Author Topic: My First Clue about my new board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3503 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
My First Clue about my new board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: April 18, 2007, 10:15:44 AM »
I'm in the greatest of moods ever bitches, so I've decided to take you all through another show that's going to be way better than the one I produced before (in my defense, it was a solo first attempt and I had no prior experience)

Except, this show is going to be the reverse of the first one. I who explained the first one backwards (at least for those of you who saw and understood after my latest posts) after it ended, am now going to take you all through another one which is going be one of the best damn shows ever ;D

With this show, I'll explain it backwards from the end, to it's beginning (like Memento) even though I'll frankly admit it hasn't happened yet.

Anyway, about my new board (which won't be about bodybuilding and which won't therefore compete with Getbig at all):

It's going to be the exact same format, but people are going to be posting under their real names and if they want, pictures. They will have their towns and states display below their avatar.

And they are all going to pay me to let them post.

BTW, frankly speaking I hope at least one of you guys insults me real good for this thread - I'll need to crush someone within a year, by simply saying 'I told you so' ;D

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: My First Clue about my new board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:18:24 AM »
I'm in the greatest of moods ever bitches, so I've decided to take you all through another show that's going to be way better than the one I produced before (in my defense, it was a solo first attempt and I had no prior experience)

Except, this show is going to be the reverse of the first one. I who explained the first one backwards (at least for those of you who saw and understood after my latest posts) after it ended, am now going to take you all through another one which is going be one of the best damn shows ever ;D

With this show, I'll explain it backwards from the end, to it's beginning (like Memento) even though I'll frankly admit it hasn't happened yet.

Anyway, about my new board (which won't be about bodybuilding and which won't therefore compete with Getbig at all):

It's going to be the exact same format, but people are going to be posting under their real names and if they want, pictures. They will have their towns and states display below their avatar.

BTW, frankly speaking I hope at least one of you guys insults me real good for this thread - I'll need to crush someone within a year, by simply saying 'I told you so' ;D
I want the last 15 seconds back >:( kiwiol why would anyone pay when we do it for free :-\
p

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 10:20:29 AM »

Your opening up a gay bathhouse site for some of the people around here arn't you.... ;D

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 10:29:32 AM »
Your opening up a gay bathhouse site for some of the people around here arn't you.... ;D
RUB A DUB DUB KIWIOLS BATH HOUSE CUM ONE CUM ALL PLENTY OF MEN CUMMING DOWN THE HALL.....

WHITE RAPPER IN THE HIZZOUSE
p

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 10:35:01 AM »

you do realize that there is only one successful paying message board and that's SomethingAwful, right? and the only reason that works is because SA is an empire with a leader who donates to shit-tons of charities. more than that, they only charge so they can cover their bandwidth costs.

unless you have something INCREDIBLE to offer, there is no startup message board that is going to get more than a tiny, tiny handful of posters willing to pay to join.

of course, you might be an idiot and think you can pull a ponzi scheme, in which case i can't WAIT to see this all come crashing down around you for scamming people.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 11:02:25 AM »
you do realize that there is only one successful paying message board and that's SomethingAwful, right? and the only reason that works is because SA is an empire with a leader who donates to shit-tons of charities. more than that, they only charge so they can cover their bandwidth costs.

unless you have something INCREDIBLE to offer, there is no startup message board that is going to get more than a tiny, tiny handful of posters willing to pay to join.

of course, you might be an idiot and think you can pull a ponzi scheme, in which case i can't WAIT to see this all come crashing down around you for scamming people.

My dear Zach, it's as simple and legit and straightforward as any other venture and there are no strings attached.

Decades ago, 2 men were driving down some highway in the US. One of them got thirsty and so he asked his friend to pull over at the next farm. Problem is, there were no farms and so they pulled over into a gas station and the guy got a cold soda to quench his thirst.

Zach, when the guys got back on the road, the 'drunk' told his mate, "Hey what do you think about selling water?"

His mate looked at him, laughed and said, "Haha you are stupid you fucking moron, why would people pay for something that's every where and free to use?" and keeps laughing, although he didn't have the last laugh.

The other guy did, who has now made water, a multi billion dollar industry.

