Author Topic: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates  (Read 182585 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates
« Reply #575 on: June 11, 2015, 05:06:44 PM »
WALKER FLOATS RUBIO AS RUNNING MATE — ‘ARM WRESTLE OVER WHO WOULD BE TOP OF THE TICKET’

hilary did this in 2008, pretending she'd choose obama in order to win his supporters.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #576 on: June 15, 2015, 10:38:30 AM »
Sabato says Bush, Walker, and Rubio, with lots of caveats.   I tend to agree at this point, subject to the debates. 

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4291142490001/sabato-only-3-republicans-can-win-presidential-nomination/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #577 on: June 15, 2015, 11:11:24 AM »
Sabato says Bush, Walker, and Rubio, with lots of caveats.   I tend to agree at this point, subject to the debates. 

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4291142490001/sabato-only-3-republicans-can-win-presidential-nomination/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips

Bush will win if repubs want more of the same.  The base seems to hate Jeb though.  Rubio is Paul Ryan all over again, without all the mental horsepower that Ryan had.  Just lacking the gravitas and depth you want in a person needing to stare down Putin.  Anyone that thinks Rubio has the balls, the power, the gravitas to stare down the G8 or Putin, you're living in dream land.  I actually prefer the mess of Jeb because he has the depth/gravitas that Rubio lacks. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #578 on: June 15, 2015, 01:26:04 PM »
Jeb Bush Announces White House Bid, Saying ‘America Deserves Better.’
By MICHAEL BARBARO and JONATHAN MARTIN
JUNE 15, 2015

Jeb Bush formally announced his presidential campaign in Miami on Monday. Credit Joe Skipper/Reuters 

MIAMI — Jeb Bush declared Monday he is running for president, promising to remove Washington as an obstacle to effective government and economic prosperity and declaring that “America deserves better.”

“I am a candidate for president of the United States,” he told a cheering crowd kicking off his candidacy at Miami Dade College.

Mr. Bush, whose two terms as governor of Florida were marked by the privatization of traditional state services, vowed to “take Washington – the static capital of this dynamic country – out of the business of causing problems” in “the campaign that begins today.”

Mr. Bush called upon his own record of ambitious, conservative-minded change as Florida’s chief executive. “I know we can fix this,” Mr. Bush said. “Because I’ve done it.”

Mr. Bush, 62, is declaring his White House ambitions nearly 27 years after his father was elected president, molding a political dynasty that would propel one son into a governor’s office and another into the White House.

What Jeb Bush Would Need to Do to Win

But Mr. Bush will enter a presidential contest — unruly in size, unyielding in pace and voracious in cost — that is unlike any faced by his father, George Bush, who won the office in 1988, or his brother, George W. Bush, who claimed it in 2000.

In his speech, Mr. Bush offered himself up as a counterpoint to a Republican Party that has struggled to connect with minority voters, costing it the last two presidential elections. He also vowed to remain true to his principles, an implicit attack on his Republican rivals who have changed their views to appeal to the party’s conservative base.

And as the third member of his family to seek the nation’s highest office, he brings to the race a last name that at once burnishes and tarnishes, evoking the nobility of public service and a deep distrust of political entitlement.

Mr. Bush’s campaign will highlight that tension on Monday with the selection of a spare logo, first used in his failed 1994 race for governor, that excludes his surname. It reads simply “Jeb!” And while Mr. Bush’s wife, Columba, and his three adult children plan to attend his speech, aides said his father and brother would not join him for the announcement at the Kendall Campus of Miami Dade College.

Mr. Bush’s advisers and allies once predicted that he would emerge as the dominant Republican in the 2016 campaign, fueled by his record of conservative accomplishment as Florida’s governor, his popularity at the end of his time in office and the fund-raising prowess of the Bush family network. But now they are resigned to a far longer and uglier slog for him in the Republican nominating contest.

“The operative word inside the campaign is patience,” said Al Cardenas, a former Florida Republican Party leader and longtime ally of Mr. Bush. “As people get to know him, things will get better.”

Mr. Bush will make a formal announcement at 3 p.m. here in the multicultural city that allowed him to escape from his family’s patrician roots in the ivy-covered walls of Connecticut and in the oil patches of Texas. It was Miami that eventually nurtured the political ambitions that had long been a birthright of his clan.

