Author Topic: only atheists are allowed to post in this thread.  (Read 106199 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: tbombz facebook post from today & free religious sermon by MOS!
« Reply #650 on: June 17, 2015, 07:46:11 AM »
enjoying the Colchester night sky?

Southend on Sea mate!

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #651 on: June 17, 2015, 07:49:54 AM »
Exactly!

Here's my 2 cents on the issue:

1. There is some  form of "God" in the universe, that our little human brains try to comprehend.

2. Every world religion got something wrong when it came to understanding GOD.

3.  I'm pretty sure he isn't an angry dude with a white beard or wearing a bunny suit.

He ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropomorphism

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #652 on: June 17, 2015, 07:51:43 AM »
Exactly!

Here's my 2 cents on the issue:

1. There is some  form of "God" in the universe, that our little human brains try to comprehend.

2. Every world religion got something wrong when it came to understanding GOD.

3.  I'm pretty sure he isn't an angry dude with a white beard or wearing a bunny suit.

Regarding point 1, there is no evidence to suggest that.
X

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #653 on: June 17, 2015, 07:56:51 AM »
Fact is if you really live and act like jesus, or gandhi etc you d tell many truths that would hurt many powerful and unscrupulous people's BUSINESSES who would send you to jail or a psych ward.

The biggest assholes survive, not the nice, caring ones. Most people are sinners who give themselves a good conscience by thinking "jesus died for their sins" then go back to sinning. Because to survive you are FORCED to sometimes be an asshole, to beat the competition. Which means it is impossible to be holy, pure etc. Everyone has to step on someone else s head to survive. There is no possibility to survive without doing so. We re actually wired by nature to take pleasure in seeing other suffer, except if they are important to our own survival. We all enjoy seeing ennemies, oponents, suffer, lose. And we all convince ourselves when we win that we "deserved it" because "God, karma, etc" "chose " us. But nobody, nothing, "chose" us, we were just stronger, luckier, smarter, better prepared, and as a result beat the competition.

Darwinism , eugenism, Evolutionary psychology explain it all. There is no good or evil, there are just strong, lucky and weak, unlucky individuals fighting each others constantly for limited resources and partners of reproduction.

No question that the world's most powerful men had great egos and ambition.
BUT, after one achieves success in war or business, then what?
Many chose to donate or give away a % of their fortunes, aka, philanthropy .

Bill Gates is a modern example of this with the " Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation".

In the end , many of the richest and most powerful found meaning in life by giving back.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #654 on: June 17, 2015, 08:00:11 AM »
No question that the world's most powerful men had great egos and ambition.
BUT, after one achieves success in war or business, then what?
Many chose to donate or give away a % of their fortunes, aka, philanthropy .

Bill Gates is a modern example of this with the " Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation".

In the end , many of the richest and most powerful found meaning in life by giving back.

gates allow third worlders to breed even more then they move to europe and replace the old whiteys cause there s nothing to do in africa in the hands of a few hyper rich tyrants dilapidating the resources.

Not too sure if he has any clue of the real consequneces of what he s doing. Like most do gooders it s just to give himself a good publicity and conscience. When you look at the real consequences it s often way less roser than you initially thought.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #655 on: June 17, 2015, 08:00:16 AM »
I did and your application of said fallacies was inappropriate as they were based upon your atheistic worldview.   You simply fallacy shopped when our worldviews conflicted. 

That was not what I outlined.   I used “slapping” as an example of an offense.  It’s the individual getting slapped that’s the crux.   There will be different degrees of punishment for slapping different individuals.

From your atheistic worldview you deem my position about God an “assumption” and then apply the claim of logical fallacy. 

My clumsy way of saying we break God’s law….God is infinite and so is his law.

We use anthropomorphic language to align divine attributes alongside human attributes.   We attempt to make God more relatable and understandable to humanity.

I can lead you right to God, but you won’t follow.

