Author Topic: kids, do good in school- i didn't and this is where i look for employment.......  (Read 10706 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
I laugh at idiots who say if they won the lottery they would keep their jobs.......really? 

Two things.  First how about let someone who actually needs a job have yours?

Second...how about doing volunteer work?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I laugh at idiots who say if they won the lottery they would keep their jobs.......really?  

lol. qft.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~

Depends on the job. If it's a job to make money, I agree.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I am telling you for a FACT that there is thing of ours called "La Kosher Nostra".  ;)

Think of it like this, its a big club and you ain`t in it.  I remember my Grandfather talking about La Kosher Nostra all the time and doing business in his office and seeing business cards of Senators, Governors and the like, exchanging money when it needed to be done and what have you.

My grandfather did spend 3-4 years in Federal Prison for "income tax evasion".  Of course this was the only thing the US government could get him on as they had a vendetta on Jews especially in the 50s with the whole House Committee on Un-American Activities during Wood and Thomas.  He would go back and forth to Cuba all the time and they didn`t take to kind to that.  He refused to give up any names as they wanted to know who bribed whom and for how much.

Silence is part of La Kosher Nostra, especially when innocent.

The examples you have laid out are but a small minority in the case of millionaires in this country.

Most millionaires offspring will never be able to duplicate the amount of monetary wealth of their parents.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
Depends on the job. If it's a job to make money, I agree.

not sure what you mean...isn't the whole definition of a "job" doing an activity to make money?  Otherwise I think of it as a hobby... ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
not sure what you mean...isn't the whole definition of a "job" doing an activity to make money?  Otherwise I think of it as a hobby... ;D

If you put it like that, 100% agreed.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Yip, yip.
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
It is to some extent as is everything in life. Luck is enormously important. If you have been born in the slums of Calcutta, you likely wouldn't even be typing here let alone pursuing your goals. Luck.

Debussey's comments were aimed towards people living in the west.

And even if luck is important, most people having a job they truly love have done their share of introspection and experimenting to find out what they love in the first place, before working on their skills to make themselves a match for a career they want to pursue. This is a result of an attitude/belief, not luck.

No offence, but you seem to be very negative at times.  :-\ Your beliefs forms your life through dictating what actions you take and so on, and walking around with a belief that luck = the main factor won't help you much because it = a great way to avoid attaining inner locus of control and never doing what = required to actually getting a good career. This = very similar to learned helplessness ::)

Luck favours the prepared mind, right Debussey?  ;)

You and Debussey = in 100% agreement 8)

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
Imagine having a grandfather that was a major industrialist and you are left a multi-million dollar fortune when you turn 21..but your father, who squandered his own fortune in the stock market, steals your trust fund. That's my story. Luckily I learned to become a foreign currency trader. I modified an automated trading program..now I set it before I go to bed and it executes trades while I sleep. I wake up some morning with some serious cash and my days are basically spent doing whatever i want.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
Well, I laugh at people who win the lottery and blow it all away only to end up broke a couple of years down the road.
Had they invested the money the won, they would have had a source of income for life with out having to work.

i laugh at them too.....of course I laugh at most people... 8)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

That cements my point rather nicely about Generational wealth.  IF your family has enough to provide for generations, why make life difficult on purpose for your descendants or force them to embrace meniality as if it is some sort of virtue.

Think of it like this, if you won 400 million dollars in a lottery, why wouldn`t you give your children anything they want?

The Master

• Getbig V

Debussey will continue in its future career even if it won a billion.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Well it sounds like there is more to it than there is, but there really isn`t.  Its just typical Madoff type stuff if you know what I mean.  Jews gaming other Jews and roping in the other dopes.
LOL. Sure. Probably fleeced people for seed money to develop an anti-gravity suit.  

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Debussey's comments were aimed towards people living in the west.

And even if luck is important, most people having a job they truly love have done their share of introspection and experimenting to find out what they love in the first place, before working on their skills to make themselves a match for a career they want to pursue. This is a result of an attitude/belief, not luck.

No offence, but you seem to be very negative at times.  :-\ Your beliefs forms your life, and walking around with a belief that luck = the main factor won't help you much because it = a great way to avoid attaining inner locus of control ::)

You and Debussey = in 100% agreement 8)

I am and have been very introspective. I have thought about my 'calling' many times for well over a decade as an adult. I can assure you it's not for lack of introspection that I haven't found my 'passion'. My 'negativity' stems from a realistic assessment of my options, nothing more.
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
I am and have been very introspective. I have thought about my 'calling' many times for well over a decade as an adult. I can assure you it's not for lack of introspection that I haven't found my 'passion'. My 'negativity' stems from a realistic assessment of my options, nothing more.

It = very interesting that both you and Debussey = very introspective, and have totally different lives, attitudes and results in the area you and Debussey = discussing at this point.

Just goes to show how different people are, and how life knowledge = extremely personalized 8)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
It = very interesting that both you and Debussey = very introspective, and have totally different lives, attitudes and results in the area you and Debussey = discussing at this point.

Just goes to show how different people are, and how life knowledge = extremely personalized 8)

just very small variations, when it comes down to the core we're not that different

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
LOL. Sure. Probably fleeced people for seed money to develop an anti-gravity suit.  
I sometimes wonder how many of his flock walked around without any wool.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

You are young, intelligent and have your passions. You have a bright future ahead of you. I on the other hand am the complete opposite in this respect.
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
just very small variations, when it comes down to the core we're not that different

The core = pretty similar, but the way to a "pleasant core" = very different for different people.

Also, do not forget that people have different temperaments which = partially a result of genetics. Just look at the Myer Briggs Type Indicator. The different personality types have different ways to achieve fulfillment.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

I know this is your belief but I have done and do disagree.
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
You are young, intelligent and have your passions. You have a bright future ahead of you. I on the other hand am the complete opposite in this respect.

Which is exactly why Debussey could not operate on your "life knowledge", just like you could not operate on Debussey's "life knowledge".

And you are very smart dear Deicide.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
The core = pretty similar, but the way to a "pleasant core" = very different for different people.

Also, do not forget that people have different temperaments which = partially a result of genetics. Just look at the Myer Briggs Type Indicator. The different personality types have different ways to achieve fulfillment.

I think we might be talking about different things regarding the term "core". What I mean has absolutely nothing to do with genetics.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Which is exactly why Debussey could not operate on your "life knowledge", just like you could not operate on Debussey's "life knowledge".

And you are very smart dear Deicide.

In NYC we used to say that and a $1.50 will get you on the subway. Haha. Lots of people tell me that but so far my intelligence hasn't gotten me very far or anything of benefit.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
I know this is your belief but I have done and do disagree.

Just looking at this thread, I see virtually no difference at all.
Maybe with the exception of Debussey. There is a noticable lack of ego in Debussey which I greatly admire.

The Master

• Getbig V
I think we might be talking about different things regarding the term "core". What I mean has absolutely nothing to do with genetics.

Are you thinking about Ekhart again? :D