Author Topic: Tennessee atheists win right to distribute literature after schools give Bibles  (Read 91174 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
You're right, it won't because this country is primarily Christian, but I have a funny feeling you're lying saying that you wouldn't care.

You would. To say otherwise is just being disingenuous. You don't want to hear people praising satan or any other god and you know it.

You would care.

Well you can kiss where the sun doesn't shine.  I honestly don't care what you think. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Yep.  Also a firm believer in church-state separation.  

I think I understand your inability to see how your beliefs and practicing of those beliefs impact people who don't share your personal belief in a god or gods. That's why you aren't understanding the problem with it. Makes sense to me now. This is a common trait among believers in Christ where they feel other people who don't happen to share their belief in Christ should go buy hot dogs and otherwise occupy themselves while a group of you practice your religion at government and public events. I find it arrogance and unchrist like that people who follow him would insist on inconveniencing others so they can perform a ceremony Jesus himself taught NOT to do. Matthew 6:6 but hey, what the hell does Jesus know anyway right? You guys obviously know more than he did.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Jesus:

"When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. 7"And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.…

Christian : fuc$ off Jesus, we got this!

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Well you can kiss where the sun doesn't shine.  I honestly don't care what you think. 

Oh... you know this isn't true... for various reasons.

One being you just told me to kiss your backside... So you must care more than you claim.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I think I understand your inability to see how your beliefs and practicing of those beliefs impact people who don't share your personal belief in a god or gods. That's why you aren't understanding the problem with it. Makes sense to me now. This is a common trait among believers in Christ where they feel other people who don't happen to share their belief in Christ should go buy hot dogs and otherwise occupy themselves while a group of you practice your religion at government and public events. I find it arrogance and unchrist like that people who follow him would insist on inconveniencing others so they can perform a ceremony Jesus himself taught NOT to do. Matthew 6:6 but hey, what the hell does Jesus know anyway right? You guys obviously know more than he did.

Nah.  I'm just being very blunt about how hypersensitive anti-religious extremists can be.  It's one thing to complain about a government agency trying to force people to worship.  It's quite another to complain about anyone who dares express their faith.  The problem with your type is you just don't want to hear it and get offended when you do.  You just have to learn how to respect differences.  Or not, and just complain about it, file lawsuits, etc.  

I have participated in numerous services that directly contradict my faith.  Not once was I offended.  

I find it hilarious that atheists quote the Bible chapter and verse.   :)  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Oh... you know this isn't true... for various reasons.

One being you just told me to kiss your backside... So you must care more than you claim.

Aren't you supposed to be ignoring me?  Just can't help yourself can you?  lol   :)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Nah.  I'm just being very blunt about how hypersensitive anti-religious extremists can be.  It's one thing to complain about a government agency trying to force people to worship.  It's quite another to complain about anyone who dares express their faith.  The problem with your type is you just don't want to hear it and get offended when you do.  You just have to learn how to respect differences.  Or not, and just complain about it, file lawsuits, etc.  

I have participated in numerous services that directly contradict my faith.  Not once was I offended.  

Its more likely an atheist has actually read the bible... verses a Christian.. true story plus, Christians rarely follow the bible so someone has to remind them what it says

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Jesus:

"When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. 7"And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.…

Christian : fuc$ off Jesus, we got this!

Oh nos.  Another Bible-quoting atheist.  Where can I find a bible or book about the coming subterranean alien invasion?  I need to study it.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Its more likely an atheist has actually read the bible... verses a Christian.. true story plus, Christians rarely follow the bible so someone has to remind them what it says

Well we agree about too many Christians not reading the Bible. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
Aren't you supposed to be ignoring me?  Just can't help yourself can you?  lol   :)

I think I have been doing quite well.

You've been spouting off nonsense and I don't think I've responded to your ridiculousness in at least a week...

It's not easy when you say such asinine things of course, but I consider it a victory.