In his speech, he will both embrace elements of his heritage and try to transcend them, portraying himself as an entrepreneurial figure who, in the Bush family way, struck out on his own, built up a real estate business and became a governor who delivered on a promise of sweeping change.

“I said I was going to do these things, and I did them,” Mr. Bush declared in a video released by his political operation on Sunday night. “The result was Florida’s a lot better off.”
Continue reading the main story

Joining a field crowded with governors and senators, he will try on Monday to distinguish himself as an executive animated by big ideas and uniquely capable of carrying them out, pointing to his record in Florida of introducing a taxpayer-financed school voucher program, expanding charter schools, reducing the size of state government by thousands of workers and cutting taxes by billions.

Above all, he will offer himself as a messenger of optimistic conservatism, uninterested in the politics of grievance, obstructionism and partisanship that, in his eyes and those of his allies, have catapulted less accomplished rivals, like Senators Ted Cruz of Texas and Rand Paul of Kentucky, to national prominence.

Leadership, he says in the video, is “not just about yapping about things,” an unmistakable attack on his voluble, less seasoned rivals from the Senate.

He adds: “There’s a lot of people talking. And they’re pretty good at it. But we need to start fixing things.”

The risk for Mr. Bush, a cerebral figure who seems more at ease debating the intricacies of education policy with business leaders than electrifying a crowd of voters, is that the charismatic talkers in his party may outshine him before ballots are cast. He has yet to emerge as a front-runner in polls, lagging rivals in crucial states like Iowa, which will hold its caucuses early next year.

Mr. Cardenas said Monday’s speech was only the beginning of a long sales pitch that Mr. Bush must make in states with early nominating contests like Iowa and New Hampshire.

“I consider the early states an asset for most candidates who are introducing themselves, and a burden for Governor Bush,” Mr. Cardenas said.

“The reason for that is that since 2006, many of our pundits in the party have not been kind to the Bush family,” Mr. Cardenas said.

Jeb Bradley, the majority leader in the New Hampshire State Senate, said that Mr. Bush met his three criteria for an endorsement — leadership skills, appealing stances on most issues and ability to win — but that he was still open to backing two other Republicans, Senator Marco Rubio of Florida and Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin.

“I want to see what Governor Bush says in Monday’s speech, see him at a town-hall meeting up here, see what his fund-raising looks like,” Mr. Bradley said.

The announcement of Mr. Bush’s White House run ends an unusual, legally problematic and occasionally comical phase in which Mr. Bush traveled, raised money and campaigned as a full-fledged candidate but insisted, despite all evidence to the contrary, that he was not officially exploring a presidential run.

It was a claim that allowed Mr. Bush to collect vast sums of cash for the political entities that could supercharge his campaign, but it produced several moments of semantic gymnastics. (A few days ago, to the barely suppressed laughter of the reporters nearby, Mr. Bush referred to “election night” and the “campaign that is likely to take place.”)

Despite Mr. Bush’s stumbles so far, his friends and allies said his biggest asset was his unwillingness to transform himself into something he is not.

“I think he needs to put aside the last few months and continue to calmly show a grown-up attitude,” said Barry Wynn, a prominent South Carolina Republican and donor. “The two things that will distinguish him are his stature, that he is a grown-up ready for the presidency, and his consistency, that he’s not changing to make everyone happy.”

“The worst thing for Jeb to do,” Mr. Wynn said, “is give his opponents any opportunity to close the stature gap he enjoys.”

But it remains unclear whether conservative-leaning voters will be as animated by Mr. Bush’s “grown-up” qualities as the party’s donor class, which has formed his core of early support.

“I am going to be who I am,” he said in Europe last weekend, on a trip during which he barely interacted with ordinary people. He seemed content mostly to bat around policy ideas, as he did on Saturday in Estonia with a group of technology executives who briefed him on the digitalization of the country’s government.

“I’m not going to change who I am,” Mr. Bush said as he left the meeting, his last in Europe, and headed home.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/us/politics/jeb-bush-presidential-campaign.html?_r=0

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #579 on: June 15, 2015, 04:00:18 PM »
It's just Jeb! 2016?

