Author Topic: Equal Rights or *Special Rights*  (Read 1983 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Equal Rights or *Special Rights*
« on: October 28, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »
Why isn't it a Federal crime to assault us straight people?  What kind of discrimination is that?

Obama signs hate crimes bill into law

Washington (CNN) -- President Obama on Wednesday signed a law that makes it a federal crime to assault an individual because of his or her sexual orientation or gender identity.

The expanded federal hate crimes law was added to a $680 billion defense authorization bill that Obama signed at a packed White House ceremony.

Full Story:  http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/28/hate.crimes/index.html

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Equal Rights or *Special Rights*
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 03:43:33 PM »

Why isn't it a Federal crime to assault us straight people?  What kind of discrimination is that?

Washington (CNN) -- President Obama on Wednesday signed a law that makes it a federal crime to assault an individual because of his or her sexual orientation or gender identity.

The expanded federal hate crimes law was added to a $680 billion defense authorization bill that Obama signed at a packed White House ceremony.

It is.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 03:46:03 PM »
why do you need to add to it?  I mean isn't it already against the law to assault an individual no matter what?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 03:58:51 PM »
It is.

Then:

why do you need to add to it?  I mean isn't it already against the law to assault an individual no matter what?

Can we have some attorneys explain this politcally correct crap to me?  Please?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 04:00:46 PM »

Then:

Can we have some attorneys explain this politcally correct crap to me?  Please?

I think laws like this are designed to discourage targeted assaults because of sexual orientation. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 04:03:17 PM »

looks like you dodged a bullet vince.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 04:04:44 PM »
why do you need to add to it?  I mean isn't it already against the law to assault an individual no matter what?

maybe if you quit researching moon landings and melting down over other bullshit, you'd learn the difference between a federal law crime and a state law crime

if DA Hickey McFuckingHick from Podunk, S Carolina doesn't want to prosecute his 3rd cousin Mikey McFuckingHick for gay-bashing, the victim now has recourse to the federal court sytem

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 04:05:48 PM »
looks like you dodged a bullet vince.

My name's not Vince.  What bullet did I dodge?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 04:07:40 PM »
im talkin about basile..he was gettin beat up for his orientation, so he appealed to obama...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 04:08:32 PM »
Skip, cam down, you seem angry.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 04:08:48 PM »
if DA Hickey McFuckingHick from Podunk, S Carolina doesn't want to prosecute his 3rd cousin Mikey McFuckingHick for gay-bashing, the victim now has recourse to the federal court sytem

Then why doesn't that apply to everybody?  Maybe he doesn't want to prosecute his cousin for beating up a straight person.  

And, if it does, what do they need a special law for?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 04:09:53 PM »
Skip, cam down, you seem angry.

Nah, just trying to understand this politically correct bullshit.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 04:10:34 PM »

Then why doesn't that apply to everybody?  Maybe he doesn't want to prosecute his cousin for beating up a straight person.  

It does apply to everyone.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 04:12:02 PM »
maybe if you quit researching moon landings and melting down over other bullshit, you'd learn the difference between a federal law crime and a state law crime

Haha, I don't know who runs this account, but your posts are growing on me. Brutal owning.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 04:28:08 PM »

haha... the point is that if it's already against the law to assault someone, and it is in every city across America, why do we even need a federal law?  Ozmo makes a better point than you.  you don't even have a fucking point... I doubt people get away with assaulting anyone in America if the evidense is there and the person is caught.  Can you find one example to make your point where some gay person was assaulted and nothing was done because they were gay?  Or are you just talking out your ass?

what happend to the guy who killed Matthew Shepard?  Justice wasn't served?

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 04:33:24 PM »
haha... the point is that if it's already against the law to assault someone, and it is in every city across America, why do we even need a federal law?  Ozmo makes a better point than you.  you don't even have a fucking point... I doubt people get away with assaulting anyone in America if the evidense is there and the person is caught.  Can you find one example to make your point where some gay person was assaulted and nothing was done because they were gay?  Or are you just talking out your ass?

what happend to the guy who killed Matthew Shepard?  Justice wasn't served?

it's a good thing I don't look for validation from a 40 year old with the mental maturity of a 12 year old  :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 04:36:51 PM »
it's a good thing I don't look for validation from a 40 year old with the mental maturity of a 12 year old  :)
I'll take the fact that you couldn't address the points of my post or answer the question as validation that you're talking out your ass.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 04:38:30 PM »

the idea is that there will be more local pressure on the DA to do the right thing with the straight guy... maybe not as much with the gay guy

so, yes, all crimes are not created equal

and, ozmo, it doesn't apply to everyone.  if mentally unbalanced hugo chavez attacked you in one of his periodic frenzies... hope your local DA takes the case, because that's the only justice you're going to get.  unless chavez took you across state lines for the "extraterrestrials" to do "experiments" on you

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 04:48:09 PM »
the idea is that there will be more local pressure on the DA to do the right thing with the straight guy... maybe not as much with the gay guy

so, yes, all crimes are not created equal

and, ozmo, it doesn't apply to everyone.  if mentally unbalanced hugo chavez attacked you in one of his periodic frenzies... hope your local DA takes the case, because that's the only justice you're going to get.  unless chavez took you across state lines for the "extraterrestrials" to do "experiments" on you
why don't you quit with the bullshit hypotheticals and find some examples where they just let the assailant off the hook because he attacked a gay person? 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 04:55:18 PM »
Ozmo may have been saying that because I'm a Federal employee, I'm not sure.

But, I think Hugo's right.  I don't know of any cases where somebody got a free walk just because they assaulted a gay person.  If it's going on, then the state needs to step in and go after both the prosecutor and the assailant.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 04:59:31 PM »

But, I think Hugo's right.  I don't know of any cases where somebody got a free walk just because they assaulted a gay person.  If it's going on, then the state needs to step in and go after both the prosecutor and the assailant.

federal criminal law is something which became more important around the time of the civil rights movement (before that things like the Mann act and Prohibition created federal crimes).... the idea was that state court systems which were turning a blind eye to lynchings and other such pastimes weren't suddenly going to start enforcing the law

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 05:04:34 PM »
federal criminal law is something which became more important around the time of the civil rights movement (before that things like the Mann act and Prohibition created federal crimes).... the idea was that state court systems which were turning a blind eye to lynchings and other such pastimes weren't suddenly going to start enforcing the law
couldn't find any examples huh?  Anything in the last 15 years will do fine.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 05:09:51 PM »
couldn't find any examples huh?  Anything in the last 15 years will do fine.

Huge "Mentally Unstable" Chavez, did I say somewhere that I think we need federal criminal law? I never endorsed it, just explained the reasoning behind it....  unfortunately, you're too mentally fucked up to distinguish between endorsement and explanation.  

Here are some suggestions for you.  Sleep normal hours, log off getbig once in a while and pay more attention to your wife and kids

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 05:15:46 PM »

it depends on what you do, not on who does it.

so you beat up a straight white guy, your DA can charge you with battery

you beat up a gay guy, your DA can charge you with battery.  If he doesnt, the AUSA can charge you with violation federal hate crime law

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 05:22:39 PM »
Goodness gracious I can see a situation where a guy gets hit on by a homosexual man and beats his ass and then gets federally charged for it... ::)

fuking seriously?

skip you shouldnt be surprised bro come on gays get and seek special treatment all day long...im still waiting for my pass to go into womens locker rooms and change in there  ;)

this PC bull shit isnt just isolated to gays reverse discrimination is everywhere equal rights for men and women in child rearing, abortion...etc...

if youre a straight guy get used to getting bent over by the govt...