Author Topic: I am screwed!  (Read 6167 times)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
I am screwed!
« on: July 14, 2006, 05:24:26 AM »
Qucik scenerio, I went from a complete bodybuilding physique, to a overtrained, malnutrieshed state over the course of 4 years...starting doing triatholon after traiatholn and found myself from 220, to 160 and weaker than shit.....my diet sucked, as it was 100% clean, but lacking in cals cause I was so overtrained and never hungry....used to bench 225 for easy 15, now it's  a struggle with 135........how does this happen?  my test levels are below the floor and I would diet to get back to where I was....doesnt help training 7 days a week, I know, but would love some help!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: I am screwed!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 05:51:35 AM »
Overtraining + under eating = Small weak man

8)

BigIronMike25

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 06:42:08 AM »
BRO~  youre makin this too hard!!  it aint rocket science....Youve gotta eat BIG (by BIG i mean huge quantities of good clean food with some cheat meals mixed in once a week or so)....it doesnt matter if your hungry or NOT hungry thats irrelevant if you really wanna grow....Eat because its time and bc youre body needs the nutrients to grow and progress not because whether or not you feel like it.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 07:29:09 AM »
to add to the above post, don't try to go from zero to 60 in the first week, eat more a little at a time. like training think of it as stages, move up a few hundred calories at a time don't jump up 3000 in your first week.same as when you were going down (eating clean small meals many times a day) do it in reverse add more carbs and protein to your many meals to get your body used to eating more and not converting it strait to fat.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 08:06:01 AM »
I know I can beat this f-ing thing with your help, but this will be my last attempt before I seek counciling.......I promise.   Physc. just dont know what's it's like to a bopdybuilder and eat like one......Help me out with this one last time and I swear to you, if it doesnt work, I'm done........How do you get over the mental aspect of getting fat?  Every am, I check out my abs and if they look faded, I get depressed...then I see some dude who has a show coming up in 10 days who says he is 6% and I swear I have sharper abs, so I guess my outlook on physiques is flawed as no one really has diced abs, unoess they are on stage....the problem I have is I feel bloated all the time which makes me feel fat....even if I only consume 2,000 - I dont know what it is, maybe is the gum I chew, maybe the oats, maybe it's my back problems, that just makes me feel fat and now I feel like I'm getting skinny fat which is worse...sure I have abs, but are they really abs?  I mean at 160, wouldnt anyone have abs?  Wont they be even better when I'm 200lbs with muscle again?

Here is my dilemma, help me understand this.....if I go all out and just eat my ass off...95% CLEAN, JUST eating when I'm hungry, minimum every 3 hours, will I get stronger and build more muscle?  Or will it all be stored as fat since my joints are weak and I cant go as heavy as I want.....will the weights increase as the scale moves?  Much thanks fellas!

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 08:25:47 AM »
I know I can beat this f-ing thing with your help, but this will be my last attempt before I seek counciling.......I promise.   Physc. just dont know what's it's like to a bopdybuilder and eat like one......Help me out with this one last time and I swear to you, if it doesnt work, I'm done........How do you get over the mental aspect of getting fat?  Every am, I check out my abs and if they look faded, I get depressed...then I see some dude who has a show coming up in 10 days who says he is 6% and I swear I have sharper abs, so I guess my outlook on physiques is flawed as no one really has diced abs, unoess they are on stage....the problem I have is I feel bloated all the time which makes me feel fat....even if I only consume 2,000 - I dont know what it is, maybe is the gum I chew, maybe the oats, maybe it's my back problems, that just makes me feel fat and now I feel like I'm getting skinny fat which is worse...sure I have abs, but are they really abs?  I mean at 160, wouldnt anyone have abs?  Wont they be even better when I'm 200lbs with muscle again?

Here is my dilemma, help me understand this.....if I go all out and just eat my ass off...95% CLEAN, JUST eating when I'm hungry, minimum every 3 hours, will I get stronger and build more muscle?  Or will it all be stored as fat since my joints are weak and I cant go as heavy as I want.....will the weights increase as the scale moves?  Much thanks fellas!

bro, just come over to the steroid forum and we will be glad to help you. For this type of problem with appetite and wanting to gain size.....hmmmm---- I would say: 10 weeks of equipoise along with 12 weeks of sustanon. You could even eat a little d-bol in the front...... This will be a good way for you to gain 30 pounds. Hell, If you ran two cycles, you could be better off than 220!     ;D
ah yeah Im a voodo child