That's it?  Trying to distance himself from the Bush name.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Fail.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #580 on: June 15, 2015, 07:43:32 PM »
 :o

Ben Carson leads crowded GOP field in latest poll
Alicia Secord, Detroit Free Press
June 15, 2015

(Photo: Regina H. Boone/DFP)

In it's latest poll, Monmouth University in West Long Branch, N.J., found that "undecided" has a nine-percentage-point lead among Republican voters when asked who they support for their party's nomination, but native Detroiter Ben Carson rose to the forefront of the crowded field of GOP candidates.

Carson leads the pack with the support of 11% of voters, followed closely by Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker (10%), former Florida Gov. Bush (9%), Florida Sen. Rubio (9%), and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (8%). Other potential picks include Kentucky Senator Rand Paul (6%), Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (5%), New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (4%), former Texas Gov. Rick Perry (4%) and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum (3%). The other candidates in the poll -- businesswoman Carly Fiorina (2%), South Carolina Sen Lindsey Graham (2%), businessman Donald Trump (2%), Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (1%), Ohio Gov. John Kasich (1%), and former New York Gov. George Pataki (0%) -- fall below the top-10 cut-off that will be used by Fox News and CNN to determine who gets an invitation to their debates in August.

The poll was conducted before Bush formally announced his candidacy today.

Carson's standing has increased by 4 points since the last Monmouth poll in April, and "undecided" has gone up by 6 points. Meanwhile, his favorability rating is up to 45% favorable and 12% unfavorable today, up from 39% favorable and 16% unfavorable in the previous poll. But this early in the game, it's hard to say what voters will do when they head to the polls in 2016.

"You would be hard pressed to look at these results and identify an emerging top tier in the Republican field, let alone a so-called front runner," said Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute.

View the full results at monmouth.edu.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/06/15/ben-carson-gop-poll/28782625/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #581 on: June 15, 2015, 08:13:53 PM »
the thing about ben carson is this... if you don't like his latest inflammatory remark, don't worry.  Wait another 15 minutes and it'll be replaced by another equally outlandish remark.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #582 on: June 16, 2015, 10:09:33 AM »
Trump Launches Campaign with Tea Party Playbook

“I would build a great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

New York — Real estate mogul and businessman Donald Trump announced he’s running for president at a private event in his own Trump Tower on 5th Avenue in New York City on Tuesday in front of dozens of reporters and media outlets.

Trump took the stage and promised to be a different type of candidate. While other presidential candidates have provided rhetoric, he promised to implement policies. “If I’m elected president,” he announced, “we will make America great again.”

To begin with, “we have to repeal Obamacare,” he said, adding that Obamacare’s biggest effects won’t begin until President Obama is safely out of office and, Trump says, on the golf course. That said, he also noted he owns several golf courses, and he invited President Obama to feel free to retire early and play them instead of finishing out his term.

He promised to bring jobs back to the United States, and crack down on illegal immigration from Mexico. Trump promised to “immediately terminate President Obama’s executive order on immigration.” And that’s not all.

“I would build a great wall on our southern border,” he added, “and I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

He also promises to beef up the military by finding “the guy, the Gen. Patton or Gen. MacArthur” to lead it. He also vows to get tough with Iran. Unlike Secretary of State John Kerry, Trump says he knows how to negotiate a good deal.

He also took a jab at Jeb Bush. “Education has to be local,” Trump said, announcing he’ll staunchly oppose Common Core. Bush, who just announced yesterday, has supported Common Core.

“Our country is in serious trouble. We don’t have victories anymore,” Trump warned.

Trump said America needs him to beat China and keep the crime and drugs from over the border outside of the United States.

He said Islamic terrorism is eating up large portions of the Middle East.

“So now ISIS has the oil and what they don’t have, Iran has,” he warned.

Trump said he wants to have the strongest military and that America needs it now.

He also touted his business expertise, warning about the unemployment rate, GDP and America’s economy.

He also took a jab at Obamacare and the increasing deductibles which make it “useless” and “a disaster” waning that doctors are quitting.

Trump joins the already crowded field of GOP presidential candidates vying for the 2016 nomination.

His campaign message will be that he can make America great again.

“They will never make America great again,” Trump said of the career politicians, but suggests he can.