Falconé did what he had to do with the wingspan of limited effort.

The caesarian way and style of meddling and improving things surely seemed like the true and may be ONLY resort for such an advantage.

The first "rider" (or should we say proponent?) engaged, and then the second, in this vile concoction of wills.

Apocalyptic or not, the true manifest was made, and it was clear, black baggery was a real effort as a means of settling it in a non-provokative manner without a dispute nor a premonition of strife and struggle.

They both knew where everything was heading as soon as they stepped inside the cage, it was a hellbound ride to the sauna...

The "mistique" is here to stay, be it now or never...

It's the Afterlife alright.

And yes, we should always (vis-a-vis) stay in the same boat among those other sordid predicaments where it may or may not flutter.

The one that tries, will, of course gain what is needed in this time and age.

The religion is one thing though, make no mistake about that.

It gets thought of many many times, always trying to improve.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #656 on: June 17, 2015, 08:04:22 AM »
I'm being quite broad and general in my definition of GOD.
In all modesty, it's likely I have more knowledge about the big bang theory and the forces of physics that govern our universe, then most getbiggers.

Some force or energy, at some point, had to start what we know of as space/time.
That originating force is what I consider to be the essence of " God".

Argument from Ignorance. You just don't get to say "Some force HAD to," without being able to demonstrate it.

And if there was an originating force, you'd have to demonstrate how it qualifies to be a "God."

This is all conjecture.
X

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #657 on: June 17, 2015, 08:05:55 AM »
I'm being quite broad and general in my definition of GOD.
In all modesty, it's likely I have more knowledge about the big bang theory and the forces of physics that govern our universe, then most getbiggers.

Some force or energy, at some point, had to start what we know of as space/time.
That originating force is what I consider to be the essence of " God".
maybe it s just a physical, chemical, phenomenon, that is started by noone, and just more likely by "something", ie... a PHYSICAL phenomenon?

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #658 on: June 17, 2015, 08:07:08 AM »
Yes, but meditation is often associated with Buddhism. You wouldn't want JC being associated in any way, shape or form with Buddhism. Even deep reflection may be associated with meditation, thus JC practicing Buddhism, and burning in HELL for all eternity!

The first black Jesus was a buddhist, FACT!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #659 on: June 17, 2015, 08:08:54 AM »
Argument from Ignorance. You just don't get to say "Some force HAD to," without being able to demonstrate it.

Johnny Falcon demonstrates it daily.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #660 on: June 17, 2015, 08:12:30 AM »
The first black Jesus was a buddhist, FACT!

lol  ;D ;D
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #661 on: June 17, 2015, 08:13:37 AM »
Johnny Falcon demonstrates it daily.

Via electricity?
X

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #662 on: June 17, 2015, 08:15:54 AM »
Via electricity?

Also via invisible Clouds of Kale Greens, Sea Salt and congregating grues.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #663 on: June 17, 2015, 08:18:11 AM »
I never limited my definition to the divine or spiritual realm . You assumed I did. My definition is open ended until we get some good empirical data. CERN experiments proving the Higgs- Bosen are a good start
For me , GOD is the simply the original force and/or energy that started space/time.
It may be some odd, strange ,spiritual energy? Nobody knows and that's my point.
To assume one can rule out what it may be, is the ultimate example of  ignorance . ;)

I suspect the true nature of GOD is beyond human capabilities of comprehension. 100% serious.
Like Newton said, we get brief glimpses (at times) into how "HE" did it.

Humans trying to fully understand GOD, is like trying to teach my dog calculus.

Agreed, we cannot fully comprehend God.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #664 on: June 17, 2015, 08:23:36 AM »
I never limited my definition to the divine or spiritual realm . You assumed I did. My definition is open ended until we get some good empirical data. CERN experiments proving the Higgs- Bosen are a good start
For me , GOD is the simply the original force and/or energy that started space/time.
It may be some odd, strange ,spiritual energy? Nobody knows and that's my point.
To assume one can rule out what it may be, is the ultimate example of  ignorance . ;)

I suspect the true nature of GOD is beyond human capabilities of comprehension. 100% serious.
Like Newton said, we get brief glimpses (at times) into how "HE" did it.