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 08:37:52 AM »
I see and have met quite a few Tri athletes and most are fairly muscular and healthy looking. If you have been training yourself (which it sounds like you have) than fire yourself and get ahold of someone who knows what their doing in the way of training. May want to start with the diet. Tri's down here in the San Deigo area get a daily calorie intake of 4000 to 8000 a day, way more when training for a event. But the calories are dense and high quality. It sounds like your body is feeding upon it's self (muscles & internal organs take a loss in this regard) which also means the whole chemical balance is off. Take a few weeks rest and see a doctor, like yesterday. You may need a whole new thinking to your training goals and what you really want out of training. Good Luck.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 09:00:32 AM »
Qucik scenerio, I went from a complete bodybuilding physique, to a overtrained, malnutrieshed state over the course of 4 years...starting doing triatholon after traiatholn and found myself from 220, to 160 and weaker than shit.....my diet sucked, as it was 100% clean, but lacking in cals cause I was so overtrained and never hungry....used to bench 225 for easy 15, now it's  a struggle with 135........how does this happen?  my test levels are below the floor and I would diet to get back to where I was....doesnt help training 7 days a week, I know, but would love some help!

What are your current goals?

If you aim to become really good in endurance sports, then keeping the carb intake extremely low during training periods is the latest recommendations - "Train low, compete high" (Saltin).

If you want to build muscles, or just are doing tri's for the hell of it, and wants to be muscular at the same time, then a slightly different philosophy would be recommended.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 08:37:39 AM »
Its all ok...hired a top notch trainer........goal is to compete in my first local bb show, 15 months till countdown!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 08:53:04 AM »
top notch trainer?!?! OH NO! That's one of the worst things you can do. How do you know he's a good trainer? Cause he has certifications? anyone can get them... it's just a test and information in those things is usually gay. most of the are even TAKE HOME TESTS. I had the ACE textbook... it was so much BS I couldn't believe it. 12% protein... TONS of biology, hardly anything about training. food pyramid... pure garbage for nerds who wanna look like they're smart. Dude you're just having a meltdown... pull yourself together man! you know how it is you lost all that muscle... just do the opposite to gain it back... it will take time. just eat like a man and stop the gay cardio you have been doing for years now. don't worry you won't die. the heart still beats when you lift. also don't overtrain. if you're that weak and small now you can't handle long workouts and especially not 2x a day training. just eat well, rest a lot and watch how you will grow. don't worry so much about methods.. just do it.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 09:38:11 AM »
enough from you man..thnx

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 02:15:42 PM »
enough from you man..thnx

Keep us updated mang.

And again, good luck.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 05:45:23 PM »
but just chill man.. you're making yourself crazy

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 06:02:35 PM »
Stop working out!! Serious advice Ive been there.

You need to help your system, you have overtrained your body and now not much works. Pumps are not good, body shape is not what it used to be, and muscles get tired easier. Youve put your body through a flight or fight situation and now it knows what to do to "do less" and your spinning your wheels.

Here is what I did, hated it but loved it afterwards. Take 2 months off, OFF just be normal, eat healthy with plenty of good food.
Your body will morph you will feel like crap and get kinda soft, but that just means it's working.
You need to find another hobby, something anythign just not to much activity.

Your drive for weights will grow and then you can hit the gym and just do a moderate routine, and it will work and work fast.

Your also deppressed and feeling down, negative mind influence hurts the body and mind ALOT. Pick up a book and enjoy outside, if you cant handle not going to the gym at all then just do so 1x per week

Ive been there and then there with injuries and this is the best recipe for getting your body back in shape, after overtraining, and  after going through contest prep that lasted to long

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 06:38:25 PM »
If you knew what you were doing back in the day when you did 225 for 15, you'll know how to get back there.
bodybuildersreality.com

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 06:50:20 PM »
at this point i think it is psychotic.  i suggest a lobotomy.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 06:56:32 PM »
rest is the best suggestion, bt 2 months is extreme....I am done with cardio which should really help the situation.  No looking at mirrors, no scales.....1/2 the battle.  I will weigh myself monday (today 158) and friday and avg.....2-3lbs is the MOST I will allow myself in a given week or I cut back.  Anything more than that (after the first week of h20) is fat....

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 10:16:37 AM »
rest is the best suggestion, bt 2 months is extreme....I am done with cardio which should really help the situation.  No looking at mirrors, no scales.....1/2 the battle.  I will weigh myself monday (today 158) and friday and avg.....2-3lbs is the MOST I will allow myself in a given week or I cut back.  Anything more than that (after the first week of h20) is fat....
Extreme measures for extreme situations.
It's all in your mind the reason for the long layoff, is to come to grips with reality about your body and build up enourmous dedication and getting hungry, once you ditch the gym get your life and mind in extreme order then your body will follow suit.

