Author Topic: Answer me this question regarding Lesnar on TUF  (Read 10131 times)

w8m8

Re: Answer me this question regarding Lesnar on TUF
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 04:42:44 AM »
GSP is the man and IMO the best P4P fighter now and ever.  Goddam I hope we can see the Anderson/GSP fight this year!!

I concur !!

gsp is awesome

x2 migs

back to topic

I agree with Geo's post .. this may be one of the most watched seasons yet .. Jack Brock does have the ability to draw people in  ... but watching GSP coach was extraordinary .. I will be interested to see how much "coaching" Lesnar actually does himself .. plus I want to see the interpersonal stuff that goes on with Dana and him .. how they talk to each other if it's friendly or strained in any way

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 07:37:03 AM »
GSP is the man and IMO the best P4P fighter now and ever.  Goddam I hope we can see the Anderson/GSP fight this year!!

Really?  Even though he can't seem to finish anyone?  And best EVER?

I think P4P its a toss between fedor or silva, with gsp next.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 08:12:30 AM »
Really?  Even though he can't seem to finish anyone?  And best EVER?

I think P4P its a toss between fedor or silva, with gsp next.

GSP is a great athlete, but he HAS lost while holding the belt.  I don't really like Anderson Silva as a fighter, but I have to admit that he's most likely the best of all time.  Not only has be faced the best of the best, he also dominates and almost makes it look like a game at times.  Even though he got worked in the Sonnen fight, he showed that he never gives up and can take a serious beating.  GSP vs Silva would be an epic fight....but whomever loses there will always be the weight issues as an excuse.  Silva could say he lost too much weight, where GSP could say the opposite.  Hard to say that this fight would determine the best P4P, but it would still be a great fight.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 08:50:34 AM »
Both GSP and Anderson have had stupid upsets in their career, and both managed to bounce back.  GSP has avenged his only two losses soundly.  Also, I believe that GSP has faced MUCH tougher competition in his division than Anderson has in his. 

It's true that GSP has had a number of fights go to decision, but he absolutely dominated his opponents in those fights.  Anderson got completely manhandled by Sonnen.  That has not happened to GSP.  Also, let's look at the stats.  GSP has finished 62% of his fights (38% decision).  Anderson has finished 75% of his fights (25% decision).  So, there isn't a huge disparity in terms of finishing fights.

All that said, these P4P rankings are very subjective.  The best way to settle it, is to get these guys in the cage!
w

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »
It's gonna be awesome when some 18 year old whitecastle employee that's doing TUF just to do something in life outstrikes
lesnar in training, ahahahaha

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 10:19:26 AM »
Brock has plenty to teach. For example, he can show them how to run circles in the cage while avoiding blows and also the proper technique for curling up in the fetal position while someone rains punches down on you.

Afterwards, he'll take his team into the locker room and show them how to properly change their tampons.

w8m8

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »
Brock has plenty to teach. For example, he can show them how to run circles in the cage while avoiding blows and also the proper technique for curling up in the fetal position while someone rains punches down on you.

Afterwards, he'll take his team into the locker room and show them how to properly change their tampons.

lol

he could prolly breakdance really good too  :D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »

I would gather that not one of the guys on his TUF Team are complaining about having him as their coach.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 11:24:13 AM »
lol

he could prolly breakdance really good too  :D

Wouldn't put it past him, Brock is pretty nimble for a 300lb man.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »
I'm not a big Lesnar fan, and anyone who has read my posts knows that I flame him any chance I get.  That said, I think he comes off good on this interview and answers a lot of questions:

w

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 01:39:17 AM »
OMG this interview is hillarious...talk about delusional clown..

'yeah I guess at some point we'll go back and analyze where it went wrong'  - after being asked where did it go wrong vs. velasquez...

he's seriously fucked..

I now realize dana's move with putting him on tuf as a coach.. dana and the fertita's clearly see the writing on the wall, lesnar got exposed HARD, he's a joke and done, they definetly can't market him for ppv's anymore and he's still under contract so they might as well cut their loses, his name still interests people, so put him on tuf as a coach and let him dwindle away through the
cracks while the real fighters battle it out. Better then having him hiding away in dakota when they sunk all this money into his ass.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 06:07:41 AM »
Do you really think that the holes in his game aren't fixable though?  Let's be honest about something, if they were, i.e. he was a better striker and could defend against the strike better, the guy is an absolute monster.

Look at Koz for example.  He entered this sport as a wrestler, without striking ability.  Now, a few years later, the guy is MUCh improved in that area. 

Add those two components to Lesnars skill set, and he's a solid fighter.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 07:05:44 AM »

'yeah I guess at some point we'll go back and analyze where it went wrong'  - after being asked where did it go wrong vs. velasquez...

he's seriously fucked..

I now realize dana's move with putting him on tuf as a coach.. dana and the fertita's clearly see the writing on the wall, lesnar got exposed HARD, he's a joke and done, they definetly can't market him for ppv's anymore and he's still under contract so they might as well cut their loses, his name still interests people, so put him on tuf as a coach and let him dwindle away through the
cracks while the real fighters battle it out. Better then having him hiding away in dakota when they sunk all this money into his ass.

Let me clue you in on something, Brock knows how to work the media. Don't dig too deep into what he says.  Even with his loss to Cain, people will still pay to watch Brock. He was and is STILL MMA's biggest draw hands down.  Brock not marketable....that's just plain foolish to say something like that.

