Author Topic: Honestly, how many times can you rep 225? BENCH PRESS  (Read 28342 times)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: Honestly, how many times can you rep 225? BENCH PRESS
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2013, 07:27:09 AM »
seen some funny accident videos in youtube..people pushing to the limit with no spotter...just not very smart... ;D at least with 2 Dumbbells you can drop them, preferably not on your face...lol smith machine is ok.. i just do what ever to get the job done... i had a woman the other day who could not push 4.5kg on a machine press....no joke

I work out at home. I do any form of benching in my power rack. Not a big fan of having a spotter's sweaty balls hovering over my face. To each his own I suppose.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2013, 07:31:42 AM »
I work out at home. I do any form of benching in my power rack. Not a big fan of having a spotter's sweaty balls hovering over my face. To each his own I suppose.
OK if you got a rack then it´s great. I use the smith machine in the gym.. at home i do not have a rack but get one of my boys to spot me...or i will do parallel bar dips and superset them with push ups or flys

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2013, 07:34:21 AM »
OK if you got a rack then it´s great. I use the smith machine in the gym.. at home i do not have a rack but get one of my boys to spot me...or i will do parallel bar dips and superset them with push ups or flys

Yeah, it always pays to workout safely. The power rack was probably the best investment I've made on workout equipment, after the weights themselves that is.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2013, 07:38:44 AM »
Yeah, it always pays to workout safely. The power rack was probably the best investment I've made on workout equipment, after the weights themselves that is.
i should have got one myself and saved money and space...

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2013, 09:01:03 AM »

Yeah. I have a squat stand that I use for everything. It has safety spotter arms. A great investment.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2013, 10:28:25 AM »
Yeah. I have a squat stand that I use for everything. It has safety spotter arms. A great investment.

wow is this your homegym?

you must be loaded to have such a big house

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »
nice home gym....

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2013, 11:56:57 AM »
so we just did machine flys instead and some triceps...her triceps were nonexistent. whined all the time and i felt like saying just fuck off... ;D but being the caliber of man i am i just smiled at her...she was 48 and really was a pain... i trained 2 Gay guys after that...they were funny.. and had humour...

Some gay guys can be a pain at the gym too. A friend of mine who is gay, wanted to me to "teach" him how to workout. So for several months, he was my training partner at the gym. He has always been a little scrawny guy. We were horribly mismatched. We spent most of our time taking plates off for him and then putting them on for me. He whined all the time, saying things like "I can't do it." or "It's too heavy." It was fucking embarrassing at times. Fortunately he lost interest and that was that.

If you ever need a car, computer or anything else mechanical fixed, he's the go to guy for this. This is where he shines. He didn't shine at the gym. I met him when he was seventeen and he came to work at a television rental place where I worked as a credit manager and skip tracer. He could repair any television, despite that he was high on pot most of the time. Unfortunately, he has become a recluse as he's grown older so my wife and I rarely see him.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2013, 12:57:13 PM »
wow is this your homegym?

you must be loaded to have such a big house

I do well. I hate commercial gyms so I have spent thousands getting my home gym into something that won't make me miss a big box gym.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2013, 03:06:38 PM »
  Most gyms do not want us to film   so how do we get around this?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2013, 03:09:11 PM »
  Most gyms do not want us to film   so how do we get around this?
Just pretend your texting  ;)

I take video's at 2 in the morning, at that time no one is around and no one cares.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2013, 03:12:13 PM »
please consider smith rack doesnt count ;D
Smith machines serves it's purpose but it is watered down weight for some reason, not the actual weigh but it is simply easier. For example I see a lot of people throw 3 plates and rep it for shoulders on Smith and I have never seen someone rep 3 plates for shoulders on a regular Olympic bar.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2013, 03:16:36 PM »
  11am     on his iphone    at body builders gym

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2013, 05:00:14 PM »
Smith machines serves it's purpose but it is watered down weight for some reason, not the actual weigh but it is simply easier. For example I see a lot of people throw 3 plates and rep it for shoulders on Smith and I have never seen someone rep 3 plates for shoulders on a regular Olympic bar.

The reason that it is easier is because the movement is strict and one does not have to worry about balance. In my opinion, it also seems easier because you aren't worrying about dropping the weight on yourself. Of course some folks are really "old school" and believe the only way to go is with free weights. I say whatever works for you is what you should be doing.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2013, 05:43:13 PM »
I just did 101 reps Bick Dicked Bob can verify.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2013, 05:48:00 PM »
I just did 101 reps Bick Dicked Bob can verify.