Good point mirrors and scales will screw your head up, sometimes, make you negative attitude you just got to keep focus, things take time.
Try to look up some relaxtion techniques.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 10:32:41 AM »
I'm slated to be on a schedule where my pw shake comes as soon as I finish training of whey, dextrose and pie filling.  1 scoop whey, 50g of each carb source.  Then within that "magic window of 45 minutes, I kick in another scoop of whey, another 50g of dext, and drop the pie filling for a cup of oats.  Then one hour later, I have a good size meal of a meat with a little more fats (dozen eggs, using 2-3 yolks, or salmon and chicken etc.) and 2 cups of rice.  THEN..........I have a boatload of almonds/walnuts with a cup of cottage cheese and a casein shake as I crawl into bed.  Long story short, what do you think about this magical approach for someone trying to put on some lean mass, at 6'2, 170lbs?  Time frame from the time I drop the last set weight till the time I climb into bed in 6pm - 930/10pm.........thoughts?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 11:46:34 AM »
I'm slated to be on a schedule where my pw shake comes as soon as I finish training of whey, dextrose and pie filling.  1 scoop whey, 50g of each carb source.  Then within that "magic window of 45 minutes, I kick in another scoop of whey, another 50g of dext, and drop the pie filling for a cup of oats.  Then one hour later, I have a good size meal of a meat with a little more fats (dozen eggs, using 2-3 yolks, or salmon and chicken etc.) and 2 cups of rice.  THEN..........I have a boatload of almonds/walnuts with a cup of cottage cheese and a casein shake as I crawl into bed.  Long story short, what do you think about this magical approach for someone trying to put on some lean mass, at 6'2, 170lbs?  Time frame from the time I drop the last set weight till the time I climb into bed in 6pm - 930/10pm.........thoughts?

Here's my thoughts:

Your postworkout drink: 25 grams of protein with somewhere around 60+60 grams of carbs (dextrose + maltodextrin)

After 45-60 minutes, eat your first meal. Brown rice (lots of it) and some protein source, salmon is great. Tuna, chicken too. Red meat is great as well. Lots of vegetables as well. If this meal is low fat, drink a table spoon or two of virgin olive oil.

Another 60-90 minutes passes, and eat another big meal, a LITTLE lower in carbs and higher in protein. Not by all that much though.

Just some suggestions.

In short: You need to eat complex, good carbs post workout. And lots of them. In the post workout drink, get lots of fast carbs and some protein, no fat.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 12:13:03 PM »
lol...isnt that what I posted??????/// ::)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 06:34:45 PM »

I used this method after my layoff. You want to drink the dextrose first, in my case I opted for apple juice, then down your whey. Later on I switched to oatmeal and cherry pie filling. 1/4 cup of oatmeal, 1/4 to 1/2 cup of pie filling, but I took slin.
Breakast constisted of 10 egg whites 2 olks fried, 2 pieces of toast with sugar jam 2 tbs,this taken along with apple juice after workouts, later on I switch to oatmeal and scramble my eggs, and use oatmeal instead of toast.
But what time do you get up in the morning? Climb into bed at 6pm? Damn bro early.
Maybe you need to wind down at 6pm and cut off meals until your pre bed meal.
Yeah the cottage cheese and almonds/chashews taste good throw in sugar free jelly and it's great as a sugar craver,cottage cheese in form is hard and takes long to digest, so casein is fine I just take in egg and whey mix,and let the cottage cheese stand in for the casein.

Hope the new outlook does good, just stick to it, takes some time to see results but you will like the results of the pie filling, taste good and fills you up muscles and stomach, so your not to hungry all the time.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 06:40:02 PM »
lol...isnt that what I posted??????/// ::)

Sorry mate.

I might have misread you, looked to be a bit low on the carbs in the meals postworkout, and overall fairly low carb too.

JMO

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 07:10:10 PM »
it's almost 2,200 cals in 4 meals within 2 hours.....i'm only 160.....but at 6'2, guess thats sad!

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 08:00:38 AM »
ur on the right track lots of clean food min every 2hrs, short 30-50min VERY intense workouts. u cant go wrong! I also went through the same thing beeing 5'11 190lbs and droping to 160lbs. I was doing army servival training =Under eating and marathon cardio.
I just got back up to 185lbs cut so dont sweat it u'll get back there np! It's a sucky feeling tho i know!
P