Author Topic: Anyone watch Kimbo fight?!  (Read 9426 times)

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Anyone watch Kimbo fight?!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 07:35:32 AM »
I think Kimbo did great..
Ofcourse his groundgame is not great yet for obvios reasons.
But his standup is amazing. Anyone but that giant thompson what have been ktfo in the first round, Kimbo landed some hard fucking hits man.

Thompson is known for having a weak chin. You make absolutely no sense at all.

spinnis

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 07:38:13 AM »
Thompson is known for having a weak chin. You make absolutely no sense at all.

Watch the damn fight..
Hes chin was amazing in this fight.

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2008, 07:40:30 AM »
Watch the damn fight..
Hes chin was amazing in this fight.

His chin can't magically become 'amazing' so the strikes really could not have been that hard.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2008, 07:51:32 AM »
I'm joining the EliteXC boycott.  Who's with me?

The women's fight was one of the best MMA fights I've seen in a long time, period. 

So, if Gina's on the card, I'll tune in.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2008, 07:54:04 AM »
Well I have to admit they rig it so Kimbo will come out the winner.  The ref kept saying how he was going to stand them up with Thompson was on top and Kimbo doing nothing and then after Kimbo lands a few he calls it.  From the first punch that Thompson guy threw I was surprised he was a fighter.  He has no technique or even much power for such a big guy.  He is very erratic too.

I think the 'air punches' he used to pump himself up before the fight had more power. 

It's funny when they talked about him 'raining elbows' on Kimbo...he was barely even touching the guy, more love taps than anything.

I didn't see Kimbo tap out, but I did see him completely helpless against the fence...Thompson just didn't have enough game to put him away.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2008, 07:57:45 AM »
i didnt know a ear can puss up like that?  Does anyone know how that happens?

It was already filled when he came into the ring.  It comes from having your ear rubbed over and over...the cartilage breaks up and blood comes in to fill those spaces.  Cauliflower ear is one reason amateur wrestlers wear headgear. 

It's my opinion that he should've drained it before fighting last night, because it was nothing but a big, floppy target.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2008, 08:04:16 AM »
His chin can't magically become 'amazing' so the strikes really could not have been that hard.

Although he did not get pummeled by any stretch, he did get rocked a few times, but because Kimbo couldn't close in and finish him off, Thompson was able to gather himself fully each time. 

This fight definitely exposed a LOT of weaknesses in Kimbo's game because, even though his 'style' is listed as brawling, he was unable to execute that all night. 

The most surprising part for me, though, was Kimbo's lack of conditioning, because that was something he seemed to pride himself in previously.  It's also unfortunate that they (CBS) kept wanting commentary from Kimbo, because that's not what he's about, IMO.  I think he would prefer to be an enigma...to show up, fight, make his money, and go home. 

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2008, 08:15:53 AM »
Well I have to admit they rig it so Kimbo will come out the winner.  The ref kept saying how he was going to stand them up with Thompson was on top and Kimbo doing nothing and then after Kimbo lands a few he calls it.  From the first punch that Thompson guy threw I was surprised he was a fighter.  He has no technique or even much power for such a big guy.  He is very erratic too.  I have to admit they stop the Lawler fight too to soon.  I think maybe it was because of the network TV that they had to be a little more careful about really how barbaric the MMA is.  But, who knows.

Everyone over here thought the same thing...after seeing that first punch that Thompson through we all started laughing and though, "okay, maybe he's not a striker, he's a grappler!"

So, of course when he took Kimbo down we thought it was all over...we hadn't realized that this guy couldn't grapple to save his damn life!  I mean this fight was either completely fixed or they scraped the bottom of the barrel for Kimbo's big fight.  ::)

It was embarassing to see how little aggression Thompson had, I don't think he threw ONE solid aggressive punch or kick in the whole fight.  And how does kimbo, who knows very little about grappling, get out of a full guard from a 260 lb fighter...TWICE?!

