Author Topic: Retired Pro Displaying the Least Sides from AAS Usage?  (Read 5688 times)

Method101

• Getbig V
Re: Retired Pro Displaying the Least Sides from AAS Usage?
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2008, 03:11:06 PM »
:D :D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »
Kevin Levrone didn't use much insulin and it shows! Now I can't prove this statement, but I think I've become decent in telling who has done it and who hasn't. Two of the early mass monsters who revolutionalized bodybuilding with insulin use were Dorian and Nasser, and both look much older than they are, and both have bellies. Levrone doesn't have a belly and looks 5-6 years younger than he ought to look, so I'm gonna guess that he didn't use much. Probably didn't use much HGH either because he never really got huge in the offseason, which meant he'd already be lean to start.

And insult Kevin all you like. Sure he's 185 now, but still probably in better shape than most of you will ever be. That's just natural bodybuilding for you.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 03:16:59 PM »
Tim are you getting married? Whos the lucky fella?

I've had two proposals!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 03:18:16 PM »
Kevin Levrone didn't use much insulin and it shows! Now I can't prove this statement, but I think I've become decent in telling who has done it and who hasn't. Two of the early mass monsters who revolutionalized bodybuilding with insulin use were Dorian and Nasser, and both look much older than they are, and both have bellies. Levrone doesn't have a belly and looks 5-6 years younger than he ought to look, so I'm gonna guess that he didn't use much. Probably didn't use much HGH either because he never really got huge in the offseason, which meant he'd already be lean to start.

And insult Kevin all you like. Sure he's 185 now, but still probably in better shape than most of you will ever be. That's just natural bodybuilding for you.

When I saw Kevin in clothes at the 2007 Arnold, he was about my height and weight exactly, but obviously 185 can look drastically different depending on the person.  Frankly, I thought he looked awesome.  He is also a few months older than Nasser but I think he looks younger.  I'm not sure how anyone can criticize Kevin too since he did walk around for years as one of the most muscular men on earth and he can surely get back to that level if he wanted to.  I will agree his response to drugs was phenomenal and he made a better juiced bodybuilder than a natural more than likely.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2008, 03:23:22 PM »
When I saw Kevin in clothes at the 2007 Arnold, he was about my height and weight exactly, but obviously 185 can look drastically different depending on the person.  Frankly, I thought he looked awesome.  He is also a few months older than Nasser but I think he looks younger.  I'm not sure how anyone can criticize Kevin too since he did walk around for years as one of the most muscular men on earth and he can surely get back to that level if he wanted to.  I will agree his response to drugs was phenomenal and he made a better juiced bodybuilder than a natural more than likely.

I don't agree. I think he'd be a good natural too. Remeber than most people can't weigh more than 190 at bf 6-7% naturally. Kevin also has low inserting muscle bellies that most people don't have.

Most people being critical of Kevin are same bitter idiots that are perma bulkers, or don't even have pictures.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 03:34:39 PM »
I don't agree. I think he'd be a good natural too. Remeber than most people can't weigh more than 190 at bf 6-7% naturally. Kevin also has low inserting muscle bellies that most people don't have.

Most people being critical of Kevin are same bitter idiots that are perma bulkers, or don't even have pictures.

Put that way, that makes sense.  Kevin's 185 isn't exactly small by any means.  The truth is, most normal people would consider him pretty huge even at that size.  He still has an amazing response though.  He could start juicing tonight and be bigger than most of the pros competing at the Olympia by the time of the show.  I know he will be 43 soon, but I think the time off would ensure a response as great as ever.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 03:52:02 PM »
I thought Special Ed looked 27 when I met him. 

How old is Special Ed?He looks late 20's to me.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 03:54:18 PM »
How old is Special Ed?He looks late 20's to me.

Special Ed is 38.  Presumably this information is not private because it is on his YouTube account:

http://ca.youtube.com/user/sterngang

I also thought he was in his late twenties.

His best YouTube clip was "Hey Mr. Spitzer (Hey There Delilah Spoof)":

Bodybuilding Pro.com

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 04:10:04 PM »
I've had two proposals!

Looks like Ronnie has one also...

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 04:14:01 PM »
Put that way, that makes sense.  Kevin's 185 isn't exactly small by any means.  The truth is, most normal people would consider him pretty huge even at that size. 

Isn't he about 210? I think Special Ed and crew had him step on a scale at the AC.

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 04:15:09 PM »
levrone is an embarrassment

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2008, 04:26:08 PM »
I've had two proposals!
Ha! Gentlemen Prefer Blondes springs to mind, you old gold-digger.  :D

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2008, 04:37:35 PM »
these pics look like they could be from California weddings next week

Tim, are you and Bay going to make it official next week???

