Author Topic: Reid deadlocked with Angle in new poll  (Read 11546 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Reid deadlocked with Angle in new poll
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2010, 07:00:31 AM »
LoL - the only thing that backfired in that thread was your brain.

do you really want to spend the time arguing that Ayers wrote Obama's book, they were buddies, etc...

have at it and if you manage say something that I find remotely interesting I'll consider responding

There is nothing to argue - they were buddies - FACT. 

BTW - you were destroyed in that thread, not even close.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2010, 07:44:57 AM »
There is nothing to argue - they were buddies - FACT. 

BTW - you were destroyed in that thread, not even close.   

oh well I guess since you said it was a fact it must be true

the only thing you destroy is your own credibility whenever you post on any thread

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2010, 08:01:43 AM »
oh well I guess since you said it was a fact it must be true

the only thing you destroy is your own credibility whenever you post on any thread

Coming from the fool who backed the Stimulus Bill and ObamaCare, WHICH IS YOU, thanks for the laugh.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2010, 08:16:22 AM »
Coming from the fool who backed the Stimulus Bill and ObamaCare, WHICH IS YOU, thanks for the laugh.   

actually I backed single payer

what we got was a poor alternative

I also backed a larger stim bill so you're pretty much wrong on both counts.........yet again

btw - if you recall I was completely against the original bank bailout and still think it was a money grab but the banksters who seem to actually run our country (apparently with our indifferent consent)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2010, 08:34:50 AM »
actually I backed single payer

what we got was a poor alternative

I also backed a larger stim bill so you're pretty much wrong on both counts.........yet again

btw - if you recall I was completely against the original bank bailout and still think it was a money grab but the banksters who seem to actually run our country (apparently with our indifferent consent)
what would a bigger stimulus have done straw?

and actually as much as I hate to admit it TARP was a necissary evil...arent you a finance guy?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2010, 10:17:16 AM »
Rasmussen: Reid, Angle in Dead Heat
Friday, 03 Sep 2010

Democratic Sen. Harry Reid and his Republican challenger Sharron Angle are still neck-and-neck in Nevada’s race for U.S. Senate.

The latest Rasmussen Reports statewide telephone survey of Likely Voters shows the candidates tied with 45 percent of the vote each. Five percent prefer another candidate and 6 percent more are undecided.

Reid and Angle were tied two weeks ago at 47 percent apiece.

Earlier this year, Reid was considered to be one of the Senate’s most vulnerable incumbents. He picked up just 39 percent of the vote following Angle’s primary victory but has seen his own numbers improve to 41 percent in late June, 43 percent in early July, 45 percent in late July and 47 percent in mid-August.

This is the first survey since Angle’s victory which failed to show an increase in support for Reid. However, the current numbers match the average of the last three surveys suggesting a level of stability has entered the race.

For Angle, the numbers have been heading in the opposite direction. The GOP nominee attracted 50 percent of the statewide vote following her primary victory in early June. That fell to 48 percent later that month, 46 percent in early July, and 43 percent in late July.

The 47 percent support she received in August represented the first time her support had increased since the primary. As with Reid, her numbers appear to have stabilized.

The race remains a Tossup in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Senate Balance of Power rankings.

When leaners are included in the new totals, Reid attracts 50 percent of the vote, while Angle picks up 47 percent. Two weeks ago, Angle held a small 50 percent to 48 percent edge over Reid among leaners.

Leaners are those who initially indicate no preference for either of the candidates but answer a follow-up question and say they are leaning toward a particular candidate.

Early in any campaign, the numbers without leaners are generally more significant. Later in a campaign, the numbers with leaners matter more.

After Labor Day, Rasmussen Reports will report the numbers with leaners as the primary indicators of the campaign.

The survey of 750 Likely Voters in Nevada was conducted on Sept. 1, 2010, by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 4 percentage points. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC.

Ninety-two percent of Angle’s supporters now say they are certain of their vote this November, up seven points over the past two weeks. Eighty-five percent of voters who back Reid say they are certain of their vote.

Angle is backed by 83 percent of Republicans while Reid is supported by 78 percent of Democrats in the state. The candidates are in a virtual tie among voters not affiliated with either major political party.

Like voters in the rest of the country, Nevada voters put the economy first when it comes to how they vote. Fifty-one percent say economic issues are the most important in determining how they vote.

Reid holds a 56 percent to 38 percent lead over Angle among voters who consider economic issues to be the most important.

Reid is viewed Very Favorably by 25 percent but Very Unfavorably by 43 percent.

Angle’s reviews are 18 percent Very Favorable, 38 percent Very Unfavorable.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/RasmussenReidAngleDead-Heat/2010/09/03/id/369200

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2010, 10:31:58 AM »
she's got the anti-incumbent sentiment on her side.

he's got decades of experience running campaigns and winning elections - the GOTV infrastructure, knows how to cheat, etc.

it'll probably come down to economy, which may be worse then - which might actually help dems: Reid holds a 56 percent to 38 percent lead over Angle among voters who consider economic issues to be the most important.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2010, 10:36:52 AM »
she's got the anti-incumbent sentiment on her side.

he's got decades of experience running campaigns and winning elections - the GOTV infrastructure, knows how to cheat, etc.

it'll probably come down to economy, which may be worse then - which might actually help dems: Reid holds a 56 percent to 38 percent lead over Angle among voters who consider economic issues to be the most important.