This is true.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

The hyper sensitive goes both ways.. Tell a "Christian" they can't have organized prayer before a council meeting and they piss themselves...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Oh nos.  Another Bible-quoting atheist.  Where can I find a bible or book about the coming subterranean alien invasion?  I need to study it.   :)

Thing is, you will completely ignore the fact Jesus taught against praying in the manner you advocate..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
The hyper sensitive goes both ways.. Tell a "Christian" they can't have organized prayer before a council meeting and they piss themselves...

Sometimes.  But what you don't see is Christians running around the country filing lawsuits claiming they are emotionally distressed about seeing or hearing something they don't believe exists.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Sometimes.  But what you don't see is Christians running around the country filing lawsuits claiming they are emotionally distressed about seeing or hearing something they don't believe exists.  

Christians believe everything exists... not a fair comparison

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Thing is, you will completely ignore the fact Jesus taught against praying in the manner you advocate..

O Rly?  What precisely did I advocate?  

And why do you care what Jesus taught when you don't believe he exists?  

And what teachings are you ignoring yourself, since you apparently like to read the Bible?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Christians believe everything exists... not a fair comparison

They do?  News to me. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
no doubt

Invisible omnipotent creator.
Angels.
6000 year old earth.
Humans Riding Dinosaurs

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
O Rly?  What precisely did I advocate?  

And why do you care what Jesus taught when you don't believe he exists?  

And what teachings are you ignoring yourself, since you apparently like to read the Bible?  

great point

you don't believe in Allah so I guess there is not reason to care what Muslims believe

same goes for any subject matter.

If you don't agree that it's valid then you don't have any reason to have any opinion about it

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
no doubt

So I take it you're not going to help me find the bible/book about the pending subterranean alien invasion? 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
great point

you don't believe in Allah so I guess there is not reason to care what Muslims believe

same goes for any subject matter.

If you don't agree that it's valid then you don't have any reason to have any opinion about it

Unless, the muslims are forcing their religious practices on you... or making it a mission to convert you, then you arm yourself with the knowledge contained in the book they believe god sent them.. and you are able to point out to them they aren't even following it so kindly stfu.. but nah.. that doesn't even work. They could really care less what the book their god gave them says, because after all, most Christians are in it for all the wrong reasons... status.. insurance, sheep mentality. when it gets down to it.. most Christians don't believe the bible, they just refer to it out of reflex since most were trained from babies that they are supposed to believe it. But when they don't even bother to read the book, that says a lot

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
So I take it you're not going to help me find the bible/book about the pending subterranean alien invasion? 

oh, you mean demons from hell...yes.. Christians believe in subterranean aliens who will invade earth

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
oh, you mean demons from hell...yes.. Christians believe in subterranean aliens who will invade earth

Really?  What part of the Bible says demons from hell are residing below the earth's surface?  I want the other book/bible that talks about the War of the Worlds invasion that is almost upon us. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Really?  What part of the Bible says demons from hell are residing below the earth's surface?  I want the other book/bible that talks about the War of the Worlds invasion that is almost upon us. 

I'll get that for you from your gods book tomorrow and post it .. stick with me, you'll learn the bible yet

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Unless, the muslims are forcing their religious practices on you... or making it a mission to convert you, then you arm yourself with the knowledge contained in the book they believe god sent them.. and you are able to point out to them they aren't even following it so kindly stfu.. but nah.. that doesn't even work. They could really care less what the book their god gave them says, because after all, most Christians are in it for all the wrong reasons... status.. insurance, sheep mentality. when it gets down to it.. most Christians don't believe the bible, they just refer to it out of reflex since most were trained from babies that they are supposed to believe it. But when they don't even bother to read the book, that says a lot

It was sarcasm

Bum seems to believe that atheists or people who don't believe in christianity have no right (or in his mind any logical reason) to criticize, comment etc.. on christianity or the actions of people in the name of christianity and that it's "silly" of them to comment on or have an issue with something that they don't even believe in