Author Topic: Mohamed Makkawy  (Read 20253 times)

Schmoff

• Getbig V
Re: Mohamed Makkawy
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2014, 07:08:14 PM »
it's all about 8*8 training protocol and 36 raw eggs and tons of liver pills per day

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2014, 12:12:35 AM »
"calling them out in their country" -how come it was your country? you re only  a bunch of worldwide hobos who killed indigens and proclaimed that the land was yours u filthy scum, it s no difference between the midget terrorist or the hobo terrorsists or founding fathers how u like to call the first criminals

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2014, 05:37:53 AM »
Whether it was the 90s or 80s the guy was an asshole. I met him as a university student with a few of my gym buddies. He had a muscle shop in a plaza in Toronto, Canada, 4 kilometers from my house. I had just purchased the Wild Physique from Bob Kennedy's shop in Toronto and figured why not see Makkawy. The guy placed runner up at the Olympia. Back then I was totally into bodybuilding. I worked as a bouncer on weekends, had 16 inch arms and thought I was diesel.

5 of us walk in. 1 black guy, 1 Asian guy, 2 whites, and an Indian guy. I told my gym buddies about this world famous bodybuilding legend. We get in and the place looks like crap. Half the shelves were empty, and it is obvious Makkawy is going out of business. The place has no design or interesting posters, nothing. Makkawy is behind the counter in a short sleeve shirt. The biceps shot out, and the forearms were big, and ripped. He looked very good and obviously juiced. Very short though, 5 ft 2 or 3. We all towered over him. His wife is in traditional Middle Eastern clothing, and not hot at all. As we enter I hear the word neegal come out of his mouth. He is talking to his wife in their language using North American slurs. The black guy didn't hear it. Toronto is multi cultural so such scenes were very rare and unexpected. While the others check the place out, I head right out to Makkawy and compliment his current condition. A few of his old bodybuilding trophies are under the glass counter. Uncleaned for over a decade they look like crap. His wife gets all excited that a fan recognizes him. He promptly shuts her up, and shouts at her in their own language. I hear the term chink, paki, neegal, and cracker. He then turns to me and smiles, like we didn't understand what he said.

I quickly understood why his business failed. No people skills, poor english, racism, and shitty prices. Oddly, he thanks me for the compliment about his physique. I pretty much told him he looked unchanged from 1982. I ask him about Vince Gironda who he describes as nice old man. His english was not very good. At this point my gym buddies are pissed. While I saw Makkawy as an Olympia 'hero' at the time, all they saw was a terrorist looking, short foreigner calling them out in their country. We all planned on getting 5 lbs of protein each, but just put it back and pretty much made every middle eastern terrorist joke at him. Makkawy couldn't say anything. He was much smaller then any of us, and was begging to be told off.

I got everyone out without further incident, and apologized for bringing them there. I never expected that response from an international bodybuilding champion. The following summer he entered some of European Grand Prix contests and placed dead last. Small, and smooth. Over the years I got reminded of the time I took the guys out to meet the midget terrorist, lol. After that I never admitted to being a fan of bodybuilding. The way some of these drug addicts act, it is just embarrassing. He did have one hell of a physique when he was working with Vince though. I'll give him that much.
I don't believe a word of this story.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2014, 09:52:32 AM »
Imagine what could happen when Mr Nobody was pissing on that same stage.. ;D
;D

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2014, 10:12:47 AM »
God forbid the hero you have been masturbating to for 30 years is a jerk.
So he spoke in a foreign language ecxept for certain racial slurs which he uttered in English, describing each of you one by one. I will forward a copy of your story to his email and see where it goes from there.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2014, 11:31:27 AM »
Whether it was the 90s or 80s the guy was an asshole. I met him as a university student with a few of my gym buddies. He had a muscle shop in a plaza in Toronto, Canada, 4 kilometers from my house. I had just purchased the Wild Physique from Bob Kennedy's shop in Toronto and figured why not see Makkawy. The guy placed runner up at the Olympia. Back then I was totally into bodybuilding. I worked as a bouncer on weekends, had 16 inch arms and thought I was diesel.

