Author Topic: Do we really lose fat by ONLY lifting weights??  (Read 4986 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Do we really lose fat by ONLY lifting weights??
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2008, 05:03:59 PM »
???
are there thingies  with our issues?

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2008, 05:04:34 PM »
i outlined a simple way earlier.

okay. you wake up. you do cardio. you just burned a bunch of body fat.  lets say you burn 400-600 calories of body fat.

now lets say your bmr is 3000 cals a day.   you eat 3300 cals for that day. of the right macronutrients of course. 

now, your not gong to store any fat from eating 300 calories over each day, protein synthesis is very costly.

and even if you did store some fat, the most would be 300. but you burned a the loswest 400 cals in cardio

so worst case scenario each day you only lost 100 calories of fat.

and at the same time, you gaining muscle because you eating 300 cals over bmr.

:)

But would your bmr not include the energy needed for protein synthesis?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »
i dont know.. good question.

but regardless, if you had burnt up 400 calories of fat i the AM, then you only ate 300 over your bmr, then youd still have a net fat loss, and you would have still built muscle.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2008, 05:11:48 PM »
i dont know.. good question.

but regardless, if you had burnt up 400 calories of fat i the AM, then you only ate 300 over your bmr, then youd still have a net fat loss, and you would have still built muscle.

Yeh, I can see where you're coming from. I know it can be done, I'd like to think I managed it myself at one stage, but understanding it is a totally different matter  :D

One of the few intelligent exchanges I've had on getbig. Thanks candidizzle. lol  :)

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2008, 05:14:40 PM »
i outlined a simple way earlier.

okay. you wake up. you do cardio. you just burned a bunch of body fat.  lets say you burn 400-600 calories of body fat.

now lets say your bmr is 3000 cals a day.   you eat 3300 cals for that day. of the right macronutrients of course. 

now, your not gong to store any fat from eating 300 calories over each day, protein synthesis is very costly.

and even if you did store some fat, the most would be 300. but you burned a the loswest 400 cals in cardio

so worst case scenario each day you only lost 100 calories of fat.

and at the same time, you gaining muscle because you eating 300 cals over bmr.

:)

you are speaking in absolutes and the body doesn't work that..when you burn that 400-600 in the morning, that is not all fat

and when you over eat in the afternoon there is no guarantee that is going to muscle production
I

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2008, 05:18:36 PM »
Yeh, I can see where you're coming from. I know it can be done, I'd like to think I managed it myself at one stage, but understanding it is a totally different matter  :D

One of the few intelligent exchanges I've had on getbig. Thanks candidizzle. lol  :)
your welcome.  :)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2008, 05:20:11 PM »
you are speaking in absolutes and the body doesn't work that..when you burn that 400-600 in the morning, that is not all fat

and when you over eat in the afternoon there is no guarantee that is going to muscle production
wy isnt it al fat in the morning?  please inform me

id didnt say over eat i said eat 30p cals above bmr for the entire day. and preferrably your going to overeat on protein since this is the least likely macronutrient to be stored as fat.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2008, 05:21:37 PM »
wy isnt it al fat in the morning?  please inform me

id didnt say over eat i said eat 30p cals above bmr for the entire day. and preferrably your going to overeat on protein since this is the least likely macronutrient to be stored as fat.

Protein can't be stored as fat if I remember correctly...?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2008, 05:23:17 PM »

If you are a reguler person that has slept for 8 hours then your blood suger levels will hit rock bottom by the time morning comes, hence every single calorie you burn will be from fat until you eat :)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2008, 05:25:27 PM »
Protein can't be stored as fat if I remember correctly...
eehh...amino acids cannot be stored in adipose. but they can be converted into substances that can be stored as fat.

but you must remember the huge thermic effect of protein, and the fact that when protein is converted into those substances that can be stored as fat it is converted at a 2=1 ratio....

so lets say you eat 50 grams protein. you body can only use 40. so it converts the extra 10 into substance that can be stored as fat. now you have 5 grams glucose. and if none of that can be used, then it will be stored as fat.  

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2008, 05:26:34 PM »
If you are a reguler person that has slept for 8 hours then your blood suger levels will hit rock bottom by the time morning comes, hence every single calorie you burn will be from fat until you eat :)

yup !
you know we are in ketosis every night when we are asleep. first thing in the morning we are untill we eat.

personally before morning cardio i will take a couple caps of fish oil and drink a couple glasses of water.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2008, 05:27:35 PM »
eehh...amino acids cannot be stored in adipose. but they can be converted into substances that can be stored as fat.

but you must remember the huge thermic effect of protein, and the fact that when protein is converted into those substances that can be stored as fat it is converted at a 2=1 ratio....

so lets say you eat 50 grams protein. you body can only use 40. so it converts the extra 10 into substance that can be stored as fat. now you have 5 grams glucose. and if none of that can be used, then it will be stored as fat.  