Brock on the TUF has EVERYTHING to do with Cain being injured.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 07:36:44 AM »

he's seriously fucked..

win, lose or draw Lesnar's gonna sell out PPV's for the next 4 years so get used to it Einstien.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 02:17:04 PM »
Do you really think that the holes in his game aren't fixable though?  Let's be honest about something, if they were, i.e. he was a better striker and could defend against the strike better, the guy is an absolute monster.

Look at Koz for example.  He entered this sport as a wrestler, without striking ability.  Now, a few years later, the guy is MUCh improved in that area. 

Add those two components to Lesnars skill set, and he's a solid fighter.

Kos just had sloppy stand-up but was comfortable in the line of fire.  Brock has shitty stand up and is deathly afraid of getting hit.  You can't teach that, you either have it or you don't, without that you will never evolve as a striker.  He'll always fold when he encounters someone who can stuff his shot and throw a decent punch.
Predictions
 40/61

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »
Kos just had sloppy stand-up but was comfortable in the line of fire.  Brock has shitty stand up and is deathly afraid of getting hit.  You can't teach that, you either have it or you don't, without that you will never evolve as a striker.  He'll always fold when he encounters someone who can stuff his shot and throw a decent punch.

agreed but let's be realistic,how many people have the skills,speed and strength to deny a charging Brock Lesnar ?

JDS has the hands, but I'd be surprised if he won't be totally fucked when or if Brock gets the fight against the fence...

with Carwin it's pretty much a 50/50 deal as they're both pretty even but there's that whole "cardio thing" with shane..

and ain't nobody beating Cain anytime soon because the kids a freak

and after that everyone takes a distant back seat to those 4 so what we've got is JDS,Carwin and Lesnar playing musical chair fors title contender for the next 3-4 years.,

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 04:56:42 PM »
agreed but let's be realistic,how many people have the skills,speed and strength to deny a charging Brock Lesnar ?

JDS has the hands, but I'd be surprised if he won't be totally fucked when or if Brock gets the fight against the fence...

with Carwin it's pretty much a 50/50 deal as they're both pretty even but there's that whole "cardio thing" with shane..

and after that everyone takes a distant back seat to those 4 so what we've got is JDS,Carwin and Lesnar playing musical chair fors title contender for the next 3-4 years.,

In the HW division the threats to Brock are the guys who are carrying a little weight, possess decent wrestling and have the ability to throw a punch.  I think even Roy Nelson can beat Brock based on his given skill set, if Todd Duffee was still in the UFC he'd beat Brock.  Basically if your strong,can wrestle and can ball your hand in to a fist and throw it, Brock will throw himself on the ground for you.
Predictions
 40/61

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »
I'm not a big Lesnar fan, and anyone who has read my posts knows that I flame him any chance I get.  That said, I think he comes off good on this interview and answers a lot of questions:

First of all, that is a blatant lie. If I cared enough to do so, I would sift through the dozens of posts you made hailing Lesnar as the best HW in MMA, how he would beat Fedor, how him running away and hiding from Carwin was just like Lyoto Machida's defense etc.

Secondly, what else would you expect? He exposed himself as a complete and total joke-- a hypeman for Dana White's can factory. If he's stuck in the UFC for a short while longer until his contract expires, he might as well be affable and keep his name out their for the fans so he can earn more $$$ on the way out.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2011, 05:51:01 PM »
In the HW division the threats to Brock are the guys who are carrying a little weight, possess decent wrestling and have the ability to throw a punch.  I think even Roy Nelson can beat Brock based on his given skill set, if Todd Duffee was still in the UFC he'd beat Brock.  Basically if your strong,can wrestle and can ball your hand in to a fist and throw it, Brock will throw himself on the ground for you.

lol...

that' s funny because for a minute there I thought you were trying to tell me Roy nelson or todd duffee could beat Lesnar...lol

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2011, 06:58:54 PM »
That's what he said. And he's 100% correct about Nelson. Duffee would definitely have a shot as well.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2011, 09:08:05 PM »

LOL, I think we all saw how that went for Brock, even when he managed to get Velasquez down on his ass, Cain just popped right back up..and when he started throwing hands Brock must have nearly shit himself, it's pretty laughable to watch a guy 50 lbs smaller annihilate your super heavyweight clown, at will. Seriously at complete will, just complete domination

you guys are smoking crack if you think he's somehow going to come back and beat Velsasquez, he doesn't even belong in the same arena as Velasquez.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2011, 06:49:04 AM »
lol...

that' s funny because for a minute there I thought you were trying to tell me Roy nelson or todd duffee could beat Lesnar...lol

That's funny for a minute there i almost thought you didn't have a homosexual crush on a guy that is deathly afraid of being hit and is a one trick pony.  By the way WWE called, they said remind Geo Royal Rumble is right around the corner.
Predictions
 40/61

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2011, 06:54:58 AM »
That's what he said. And he's 100% correct about Nelson. Duffee would definitely have a shot as well.

Would never happen.  Lesnar would maul him.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2011, 07:16:20 AM »
That's funny for a minute there i almost thought you didn't have a homosexual crush on a guy that is deathly afraid of being hit and is a one trick pony.  By the way WWE called, they said remind Geo Royal Rumble is right around the corner.

Duffee over Lesnar ?

sweeet !

;D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2011, 07:21:51 AM »
In the HW division the threats to Brock are the guys who are carrying a little weight, possess decent wrestling and have the ability to throw a punch.  I think even Roy Nelson can beat Brock based on his given skill set, if Todd Duffee was still in the UFC he'd beat Brock.  Basically if your strong,can wrestle and can ball your hand in to a fist and throw it, Brock will throw himself on the ground for you.

Carwin possessed all of these traits and couldn't pull it off.....as did Mir and Randy too.

Invalid point. You Brock jealousy is apparent.