Author Topic: What makes you fat? Calories? Sugars? Carbs?  (Read 5151 times)

heavysquatter

• Getbig II
Re: What makes you fat? Calories? Sugars? Carbs?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 08:26:53 PM »
you just need to find the healthy balance for yourself. i would start by writing down your intake of protein, carbs, and fat each day for a weak and then lower your carbs a little bit. if you are lifting in a serious manner, you can get away with eating some fat. more often than not its the carbs that will make you chubby.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 08:29:52 PM »
So many fad diets now:
Paleo, juice, raw, etc.

I honestly don't know what works best,
I just up the dose and eat everything.

Can someone give me the lowdown on these diets and the reason you believe they do or don't work?

Fat makes you fat, fortunately many name brands are now selling products that are 'Fat Free'.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »
Only one thing.  Being in a caloric surplus longer than you are in maintenance or in a deficit.  It makes no difference what type of Macros at that point.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 07:02:38 AM »
sugar is my greatest enemy.
sept 10th APF

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2014, 07:53:56 PM »
I have seen people lose MOSTLY WATER by doing a detox. Beyoncé lost 10 pounds in just a few days. So it does work and is not stupid.

Fixed. The notion of detoxing anything in the human body is foolish. That's what the liver is for.

swanzi85

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2014, 09:08:50 PM »
Serious question?  How do you guys feel about the nutra bullet? I'm not a retard and think it unlocks nutrients or whatever they're pushing. But I do use it often. Spinach, kale,baby tomatoes,half a banana,half an apple,brocoli about 2 cups of egh whites. It just taste good and easy to make.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2014, 09:11:40 PM »
Serious question?  How do you guys feel about the nutra bullet? I'm not a retard and think it unlocks nutrients or whatever they're pushing. But I do use it often. Spinach, kale,baby tomatoes,half a banana,half an apple,brocoli about 2 cups of egh whites. It just taste good and easy to make.

It looks cool, I use a Ninja.

You can do everything with it, make shakes, dice onions, I even used the Ninja to grind up a steak for meatballs one time.