Tim are you getting married? Whos the lucky fella?

Sean, I want to be be invited you your wedding with Sasha!!!!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 04:41:05 PM »
Clearly Kevin chooses to be much smaller than he used to be. Bodybuilders are not taken seriously in show business and you don't see anyone looking for another Arnold, Stallone or even Van Damme. Kevin's best chance to land roles is to appear similar to most leading men and supporting actors in size. If he wanted to make the occasional $600 day rate playing a bouncer who says, "I.D. please?", he could have gone that route and walked around sweating all year round at 240 lbs. in the LA heat.
He is a bit smarter than most give him credit for. If your goal is to be a bodybuilder, you seek to add muscle and get bigger. If your goal is to transform from a bodybuilder to an actor who gets to audition for something other than 'Burly Bodyguard' roles, you'd better lose that muscle and drop to a reasonable weight.

And as mentioned, at 5'9 and a ripped 205 lbs, Kevin still blows away 99 percent of competitive bodybuilders. 
BigNationRadio.com

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 04:45:10 PM »
Clearly Kevin chooses to be much smaller than he used to be. Bodybuilders are not taken seriously in show business and you don't see anyone looking for another Arnold, Stallone or even Van Damme. Kevin's best chance to land roles is to appear similar to most leading men and supporting actors in size. If he wanted to make the occasional $600 day rate playing a bouncer who says, "I.D. please?", he could have gone that route and walked around sweating all year round at 240 lbs. in the LA heat.
He is a bit smarter than most give him credit for. If your goal is to be a bodybuilder, you seek to add muscle and get bigger. If your goal is to transform from a bodybuilder to an actor who gets to audition for something other than 'Burly Bodyguard' roles, you'd better lose that muscle and drop to a reasonable weight.

And as mentioned, at 5'9 and a ripped 205 lbs, Kevin still blows away 99 percent of competitive bodybuilders. 

Hey Special Ed.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 04:52:06 PM »
What race is Kev anyway?  lol.

http://www.getbig.com/iview/valentino040125.htm

Q: You wouldn't tap Monica Brant?

A: I don't go for that little Aryan Irish upturned pug nose look. That reminds me, what do blondes have in common with Kevin Levrone? They both have black roots.

Black men do have numerous advantages over white men for bodybuilding I would say.  Small waists being the primary one I think.  Whites do have advantages also though (calves).

sounds like an arrogant jerk..never did like him..now i know why >:(
irongearco.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2008, 05:55:35 PM »

Yes, it is smart of him to slim down as he has.  And you are correct that he is still far and away better than competitive bodybuilders even in his current form.  To the general public, he is definitely a freak, and looks healthy and I actually mean that (not sure if he is healthy, but he looks it).  In an issue of REPS last year, I read that his heart rate was down to 50 at a body weight of 185, down from 87 in his juiced state.  He has a good look in either his competitive or slimmed down states.  Also, I think it's safe to say he is still good for a top 10 standing at the Olympia if he wanted to do that.  Maybe even top six.  He was top six in 2003 and I don't even think he was trying that year.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2008, 06:07:55 PM »

PURE BEAST! ::) I'm sure it was just an "injury".  Pro bodybuilding, junkies in thongs and posing oil. :D ::)
N

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2008, 06:16:05 PM »
Is that 3rd guy Alex Federov???  :'(

He looks "normal" sized WTF?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 06:18:32 PM »
Kevin Levrone didn't use much insulin and it shows! Probably didn't use much HGH either

I was thinking same on the slin and GH. That coupled with genetics, decent diet and exercise routines.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2008, 06:33:41 PM »
Many people generally agree that black men tend to age a bit better facially than do whites or men of other races. Don't kill the messenger (me) for saying this, but I think it is often true.

kevin's facial features are more like a white or latino guy even though he's part black.

Looks awesome for 43.

I was thinking same on the slin and GH. That coupled with genetics, decent diet and exercise routines.

Diet could have also been a big factor. Kevin never really got fat, so he never took in that many calories compared to his fellow bodybuilders. Lower calories = slower aging

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2008, 06:51:13 PM »
Yes, the same gentleman.

looks healthy don't you think?
good for him,his body probably needed a break anyway.hell it worked for levrone.

bench

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2008, 06:55:32 PM »
Hands down Lee Labrada...still in awesome shape and looks younger than when he competed...the guy looks fit and healthy...any one who has seen him at the expo's knows what i'm talking about...

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2008, 06:59:32 PM »
good for him,his body probably needed a break anyway.hell it worked for levrone.

bench

and yes drugs are only 3% of the equation  ::)
I

Tesla

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2008, 07:13:52 PM »
I remember reading that Levrone only juiced for contests and not permanently like most pros do these days.  That probably has something to do with him looking healthier.