Angle knows that her worst enemy is herself

that's why she will basically spend the next 2 months playing duck and cover

My prediction is that the Tbag candidates will all lose in the general election and all for the same reason

The majority of voters would rather have a dem they don't necessarily like rather than a bat shit lunatic that they don't trust and who might not even be playing with a a full deck

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2010, 10:39:27 AM »
It's not that she's crazy.........

It's that she's batshit insane.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »
It's not that she's crazy.........

It's that she's batshit insane.

And yet she remains deadlocked with Reid. It says a lot about how bad the anti-Dem sentiment is right now when someone that crazy is deadlocked with one of the most powerful Dems on the hill.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2010, 10:44:17 AM »
And yet she remains deadlocked with Reid. It says a lot about how bad the anti-Dem sentiment is right now when someone that crazy is deadlocked with one of the most powerful Dems on the hill.

reid is a piece of dog shite as a candidate who was losing 75 to 25 to 'unnamed repub'

this may end up being a case of repubs snatching defeat from jaws of victory, by choosing such an extreme candidate just because they could. A calm moderate repub would be destroying Reid by 30 points right now.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2010, 12:24:03 PM »
reid is a piece of dog shite as a candidate who was losing 75 to 25 to 'unnamed repub'

this may end up being a case of repubs snatching defeat from jaws of victory, by choosing such an extreme candidate just because they could. A calm moderate repub would be destroying Reid by 30 points right now.

exactly right and that's is going to be the downfall of the Repubs

there are not enough mentally unstable people in their party to support a teabag candidate in the general election

it's the real "Palin Effect"

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2010, 03:30:19 PM »
Even though Angle is not the extremist that people here make her out to be, I have to say that 240 is right on this one: she is a bad candidate, and anybody right now should be clobbering Reid. This is another reason I do not call myself a member of the tea party. But Im confused. I have heard people from the Tea Party say many times that they like to concentrate on fiscal issues instead of social issues, because they feel that social issues divides people, so why did they select Angle? Now, dont get me wrong, Angle is not an extremist like a lot of narrow minded secular twits make her out to be. But it never the less is politicaly foolish of her or any Republican to even mention social issues right now, or anything that has to do with religiion.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2010, 03:38:26 PM »
Even though Angle is not the extremist that people here make her out to be, I have to say that 240 is right on this one: she is a bad candidate, and anybody right now should be clobbering Reid. This is another reason I do not call myself a member of the tea party. But Im confused. I have heard people from the Tea Party say many times that they like to concentrate on fiscal issues instead of social issues, because they feel that social issues divides people, so why did they select Angle? Now, dont get me wrong, Angle is not an extremist like a lot of narrow minded secular twits make her out to be. But it never the less is politicaly foolish of her or any Republican to even mention social issues right now, or anything that has to do with religiion.

I wouldn't expect Angle or anyone else to be in anything other than a tight race with the Senate Majority Leader.  He has the power of the incumbency, more money, etc.  The fact he is in a dogfight speaks volumes. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »
I wouldn't expect Angle or anyone else to be in anything other than a tight race with the Senate Majority Leader.  He has the power of the incumbency, more money, etc.  The fact he is in a dogfight speaks volumes. 

this would be true IF he wasn't losing 25 to 75 to 'unnamed repub candidate' just a few months back.

Or, better put:

What if Dean Heller or Jon Porter had challenged Harry Reid?

Before Sharron Angle became a national political figure and even before the Nevada Senate race made the idea of bartering chickens for health care a national joke, there was a chance that a Republican of real stature would step up to challenge Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

The top two prospects were Rep. Dean Heller and former Rep. Jon Porter — experienced, capable pols who would have raised plenty of money and likely avoided the trail of gaffes that plagued Angle and her primary opponents. A Mason-Dixon poll in August 2009 showed Heller leading Reid by 10 percentage points.

Reid’s still in serious peril, but the chief reason he’s not a dead man walking — and that Democrats aren’t currently figuring out how to cut him loose — is that he’s shrewdly exploited the weaknesses of his opponents. Heller or Porter wouldn’t have made that so easy for him.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/41800_Page3.html#ixzz0ynWlkLDY

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2010, 05:49:13 PM »
Angle is going to win by at least 5 points. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2010, 06:01:16 PM »
this would be true IF he wasn't losing 25 to 75 to 'unnamed repub candidate' just a few months back.

Or, better put:

What if Dean Heller or Jon Porter had challenged Harry Reid?

