Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 776612 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10950 on: May 08, 2024, 03:16:57 PM »
Miners are now also getting good fees from Bitcoin  L2s, ordinal, inscriptions, runes etc. Break even isn't as simple to calculate as before.
They did. But it might be temporary. It does not have long term viability I think. It has already dropped.

https://thedefiant.io/news/defi/bitcoin-fees-normalize-after-runes-coming-out-party-abruptly-ends

Data from Dune analytics shows that Runes’ daily transaction count tanked 97.5% to 19,000 from an all-time high of 753,584 on April 23. The pull-back coincides with Runes’ share of Bitcoin’s on-chain activity dropping to 30% from 81.3% over the same period.

The complaint was Ethereum was too expensive for NFTs etc. And Solana jumped in to fill the void. Then Solana got spammed because transactions were so inexpensive. The Solana network bogged down and they have been dealing with failed transactions. Ethereum released the Dencun upgrade to lower L2 fees. It worked great, reference the Coinbase ETH L2 BASE success.

So why would you pay high fees to get a BTC NFT when you can just buy BTC itself?

But the Ethereum deflationary tokenomics has been impacted. The inflation is around 0.4% now. It could potentially go negative if a tremendous amount of activity is seen. 0.4% is not a terrible inflation, better than Solana for sure. It is also lower than the current 0.85% Bitcoin inflation rate. I know eventually the BTC inflation rate will be 0.05% in 2040. But the issue is how do you compensate miners at that point.

https://charts.woobull.com/bitcoin-inflation/

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10951 on: May 08, 2024, 06:06:33 PM »
Halving came and went.  At what point can we say it did nothing for the price of bitcoin when many thought it would make it increase significantly?

It normally takes about 200 days after halving before bitcoin reaches a new all time high.  keep stacking those satoshis!

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10952 on: May 08, 2024, 11:54:30 PM »
BTC is mined globally and will be mined anywhere a rig can be attached to cheap energy. Here is a good heat map of global mining distribution.

https://ccaf.io/cbnsi/cbeci/mining_map

Yep, the US will control the BTC network shortly. Funny I started talking about this and Trump has now said crypto needs to be in the US 👀

The network Will be under US govt control in the near future. Ahhh the 2025 narrative of the USD pegging to BTC to get the bullrun fired up.

If you look at the charts from the same periods in the past, it has behaved similarly.

Historically, there has been a dip followed by a period of consolidation before resuming the uptrend.

We all know this. Why do you think it hit an ATH? It’s the same but the halving and ETF was front run which made it different. It was actually a major top, not a little one.

This now means the ‘consolidation’ as you put it will also look different. People gunna brag about dip buying down to 42k. The party gets started well below that.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10953 on: May 09, 2024, 02:36:46 AM »
Come on now bro. Don't just post this without providing your take on it.

Some are saying it bearish ETH (guessing you lean this way), some saying it could mean grayscale withdrew it cos they know the spot ETF is gonna get approved. Maybe not this month, but for the blackrock deadline. Some say it doesn't mean anything.
https://www.dlnews.com/articles/regulation/grayscale-to-focus-on-spot-ethereum-products-says-ceo/

Grayscale will focus energies on spot Ethereum products, CEO says

- Grayscale Investments has withdrawn its application to provide an Ethereum futures ETF.
- Michael Sonneshein, Grayscale’s CEO, said he is optimistic that the SEC will approve the firm’s application to convert its Ethereum trust to a spot ETF

Grayscale Investments will focus on converting its Ethereum trust — the world’s largest — to spot exchange-traded products, CEO Michael Sonnenshein said on Wednesday.

“At Grayscale we decided to focus our energy on our spot products. That’s really core to our DNA,” he said during an event in London that was hosted by the Financial Times.

On Tuesday, media reported that the crypto-native asset manager had withdrawn its application to the Securities and Exchange Commission to provide an Ether futures ETF.

It had filed the application in October.

Sonnenshein said the asset manager was withdrawing the application because a number of futures products are already available for investors.

