Author Topic: Weider Publications Signs Gustavo Badell!!!!  (Read 3683 times)

Armageddon

• Getbig III
Weider Publications Signs Gustavo Badell!!!!
« on: January 20, 2008, 09:21:14 AM »
Written by Muscletime Staff     
Saturday, 19 January 2008 

Weider Publications has signed IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Flexonline.com. Flexonline.com will publish more details about his contract in an interview with Gustavo Badell to be published on their website. Gustavo will discuss his preparations for the first contest of the year and plans for the future.

Gustavo tells Allan Donnelly of FlexOnline.com, "FLEX and Muscle & Fitness are the only magazines I got a chance to read when I started bodybuilding 15 years ago. My idols, my role models, bodybuilders like Lee Haney and Lee Labrada were in FLEX magazine and Muscle and Fitness. The magazine gave me a lot of inspiration in the sport, so this is a dream come true for me."

looks like all MD guys are moving to Weider to place better in shows.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Weider Publications Signs Gustavo Badell!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:26:10 AM »
looks like all MD guys are moving to Weider to place better in shows.

Will an MD athlete win the O? Good question.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 09:27:15 AM »
Why would they sign Gustavo?  He's a fat loud-mouthed has-been who's going nowhere.
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 09:28:38 AM »

Victor will not win the O because he's a felon.  Therefore being with flex would not help him.  So.... he may as well get in where he fits it.... with all the other felons over at MD.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 09:30:35 AM »

AMI would never allow it.  Tune into Big Nation tomorrow night.

?

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 09:35:23 AM »
Gustavo needs to join a natty organization.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 09:35:33 AM »
who?

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »
Victor will not win the O because he's a felon.  Therefore being with flex would not help him.  So.... he may as well get in where he fits it.... with all the other felons over at MD.

How come he won the Arnold Classic then? Same federation, same judges, same rules.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 09:39:24 AM »
How come he won the Arnold Classic then? Same federation, same judges, same rules.

Yeah, and Arnold flipped out about it after the reporters got a hold of the story.  The same mistake will not be made again.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 09:43:44 AM »

Yeah, and Arnold flipped out about it after the reporters got a hold of the story.  The same mistake will not be made again.

Total rubbish. Next you'll be telling everyone Arnold sent the CIA in to break Victors leg so he couldn't compete.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 09:46:31 AM »
Total rubbish. Next you'll be telling everyone Arnold sent the CIA in to break Victors leg so he couldn't compete.

No. Arnold might send Jeff Gilooly or Shane Stant to try.
?

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 09:51:37 AM »
No. Arnold might send Jeff Gilooly or Shane Stant to try.

You're skating on thin ice with that idea.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 09:54:09 AM »
You're skating on thin ice with that idea.
Touche'. Nice.

Nevertheless, How could AMI/Weider ever allow a NON-AMI 'athlete' to be Mr. O?  How could they let their competitor have Mr. O as their athlete?
?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 10:00:07 AM »

LOL @ 'thin ice' - well-played

How much does this deal pay?  That's the only detail that matters. 

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 10:05:14 AM »
Touche'. Nice.

Nevertheless, How could AMI/Weider ever allow a NON-AMI 'athlete' to be Mr. O?  How could they let their competitor have Mr. O as their athlete?

I'm sure it's happened before when Joe was in control of Weider Publishing. Ronnie and Lee Haney? I'm sure both were signed to Weider competitors - supplement manufacturers, not magazine publishers.

There are always claims that Weider had/has control over who wins shows but nobody ever offers any proof. If he did, let's discuss why he chose Haney over Gaspari, Yates over Wheeler etc?

Any thoughts?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 10:29:02 AM »

Haney and Yates have been Mr. Olympia. The other two have not.

They could have any supplement deal they want but what I'm saying is they won't have the current Mr. O with any other publishing company besides their own.

If Cutler was with MD...they'd throw it so hard in AMI/Weiders face. They aren't going to have that. Victor won't be Mr. O because of his past record. We can discuss conspiracy theories all we want but you know what I am saying holds some merit.

I could be wrong, though.
?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »

It's been done before. Haney won his last two Olympias, while contracted with MD/Twinlab.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »
Guys...I have to admit I have always loved the Joe Weider conspiracy theories and stories about how Joe controls everything and decides who wins all contests...very nice stuff to talk about and ponder...but Joe didn't get to where he is by being stupid...If word got out that he were fixing contests, his empire would lose all credibility and all of his magazines and contests would tank...the entire industry would collapse...not to mention the feds would be onto him so fast he would have to hi-tail it back to Canada on the next train...believe me, true conspiracies never stay a secret...some jerk-off will always run off at the mouth and tell someone,,,But we bodybuilding fans love to put Joe up on a pedestal and proclaim him as the king of all that goes on in bodybuilding...If Joe were fixing contests and controlling everything he would need for guys like Blechman, Robert Kennedy,Manion, Bob Chic,etc to go along with it...and they would not be sinking their hard-earned money into such a niche "sport" if only Weider were getting all the spoils and controlling things in a way which would affect their income and investments in the sport...Even guys who have had a falling out with Weider (with maybe the exception of Robby Robinson) have never accused him of fixing contests..only bodybuilders who have lost contests have said that (the losers always say that) and they lack proof

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 12:21:00 PM »
I'm sure it's happened before when Joe was in control of Weider Publishing. Ronnie and Lee Haney? I'm sure both were signed to Weider competitors - supplement manufacturers, not magazine publishers.

