:51:36 AM »
Looking great Steve..........props buddy !  ;)

THANKS WES,,,,im pushing,,legs and back are still very strong,pressing is coming back after sore 3months shoulder ,db pressing is coming up..overall feel great..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #554 on: November 17, 2023, 11:06:52 AM »
 Kamali kitchen lighting ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #555 on: November 28, 2023, 12:45:00 PM »
Kamali kitchen lighting ;)
Good to see you´re still around Bud

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: 55 YRS OLD AND COUNTING.......
« Reply #556 on: November 28, 2023, 12:53:39 PM »
Good to see you´re still around Bud
i am  ;),,,i still love working out...glad ur back ...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #557 on: November 28, 2023, 12:59:04 PM »
i am  ;),,,i still love working out...glad ur back ...
thanks steve

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #558 on: April 22, 2024, 06:08:36 PM »
Come over to the training section. I forgot you post here.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #559 on: May 04, 2024, 04:02:03 PM »
Vacation Aruba few weeks,training well and hard.in good shape for summer.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #560 on: May 06, 2024, 04:18:50 AM »
Looking great Steve....props my friend!!  ;)

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #561 on: May 30, 2024, 10:23:59 AM »
Amazing natty physique on Steve, strong and healthy... (no H-mo)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #562 on: July 05, 2024, 07:13:01 PM »
Turning 56 next weekend ,pushed for my best condition as possible last few months.a bit bigger as well.people noticing and some good props..training and diet is where it needs to be..sitting at 180 lbs .

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #563 on: July 07, 2024, 04:06:54 AM »
Turning 56 next weekend ,pushed for my best condition as possible last few months.a bit bigger as well.people noticing and some good props..training and diet is where it needs to be..sitting at 180 lbs .

you still doing your 4 day split or has your training changed?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #564 on: July 07, 2024, 04:18:54 AM »
you still doing your 4 day split or has your training changed?
Mon chest tri abs

Tues back traps calves abs

Wed off usually if not Thursday workout and then thurs off

Thurs delts and biceps or off

Fri I do a circuit day just few sets of mon and tues workouts higher reps  30: 45 minutes

Sat legs top to bottom

Sun off

I do a lot of drop sets ,and for say delts run the rack laterals ..

This past  few months diet wise same protein less carbs I cycle them around,I do not count calories ,I also drink fair enough amount water not over board like some people with gallon jugs around all the time.i also eat small and do not overstuff myself for scale weight anymore I’m happier right now and my shape and condition is better for it.i want to be frank zane type lol..

I train with a cop he’s 36 I know him since he’s in high school we started traing together steady last 2;yrs he’s down 40 lbs since and looks great  he’s rubbed off on me as well .i do not try to out lift him on chest like dbells I do what I can and shoulder presses as well.i push him on legs and back he has to keep up with me there I’m still very strong there .

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #565 on: July 07, 2024, 04:34:54 AM »
Mon chest tri abs

Tues back traps calves abs

Wed off usually if not Thursday workout and then thurs off

Thurs delts and biceps or off

Fri I do a circuit day just few sets of mon and tues workouts higher reps  30: 45 minutes

Sat legs top to bottom

Sun off

I do a lot of drop sets ,and for say delts run the rack laterals ..

This past  few months diet wise same protein less carbs I cycle them around,I do not count calories ,I also drink fair enough amount water not over board like some people with gallon jugs around all the time.i also eat small and do not overstuff myself for scale weight anymore I’m happier right now and my shape and condition is better for it.i want to be frank zane type lol..

I train with a cop he’s 36 I know him since he’s in high school we started traing together steady last 2;yrs he’s down 40 lbs since and looks great  he’s rubbed off on me as well .i do not try to out lift him on chest like dbells I do what I can and shoulder presses as well.i push him on legs and back he has to keep up with me there I’m still very strong there .

sounds good that you´ve a training partner & push each other.
yeah I mean you look a good weight & size in your pictures, like Rich wrote on his thread the Athletic look but you still got that weight trained look  ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #566 on: July 07, 2024, 08:58:21 AM »
sounds good that you´ve a training partner & push each other.
yeah I mean you look a good weight & size in your pictures, like Rich wrote on his thread the Athletic look but you still got that weight trained look  ;)
Donnie, thanks again for the shout out props like you love the training and yeah I call it functional muscle I kind of like Frank Zane not fully dieted out look I like his physique like when he did his modeling pics. some kind of physique I always wanted, so yeah I think took a long time a lot of chiseling a lot of training a lot of Commitment

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #567 on: July 07, 2024, 11:26:17 AM »
We have to meet one day on the beach or boardwalk.

Regarding your earlier post of adapting to age I find myself doing a lot of that.  When my shoulders gives me grief it's declines chest presses where it doesn't hurt at all.  Making some drastic changes to my leg training. Now it's leg press, high box step ups and dumbbell squats on a severe wedge.  Regarding the wedge I got a more severe angle than the picture I pulled off the internet. It sure makes a light weight heavy and seems to throw all the stress onto the quads. Long story short, we all have to adapt and change as we age.

Keep going you look fantastic.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #568 on: July 07, 2024, 07:56:30 PM »
We have to meet one day on the beach or boardwalk.

Regarding your earlier post of adapting to age I find myself doing a lot of that.  When my shoulders gives me grief it's declines chest presses where it doesn't hurt at all.  Making some drastic changes to my leg training. Now it's leg press, high box step ups and dumbbell squats on a severe wedge.  Regarding the wedge I got a more severe angle than the picture I pulled off the internet. It sure makes a light weight heavy and seems to throw all the stress onto the quads. Long story short, we all have to adapt and change as we age.

Keep going you look fantastic.
Thank you Rich. Your inspiration as well, brother especially with your condition you’re still training like you’re not sick and it’s pushing it back and I love it and you’re always working hard and that’s important because if you don’t you’re just gonna deteriorate and why should you still young grandfather you still have tons to live for I will be down the shore in August will connect. I will get in touch with you.