Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS...Steve's answer  (Read 48558 times)

Stavios

Re: BREAKING NEWS...Steve's answer
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2006, 04:23:54 PM »
What I find funny about this whole thing is that Lee is Mr. "I do what I want," "stand on my own" blah, blah blah...if so why the f**k bitch about all this?  Who cares if you got canned by fax?  Would it make you feel warm and fuzzy if Steve had taken you to a restaurant and bought you dinner?  Then broke up with you properly?  Get over yourself.  You like being a "rebel" and corporate America treated you as such. :-*

brutal truth

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2006, 04:24:02 PM »
What some of you people don't understand is that Lee Priest has always been all about him.  Anyone can tell you that.  He has not respect for anyone or anything in this world.  Yes, he is a great bodybuilder, but how far can that take someone.  You are not going to have a muscular body for ever  and for him to continually disrespect his employer and girlfriends is not a good thing. Lee should tell us the story about him and his Chiropractor's wife. ???

Amen. His career has reached maximum long time ago, so I think it was a good call to replace Lee with some fresh face. And the fact that he was acting like a moron simply made the decision easier. Just my 0.02

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2006, 04:26:54 PM »
what the f**k are you talking about....he didn't "bitch" about it at all.  Whats funny is everyone cares SO FUCKIN much about little issues like this. MD isn't the only MAG just like Lee Priest isn't the only bodybuilder. MD will be fine. Lee Priest will be fine. everyone can whipe off their vaginas and get on with life.

Fine...what the hell is he going to do, throw new papers?  He is done.  No other mag in the business will touch him and as for the PDI well I hope he has enought money to fly abroad a couple of times a year.  The Rebel got his ass handed too him...game over!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »
Posting a personal letter on the net is a no no.

We could see this result coming like a freight train coming down the track. Ever since Lee committed to the PDI he was blacklisted by the IFBB and everyone that Pecker associated companies do business with. The plain truth is the bodybuilding community is pathetic and always has been a haven for asskissers. Guys like Lee cannot be controlled so are a publisher's nightmare. If these recalcitrant guys post on line then they would embarrass companies who have contracts with them.

Lee is right about one thing. What on earth can he write about that he hasn't said heaps of times before? About training, that is. So he feels he can comment about personal stuff that is unique.

I don't see the magazines having many on the staff who are rebels. Publishers hire people they can control.

I think Bob Hoffman and John Grimek would turn in their graves if they saw what others have done to a once noble magazine. I don't buy MD unless there is something about Lee in it. He is one of the few pros who actually speaks his mind and has something to say.

Lee knows what the game is. So he got what he deserved and he deserves what he got. It isn't fair but it is predictable. It is called being blackballed.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2006, 04:30:10 PM »
Fine...what the hell is he going to do, throw new papers?  He is done.  No other mag in the business will touch him and as for the PDI well I hope he has enought money to fly abroad a couple of times a year.  The Rebel got his ass handed too him...game over!
I highly doubt that.
bodybuildersreality.com

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2006, 04:31:17 PM »
I highly doubt that.

Okay...so what mag we he work for?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2006, 04:32:16 PM »
why does he have to work for a mag?? mags aren't the only thing. I was doubting your statement about "game over"
bodybuildersreality.com

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2006, 04:32:24 PM »
what the f**k are you talking about....he didn't "bitch" about it at all.  Whats funny is everyone cares SO FUCKIN much about little issues like this. MD isn't the only MAG just like Lee Priest isn't the only bodybuilder. MD will be fine. Lee Priest will be fine. everyone can whipe off their vaginas and get on with life.

No, what is funny is that you talk about others "cares SO FUCKIN much about issues like this" yet you are posting alot more in the thread than most everybody.  Notice, I have one total post on the matter.  Blechman is sleazy looking oompa loompa, but it's his magazine and he can do whatever he wants.  Maybe Lee can be the next Superman in the movies?  8)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2006, 04:35:08 PM »
As long as Lee remains in the industry, there will always be somebody who wants him – in some capacity – for some amount of $$.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »
As long as Lee remains in the industry, there will always be somebody who wants him – in some capacity – for some amount of $$.

I would agree if Lee hadn't NUKED many bridges after crossing them.  You know what the say, "remember those you passed on the way up as you will see them on the way down."  Lee doesn't give a F*ck about anybody but himself.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2006, 04:40:24 PM »
This wouldn't even be a story if it were just a personal spat between Lee and Blechman, but what makes it interesting is the appearance that Blechman caved in to the IFBB, and Weider/Pecker have effectively shut Lee and the PDI down.
Ron: "I am lazy."

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2006, 04:41:42 PM »
I would agree if Lee hadn't NUKED many bridges after crossing them.  You know what the say, "remember those you passed on the way up as you will see them on the way down."  Lee doesn't give a F*ck about anybody but himself.