There are always claims that Weider had/has control over who wins shows but nobody ever offers any proof. If he did, let's discuss why he chose Haney over Gaspari, Yates over Wheeler etc?

Any thoughts?

Ronnie won his first Olympia, when he was with MET-Rx. Haney, of course, won his last two, working for MD and Twinlab.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 01:05:07 PM »
Ronnie won his first Olympia, when he was with MET-Rx. Haney, of course, won his last two, working for MD and Twinlab.

That's another conspiracy theory laid to rest :-)
Anyone see the guy on the grassy knoll?

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 07:24:20 AM »
kmhphoto...

Do you realise how much the relationship has changed between md and weider over the last couple years ?

You think theyd let md have the champ so theyd gloat and glee in weiders face ? And rag on weieder ? Its become personal now dude

Youre talking about back int the 80s someone winning , its got nothing to do with  now though

MD has the bitch Romano to thank for thet

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 08:48:05 AM »
kmhphoto...

Do you realise how much the relationship has changed between md and weider over the last couple years ?

You think theyd let md have the champ so theyd gloat and glee in weiders face ? And rag on weieder ? Its become personal now dude

Youre talking about back int the 80s someone winning , its got nothing to do with  now though

MD has the bitch Romano to thank for thet

Judging is subjective in most sports but more so in bodybuilding and is ripe with conspiracy theories. We hear that Muscletech buy their athletes titles, Joe Weider determines them, you have to pay your dues, there's a secret "spin the bottle party" in a dimly lit hotel room the night before a show, and now we have it's all John Romano's fault!!!

As with all conspiracy theories they have two things in common. One is that nobody has any facts to prove them. The second, is because proving them not to be true is even harder, they keep getting recycled.

There's no denying that there has been bad blood between the magazines recently. So how did Victor win the Arnold Classic, when he's signed to MD, not with Muscletech and he wasn't at the spin the bottle party? Or was paying his dues enough?

It will be interesting to hear the theories when two new contenders for titles go head to head - Heath and Wolf.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 01:17:12 PM »

Judging is subjective in most sports but more so in bodybuilding and is ripe with conspiracy theories. We hear that Muscletech buy their athletes titles, Joe Weider determines them, you have to pay your dues, there's a secret "spin the bottle party" in a dimly lit hotel room the night before a show, and now we have it's all John Romano's fault!!!

As with all conspiracy theories they have two things in common. One is that nobody has any facts to prove them. The second, is because proving them not to be true is even harder, they keep getting recycled.

There's no denying that there has been bad blood between the magazines recently. So how did Victor win the Arnold Classic, when he's signed to MD, not with Muscletech and he wasn't at the spin the bottle party? Or was paying his dues enough?

It will be interesting to hear the theories when two new contenders for titles go head to head - Heath and Wolf.

listen i cant speak about roatating bottles n shit ok....but what i said is correct 1000%.what are you trying to say its all heresay about romano ? Its a fact , MD got banned from the O and got into weiders bad books by constantly ragging on Flex magazine for ages....who doubts this please stand up?

Secondly why would he win the ARNOLD classic .... well that shows isnt known as Joe Weiders Mr Olympia is it ?? the Arnold is free game compared to the O , the O being the flag bearer of our sport and what this sport LIVES FOR year after year.I guess you outright cant blackball MD athletes from winning shows

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 01:22:53 PM »
Secondly why would he win the ARNOLD classic .... well that shows isnt known as Joe Weiders Mr Olympia is it ?? the Arnold is free game compared to the O , the O being the flag bearer of our sport and what this sport LIVES FOR year after year.I guess you outright cant blackball MD athletes from winning shows

Exactly. The O is owned by Weider Publications.  The Arnold isn't.  Apples vs. Oranges.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 01:24:20 PM »
That's another conspiracy theory laid to rest :-)
Anyone see the guy on the grassy knoll?

1) In 1978, Congress declared that JFK was killed by several conspiring people or groups - there was in fact a conspiracy.  You are regurgitating ignorance here, Kevin.  Your snide "grassy knoll" comment is a result of your conditioning to repeat ignorance to perpetuate a stigma that those who question the official story are to be labeled as crazy.  In the JFK case, they turned out to be absolutely correct.  

2) If Dex or Vic didn't win the O over a sub-par Jay in 2007, it ain't ever going to happen.  You can perpetuate this lie too, that all is fair, but with $ and emotions on the line, no way the keys to the kingdom (the Sandow title) get turned over to the darkside.  Hell, isn't it the event CALLED Joe Weider's Mr Olympia?  No way they're going to turn over that title to MD for a year to use as it wishes.