Author Topic: If you were God how would you exist for ever and ever  (Read 7137 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Re: If you were God how would you exist for ever and ever
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »
atleast we can rest assure for fact that his short term intentions are good , meaning that if we are an asshole and make bad decisions it will come back to us sooner or later in the form of bad karma

hopefully his short term earthly intentions for us are the same for the "long term"

drifting of to sleep feeling real satisfied and reassured, confident everything would go smoothly, that the hard work of creating the Earth and humans would pay off.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »
omnipotent means unlimited so yes it can imply making a statement both true and false
one conception of the term is the ability to do anythnig- even the logically impossible..     but not everyone accepts that definition.. or, better stated, not everyone believes that such a power can exist.. because if the logially impossible was possible.. then it wouldnt be impossible  :P  ;)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »
one conception of the term is the ability to do anythnig- even the logically impossible..     but not everyone accepts that definition.. or, better stated, not everyone believes that such a power can exist.. because if the logially impossible was possible.. then it wouldnt be impossible  :P  ;)

infinite and unlimited are not words they are questions at best and lackluster definitions at worst .

a man would say those words are synonymous with "never ending"  or " for ever" but that man would be wrong because never ending and forever are implying distance and measurmants undefined very much like and equation like 15z or 12x

hope this helps

A

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »
infinite and unlimited are not words they are questions at best and lackluster definitions at worst .

a man would say those words are synonymous with "never ending"  or " for ever" but that man would be wrong because never ending and forever are implying distance and measurmants undefined very much like and equation like 15z or 12x

hope this helps

:D  impressive johnny

but infinite and unlimited are too different terms, infinite is what unlimited allows for. but unlimited is not necessarily infinite. that being said.. neither apply solely to distance and measurements, but can be applied to any qualitative or quantitative category, or even every category.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »

As the testament states "For he put forth his guiding light and from the Ashes it rose, his very words on getbig.com, held tightly by his son, embodied by love and his very message, gh15, let no evil enter his soul."

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2012, 05:56:12 PM »
do you think you could keep yourself busy or do you think you would self destruct somewhere along the line

what if you couldnt kill yourself. look at it both ways
Maybe God doesnt has human emotions. That is why he sent jesus to live as a human.
A

Growth NOOB

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2012, 07:52:02 PM »
Yea, I used logic...go figure. 

You purposely dodged my questions in another thread where I questioned you about your faith (and you couldn't intelligently respond).

Here you say:

"He created time, so he cannot have a beginning or an ending."

Provide evidence to substantiate this claim.  Thanks.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2012, 07:58:11 PM »
do you think you could keep yourself busy or do you think you would self destruct somewhere along the line

what if you couldnt kill yourself. look at it both ways

We're spinning round on this ball of hate
There's no parole, there's no great escape
We're sentenced here until the end of days
And then my brother there's a price to pay

We're only human, we were born to die
Without the benefit of reason why
We live for pleasure - to be satisfied
And now it's over there's no place to hide

It's such a brutal planet
It's such a living hell
It was a holy garden
That's right where Adam fell
It's where the bite was taken
It's where we chose to sin
It's where we first were naked
This is where our death begins!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2012, 08:14:08 PM »
My death began immediately after I read that "poem" .  :(

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2012, 08:51:59 PM »
  If god exists he has the mother of all SIMS games going

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
  If god exists he has the mother of all SIMS games going
I hope not. I don't know anyone that after playing the sims for a while didnt get bored then levels the whole fucking place....
A

Growth NOOB

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »
I seriously doubt I could not "intelligently respond" to any question you might ask.  And I do not recollect what questions you are referring to, so feel free to jog my memory. 

It was in JohnnyFalcons thread regarding the bible.  You very conveniently stop responding.

Basic reasoning supports my claim.  If time was previously "non-existent", and God created time, then God cannot exist in time.  That is called logic. 

BTW, is this gimmick account that you are using belong to DEICIDE? 

I asked you for evidence.  No one is interested in what your reasoning is. 

"And if god created time"

So, for the last time, can you provide actual evidence to support your claims?  Because your reasoning is absolutely useless.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2012, 10:03:48 AM »
I hope not. I don't know anyone that after playing the sims for a while didnt get bored then levels the whole fucking place....