Trump chose to announce his formal 2016 White House run in Trump Tower because it’s symbolic. He says it shows his personal success and shows he can do the same for America. he says he’s proud of his success, and has employed “tens of thousands of people” over his career. When his financial statement is filed, Trump says, it will show he has $9.240 billion in assets. His net worth, after all debt, he says, is upward of $8.7 billion.

His daughter Ivanka Trump – who has followed in her father’s business footsteps – introduced him before he took the stage. She has publicly supported her father’s run for president, telling the Daily Mail recently that she supports him “wholeheartedly.”

She said he has employed tens of thousands of people and motivates them to achieve the impossible – leading everyone by example.

“My father is the opposite of politically correct,” she said, adding he is the best negotiator she’s ever met and bold, what America needs.

Following Trump’s formal announcement, he conducted one on one interviews with only a few reporters including Breitbart News’ Matthew Boyle.

Trump will also appear on Fox News with Bill O’Reilly this evening.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #583 on: June 16, 2015, 10:13:49 AM »
thank you, The Donald, for making the election fun again!
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #584 on: June 16, 2015, 11:13:27 AM »
“I would build a great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

Please god let this man become president ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #585 on: June 16, 2015, 11:25:05 AM »

Trump chose to announce his formal 2016 White House run in Trump Tower because it’s symbolic. He says it shows his personal success and shows he can do the same for America. he says he’s proud of his success, and has employed “tens of thousands of people” over his career. When his financial statement is filed, Trump says, it will show he has $9.240 billion in assets. His net worth, after all debt, he says, is upward of $8.7 billion.

:o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #586 on: June 16, 2015, 12:25:27 PM »
Poll: Jeb Bush Has Handicap in 2016 Race — His Last Name

Image: Poll: Jeb Bush Has Handicap in 2016 Race — His Last Name   (Steve Nesius/Reuters) 
By Bill Hoffmann   
Tuesday, 16 Jun 2015

What's in a surname? If you're Jeb Bush, it could be the difference between life in the White House and a failed presidential bid.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey has found the Sunshine State's former governor comes with a downside that the other Republican candidates he faces don't have.

His famous last name.

The survey reveals that 43 percent of likely voters say they are less likely to vote for Bush due to the fact that his father, George H.W. Bush, and brother George W. Bush both served as president.

But another 15 percent said they are more likely to vote for Jeb Bush because of the Bush dynasty's political stature.

Thirty-nine percent of those polled said the Bush name would have no impact on their vote. Three percent weren’t sure.

The survey of 1,000 likely voters was conducted June 14 and 15, 2015 by Rasmussen, with a sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Jeb-Bush-last-name-George-H-WBush-George-WBush/2015/06/16/id/650759/#ixzz3dFrFAweA

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #587 on: June 18, 2015, 09:06:48 AM »
Reuters Poll: Walker Favorite of Republican Conservatives

Image: Reuters Poll: Walker Favorite of Republican Conservatives (Dave Kaup/Reuters)
Thursday, 18 Jun 2015

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is the clear favorite of conservative voters as he readies an expected bid for the Republican Party's presidential nomination in 2016, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll.

Walker has gained little traction among the moderate voters who account for the majority of the party, the poll shows. But his strength on the right gives him a good base of support, analysts said.

"It's never bad to be the most conservative guy in a Republican primary fight - he could win the nomination that way. The question is can he do so in a way that does not alienate moderates?" said David Yepsen, director of the Paul Simon Public Policy Institute at Southern Illinois University.

Walker and Texas Senator Ted Cruz can each claim about a quarter of the most conservative party members, the poll shows. While ardent conservatives only account for 1 in 10 Republican voters, they are more likely to vote in primary contests and take an active role in politics. He also wins a large share of conservative-leaning voters who are less inclined to see every issue in terms of black and white.

Overall, 11 percent of Republicans say Walker is their pick to be the party's nominee for the November 2016 election, putting him in third place behind former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee.

Walker supporters said they admired his willingness to take on public-sector labor unions and govern as an uncompromising conservative in a politically competitive state.

"I think he did a commendable job fighting against the unions, I think the unions are just out of control," said poll respondent Don Oliphant, 49, a prison guard from Lewes, Delaware.

PROS AND CONS

Reuters surveyed 2,852 self-identified Republicans over the month of May and asked them about topics like health care and foreign policy as well as which candidate they liked best.