Humans trying to fully understand GOD, is like trying to teach my dog calculus.

But you don't get to put the cart before the horse.

Its ignorant to assume its a "God" without even knowing what the energy or force is that started it all (if its even energy or force).

Shit, Id hate for my kid to be in your classroom. Now I know why American education is going downhill.  :-\ :-\
X

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #665 on: June 17, 2015, 08:43:38 AM »
Agreed, we cannot fully comprehend God.
probably cause there s nothing to "comprehend" other than he/it doesnt exist and things are just random phenomenons happening without other explanation needed than "the strongest survives and the weakest disapear". Darwin pretty much nailed everything there is to "know". There s no good or evil; there s just what adapts and survives and what cant.

Life adapts until it cant anymore, then it disapears.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #666 on: June 17, 2015, 09:25:02 AM »
probably cause there s nothing to "comprehend" other than he/it doesnt exist and things are just random phenomenons happening without other explanation needed than "the strongest survives and the weakest disapear". Darwin pretty much nailed everything there is to "know". There s no good or evil; there s just what adapts and survives and what cant.

Life adapts until it cant anymore, then it disapears.

This post is gonna be my Christmas card this year.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #667 on: June 17, 2015, 09:37:25 AM »
FYI, the "kids" in my classroom have to first take an SAT, get admitted to the school and complete the prereq. math courses BEFORE they get to take my class.

I hope you don't teach them all this nonsense that youre spewing here.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #668 on: June 17, 2015, 09:41:51 AM »
Of course not. But are you also saying debates between two scholars in a university setting is also fruitless? Id have to disagree. Most people who debate each other in a real setting do so for the audience. The atheist and theist are well aware they are not going to change each others minds during the debate. The debate is usually held for the public, so they can gain knowledge about a topic. And there have been many instances where audience members may be on the fence about their theism or atheism, and the debate helps them make a more informed opinion. Debates in those types of settings arent really for the atheist to convert the theist or vice versa. Its usually done for the audience. In this sense, they are worthwhile and important.

But the debates on getbig are pretty useless in changing minds.
You deduced all that from my statement? 
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #669 on: June 17, 2015, 09:43:39 AM »
You deduced all that from my statement? 

Well, I know how much you hate these sort of debates, thus I assumed you hated all types of debates that involved atheism vs. theism.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #670 on: June 17, 2015, 09:46:15 AM »
Well, I know how much you hate these sort of debates, thus I assumed you hated all types of debates that involved atheism vs. theism.
They're boring, repetitive and unconvincing on both sides. It all boils down to personal choice.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #671 on: June 17, 2015, 09:47:21 AM »

How did we "evolve" from a debate on bunny suits to this? Hmmmmmm ;)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #672 on: June 17, 2015, 09:51:09 AM »
They're boring, repetitive and unconvincing on both sides. It all boils down to personal choice.

Exactly. And some people are on the fence about their choice. Often, these debates will help inform someone of their choice.There are many people who convert from theism to atheism and vice versa.

Having a debate (not on getbig) on any topic is important. Every ideology (politics, religion, science, etc) all comes down to personal choice. It doesnt mean we should stop debating them.

But I agree that debates on getbig are pretty much pointless.
X

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #673 on: June 17, 2015, 10:00:47 AM »
actually these debates arent useless, they change people s minds over time. If they were useless they wouldnt take place.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #674 on: June 17, 2015, 10:01:20 AM »
actually these debates arent useless, they change people s minds over time. If they were useless they wouldnt take place.

I agree that debates in appropriate settings are useful.

Debates on getbig are pretty much pointless.
X