As DL News has reported, VanEck’s EFUT and ProShares’ EETH dominate the brutally competitive Ethereum ETF field, accounting for over 90% of total trading volume at launch.

“Sometimes we will file for a product. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to come to market,” Sonnenshein said

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10954 on: May 09, 2024, 07:28:56 AM »
https://www.dlnews.com/articles/regulation/grayscale-to-focus-on-spot-ethereum-products-says-ceo/

Grayscale will focus energies on spot Ethereum products, CEO says

- Grayscale Investments has withdrawn its application to provide an Ethereum futures ETF.
- Michael Sonneshein, Grayscale’s CEO, said he is optimistic that the SEC will approve the firm’s application to convert its Ethereum trust to a spot ETF

Grayscale Investments will focus on converting its Ethereum trust — the world’s largest — to spot exchange-traded products, CEO Michael Sonnenshein said on Wednesday.

“At Grayscale we decided to focus our energy on our spot products. That’s really core to our DNA,” he said during an event in London that was hosted by the Financial Times.

On Tuesday, media reported that the crypto-native asset manager had withdrawn its application to the Securities and Exchange Commission to provide an Ether futures ETF.

It had filed the application in October.

Sonnenshein said the asset manager was withdrawing the application because a number of futures products are already available for investors.

As DL News has reported, VanEck’s EFUT and ProShares’ EETH dominate the brutally competitive Ethereum ETF field, accounting for over 90% of total trading volume at launch.

“Sometimes we will file for a product. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to come to market,” Sonnenshein said

Meanwhile, there is no ETH ETF....

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10955 on: May 09, 2024, 04:00:48 PM »
Meanwhile, there is no ETH ETF....
Spot in USA... yet...

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10956 on: May 09, 2024, 04:52:00 PM »
Spot in USA... yet...

It’ll happen.

Grayscale hold 3% so it’s the same warning I gave for BTC…… but….. what if his deal with the US was only for BTC? What if he doesn’t need to bleed out ETH?

It’s all about the ‘what if’ on ETH ETF. I’d love Barry to hold his ETH. Then we will get the flippening 😀

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10957 on: May 10, 2024, 03:06:33 AM »
He's a simple thesis/narritive for the next 6 months.

Bidens administration FUDs crypto (including BTC in cold wallets) CHECK

Trump has gone pro crypto and will probably lead the presidential polls going into the election. CHECKish

Crypto markets front runs election and Trumps good polling. Market peaks around election time (actual result doesn't matter, only that Trump leading polling)

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10958 on: May 11, 2024, 01:28:31 AM »
250k btc by 2030

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10959 on: May 11, 2024, 01:04:21 PM »
It’ll happen.

Grayscale hold 3% so it’s the same warning I gave for BTC…… but….. what if his deal with the US was only for BTC? What if he doesn’t need to bleed out ETH?

It’s all about the ‘what if’ on ETH ETF. I’d love Barry to hold his ETH. Then we will get the flippening 😀
I also think so. There's a lot of ETH FUD going around. It is massively underpriced compared to Bitcoin.

People that lack a technical background don't understand the issues facing Bitcoin Proof of Work in the coming years as multiple halvenings strain the miners. The security of Bitcoin depends on a decentralized miner network. I am not sure how this will be possible when the cost to mine would exclude all but a few players. Bitcoin ASIC mining does not impress me. It's a dedicated appliance that anyone can setup easily. At least with GPU mining you needed technical skills to setup and configure the systems. It was labor intensive.

I'd love to see Saylor assemble the rigs I built in the same amount of time. He pisses me off. He says everything but Bitcoin is a commodity and meanwhile all he did was buy Bitcoin with the expectation of making a profit (on the work of others), while at the same time doing zero work. Well, the only work he does is trying to promote BTC to help pump his bags. But he's not mining BTC and doing "work", he buys it. He's a hypocrite. And now he owns 1% of BTC. He is one greedy bastard. Just once I'd love to see someone with technical knowledge confront his ass and talk over him.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ark-invest-21shares-drop-staking-from-ethereum-etf-proposal

ARK and 21Shares drop staking plans from Ethereum ETF proposal

Bloomberg ETF analyst Erich Balchunas suggests the update may be a response to potential SEC feedback despite no official comments.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10960 on: May 11, 2024, 01:41:29 PM »
I also think so. There's a lot of ETH FUD going around. It is massively underpriced compared to Bitcoin.