Ok, that's interesting I need to read up on some of this shit. lol

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2008, 05:31:28 PM »
Ok, that's interesting I need to read up on some of this shit. lol
i wouldnt let that discourage you from over eating protein.

one thing is for sure, protien is not gonna make you noticeably fatter.   ou could eat chicken all day long and it wont make you soft.

also, whole food rate of digestion is pretty slow. i think you get around 10 grams an hour from meat. depending on what kind of meat.   and considering people will dirnk whey protein at 60 grams in one drink and that doesnt make them fat (whey is all digeste at once0... i dout any kind of whole food source will contribute to adipose build up

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2008, 05:33:37 PM »
i wouldnt let that discourage you from over eating protein.

one thing is for sure, protien is not gonna make you noticeably fatter.   ou could eat chicken all day long and it wont make you soft.

also, whole food rate of digestion is pretty slow. i think you get around 10 grams an hour from meat. depending on what kind of meat.   and considering people will dirnk whey protein at 60 grams in one drink and that doesnt make them fat (whey is all digeste at once0... i dout any kind of whole food source will contribute to adipose build up

any food can be stored as fat

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2008, 05:36:10 PM »
any food can be stored as fat
i already addressed that. 

but protein will nto make yuo fat.

thermic effect is monstrous, digestion is slow, your body has a absolutely huge need for amino acids, and turnover rate to glucose is very low

all those things work to keep you lean regardless of howmuch protein you eat

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2008, 05:48:13 PM »
Summary: If you eat less than you burn each day, you'll lose fat no matter if you lift weights, do cardio or both.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2008, 05:52:36 PM »
Summary: If you eat less than you burn each day, you'll lose fat no matter if you lift weights, do cardio or both.
thanks debussey

but your oversimplification is misleading to newbs who dont much about the body nutrition and metabolism

clubberwang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2008, 06:00:59 PM »
Hello, I felt that I had to post a reply to "Candizzle". It would seem that this fellow is one of those skinny little nerds I see endlessly browsing the aisles of GNC. Little bitches like him just don't understand that the way to get bigger involves heavier weights and increased intensity (I won't even pretend to know anything about steroids or GH). I just can't comprehend a pencil-neck loser such as himself offering all this advice when I would most likely slit my wrists if I ever looked like him. Maybe he has a winning personality and this is why you listen to him...All I know is that after seeing the absolutely pathetic pics of him ( which he obviously thought were decent or he wouldn't have posted them) I can effectively summarize that this little man is most likely a little retarded, or at least had something moderately heavy drop on his head in his adolescent years.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2008, 06:01:31 PM »
i already addressed that. 

but protein will nto make yuo fat.

it will if you eat too much lol

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2008, 06:02:43 PM »
Hello, I felt that I had to post a reply to "Candizzle". It would seem that this fellow is one of those skinny little nerds I see endlessly browsing the aisles of GNC. Little bitches like him just don't understand that the way to get bigger involves heavier weights and increased intensity (I won't even pretend to know anything about steroids or GH). I just can't comprehend a pencil-neck loser such as himself offering all this advice when I would most likely slit my wrists if I ever looked like him. Maybe he has a winning personality and this is why you listen to him...All I know is that after seeing the absolutely pathetic pics of him ( which he obviously thought were decent or he wouldn't have posted them) I can effectively summarize that this little man is most likely a little retarded, or at least had something moderately heavy drop on his head in his adolescent years.
do we have issues or  thingz clubber wang ??

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2008, 06:06:54 PM »
Hello, I felt that I had to post a reply to "Candizzle".

Im not defending Candi, but how is this helpful? if he is full of shit, explain how, then we'll all laugh at him.

clubberwang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2008, 06:08:23 PM »
No, I do not believe that we have issues. I just wanted to say that I believe you are a nerd and are offering bogus workout advice. I would compare taking workout tips from you as taking fighting tips from a "Karate Master" that I could beat up. Really, I don't want to start an online war with you, I just think you are a dork and really should be posting on a Popular Science board instead. Thank you, and the end.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2008, 06:10:35 PM »
No, I do not believe that we have issues. I just wanted to say that I believe you are a nerd and are offering bogus workout advice. I would compare taking workout tips from you as taking fighting tips from a "Karate Master" that I could beat up. Really, I don't want to start an online war with you, I just think you are a dork and really should be posting on a Popular Science board instead. Thank you, and the end.
i offered workout advice? i think we were discussing losing fat.

i offer you a chance to make me look stupid

show that something i said in this thread is inaccurate

or

howabout you post a picture of yourself and make me look stupid that way. since obviously you are implying that you look better than me.

clubberwang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2008, 06:20:29 PM »
I definitely look better than you. Lets go ahead and get that out of the way. You are a skinny nerd, turd, and I have most likely taken shits that look better (and smell better) than you. If you are going to take the whole "If you don't post a pic then you must be shit" attitude that Squadfather took, then I guess you win, I'll be honest, however, and say that I am 6'1", 205 pounds, very low body fat (32 inch waist), run 1.5 miles in 9.15 minutes and am in the U.S Air Force. I won't post pics because I don't want them out ther but would definitely not post a pic if I looked like you. Again, I don't want to sound negative, but I would not be hating upon you if you would act civil and not be such a homo.dick.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2008, 06:21:23 PM »
the more lean muscle you got on you the less fat you will hold as simple as that,,hormones a must and no cardio needed unless you preping for competition even then the best get with less! you will also notice that the higher your lean muscle mass is the more junk you can eat and the less you care about your diet see locket and sons ltd

always pay attentio that the most impressive guys around you eat whatever the fuck the feel like and know their hormones,,when gh15 says whatever they want to gh15 means still within limits but sushi fish restrauants steaks german food \jamican food etc ....the higher your lean muscle mass is the more you can eat that shit ! and that is one of the big secrets of bodybuilding that seperates you competing at 170 to us competing at 250...

well that and aas gh and insulin for the  diabetes from all that good food  ;)
fallen angel