The results provide insight into an electorate that has been sharply divided over issues like immigration and upended by the grass-roots Tea Party movement. The online poll among all Republicans has a credibility interval of 2.1 percent. The credibility interval ranges from 3.2 percent to 7.1 percent for smaller groups broken out by the poll.

Though Walker does best among the most conservative voters, he also does well among those who are open to compromise on some issues. For example, he gets the support of 20 percent of those who have no interest in renewable energy but believe that not all illegal immigrants should be deported, 6 points ahead of any other candidate.

Walker gets the backing of only 7 percent of moderates, ranking below six other Republican candidates.

Wisconsin resident Duane Feustel, 58, said he supported Walker's fight against the unions but didn't like how budget cuts affected his wife's job helping people with disabilities.

"He's done what he's done for Wisconsin - there's pros and cons to it," said Feustel, an unemployed scrap-metal worker who backs Bush at this point in the race.

Walker's path to the nomination, if successful, would mark a shift for a party that in past elections has nominated candidates who draw their support from moderates, like Mitt Romney in 2012 and John McCain in 2008.

Republican strategists said Walker could pick up more support among moderates once he formally enters the race and voters start paying closer attention. But several questioned whether he will hold up to scrutiny, noting that he has already fumbled questions on evolution, religion and foreign policy.

"People are still projecting a lot on Scott Walker," said Craig Robinson, a former political director for the Iowa Republican Party. "He's everyone's favorite - we're not kicking the tires yet."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/walker-conservatives-favorite-2016/2015/06/18/id/651113/#ixzz3dQkDPt8W

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #588 on: June 18, 2015, 09:17:04 AM »
Dana Perino is terrific.  She is absolutely right (so to speak). 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #589 on: June 18, 2015, 11:17:37 AM »
Dana Perino is terrific.  She is absolutely right (so to speak). 

Trump says Bush is the stupidest president we've had.  So it'd make sense for his former press secretary to be the stupidest press secretary in american history also. 

unless you're saying Trump is wrong.   Bash no republican = reagan wisdom.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #590 on: June 18, 2015, 12:07:28 PM »
Trump says Bush is the stupidest president we've had.  So it'd make sense for his former press secretary to be the stupidest press secretary in american history also. 

unless you're saying Trump is wrong.   Bash no republican = reagan wisdom.

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #591 on: June 24, 2015, 09:28:23 AM »
GOP 2016ers battle for second in fundraising war
By Sara Murray, Theodore Schleifer and Tom LoBianco, CNN
Wed June 24, 2015

Washington (CNN) The money race for second place is on.

With a June 30 fundraising deadline drawing near, speculation over how much money Republican presidential candidates will collect is reaching a fever pitch. It's already clear that Jeb Bush will come out on top regardless of whether he hits or even surpasses the $100 million target many in the donor world set for the former Florida governor. The more interesting question, many donors and campaign operatives say, is who will come in second.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has an unusually broad donor list thanks to his highly publicized recall election and big dollar backers like Chicago Cubs co-owner Todd Ricketts. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio has worked meticulously to make inroads with prominent GOP fundraisers who aren't sold on Bush. And Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has drawn in small dollar donors, as well as the support of a handful of super PACs. A leader of the super PACs backing Cruz expects those groups and the official campaign committee to raise a combined $50 million by the end of the week.

"When it comes to fundraising in a presidential race, it's the expectation game," said Craig Robinson, a GOP activist in Iowa and editor of The Iowa Republican website. "Every candidate has a different bar they're going to have to clear."

READ: From living rooms to Lady Gaga, Clinton on aggressive fundraising push

The price tag to wage a competitive primary campaign is likely to come in well below $100 million. Republican fundraisers said if a candidate and allied groups can raise $10 million to $20 million by the end of the month, they will be viewed as credible rivals.

Anthony Scaramucci, the founder of SkyBridge Capital who is supporting Walker, said he expects Walker to raise $15 million to $22 million.

"There's a number that's enough and there's a number that's not enough," Scaramucci said. "The $20 million number is enough."

The best-positioned candidates should plan to barrel into Iowa with $20 million to $40 million in the bank between their campaign accounts and their super PACs, GOP strategists said.