People that lack a technical background don't understand the issues facing Bitcoin Proof of Work in the coming years as multiple halvenings strain the miners. The security of Bitcoin depends on a decentralized miner network. I am not sure how this will be possible when the cost to mine would exclude all but a few players. Bitcoin ASIC mining does not impress me. It's a dedicated appliance that anyone can setup easily. At least with GPU mining you needed technical skills to setup and configure the systems. It was labor intensive.

Pointed these things out on here a long time ago.

Doesn't matter any more. Blackrock and tradfi will strong arm an unpopular solution through to handle the issue. By then Maxis will either be too wealthy to care or a small minority that no ones pays any attention too.

An example of a solution might be to fork bitcoin, make all undeclared and non KYC bitcoin illegal/worth $0 and then if needed eventually double the supply.

Study the gold reserve act 1934

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10961 on: May 11, 2024, 03:47:16 PM »

I'd love to see Saylor assemble the rigs I built in the same amount of time. He pisses me off. He says everything but Bitcoin is a commodity and meanwhile all he did was buy Bitcoin with the expectation of making a profit (on the work of others), while at the same time doing zero work. Well, the only work he does is trying to promote BTC to help pump his bags. But he's not mining BTC and doing "work", he buys it. He's a hypocrite. And now he owns 1% of BTC. He is one greedy bastard. Just once I'd love to see someone with technical knowledge confront his ass and talk over him.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ark-invest-21shares-drop-staking-from-ethereum-etf-proposal

ARK and 21Shares drop staking plans from Ethereum ETF proposal

Bloomberg ETF analyst Erich Balchunas suggests the update may be a response to potential SEC feedback despite no official comments.

Ponder what the powers that be want and that’s the answer.

That’s why I gave my nightmare scenario.

Wall St now control the largest inflows/outflows. The US is the largest player in mining and shortly will control the network. It’s end game now for the leaders who want to use blockchain to remove freedom and privacy.

Think of those evil movies where the innocent must go willingly to the devil. CBDC are coming and the innocent must willingly give up their privacy……. This is the game being played at the moment.

EDIT I forgot to add, the largest energy event in our lifetime will occur inside of 6yrs (likely inside the next 2-3 which will dwarf the Global Lockdown impact at a sustained level. Saylor and maxis are betting against this, personally I’m betting on the Overlords to win, not the maxis.

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10962 on: May 12, 2024, 03:06:59 AM »
, the largest energy event in our lifetime will occur inside of 6yrs (likely inside the next 2-3 which will dwarf the Global Lockdown impact at a sustained level. Saylor and maxis are betting against this, personally I’m betting on the Overlords to win, not the maxis.
what are you basing this on?

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10963 on: May 12, 2024, 08:10:09 AM »
Why doesn't Ether ever dip lower than 2,800 and normally floats around 3,000 even with bad news of the ETF and downturn in the crypto market as whole?

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10964 on: May 12, 2024, 08:15:02 AM »
my dream is to breakeven from my crypto gambling journey, and drive off into the sunshine without any losses weighing me down. if I can just get back all I lost I would be sitting pretty good right now. it seems pretty unlikely  :-X

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10965 on: May 12, 2024, 08:54:55 AM »
Why doesn't Ether ever dip lower than 2,800 and normally floats around 3,000 even with bad news of the ETF and downturn in the crypto market as whole?

2 of the biggest and richest scammers in the space (Richard Heart and Justin Sun) are also 2 of they biggest recent ETH whale buyers and stakers. They will probably defend certain levels.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10966 on: May 12, 2024, 03:06:11 PM »
what are you basing this on?

I have posted about the emissions targets for years. It is the path we are on, hence I say you need to start thinking about what the overlords want, not what you want. 