Anything is possible as long as it doesn't conflict a metaphysical law mate. You'll see ;)

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 11:06:20 AM »
My dear Zach, it's as simple and legit and straightforward as any other venture and there are no strings attached.

Decades ago, 2 men were driving down some highway in the US. One of them got thirsty and so he asked his friend to pull over at the next farm. Problem is, there were no farms and so they pulled over into a gas station and the guy got a cold soda to quench his thirst.

Zach, when the guys got back on the road, the 'drunk' told his mate, "Hey what do you think about selling water?"

His mate looked at him, laughed and said, "Haha you are stupid you fucking moron, why would people pay for something that's every where and free to use?" and keeps laughing, although he didn't have the last laugh.

Anything is possible as long as it doesn't conflict a metaphysical law mate. You'll see ;)
goes to show how many dumb asses there are..
p

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 11:09:11 AM »

Hey I have an idea for cock flavored water do you think some of the people around here would buy it..I could make millions... ;D

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 11:11:13 AM »
Hey I have an idea for cock flavored water do you think some of the people around here would buy it..I could make millions... ;D
lemon aid the cool refreshing drink....

sorry :D
p

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 11:12:44 AM »
LOL built in market I am telling you.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 11:13:49 AM »

Yeah, but the only millions you'll make are the ones you flush down the toilet and wash off your hands before they get sticky? ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 11:14:22 AM »

I drink water from the tap... I just don't see the point in the bottled stuff.

I'll drink the bottled water if someone else is paying for it though... Just as long as it's not me.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 11:16:22 AM »
goes to show how many dumb asses there are..

On the contrary, Zach is in fact one of the sharpest of guys here and he'll understand it as well as it can be understood.

Zach's problem is how narrow his thinking is. I honestly feel that's all that's ever held you back ever since you went through some bad stress. You're capable of SO much more Zach - you can put your mind to anything you want.

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 11:19:41 AM »
On the contrary, Zach is in fact one of the sharpest of guys here and he'll understand it as well as it can be understood.

Zach's problem is how narrow his thinking is. I honestly feel that's all that's ever held you back ever since you went through some bad stress. You're capable of SO much more Zach - you can put your mind to anything you want.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo i ment people who buy water.. people do it because they think or at least at the time it was marketed towards the elite or people with money it was like a status thing...now its main stream
p

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 11:19:52 AM »
I drink water from the tap... I just don't see the point in the bottled stuff.

I'll drink the bottled water if someone else is paying for it though... Just as long as it's not me.

You will see the point when you travel through / stay / live in different environments my friend. It was for those places that the industry was primarily created to cater.

But so successful was the idea (why not? It's a biological requirement) that the surplus overflowed even to the cleanest of environment and people still gladly use it cause they can take pride in the fact that they will pay even Mother Nature for her essence, rather than simply take it (which they should).

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 11:20:33 AM »

problem: you're not actually offering anything that i can see. you in one thread said members will get paid to be a part of the board, and also said that you would get paid to let them post. this sounds like a ponzi scheme.

if you're unaware of a ponzi scheme, it works like this: you charge your members X dollars to post with the assurance that they will get paid over time to keep posting. for a while, you just pay them back with their own money. but as more people join, you use the money from new members to continue to pay off the old members. it self-sustains as long as new people keep joining. all of the members are sure it "works" so long as influx doesn't slow down.

you're using an analogy of a "service" that is based on exploiting stupidity. if those morons had filled up a jug of water before leaving then the situation wouldn't have come about. MOREOVER it never happened. there was never a situation where two guys suddenly realized they needed water and could get rich selling water. ignoring when "pure spring water" was a homeopathic remedy, bottled water as an industry began when imported bottled water was an "extravagance" that upper class citizens could have rather than drinking out of a well or, later, tap water.

over time cheap plastics were introduced allowing the "pure" water to be bottled and sold to the common people. the entire industry was built based on exploitation of idiocy with a shaky backdrop of health concerns ("why drink water out of your dirty pipes??"). for the love of any type of deity, peewee, know what the fuck you're talking about before you start typing.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 11:20:40 AM »
Kiwi, you said real names and towns will be listed.

What about certain circumstances...take my case. From a tiny nation, and you know how distinctive my name is. If that info was there for all to see, it is incredibily easy for massive weirdos to "find me" and possibly chop me up. And there are some weirdos in the cyber world [present company excluded ;D].