Before Sharron Angle became a national political figure and even before the Nevada Senate race made the idea of bartering chickens for health care a national joke, there was a chance that a Republican of real stature would step up to challenge Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

The top two prospects were Rep. Dean Heller and former Rep. Jon Porter — experienced, capable pols who would have raised plenty of money and likely avoided the trail of gaffes that plagued Angle and her primary opponents. A Mason-Dixon poll in August 2009 showed Heller leading Reid by 10 percentage points.

Reid’s still in serious peril, but the chief reason he’s not a dead man walking — and that Democrats aren’t currently figuring out how to cut him loose — is that he’s shrewdly exploited the weaknesses of his opponents. Heller or Porter wouldn’t have made that so easy for him.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/41800_Page3.html#ixzz0ynWlkLDY

Pretty meaningless poll.  Dick Morris had a good explanation, which I posted earlier in this thread:

[Dick] Morris was asked about the race in Nevada, where Republican Sharon Angle will seek to unseat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in November.

“On primary day, Angle was about 9 points ahead when she got the nomination. Then Reid dumped $1 million on negative media, taking a quote from her where she said I want to phase out Social Security and Medicare and saying, see, she wants to eliminate Social Security and Medicare. With that ad, she fell behind.

“You know what Churchill said — a lie can make it halfway around the world before the truth gets its shoes on in the morning.

“After Reid had done that, I went out and was very active in raising money for an independent expenditure for Angle. We raised $400,000 and we put out the facts — the full quote, which is, I want to phase out Social Security and Medicare’s method of financing so the Democrats can’t raid the money and use it for their budget deficit.

“So when people saw the truth of what Angle had said, they turned against Reid and now Angle is ahead.”

. . . .

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/midterms-democrats-gop-mccollum-rick-scott-florida-dick-morris-ground-zero-mosque/2010/08/19/id/367968

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2010, 06:02:30 PM »
yeha, but her quotes couldn't have helped.  She's softened her positions, and her honesty was refreshing - but she's quite naive politically.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2010, 06:05:09 PM »
yeha, but her quotes couldn't have helped.  She's softened her positions, and her honesty was refreshing - but she's quite naive politically.

So what?  240 - you have been beyond brain dead for well over 6 months in your failure to percieve the mood of the country as a result of what your heros are doing.  . 

A massive tsunami is going to sweep her into office along with rubio, buck, rand paul, carly, etc. 

Just the gov race alone in nevada is going to get her about 3 to 5 extra points. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2010, 06:06:36 PM »

What??  She is an experienced legislator.  Dude you just repeatedly make stuff up. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »
What??  She is an experienced legislator.  Dude you just repeatedly make stuff up. 

in the last 2 weeks, she has gotten pretty shrewd with her answers.  she used to just blurt out things like "i dont go on networks besides FOX because it doesn't lead to donations" and "let's phase out soc security".

She's been very good at making more politically correct statements in the last 2 weeks.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2010, 06:19:02 PM »
in the last 2 weeks, she has gotten pretty shrewd with her answers.  she used to just blurt out things like "i dont go on networks besides FOX because it doesn't lead to donations" and "let's phase out soc security".

She's been very good at making more politically correct statements in the last 2 weeks.

Not that I don't believe you . . . o.k., I don't, but link to those quotes?  I put them both through Google and got nothing.    

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2010, 06:34:21 PM »
Not that I don't believe you . . . o.k., I don't, but link to those quotes?  I put them both through Google and got nothing.   

LOL do ya even watch the news?

I have coffee ice cream calling my name... if you haven't seen these angle quotes, which i paraphrased, oh well.  good on ya mate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2010, 06:44:39 PM »
LOL do ya even watch the news?

I have coffee ice cream calling my name... if you haven't seen these angle quotes, which i paraphrased, oh well.  good on ya mate.

Yeah.  I mean it's not like you have a history of embellishing quotes, or just outright fabrication when it comes to quotes and stories.  But hey it's no biggie.  It's only the internet. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2010, 10:39:24 AM »
Reid: Don't blame me for high unemployment in Nevada
The Hill

________________________ ________________________ __________

Reid: Don't blame me for high unemployment in Nevada By Jordan Fabian - 09/07/10 12:31 PM ET

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday expressed confidence in his prospects for reelection and said that voters should not blame him for economic woes in his state and around the country.

In a wide-ranging interview with ABC News that aired on an afternoon webcast, Reid said that he has worked hard as majority leader to create jobs and should not be held accountable for Nevada and the nation's continuing economic woes.

"It would take a real stretch to think I caused the problems with the economy, and that's what she is trying to do," Reid said referencing his GOP opponent, Sharron Angle. "You know that I have nothing to do with those unemployment figures, in fact I have worked hard to change them ... I think it is my job to create jobs.

"As you know, I tried to do a lot of things to stop the Bush red spending" that left the nation with a ballooning budget deficit, Reid said. "I don't have any hand in what took place during the Bush administration — I tried to rein that in."

Reid added that he has "worked really hard" during the Obama administration to jump-start the economy and that the situation is beginning to improve.