5 of us walk in. 1 black guy, 1 Asian guy, 2 whites, and an Indian guy. I told my gym buddies about this world famous bodybuilding legend. We get in and the place looks like crap. Half the shelves were empty, and it is obvious Makkawy is going out of business. The place has no design or interesting posters, nothing. Makkawy is behind the counter in a short sleeve shirt. The biceps shot out, and the forearms were big, and ripped. He looked very good and obviously juiced. Very short though, 5 ft 2 or 3. We all towered over him. His wife is in traditional Middle Eastern clothing, and not hot at all. As we enter I hear the word neegal come out of his mouth. He is talking to his wife in their language using North American slurs. The black guy didn't hear it. Toronto is multi cultural so such scenes were very rare and unexpected. While the others check the place out, I head right out to Makkawy and compliment his current condition. A few of his old bodybuilding trophies are under the glass counter. Uncleaned for over a decade they look like crap. His wife gets all excited that a fan recognizes him. He promptly shuts her up, and shouts at her in their own language. I hear the term chink, paki, neegal, and cracker. He then turns to me and smiles, like we didn't understand what he said.

I quickly understood why his business failed. No people skills, poor english, racism, and shitty prices. Oddly, he thanks me for the compliment about his physique. I pretty much told him he looked unchanged from 1982. I ask him about Vince Gironda who he describes as nice old man. His english was not very good. At this point my gym buddies are pissed. While I saw Makkawy as an Olympia 'hero' at the time, all they saw was a terrorist looking, short foreigner calling them out in their country. We all planned on getting 5 lbs of protein each, but just put it back and pretty much made every middle eastern terrorist joke at him. Makkawy couldn't say anything. He was much smaller then any of us, and was begging to be told off.

I got everyone out without further incident, and apologized for bringing them there. I never expected that response from an international bodybuilding champion. The following summer he entered some of European Grand Prix contests and placed dead last. Small, and smooth. Over the years I got reminded of the time I took the guys out to meet the midget terrorist, lol. After that I never admitted to being a fan of bodybuilding. The way some of these drug addicts act, it is just embarrassing. He did have one hell of a physique when he was working with Vince though. I'll give him that much.

you should have just kicked that midget in his muslim face

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2014, 11:39:07 AM »
I don't believe a word of this story.

I'm with you. Mohamed speaks pretty good English also.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2014, 12:18:54 PM »
Above story crock of shit. Makkawy is university educated and worked as an interpreter for the Egyptian Olympic Comittee back in the day.... he is fluent in Arabic, English, German and French.

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »
Above story crock of shit. Makkawy is university educated and worked as an interpreter for the Egyptian Olympic Comittee back in the day.... he is fluent in Arabic, English, German and French.
I've contacted Mohamed regarding this and I will encourage him to seek legal remedy.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »
I've contacted Mohamed regarding this and I will encourage him to seek legal remedy.
Fuck off gimmick

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2014, 12:53:40 PM »
Fuck off gimmick
It's already in the works.

davej1963

• Getbig II
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2014, 01:08:03 PM »
It's already in the works.

Why don't you tell him to come on here and defend himself, like Rich Piano did once? That would be interesting.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »
I'm with you. Mohamed speaks pretty good English also.

Based on how long ago?

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2014, 02:36:10 PM »

I would love for him to come on here and deny this. If he is still in Toronto I'd meet him again. Got nothing to hide. It's been 20 years. Since I am here telling the story I will remove the other people from it and leave my portion of it. It appears like he is in Toronto and I would stand by it in a court of law. If he reads this I will 100 percent back it up that he called me a racial slur in his muscle shop without provocation while speaking to his wife. I will take a polygraph at ANY time. I currently live about 20 minutes from down town Toronto.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2014, 02:40:53 PM »
So he spoke in a foreign language ecxept for certain racial slurs which he uttered in English, describing each of you one by one. I will forward a copy of your story to his email and see where it goes from there.

He spoke to his wife in a foreign language and muttered the slur to her. He spoke to me in English.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2014, 02:57:35 PM »
Whether it was the 90s or 80s the guy was an asshole. I met him as a university student with a few of my gym buddies. He had a muscle shop in a plaza in Toronto, Canada, 4 kilometers from my house (near Yonge and Steeles). I had just purchased the Wild Physique from Bob Kennedy's shop in Toronto and figured why not see Makkawy. The guy placed runner up at the Olympia. Back then I was totally into bodybuilding. I worked as a bouncer on weekends, had 16 inch arms and thought I was diesel.

I walk in. The place looks like crap. Half the shelves were empty, and it is obvious Makkawy is going out of business. The place has no design or interesting posters, nothing. Makkawy is behind the counter in a short sleeve shirt. The biceps shot out, and the forearms were big, and ripped. He looked very good. Very short though, 5 ft 2 or 3. I towered over him. His wife is in traditional Middle Eastern clothing, and not hot at all.

