Author Topic: Why are there no shows in the MD/DC/VA areas  (Read 7205 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Why are there no shows in the MD/DC/VA areas
« on: April 29, 2008, 07:55:53 AM »
ok Hamburger has a show but now with the bodyrock gone THATS IT!

i know i know i whine about this around this time every yr  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: Why are there no shows in the MD/DC/VA areas
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 08:10:41 AM »
why not promote one yourself?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 08:14:18 AM »
why not promote one yourself?

no time..with teaching...making time for a girlfriend...getting back into training myself..and studying for a few tests i have to take come august...i really dont have the time..and what the heck do i know about promoting shows.. :-\ 

anyhow..long time..how ya been fucker??
carpe` vaginum!

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 08:18:20 AM »
I'm sure if you asked around you could get some help...there's at least 700 experts on this board alone...

I've been great...thanks for asking!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 08:22:12 AM »
There are a handful of small shows in Maryland, but aside from the Maryland, nothing really worth attending.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 08:27:45 AM »
no time..with teaching...making time for a girlfriend...getting back into training myself..and studying for a few tests i have to take come august

Are you CCIE yet?  Are they still making big bucks?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 08:47:56 AM »
Are you CCIE yet?  Are they still making big bucks?

i take it come July...i ws supposed to take it 6 months ago but the bastards took away ISDN and DLSW+ and added a whole mess of other stuff...its a moving target

anyhow i start a new job this summer making $65/hr sooo still moving up! 8)

ccie with a clerance makes 160k plus in my area..
carpe` vaginum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 08:52:23 AM »
i take it come July...i ws supposed to take it 6 months ago but the bastards took away ISDN and DLSW+ and added a whole mess of other stuff...its a moving target

damn, I wanted to be a cisco guy for years.  never happened.  I got my Microsoft and A+/Net+ then failed the CCNA and that was it.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 09:32:30 AM »
There are a handful of small shows in Maryland, but aside from the Maryland, nothing really worth attending.

yonnies show is ok except he still calls it a natty show :-\ even though i've never seen anyone tested..

anyhow the point being..THIS IS THE CAPITAL OF AMERICA....its fucking surprising we dont have a big show  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 09:34:03 AM »
yonnies show is ok except he still calls it a natty show :-\ even though i've never seen anyone tested..

anyhow the point being..THIS IS THE CAPITAL OF AMERICA....its fucking surprising we dont have a big show  >:(

well, you have to look at the demographics of the Capital.  Not alot of potential competitors.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 09:36:02 AM »
Todd Swinney told me he was going to co-promote a large regional (MD/VA/DC) show last year, but it never happened.  Not sure it ever will.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 09:36:49 AM »
damn, I wanted to be a cisco guy for years.  never happened.  I got my Microsoft and A+/Net+ then failed the CCNA and that was it.

come attend my class..i got an almost 95% pass rate... :)

people that fail after taking my class are usually folks that have absolutely no business being in the field..

in any case i better fucking pass my CCIE soon..my girl has kidney faliure and i dont want her working anymore..and i've recently turned down almost 6 figure offers..i'm gonna have to punch myself in the face if i fail  >:(

thing with WAN networking is..while the rest of the economy is going down the shitter..there is more work available for us cisco folks than we can handle..  8)  and we dont come exactly cheap either...
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 09:37:38 AM »
well, you have to look at the demographics of the Capital.  Not alot of potential competitors.

there r plenty of big black doods lurking in every fucking PG country gym..
carpe` vaginum!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 09:43:20 AM »

there r plenty of big black doods lurking in every fucking PG country gym..

hahahaha...tru dat

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 01:23:33 PM »
ok Hamburger has a show but now with the bodyrock gone THATS IT!

i know i know i whine about this around this time every yr  >:(

it's such a shame that there are no shows in the DMV (D.C, Maryland, Virginia) area. I'm sure we have a very large bodybuilding audience in there.
Get Big, or Die Trying

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 01:27:29 PM »

Godamn, that's a lot of money. are you CISSP certified also. Let me know if the CCIE is impossible to pass for some people. I know people in the Washington D.C. area that are making 100k+ with CISSP alone, but of course, they had 7+yrs experience with Cisco stuffs
Get Big, or Die Trying

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 01:46:40 PM »

I loved the BodyRock...but I think it needed more local support than it actually received. 

I do wish that Steve had continued with the Expo, though, even if he'd dropped the show.  I know that the DC area can support something like that, even though venue rental are astronomical in that area.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 01:49:14 PM »
in any case i better fucking pass my CCIE soon..my girl has kidney faliure and i dont want her working anymore..

You're dating Tom Prince?
Ron: "I am lazy."

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 02:21:25 PM »
I loved the BodyRock...but I think it needed more local support than it actually received. 

I do wish that Steve had continued with the Expo, though, even if he'd dropped the show.  I know that the DC area can support something like that, even though venue rental are astronomical in that area.

I do know that Todd was having a hell of a time finding reasonably priced space for the regional show he was looking to do.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 02:30:42 PM »

Godamn, that's a lot of money. are you CISSP certified also. . I know people in the Washington D.C. area that are making 100k+ with CISSP alone, but of course, they had 7+yrs experience with Cisco stuffs

65/hr is ok money cause i only work part time..thats half the month, the other half i spend on vacation  ;D

i want one last summer of freedom and then i'll go for a full time position.. 8)

i dont have a CISSP and i would not want one..instead i'd rather get my CCSP (cisco cert security professional) which is much tougher than the CISSP and then go for my CCIE in security .

Persuing the CCIE in routing and switching right now.

Let me know if the CCIE is impossible to pass for some people

yeah it is simply not within everyones reach just like not everyone can get a phd in physics or by mr olympia..

however you wont know till you try eh...if you put in the hard work and you are average smart...its possible...
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 02:34:28 PM »

they need a good venue..the bodyrock ws soo far from DC ..at georgemason U...i mean get a friggin proper venue..

university of MD would been a better choice with all the hotels bars and food choices in the area..

yonnie show every yr is in the same spot ..crap brain fart on where it is but i never go to the night show.. :-\
carpe` vaginum!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 02:38:39 PM »
they need a good venue..the bodyrock ws soo far from DC ..at georgemason U...i mean get a friggin proper venue..

university of MD would been a better choice with all the hotels bars and food choices in the area..

yonnie show every yr is in the same spot ..crap brain fart on where it is but i never go to the night show.. :-\

The stages at Univ of MD are way too expensive to rent.  But you are right, that would be a great venue.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »

You're dating Tom Prince?

goatie here hoping desperately that toxic is gay!

i'm kinda flattered hon but sorry..dont swing that way  :-*
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 02:49:09 PM »
The stages at Univ of MD are way too expensive to rent.  But you are right, that would be a great venue.

the show n expo at the new MCI center which is huge!..and then after party at the stone! or the new thirsty turtle which actually has a huge night club upstairs and a nice bar downstairs all right on route 1 and walking distance from the MCI center and several hotels bars and food spots..

i'd pay a much higher ticket cost if it ws well done ...
carpe` vaginum!

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 03:03:25 PM »
ccie exams are tough.  pass rate nationally is like 26%, so the payout after passing is really nice. 
tougher than benching over 400+ raw.