A candidate could win the Iowa caucuses with as little as $2 million, Robinson said. And in New Hampshire, "there's sort of a practical limit on how much TV time you can buy," said Tom Rath, a GOP operative there.

But a bitter faceoff in Florida -- the home state of Bush and Rubio -- is a much more expensive proposition.

It could cost $20 million to $30 million, said Miami-Dade Republican Party Chairman Nelson Diaz, for candidates to cover the four major media markets and adapt to a new primary system due to the timing of the Florida contest. All of the state's delegates will be awarded to the winner of the March 15 primary, the earliest possible date when states can do so rather than divvying them up proportionally.

"Only one of them survives the encounter in Florida," said Steve Schmidt, who was the senior strategist for Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign in 2008.

All of this requires not only strong fundraising, but also disciplined spending. That's particularly true for Bush and Rubio. While other candidates may chart their course to victory by investing heavily in a single state, both contenders from Florida are expected to compete in several states simultaneously.

"Obviously we want to raise as much as we can and then be very careful about how we spend it," said Rubio spokesman Alex Conant. "We're not going to raise as much as the others."

READ: GOP candidates head to the border

Rubio will spend the rest of the month crisscrossing the country to average roughly one fundraiser a day. He'll do most of that on commercial flights while a lean staff keeps his campaign headquarters humming.

At a recent Bush fundraiser in Washington, donors forked over $2,700 per person to stand around tables munching on potato chips and croissant finger sandwiches as organizers sought to keep event overhead costs low.

"We understand that we're going to have to compete everywhere and that we're going to need the resources to compete everywhere," said Tim Miller, a spokesman for the Bush campaign. That requires building a campaign operation that's flush with cash and ready to spring into action when a number of states hold their contests on March 1.

The leader of Cruz's super PACs said the structure -- four separate organizations largely controlled by three donors -- allows them to minimize costs by tapping donors' own professional networks.

"Everybody thinks this structure, as it relates to us, is somehow limiting our capacity and there's a chokehold -- actually it's the opposite," said the group's leader. "I'm not going to have to buy a whole bunch of computers that I throw away at the end of this deal."

Candidates' overall fundraising totals will receive plenty of attention, but Republicans cautioned that every dollar isn't created equally. Many candidates will be able to stretch their dollars further than Bush, who has the biggest target on his back and will have to combat fatigue from his family name.

Frank VanderSloot, a GOP fundraiser in Idaho and chief executive of wellness company Melaleuca, said he views Bush, Walker and Rubio as the top tier of GOP candidates. At the moment, Rubio is his favorite.

Bush faces a tougher path because of his family legacies, VanderSloot said. At a recent board meeting for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Mr. VanderSloot said some business executives confessed they were uncomfortable with the idea of "crowning" another Bush president.

"There's a general feeling of we don't have a monarchy here," Mr. VanderSloot said.

Bush's unique hurdles help explain why he and his allies are pressing donors for big contributions right up to the fundraising deadline.

After wrapping up his official announcement in Florida, Bush hopped on a call with his finance director and donors and prodded them to give to his official campaign account, according to someone familiar with the call. Dave Kochel, the campaign's senior strategist, assured fundraisers that Bush would be a formidable competitor in the early states.

The super PAC supporting Bush has been making similar moves. On a call last week, Mike Murphy, who is running the group, encouraged donors to keep up their fundraising so he could "weaponize" their total.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/24/politics/2016-election-republican-fundraising/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #592 on: June 24, 2015, 09:30:57 AM »
Would like to see him in the field.  Interested to see how he performs with others if he can ever make it on the stage with them.

Bobby Jindal: The GOP Presidential Field Is 'Wide Open'

Image: Bobby Jindal: The GOP Presidential Field Is 'Wide Open' (REUTERS/Steve Nesius)
By Sandy Fitzgerald   |   
Wednesday, 24 Jun 2015

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, just hours before his expected presidential campaign announcement Wednesday afternoon, told Fox News that he knows he'll be facing a crowded field in a "wide open" race and vows to continue to fight against Obamacare.

"It's not a coronation ... the race is wide open," Jindal told "America's Newsroom" host Bill Hemmer. "If I listened to polls I never would have run for governor, I never would have done statewide school choice or privatized our hospitals in Louisiana."

