Author Topic: the Spurs are going to win again  (Read 4398 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
the Spurs are going to win again
« on: May 07, 2007, 07:41:25 PM »
just to let everyone know. greatest sports franchise in the world  8)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: the Spurs are going to win again
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 10:26:41 AM »
I think you might be right.  I thought the Suns were a lock, but the Spurs are a better team. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 11:16:17 AM »
Pistons are looking good to.

But the Spurs are just so battle tested. They should win the whole thing.

Wouldn't mind Steve Nash getting a ring, though.

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 10:31:14 PM »
Spurs just got smacked by 20 unfortunately. Duncan was the only one who really showed up, Ginobili had another disappointing game :(. Game 3 will be very interesting.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 11:10:20 PM »
Not a big deal IMO.  The Spurs only needed to win one in Phoenix.  All they have to do is defend their home court now.   

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 01:26:59 AM »
I'm routing for Phoenix.
The Suns were a bit unlucky in the first game, which motivated them more for this game.

I hope Tony Parker will be able to play with blue balls  ;D
http://showbiz.sky.com/showbiz/article/0,,50001-1264541,00.html

I like both teams, so it's all good.
$

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 10:02:10 PM »
gutsy comeback tonight by the Suns. Amare is such a finisher. Horry showed some real class. and the announcers were brutal in the end talking about the suspensions. and then Craig Seger says 'no Amare wasn't running onto the court he was just going to check in at the scorers booth' that was frickin' funny. ya right!!!  ;D
Go Big Red!!!

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 10:15:44 PM »
It goes without saying that the Spurs are an awesome team but they have a really big tendancy to give up big leads at playoff time. That's one reason why I don't quite put Duncan in the class of Jordan, Bird, or Magic. Timmy tends to coast at times and not put teams away by himself which he could have done tonight. When those guys had you down, they kept you down. He's still the best player in the league though and I pray the Spurs can come back in game 5, it will be tough in Phoenix though.

SERGIO!!!!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 02:03:12 PM »
glorious bump

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 03:48:28 PM »

It'll happen in a vacuum, as I won't be watching.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 05:52:18 AM »
The Spurs will win the NBA title.

Oh goody.

Yawn............

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 11:28:04 AM »
everybody knows this and this is one of the main reasons the nba sucks

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 12:53:23 PM »
everybody knows this and this is one of the main reasons the nba sucks

E

Well, at least we agree on that......

Ari_gold

• Getbig II
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 08:11:34 PM »
last thing we need is a piston-spurs matchup..YAWN, unless eva longoria is wearing a bikini courtside i aint watching
Greed and disgust

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 08:38:18 PM »
if this team didn't win the draft lottery to get duncan only the most hardcore basketball fans would know there is an nba team in san antonio

E
E

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 09:21:51 PM »
if this team didn't win the draft lottery to get duncan only the most hardcore basketball fans would know there is an nba team in san antonio

E

If the Spurs never got Duncan, there probably wouldn't be a team in San Antonio. It's well known they were going broke before Timmy showed up. BTW, the Spurs are now into the finals which should please lovers of free flowing basketball ;D.

SERGIO!!!!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 12:08:38 AM »
lol keep piling on the hate, we dont really notice it cause we are too busy BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYBODY

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 12:26:09 AM »
Man this just isn't fair.  They have the best big man in the league, the best penetrating point guard in the league, a former all star starting at the 2, a former all star coming off the bench at the 2, a first team all defense small forward, and one of the best clutch shooters in NBA history coming off the bench. 

Meanwhile, my Lakers have started a guy named Smush at the point for two years running and our starting center's hands are so small he cannot palm the basketball.   :'(

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 04:58:26 AM »

Meanwhile, my Lakers have started a guy named Smush at the point for two years running and our starting center's hands are so small he cannot palm the basketball.   :'(
?
Who's that?
$

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 08:37:06 AM »
?
Who's that?

Kwame Brown.  Worst hands in the league.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 08:50:26 AM »
Man this just isn't fair.  They have the best big man in the league, the best penetrating point guard in the league, a former all star starting at the 2, a former all star coming off the bench at the 2, a first team all defense small forward, and one of the best clutch shooters in NBA history coming off the bench. 

I thought Bynum was your starting center. I know he plays only 20 minutes a game but he's always in the starting lineup at the beginning of the game.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 08:58:21 AM »
I thought Bynum was your starting center. I know he plays only 20 minutes a game but he's always in the starting lineup at the beginning of the game.

He's the backup.  He started about half the season because Kwame was hurt.  Kwame starts when healthy and he started in the Suns series.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 09:49:39 AM »
Another dull NBA finals that no one will care about..

Last year's finals actually got some attention, while this year it's down the gutter for the league.

Spurs = boring as fuck.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 12:30:32 PM »
Another dull NBA finals that no one will care about..

Last year's finals actually got some attention, while this year it's down the gutter for the league.

Spurs = boring as fuck.
the spurs are the most skilled, entertaining team in the league. they can play any style, better than any other team in the league.

the only reason you call them 'boring' is cause thats what you've been fed by the media, who tells you who the 'cool' teams are based soley on their high-market players. they call the spurs 'boring' not based on their PLAY but based on the fact that we dont have tatooed-'ballers' who always get into trouble or make a scene in the media. they call us 'boring' cause we are 100% focused on basketball and dont 'make waves', not because of our actual play.

cleveland is probably the most boring team in the NBA but no one ever says anything about them cause they have the media golden boy LeBron.

dont ever run your mouth about basketball again unless you know what the fuck your talking about.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 01:27:57 PM »
the spurs are the most skilled, entertaining team in the league. they can play any style, better than any other team in the league.

the only reason you call them 'boring' is cause thats what you've been fed by the media, who tells you who the 'cool' teams are based soley on their high-market players. they call the spurs 'boring' not based on their PLAY but based on the fact that we dont have tatooed-'ballers' who always get into trouble or make a scene in the media. they call us 'boring' cause we are 100% focused on basketball and dont 'make waves', not because of our actual play.

cleveland is probably the most boring team in the NBA but no one ever says anything about them cause they have the media golden boy LeBron.

dont ever run your mouth about basketball again unless you know what the fuck your talking about.

Not that I need to side with Camel Jockey(because he made some off color remarks to me)

BUT

How can you say that Cleveland is the most boring team in the league when they have one of the most exciting players in the league in Lebron James???? You're a fucking retard for making a comment like that.

You sound like you're 15 years old when you post.