Author Topic: Sick of seeing WR World records getting broken at olympics  (Read 2736 times)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: Sick of seeing WR World records getting broken at olympics
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 07:49:04 AM »
People need to stop bitching about Phelps. He is a fucking genetic freak, who has the perfect body and build for swimming. He trains his ass off. Every day, for the past 4 years getting ready for this year. Quit whining because ya'll have weak sauce genetics. Hell, I have them too. Phelps is just a freak.

You have to realize, every other athlete in the game trains as hard or harder than he does.

Yeah, all human evolution. It has nothing to do with chemicals and stuff.

Human evolution doesn't happen in 4 years bro lol.

jt

TEAM Nasser

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 07:50:09 AM »
are we supposed to believe that the previous WR holders were just better than those before them?

Hopefully...you're just trying to be funny.

Bullshit Bob, The swimsuits that our swimmers are wearing are like powerlifters wearing a benching shirt.
I agree. 
Most are all show no go!

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 07:54:18 AM »
People need to stop bitching about Phelps. He is a fucking genetic freak, who has the perfect body and build for swimming. He trains his ass off. Every day, for the past 4 years getting ready for this year. Quit whining because ya'll have weak sauce genetics. Hell, I have them too. Phelps is just a freak.

I have a bridge for sale are you interested?

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 08:04:45 AM »
Most of the records are being broken in swimming, were felps starting weight training and looks totally ripped, he can't be natural.  Swimming can't really take advantage of new techniques, swimming is swimming, and they are beating the records big time this year, it is something other than the usual steroids and GH they are using must be, gene doping or something, hopefully they will be caught!

jt

I was just talking about the swimming records, I been told that the Chinese built the swimming pool differently to help breaking new records, deeper pool by 3 meters and they put something on that prevents the returning waves, basically reducing the drag to a minimum, add this to that new swim suit that was developed a couple of months ago and you got shit loads of new records.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 08:39:52 AM »
It is a combination of the Chinese pool design and the new swimsuits the swimmers are wearing.

From http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93478073&ft=1&f=1003:

"It's by far the fastest pool in the world," says Rowdy Gaines, an Olympic medalist and swimming commentator for Olympic broadcaster NBC. "If you step into this arena, you'll see a thing of beauty. ... It's really a thing of absolute beauty."

Gaines is not referring to the futuristic exterior. He focuses on the design of the pool, which discourages turbulence and encourages speed.
"I'm talking about deep water," Gaines explains. "It's a perfect depth because if it's too deep, you lose your sense of vision and where you're at in the pool. But it's just deep enough to where the waves dissipate (and) the turbulence dissipates down to the bottom."

The Water Cube pool also has 10 lanes instead of eight. Waves churned up during races don't bounce back into the swimming lanes. Waves that reach the sides are siphoned off by perforated gutters."

And from http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/20/suits-not-steroids-skew-olympic-swimming/:

"Indeed, some of those records have been claimed by less-than-notable racers, suggesting that the difference lies in the apparel, not the athlete...some call the LZR “doping on a hanger,” reports The Economist."

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 01:09:31 PM »
new swimsuits.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 02:38:42 PM »
Whatever he is on, others are on.  What exactly, who knows.  They were never able to catch lying shitbag media darling Lance Armstrong, but he, like all cyclists in the modern era, obviously abuses EPO or some variation thereof; I know because he won the Tour de France in the modern era.   This is his drug tests failure.  Ditto all sprinters and their records.

I only criticize athletes not for lying (they don't want to go to jail or face seeing their wins repealed like anybody would, and nearly everyone they compete against are all dopers too, so prosecution is utter hypocrisy) but for being asses about lying (see: Shitbag Lance Armstrong and jack ass Michael Johnson, damning other athletes for getting caught using drugs when they merely didn't get caught, and in Lance's case, the whole time playing up his role as media darling; suing people for telling the truth about his drug use; and the whole time treating good women like dirt, according to multiple sources.  Okay, that last little tidbit was unnecessary, but I can't help it, I hate the guy...)

A lot of hate for a guy you don't know? Or perhaps you do, and had a run in with him?

Lance was very supportive of my good friend who died last year of liver cancer. My friend was originally diagnosed with esophageal cancer and managed to be cured by an experimental treatment in Houston. He was 55 at the time.

When he became better, he did some things he had been dreaming of doing for years, like running a marathon (the Houston marathon), an Ironman (he did lake Placid) and he always wanted to ride his bike across the US. As luck would have it, he was chosen to ride the Bristol Myers Tour of Hope, a cycling team relay across the US. Lance Armstrong was a big part of that. On the next to last leg of the ride, Lance joined my friend for a very rainy ride in Maryland. Lance lead most of the 100 miles, but at one point turned to my friend and asked if he wanted to lead. My friend said no, that he was just proud to be able to tell his buddies that he "drafted" Lance Armstrong for  100 miles. Lance replied "Don't you want to tell your pals that Lance Armstrong had to draft YOU" and started laughing. So my friend took the lead.

About a year after that, my friend developed liver cancer and died about 6 months later. At a memorial ceremony, his two sons were surprised given a signed yellow Tour de France jersey from Lance (through a spokesman for the Tour of Hope).

Another 6 months later, Lance made arrangements for my friend's widow to meet with our congressman and lobby for cancer research funds. She later told me that he took care of everything there, and pretty much stayed out of the spotlight.

Oh yeah, he's some shit bag.