Author Topic: Sick of seeing WR World records getting broken at olympics  (Read 2746 times)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Sick of seeing WR World records getting broken at olympics
« on: August 13, 2008, 07:39:40 PM »
I keep seeing these world records getting broken, one last night back to back within 10 minutes, I mean this is ridiculous, how can the announcers not questions the integrity of the athletes?

Are we the spectators suppose to believe these athletes this year are just better than the thousand upon thousand that have competed before them?

jt
TEAM Nasser

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Sick of seeing WR World records getting broken at olympics
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:49:48 PM »
are we supposed to believe that the previous WR holders were just better than those before them?

Hopefully...you're just trying to be funny.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 07:51:48 PM »
I keep seeing these world records getting broken, one last night back to back within 10 minutes, I mean this is ridiculous, how can the announcers not questions the integrity of the athletes?

Are we the spectators suppose to believe these athletes this year are just better than the thousand upon thousand that have competed before them?

jt

i agree, it's kind of weird

in track you never see world records broken so easily

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »
are we supposed to believe that the previous WR holders were just better than those before them?

Hopefully...you're just trying to be funny.

No im not being sarcastic, it is looking like drugs are more and more evident its ridiculous that someone doesn't say something???  ::) ::) 
TEAM Nasser

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 09:45:44 PM »
No im not being sarcastic, it is looking like drugs are more and more evident its ridiculous that someone doesn't say something???  ::) ::) 

Dude drugs have been huge part of it since the 80's. You're a bit late with your complaint.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 10:34:21 PM »

I WAS being sarcastic....

The records being broken, were broken by those before them, and those before them, and so on and so on.....some years many get broken, others, not so many...all the while, the drug testing more stringent...they tested for less years ago.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 10:34:45 PM »
Most of the records are being broken in swimming, were felps starting weight training and looks totally ripped, he can't be natural.  Swimming can't really take advantage of new techniques, swimming is swimming, and they are beating the records big time this year, it is something other than the usual steroids and GH they are using must be, gene doping or something, hopefully they will be caught!

jt
TEAM Nasser

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 10:36:37 PM »
he can't be natural

Neither are the other competitors.
Some just happen to be much better than the others; get over it.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 10:36:53 PM »
I know about drugs yeah, ok say the 80's is when they started juicing lets say, in 20 years most of the World record times should have reached their peak with the talent pool, but this year are we suppose to just beleive Phelps is so much better and beating them the WR by seconds?  I bet he is on something new other than just steroids...

jt
TEAM Nasser

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 10:49:04 PM »
Prepare to see teh rowing records smashed to pieces in the next few Olympics, by me.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 10:57:09 PM »
i was thinking the same thing all these records being broken dont last more than a year except 100m sprint.

as for swimming there is new suits developed everyday and the pool gets faster every year.

what happened to wearing speedos and pools that dont have a current in them :-\

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 12:27:26 AM »
Yeah it was an absolute joke when they sentenced Marion jones for admitting she juiced, wtf was she thinking though publicly admitting it and sending herself to jail, not very smart.

TEAM Nasser

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 12:29:21 AM »
hgh can't be presently tested.  They can run phelps' blood work in 2020 and bust him... by then he's a retired millionaire who doesn't give a shit, and all the folks in 2-8th place are all testing positive too.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 12:30:50 AM »
yeah they freeze the blood lol, when they find out how to test this shit it will be funny.  Also can't they test generations of atheletes in 80's?  Did they freeze there blood too?
TEAM Nasser

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 12:34:37 AM »
yeah they freeze the blood lol, when they find out how to test this shit it will be funny.  Also can't they test generations of atheletes in 80's?  Did they freeze there blood too?

I dunno.

I doubt the IOC would bother declaring an entire decade of medals worthless for cheating.. .it'd be giant black eye on them.

in 04 they floated a rumor that they had a secret new hgh test. it was a lie.
they did the same thing for these games.

they know it can't be tested, and phelps will get rich and be out of the game 8 years before they check his bood anyway.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 12:44:15 AM »
I WAS being sarcastic....

The records being broken, were broken by those before them, and those before them, and so on and so on.....some years many get broken, others, not so many...all the while, the drug testing more stringent...they tested for less years ago.
drugs have improved also, surely you have first hand expierience of this.
 ;D

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 03:55:24 AM »
hgh can't be presently tested.  They can run phelps' blood work in 2020 and bust him... by then he's a retired millionaire who doesn't give a shit, and all the folks in 2-8th place are all testing positive too.

There is no way the blood he gave was given while he was on cycle.

As for Marion Jones there had to be more to it.

To LilPoppaPete i know how you feel, i feel the same about Ian Thorpe, they love him here in OZ, when he got caught failing that test (which was only revealed a few months after he retired) one of the dumb fucking media girls asked at a press conference to the AUS Chairman 'Do you think his test levels were higher because of what he was taking for his sore foot' (or very close to it). LOL fuck.......

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 04:02:09 AM »
Dude drugs have been huge part of it since the 80's. You're a bit late with your complaint.
my fRIEND DRUGS have always been IN ONLYMPICS PERIOD!!!  THE KNOWLEDGE OF DRUGS HAVE GOTTEN BETTER AND WE ATHLETES know what drugs,,,,to take for what event.  Even ARCHERY has a drug that helps shoot better...SERIOUSLY MY FIEND.,,,,

io856

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 04:33:06 AM »
my fRIEND DRUGS have always been IN ONLYMPICS PERIOD!!!  THE KNOWLEDGE OF DRUGS HAVE GOTTEN BETTER AND WE ATHLETES know what drugs,,,,to take for what event.  Even ARCHERY has a drug that helps shoot better...SERIOUSLY MY FIEND.,,,,
beta blockers

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 05:13:59 AM »

I see you're talking from experience

Moosejay

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 05:19:42 AM »

If you read Time Magazine's issue on the 100 top Olympic athelets, you'll see that they do question it, time and again.

Moosejay

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 05:20:27 AM »

Since the late 80's???

You are a bit out of it with your assessment.

Moosejay

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 05:21:26 AM »
It's not the integrity of the athletes - they all dope (and have for decades, earlier than the '80's), as they must in order to compete with one another; it's the integrity of the media and sports bodies that selectively celebrate or prosecute athletes that is shameful...   Everybody needs to step forward and be honest about drug use in sports, and explain to folks even if they took 10x's the drugs and trained twice as much, they'd still lag far behind all pros and record-setters.  Men and women become pros and record setters not because they dope or train harder/smarter/whatever, but because they are the top 1%tile of talent to begin with at what they do; it is merely revealed by their hard work and doping...           

One thing I'll say, scientifically newer equipment in a lot of things (cycling, tennis, golf, archery, to name a few) plays a bigger role than is often talked about, but again, can only be benefitted to record-setting performance by record-capable talent.     

As drugs and training techniques and equipment improve, naturally so does performance, so it doesn't bug me to see records fall, personally.  I just hate selective celebration and prosecution.  End of sermon  ;)   

Right onthe button with that post, comrade.

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 07:19:55 AM »
People need to stop bitching about Phelps. He is a fucking genetic freak, who has the perfect body and build for swimming. He trains his ass off. Every day, for the past 4 years getting ready for this year. Quit whining because ya'll have weak sauce genetics. Hell, I have them too. Phelps is just a freak.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 07:43:54 AM »

jt

Yeah, all human evolution. It has nothing to do with chemicals and stuff.