See what it mean

Growth NOOB

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »
What type of evidence are you wanting?  Proof that God exists?  Proof that he created time? 

You did not ask either of the above.  The question being asked was HOW can God exist forever (see thread title).  Only LOGIC can answer a question like that.  If you can't grasp that, then you do not understand the question.

And again, if you would like me to answer some other form of the question, then I suggest you plainly ask it.  Also, if there is something in Johnny's other thread I didnt answer, then please repost it here because I have no idea what you are talking about. 

Also, you never answered if you were DEICIDE.  Before responding to anything else you have to say, I would like an answer to THAT question.

Why are you having so much trouble with this?  I very clearly asked you for evidence to support your claims.    I'll copy and paste exactly what I said:

"He created time, so he cannot have a beginning or an ending."

Provide evidence to substantiate this claim.  Thanks.

Like I said before, I am not interested in your reasoning.  I am interested in actual evidence.  If you think claiming "He created time" is a question of logic, then you are either being deceitful or don't understand what we are discussing.

I have no idea what you are talking about regarding DECIDE and whatever that means.

Growth NOOB

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2012, 08:07:26 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=410760.msg5880685#msg5880685

Here is Falcons other thread about the Bible.  Please show me the questions you falsely accused me of dodging.

How can you miss it?  It's on the very first page, and I again asked you to respond as the last post in the thread.  How could there possibly be any confusion?  I quoted your post and asked you a question, then again asked you to respond.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2012, 09:18:05 PM »

I would hurt this so hard, GOD would feel it

Growth NOOB

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2012, 09:49:30 PM »

I have provided a clear answer as to how God can exist forever. 
If for example, I created water (meaning it was previously non-existant), then water could not have been around before I created it.  If God created time, then time could not have been around before he created it. 

What "evidence" you are looking for I do not know.  If you want a "time-stamped" document saying God created time at such and such a date I can't help you.  If you want an "eye-witness" account of the event I again cannot help you. 

You have not been specific on what type of evidence you are looking for, but in the type of question being asked, the only type of evidence that would apply is logic and reason. 

If you disagree, then provide EVIDENCE that God did NOT create time.

You could have just saved yourself all that typing and said, "no, I do not have evidence to support my claims". 

And sorry, you need to ditch the typical asinine theist tactic asking for evidence of a negative.  (you want evidence god did not create time).  I've been explaining it a lot lately, but I guess I'll say it again:  the person making the positive claim must provide the evidence.  You are making claims that your god exists and that he created everything.  The burden of proof is on you.  Why do you believe in something when you can't provide evidence to justify your claims?

Growth NOOB

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2012, 10:32:21 PM »
You are unable to even provide a clear question.  I have answered HOW God exists outside of time.  What you want is evidence of God's existance period.  You state what you are REALLY asking in the above quote.  

There is no burden of proof "on me" as you put it.  I am not the one "asking the questions".  I know what I believe, and I know why.

If you were walking through the woods and found a computer, would you say, "Wow, look what magically got here on it's own after billions of years of evolution"?  NO.  You would say, "There must have been someone who CREATED this computer."  Logic dictates that it could not have made itself.  So if I look around at the world we live in, the same logic would apply.  There MUST be a CREATOR.  

Everyone believes something.  It's amazing that you are so skeptical of what I believe, even though there is logic to back it up, yet if you were to examine your OWN beliefs you might find that logic and reason are somewhat lacking or non-existant.  

Go ahead and tell me where this world came from and how we got here according to your beliefs.  

I can't provide a clear question?  I had to repeat myself at least 3 times.  It is you who apparently can't even read because I asked you two different times in the other thread and you claim you didn't realize it.

So, still, you can't provide evidence to support your claim.  Like I said numerous times, your logic and reasoning are irrelevant.  I can replace god with any other imaginary being and it will be equally meaningless.  Your logic is useless.