That and the paying thing, I don't know tbh.....

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 11:25:13 AM »

What about certain circumstances...take my case. From a tiny nation, and you know how distinctive my name is. If that info was there for all to see, it is incredibily easy for massive weirdos to "find me" and possibly chop me up. And there are some weirdos in the cyber world [present company excluded ;D].

Trust me you're not that important ;D
p

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 11:26:23 AM »
problem: blah, blah, blah...

The only problem is that you aren't seeing what I'm seeing Zach. Mind you I'm not saying you are secondary to me in any way - I give you way more props than anyone else and still do, even after all you've said (which is fair and something that I don't blame you for cause I know how it'd look - I'm not stupid).

If I start addressing all your points, I'm going to have to disclose a whole lot more info, which I won't.

Yeah, I know. I still have tons of things to work out. I'm just using a successful formula that I learnt in Getbig, although I'm going to work my butt off at Traffic generation given it's a brand new site :D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 11:30:34 AM »
Trust me you're not that important ;D

Actually Dan, it was you I was specifically worried about. You strike me as that type of guy that has a fridge full of dead bodies in his garage :-\

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 11:30:58 AM »
problem: you're not actually offering anything that i can see. you in one thread said members will get paid to be a part of the board, and also said that you would get paid to let them post. this sounds like a ponzi scheme.

if you're unaware of a ponzi scheme, it works like this: you charge your members X dollars to post with the assurance that they will get paid over time to keep posting. for a while, you just pay them back with their own money. but as more people join, you use the money from new members to continue to pay off the old members. it self-sustains as long as new people keep joining. all of the members are sure it "works" so long as influx doesn't slow down.

you're using an analogy of a "service" that is based on exploiting stupidity. if those morons had filled up a jug of water before leaving then the situation wouldn't have come about. MOREOVER it never happened. there was never a situation where two guys suddenly realized they needed water and could get rich selling water. ignoring when "pure spring water" was a homeopathic remedy, bottled water as an industry began when imported bottled water was an "extravagance" that upper class citizens could have rather than drinking out of a well or, later, tap water.

over time cheap plastics were introduced allowing the "pure" water to be bottled and sold to the common people. the entire industry was built based on exploitation of idiocy with a shaky backdrop of health concerns ("why drink water out of your dirty pipes??"). for the love of any type of deity, peewee, know what the fuck you're talking about before you start typing.

Hey Magoo,

I have no idea about what Kiwi is doing but let me ask you this, what would be different from reality shows? You get people who are willing preticipents in this world and you could "sell" others on the idea to watch what happens in a fishbowl or get sponsers to pay for it? I could very well see if it was crafted correctly people paying to "interact" with the main group in hopes to "change" the direction of the newly created world.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 11:33:17 AM »

so much more than what, kiwi? i'm serious here. how do you know what i'm doing with my life? you don't, and that's the funny part. while you've been babbling about some grand scheme and what you'll do "tomorrow", i've already been doing mine and it's been going steadily for the past 16 months. and it's going damn well. i just don't talk about it here.

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 11:33:17 AM »
Actually Dan, it was you I was specifically worried about. You strike me as that type of guy that has a fridge full of dead bodies in his garage :-\

bullshit my house is worth 500k.....

I keep them in my desk at work ;D 
p

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 11:33:55 AM »
Hey Magoo,

I have no idea about what Kiwi is doing but let me ask you this, what would be different from reality shows? You get people who are willing preticipents in this world and you could "sell" others on the idea to watch what happens in a fishbowl or get sponsers to pay for it? I could very well see if it was crafted correctly people paying to "interact" with the main group in hopes to "change" the direction of the newly created world.

Haha you are too dangerously close my man. Hope you don't beat me to the whole idea ;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 11:36:19 AM »
Hey Magoo,

because there's nothing happening that's different from elsewhere? message boards are already public, we already see the interaction as it happens. he'd have to find a way to isolate them from posting anything elsewhere, perhaps via contract, but even that would be pointless. i can watch people on message boards anywhere, i have zero incentive to pay for it.

reality shows work by giving the viewer something they can't normally get: a pure glimpse into human interaction. we don't have cameras all over the world, so it's a unique opportunity. that doesn't exist online.