I head right out to Makkawy and compliment his current condition. A few of his old bodybuilding trophies are under the glass counter. Uncleaned for over a decade they look like crap. His wife gets all excited that a fan recognizes him. He promptly shuts her up, and shouts at her in their own language. I hear the term chink. He then turns to me and smiles, like I didn't understand what he said.

I quickly understood why his business failed. No people skills, poor english, racism, and shitty prices. Oddly, he thanks me for the compliment about his physique. I pretty much told him he looked unchanged from 1982. I ask him about Vince Gironda who he describes as nice old man. His english was not very good. I planned on getting 5 lbs of protein each, but just put it back and left without asking for my Wild Physique book to be signed. I got everyone out without further incident. I never expected that response from an international bodybuilding champion. The following summer he entered some of European Grand Prix contests and placed dead last. Small, and smooth. After that I never admitted to being a fan of bodybuilding. The way some of these drug addicts act, it is just embarrassing. He did have one hell of a physique when he was working with Vince though. I'll give him that much.
welcome to the real world this guy wants to meet you. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2014, 03:01:06 PM »
welcome to the real world this guy wants to meet you. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Exactly.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2014, 03:16:12 PM »
Whether it was the 90s or 80s the guy was an asshole. I met him as a student. He had a muscle shop in a plaza in Toronto, Canada, 4 kilometers from my house (near Yonge and Steeles). I had just purchased the Wild Physique from Bob Kennedy's shop in Toronto and figured why not see Makkawy. The guy placed runner up at the Olympia. Back then I was totally into bodybuilding. I worked as a bouncer on weekends, had 16 inch arms and thought I was diesel.

I walk in. The place looks like crap. Half the shelves were empty, and it is obvious Makkawy is going out of business. The place has no design or interesting posters, nothing. Makkawy is behind the counter in a short sleeve shirt. The biceps shot out, and the forearms were big, and ripped. He looked very good. Very short though, 5 ft 2 or 3. I towered over him. His wife is in traditional Middle Eastern clothing, and not hot at all.

I head right out to Makkawy and compliment his current condition. A few of his old bodybuilding trophies are under the glass counter. Uncleaned for over a decade they look like crap. His wife gets all excited that a fan recognizes him. He promptly shuts her up, and shouts at her in their own language. I hear the term chink. He then turns to me and smiles, like I didn't understand what he said.

I quickly understood why his business failed. No people skills, poor english, racism, and shitty prices. Oddly, he thanks me for the compliment about his physique. I pretty much told him he looked unchanged from 1982. I ask him about Vince Gironda who he describes as nice old man. His english was not very good. I planned on getting 5 lbs of protein each, but just put it back and left without asking for my Wild Physique book to be signed. I got everyone out without further incident. I never expected that response from an international bodybuilding champion. The following summer he entered some of European Grand Prix contests and placed dead last. Small, and smooth. After that I never admitted to being a fan of bodybuilding. The way some of these drug addicts act, it is just embarrassing. He did have one hell of a physique when he was working with Vince though. I'll give him that much.

100% I will take a polygraph on this. I would love to take one. Mohamed if you are reading this send me a PM. I will meet you anytime. I back this story up 100%.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2014, 03:26:31 PM »
you should have just kicked that midget in his muslim face

If it happened at a bar or some where else I would have definitely considered it. Since I was in his shop he could have spun it off like I was assaulting him to rob the place or some other bs. No way I was taking that risk.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2014, 03:48:18 PM »
Based on how long ago?

I've seen taped interviews from back in the 80's. Spoke English perfect.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2014, 04:30:01 PM »
Mohamed Makkawy was 5'3 and 160# and looks better than a lot of today's pros. He did speak good English to me.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2014, 04:58:29 PM »
Mohamed Makkawy was 5'3 and 160# and looks better than a lot of today's pros. He did speak good English to me.

He has an accent. He isn't thick but wide. Maybe I caught him at a bad time? It has been 20 years. I could care less these days. I was more interested in Vince Gironda stories, knowing Mo had trained down in Vince's Gym. In Toronto back then you had Bob Kennedy, and Makawy running shops. Of course Bob ran Musclemag, and had his own supplement line back then. Gardiner did him one better with Muscletech.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2014, 05:09:58 PM »
I dont give a piss about any of them.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2014, 05:27:31 PM »
I dont give a piss about any of them.

How about Napoleon Bonaparte, Daffy Duck or Mahatma Gandhi?

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2014, 06:23:36 PM »
MOHAMED MAKKAWY LOOKED LIKE A BODYBUILDER SHOULD AND POSED LIKE A BODYBUILDER SHOULD!

PLAIN AND SIMPLE!