And now you propose the Watchmaker Argument?  Arguably one of the most easily dismissable arguments theists have been using?  I'm actually surprised you would even try such a silly argument.  Do you know why you recognize the computer in the forest?  Because you know and have seen for many years people creating computers.  It is such a ridiculous argument it is laughable.  You are comparing the computer, claiming it is obviously designed, against the forest.  However, you are ultimately arguing that the forest was created by some sort of intelligence, yet the computer would be recognizable against the design of the forest?! It is a stupid argument for so many reasons.  You claim "Logic dictates that it could not have made itself," however, that is precisely what you are claiming your god is.  How come your god gets to skip this step?  The computer/forest needed to be "created" by something more complex, then the actual "creator" would need an even more complex creator, leaving you with an infinite regression.  It truly is a very poorly thought out argument, and like I said, it has been dismissed for a long time now.

I could give you an explanation up to the Big Bang on how we got here.  Other than that, we currently don't know.  However, having some intellectual integrity, I won't go around just making shit up to suit some Iron Age book that I have been indoctrinated in.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2012, 11:46:09 PM »
the normal laws of existance dont apply to me i have already exceeded and succeded all expectations i can only imagine what is next and what the potential for me will be because surely i have a near flawless grasp on this life ie; i treat everyone wonderfully, i work hard and am greatful for my existence.

some would say i have a smart mouth but that is far outweighed by my good efforts. I beleive god would have a smart mouth too but yet still get the job done, sometimes having a smart mouth is a good way to provoke relaxed minded people into a progressive state.

And clearly you have no problem with having a rather large ego either. That being said, if your outlook on life is what you say it is, you are doing great!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2012, 11:48:14 PM »
a man that only shakespeare is destined to be jealous of the great captian de falcone

Pure ego.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2012, 11:50:54 PM »
copy and paste from where, you moron?

Exactly! It is a scary thought that someone else might think like you do. Glad to know you are one of a kind.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2012, 12:04:19 AM »
I must admit that about halfway through this thread I stopped reading the posts. All this discussion about whether God exists or not seems rather pointless to argue. If you believe God exists or you don't it doesn't mean you are a good person or not.

A more worthy exercise would be for each of us to ask ourselves everyday, what am I going to do today to make myself a better person and the world a better place for all. If you're not doing that, you're missing the point of your being.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2012, 12:48:37 AM »
I believe in a positive effect and a negative effect. No two having more power than the other in the whole scheme of things. However, I do believe there are spikes and valleys of each. If someone or something becomes too "positive", they/that will create a negative effect greater than neutral. Tim Tebow/Oprah/Tom Cruise is prime example of someone trying to push out above standard "positive" vibes. Short lived and fools gold at work. You can't fool science.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2012, 01:01:38 AM »
I believe in a positive effect and a negative effect. No two having more power than the other in the whole scheme of things. However, I do believe there are spikes and valleys of each. If someone or something becomes too "positive", they/that will create a negative effect greater than neutral. Tim Tebow/Oprah/Tom Cruise is prime example of someone trying to push out above standard "positive" vibes. Short lived and fools gold at work. You can't fool science.

I suspect most of us aren't in danger of becoming too positive in our thinking, celebrity propaganda notwithstanding. I strive to be positive. I am not always successful though. One thing I suffer is feelings of insecurity. I can rationalize that there is no reason for this and yet I sometime still feel very insecure. This is a negative emotion. Perhaps it helps keep me "balanced" I don't know.

I have little time for Oprah, not that there is anything wrong with her as far as I know, and there is something decidedly weird seeming about Tom Cruise. Generally, I suspect celebrities are not the best example of what most of us view as having a normal life. There are probably some exceptions to this, but they would be the folks who avoid the limelight and not the ones who bask in it.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2012, 04:20:30 AM »
I suspect most of us aren't in danger of becoming too positive in our thinking, celebrity propaganda notwithstanding. I strive to be positive. I am not always successful though. One thing I suffer is feelings of insecurity. I can rationalize that there is no reason for this and yet I sometime still feel very insecure. This is a negative emotion. Perhaps it helps keep me "balanced" I don't know.

I have little time for Oprah, not that there is anything wrong with her as far as I know, and there is something decidedly weird seeming about Tom Cruise. Generally, I suspect celebrities are not the best example of what most of us view as having a normal life. There are probably some exceptions to this, but they would be the folks who avoid the limelight and not the ones who bask in it.
Sure, there is. Her whole mentality/belief system that is you believe strongly/positively enough in something, and work hard enough, that all the world's riches will just fall into your lap. Creepy, misguided mythologizing.