He's a "rebel."  ::)

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2006, 04:46:07 PM »
Amen. His career has reached maximum long time ago, so I think it was a good call to replace Lee with some fresh face. And the fact that he was acting like a moron simply made the decision easier. Just my 0.02

I don't know about that.  If his carreer is bodybuilding and he reached his all time best physique recently how then has it reached it's peak?   Unfortunately it seems people are seperating themselves from him because of the PDI decision.  Even though I don't buy BB mags, I won't even open a MD up because they support Valantino.  Young kids or naive BB's will see this morons pix and think they need to take drugs to get big arms, then they'll see him on Tyra Banks and see her actually touching his arm as if it's muscle and they will use that to gauge their own success.  If the guy simply said he is a circus clown and put stuff into the arm and shoulders to look like that and it's NOT muscle and do not do what he did then I would have no problem with the guy.  Just curious, how does MD justify his column in the magazine?  What in the world does he have to do with bodybuilding?  I actually saw that there are kids that ask his advice.....what is this world and bodybuilding coming to?  If it were 20 years ago he would be laughed out of every gym intown.  I know people that know him and they say he's a great guy...that's too bad that he just doesn't use his mistakes to prevent others from doing the same thing.  The TLC show came off as if he was just another bodybuilder and that's too bad.  MD has successful bodybuilders in their mag with tons of knowledge like Dave, but I would never recommened the mag to any young kids because of Valantino.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2006, 04:48:45 PM »
I don't know about that.  If his carreer is bodybuilding and he reached his all time best physique recently how then has it reached it's peak?   Unfortunately it seems people are seperating themselves from him because of the PDI decision.  Even though I don't buy BB mags, I won't even open a MD up because they support Valantino.  Young kids or naive BB's will see this morons pix and think they need to take drugs to get big arms, then they'll see him on Tyra Banks and see her actually touching his arm as if it's muscle and they will use that to gauge their own success.  If the guy simply said he is a circus clown and put stuff into the arm and shoulders to look like that and it's NOT muscle and do not do what he did then I would have no problem with the guy.  Just curious, how does MD justify his column in the magazine?  What in the world does he have to do with bodybuilding?  I actually saw that there are kids that ask his advice.....what is this world and bodybuilding coming to?  If it were 20 years ago he would be laughed out of every gym intown.  I know people that know him and they say he's a great guy...that's too bad that he just doesn't use his mistakes to prevent others from doing the same thing.  The TLC show came off as if he was just another bodybuilder and that's too bad.  MD has successful bodybuilders in their mag with tons of knowledge like Dave, but I would never recommened the mag to any young kids because of Valantino.

The sad part is that there are a lot of retards who buy MD just because of Valvalino.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2006, 04:51:09 PM »
The sad part is that there are a lot of retards who buy MD just because of Valvalino.

That is really too bad...especially since there are so many freak magazines out there to read if that's what ones into.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2006, 04:52:27 PM »
That is really too bad...especially since there are so many freak magazines out there to read if that's what ones into.

I agree, but listen in on conversations at some meathead gyms and if anything articlewise is brought up, at least half the time it's something to do with that retard, Valentino.  Sad really.

Manninen dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2006, 04:57:46 PM »
I agree, but listen in on conversations at some meathead gyms and if anything articlewise is brought up, at least half the time it's something to do with that retard, Valentino.  Sad really.

Meaning that folks read his column and thats the bottom line..  :)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2006, 04:59:32 PM »
Just curious, how does MD justify his column in the magazine?

A lot of people wonder that.
Just like a lot of people wonder how Priest will ever find work again (although I believe he has at least several other avenues of income at the moment). :-\
I'm tellin' ya...
there's hope for everyone.
Especially if you're (viewed as) a "celebrity  f u ckup!!!"

thisiskeith12

« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2006, 05:03:29 PM »
Lee was a special part of that magazine and one of the handful of times I bought it, I bought to catch up and hear about Lee.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2006, 05:15:16 PM »
magazines are getting more shitty by the minute

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2006, 05:20:23 PM »
magazines are getting more shitty by the minute
true dat  :(, I tell you something if MD would LOOK only look similar to Flex I would be so happy, all the black pages with white letters make my head spin + I hat to find out that the artikle I'm reading is in fact a GOD DAMN musletech advertisment.
Flex on the other hand (as shitty as the artikles are in Flex) is very pleasing on the eye.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2006, 05:25:18 PM »
does anyone know steve? is he cool
Valhalla awaits.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2006, 05:27:30 PM »
does anyone know steve? is he cool

So is Lee

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2006, 05:31:15 PM »
I'd guess before he decided to do this PDI thing he asked Blechman if he'd back him, and if his contracts at MD and Twinlabs were safe, and he got the go-ahead. 

I'd bet Lee didn't ask anyone for a go-ahead.  Lee does what Lee wants.

This wouldn't even be a story if it were just a personal spat between Lee and Blechman, but what makes it interesting is the appearance that Blechman caved in to the IFBB, and Weider/Pecker have effectively shut Lee and the PDI down.

Id say wahts made it so interesting is how Lee airs all the laundry on message boards for everyone to see.

Fans who don't know Lee seem to love him.  

Maybe we'll see Lee get some support from some people in the industry.  ?  Will we?

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2006, 05:38:56 PM »
shouldn't you be selling fake gh to billy gunns? ;)

whats the story on this?? Please fill in some of us that haven't been around getbig that long. Is this a getbig myth or is it truth?