On his dick?

EatShizzel

• Getbig II
  • I'm not cocky but my dick is
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2013, 09:02:14 PM »
25 times last week, my best ever. It's also my current body weight.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2013, 09:32:43 PM »
2 perfect ones   flat bench barbell

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »
i did 10 close grip for triceps with 220 couple days ago.

however, im sometimes stronger at closegrip than at normal bench, weird i know, but the triceps kinda overshadows everything.

all arms and abs 8)

damn, I can't fucking do that lol

randy841

• Getbig III
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2013, 11:31:20 PM »
I believe I have done that many reps or more with this weight without the assist of PED's. Are you sure you really need them?

Sure you have.

We are talking barbell loaded bench press - NOT machines

PED? Yaa, i really need them.

« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »
I do all my flat bench presses on the Isolateral Machine. That way, I won't accidentally drop the weight on my neck and choke to death....aw shucks, someone said.

Yet, you are trying to impress us with 225lb on isolateral a machine. Really?

Give it a break.

I could lie and give much higher numbers too.

Done freestyle like cswol i can pull out about 30 reps with that 225lb
at a much much lower weight.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2013, 11:45:04 PM »

Yet, you are trying to impress us with 225lb on isolateral a machine. Really?

Give it a break.

I could lie and give much higher numbers too.

Done freestyle like cswol i can pull out about 30 reps with that 225lb
at a much much lower weight.

Lies aren't impressive in my book. I think you missed the point if you thought I intended to impress anyone. I never said I was strong. The bench press has always been a challenge for me.

It appears you have yet to master the art of quoting someone. Half the comments within the quote are from you and not from me. Did you mean to quote yourself?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2013, 01:08:56 AM »
i did 10 close grip for triceps with 220 couple days ago.

however, im sometimes stronger at closegrip than at normal bench, weird i know, but the triceps kinda overshadows everything.

all arms and abs 8)

This is me as well. Close grip is always stronger. Reps in the 300s are easy. Wide traditional grip and my shoulders feel like theyll explode.

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2013, 02:06:32 AM »
This is me as well. Close grip is always stronger. Reps in the 300s are easy. Wide traditional grip and my shoulders feel like theyll explode.
)

What kind of shoulder work do you do?

Standing military press (strict) in a power rack is a good exercise to strengthen the shoulders, I'm in the same boat as you and Gal although I can't
rep 300 on close grip, however when my military goes up so does my bench every time.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2013, 02:11:27 AM »
)

What kind of shoulder work do you do?

Standing military press (strict) in a power rack is a good exercise to strengthen the shoulders, I'm in the same boat as you and Gal although I can't
rep 300 on close grip, however when my military goes up so does my bench every time.

My arms and delts are prob my strongest/best developed parts....my chest lags though. I tend to stick with more dumbells for my chest days and try to go slow and deep. Flat barbell press has always hurt my shoulders no matter how heavy or light. I did chest yesterday and DB pressed the 130s for sets of 8 clean reps (no Cswol reps) and after that did some flat barbell and even 185 hurts. DBs are my bread and butter.

It's made good progress over the years but still a tough bodypart. It's AKA Evan Centopanni Syndrome.  :D

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2013, 02:28:49 AM »
My arms and delts are prob my strongest/best developed parts....my chest lags though. I tend to stick with more dumbells for my chest days and try to go slow and deep. Flat barbell press has always hurt my shoulders no matter how heavy or light. I did chest yesterday and DB pressed the 130s for sets of 8 clean reps (no Cswol reps) and after that did some flat barbell and even 185 hurts. DBs are my bread and butter.

It's made good progress over the years but still a tough bodypart. It's AKA Evan Centopanni Syndrome.  :D

It's good that you know what works and what dosen't for your body, most people would just stubbornly bang away for years until something gives, you have shoulder pain when doing Barbell bench so you stick to dumbells, that's smart training.

Have you tried dumbell pullovers for chest, they were my favourite chest exercise in the past, after my compound movements (flat/incline press)
I would do 4 sets of 10 and they would just blow up, also I believe they were a favorite of Arnolds and the other bodybuilders of the era, I haven't done them in years since switching over to powerlifting but I always recommend them to the younger BB in the gym, very good exercise.