Jindal said that he is the "only potential candidate that has offered a detailed plan" on replacing Obamacare, and also has detailed plans on education reform and how to get the nation to energy independence.

"We have a proven track record," he said. "We measure prosperity by how people are [in] the private sector, not the government sector."

Jindal will make his announcement at 5 p.m. in the New Orleans suburb of Kenner, and while he won't be officially a declared candidate until that time, the two-term governor, 44, has already traveled several times to early primary states, reports The Washington Post.

A devout Catholic and the son of Indian immigrants, Jindal argues that immigrants need to assimilate into American culture, complaining about people who identify themselves as "hyphenated Americans."

And he says that congressional Republicans too often surrender to President Barack Obama on immigration, healthcare reform and other major issues.

Obama, Jindal said on the Fox program, is "trying to turn the American dream into a nightmare. We need to not just send a Republican to Washington, we need somebody who will make big changes."

Even before the upcoming Supreme Court decision in the King v. Burwell case that will determine if Obamacare subsidies can continue, he said he believes that Republicans "need to repeal and replace" the act, as "the president has lied to us."

Obama has said his healthcare plan would reduce premiums and costs but that hasn't happened, said Jindal, pointing out that his own plan for the nation's healthcare will work much better.

Access to affordable healthcare must reduce costs, give affordability and choice, allow insurance sales to go across state lines, and allow people to join voluntary purchasing pools, said Jindal. Further, he called for expanded services through health savings accounts and a crackdown on frivolous lawsuits.

"We don't need government bureaucrats between doctors and their patients," said Jindal. "That's the fundamental mistake of Obamacare thinking Washington, D.C., knows best."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/bobby-jindal-campaign-gop-obamacare/2015/06/24/id/651960/#ixzz3dzvNrDN8

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #593 on: June 24, 2015, 11:08:34 AM »
Jindal = creepy as fck.  he doens't walk, he slinks.  He has a scary eye and makes others uncomfortable.  not easy on the eyes, and if anyone still lives in the radio age, you may not realize appearane is a major part of winning an election. 

jindal is great on paper and has a good career as a lawmaker if he can bring up his terrible approval ratings in his own state.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #594 on: June 24, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »
Fuck... Bobby Jindal. Another bad candidate with a poor track record on things that matter (Higher taxes? Check!) and a great record on the things that don't (Praise Jesus? Check!)

I'm generally very unhappy over the quality of candidates from the GOP side. I can't name a single candidate that I'd be happy to vote for and only one or two that I'd be OK to vote for while holding my nose. Given the choices presented so far, and with an eternity still to go before election night, I'm concerned that the GOP will lose the 2016 election - an election that's practically theirs.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #595 on: June 24, 2015, 12:02:43 PM »
Fuck... Bobby Jindal. Another bad candidate with a poor track record on things that matter (Higher taxes? Check!) and a great record on the things that don't (Praise Jesus? Check!)

I'm generally very unhappy over the quality of candidates from the GOP side. I can't name a single candidate that I'd be happy to vote for and only one or two that I'd be OK to vote for while holding my nose. Given the choices presented so far, and with an eternity still to go before election night, I'm concerned that the GOP will lose the 2016 election - an election that's practically theirs.

all the shit candidates will wash out the message of the few good ones, like cruz or rand paul. 

nobody will hear cruz saying we need to cut down the spending, they'll hear trump screaming and ranting about silly stuff.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #596 on: June 24, 2015, 12:03:34 PM »
all the shit candidates will wash out the message of the few good ones, like cruz or rand paul. 

nobody will hear cruz saying we need to cut down the spending, they'll hear trump screaming and ranting about silly stuff.

You will understand if I don't classify Ted Cruz as a "good one"...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #597 on: June 24, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »

I like Jindal, but one of my good friends just told me that he not only thinks Hillary will win, but that we'll never have another Republican president. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #598 on: June 24, 2015, 12:35:32 PM »
I like Jindal, but one of my good friends just told me that he not only thinks Hillary will win, but that we'll never have another Republican president. 

obama (and the repubs) just let amnesty happen.  Four million new voters who are mostly dems. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #599 on: June 24, 2015, 12:57:10 PM »
obama (and the repubs) just let amnesty happen.  Four million new voters who are mostly dems. 

False and embellished again.