The target for oil is 77mbpd by 2030. We use around 103mbpd and during the Global lockdown we still used 91mbpd.

We have 5.5yrs left. We have war in Ukraine and Russia (energy) and we have war with Israel and Palestine (energy).

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10967 on: May 12, 2024, 03:15:10 PM »
I have posted about the emissions targets for years. It is the path we are on, hence I say you need to start thinking about what the overlords want, not what you want. 

The target for oil is 77mbpd by 2030. We use around 103mbpd and during the Global lockdown we still used 91mbpd.

We have 5.5yrs left. We have war in Ukraine and Russia (energy) and we have war with Israel and Palestine (energy).
i was hoping 90% of the world population would be dead by now after the vaccinations, but it was a ruse

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10968 on: May 13, 2024, 04:01:43 PM »

FWIW I have started buying tokens already -85% down that I follow/own already.

When mkt cap is this low, you start buying.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10969 on: May 13, 2024, 07:45:23 PM »
FWIW I have started buying tokens already -85% down that I follow/own already.

When mkt cap is this low, you start buying.

Cardano, XRP, polkadot?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10970 on: May 13, 2024, 11:07:01 PM »
Cardano, XRP, polkadot?

I don’t buy old coins, that’s where the trapped people are.

XRP bagholders are a lesson for what lies ahead.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10971 on: May 14, 2024, 05:43:08 AM »
I don’t buy old coins, that’s where the trapped people are.

XRP bagholders are a lesson for what lies ahead.

$AMC $NVAX $GME $BYND

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10972 on: May 14, 2024, 05:47:30 PM »
$AMC $NVAX $GME $BYND

It’s why it’s so hard to hit a new ATH in crypto in 2nd or 3rd cycles. Once it has an ATH we know where the bar is set for trapped buyers. They will dump hard as soon as price gets close.

BTC hit an ATH by +7% and whales were dumping like crazy into the ETF buyers. Now everyone praying ‘the next pump is a week away and will go to 100k for sure’. Yet we know at 74k the sell pressure comes in again, maybe you get to 75k next time 🤔

Solana was the only existing coin coming close to its prior ATH and trapped people dumped before the ATH so it couldn’t get there.

Meanwhile new stuff on Solana and ETH hit ATH like crazy because nobody knows what the top will be and this is where all the Degens are buying.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10973 on: May 15, 2024, 07:42:43 AM »
It’s why it’s so hard to hit a new ATH in crypto in 2nd or 3rd cycles. Once it has an ATH we know where the bar is set for trapped buyers. They will dump hard as soon as price gets close.

BTC hit an ATH by +7% and whales were dumping like crazy into the ETF buyers. Now everyone praying ‘the next pump is a week away and will go to 100k for sure’. Yet we know at 74k the sell pressure comes in again, maybe you get to 75k next time 🤔

Solana was the only existing coin coming close to its prior ATH and trapped people dumped before the ATH so it couldn’t get there.

Meanwhile new stuff on Solana and ETH hit ATH like crazy because nobody knows what the top will be and this is where all the Degens are buying.

But ETH never really got close to its ATH of 4700 it only got to 4100.  So same play?  If and when ETH gets ETF approval it should pump to 5,000 which will have massive whale selling into ETF buyers? 

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10974 on: May 15, 2024, 07:43:08 AM »
It was a great call, made even better by you not waiting for your $76k target to hit first.

I still have a bunch of staked positions open, but I expect to keep printing with them even in a downtrend (uptrend would print harder though)

I think macro is guiding us more than ever though and there is currently a huge put wall in ES that appeared almost out of no where. Maybe a front run of FOMC, so a V shape recovery may be on the cards or it could just be a line in the sand moment. First scenario could see BTC squeeze hard from here to $70k+ as it's only shorts left for the cabal to rek.  Not playing anything, but will be watching with the interest.

SPX back at all time high with the turn around/up only literally starting at the point highlighted above. Even the biggest markets are gamed and yet people still believe in fundamental trading LMAO.

This is looking bullish crypto as DXY has finally started dropping too, close to breaking a treandline soon and if that happens it could be lambo time.