They had to end the fight the way they did...they couldn't risk another take down, cause kimbo was gassed, you gotta love how the victor wins on his back sucking air, LOL  Had the fight gone to the scorecards they would've still given it to kimbo, even though he lost from the first round, based on points from take downs.  At least the "mystery" is gone, had kimbo fought even somewhat of a decent fighter, it wouldn't have even been close.
just not good enough

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2008, 08:22:45 AM »
I just read the article on yahoo and pertaining to the second round scoring.  One judge had it 10-9 kimbo and one had it 10-8 thompson. Are you kidding me... it probably should have been 10-7 thompson!

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2008, 08:27:18 AM »
I just read the article on yahoo and pertaining to the second round scoring.  One judge had it 10-9 kimbo and one had it 10-8 thompson. Are you kidding me... it probably should have been 10-7 thompson!

LMAO!! 

Oh brother...these people have no shame  ::)
just not good enough

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2008, 08:35:13 AM »
Kimbo should have killed that motherfcuker with one more blow

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 09:15:32 AM »
Everyone over here thought the same thing...after seeing that first punch that Thompson through we all started laughing and though, "okay, maybe he's not a striker, he's a grappler!"

So, of course when he took Kimbo down we thought it was all over...we hadn't realized that this guy couldn't grapple to save his damn life!  I mean this fight was either completely fixed or they scraped the bottom of the barrel for Kimbo's big fight.  ::)

It was embarassing to see how little aggression Thompson had, I don't think he threw ONE solid aggressive punch or kick in the whole fight.  And how does kimbo, who knows very little about grappling, get out of a full guard from a 260 lb fighter...TWICE?!

They had to end the fight the way they did...they couldn't risk another take down, cause kimbo was gassed, you gotta love how the victor wins on his back sucking air, LOL  Had the fight gone to the scorecards they would've still given it to kimbo, even though he lost from the first round, based on points from take downs.  At least the "mystery" is gone, had kimbo fought even somewhat of a decent fighter, it wouldn't have even been close.

To tell you the truth there was hardly ay technique whatsoever in that fight.  It was basically just a backyard fight in a ring with a ref ad a larger audience.  Even on the ground neither of them knew what to do.  Thompson had Kimbo's arm trapped and had a wide open space to rain down punches and all he did was pitter-patter Kimbos face.  Kimbo reversed once from the gournd but that was more  natural move than technique.  I was very surprised how unprofessional they both looked.  And the girl fight was the best.  I liked the Lawler fight the best until they stopped it.  Should never have a woman doctor in the ring making decisions. 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 09:49:28 AM »
Colossus reacts after this monumental and epic stoppage.

Q

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2008, 09:51:29 AM »
I think Kimbo did great..
Ofcourse his groundgame is not great yet for obvios reasons.
But his standup is amazing. Anyone but that giant thompson what have been ktfo in the first round, Kimbo landed some hard fucking hits man.

this guy KTFO'd thompson in about 14 seconds. yeah, kimbo's a hell of a striker. ::)

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2008, 09:54:04 AM »
Well, they did a good job of protecting Kimbo. JT won that fight. This fight was fixed.

spinnis

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2008, 10:09:48 AM »
Colossus reacts after this monumental and epic stoppage.

Sometimes he look dangerous.

Sometimes he looks like a fucking retard.

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2008, 10:28:57 AM »
  Should never have a woman doctor in the ring making decisions. 

QFT

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2008, 10:40:56 AM »
the whole fight card was annoying.

with Busta Rhymes, fireworks, cheerleaders, fuck, enough already. he's an idea : show the fights then let me go to bed.

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2008, 01:46:51 PM »
anyone see and know who the bb standing behind Kimbo was during the post fight interview?

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2008, 01:48:48 PM »
This fight was fixed. I feel bad for James Thompson. They are trying so hard to protect this guy. Take a look at this bullshit.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2008, 02:04:54 PM »
This fight was fixed. I feel bad for James Thompson. They are trying so hard to protect this guy. Take a look at this bullshit.

My thoughts exactly.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2008, 02:07:25 PM »
look for elite to promote the hell out of gina carano also. she is very marketable. im sure if she faces tough comp in the cage the ref will slide her some advantages. she is very hot.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2008, 02:30:15 PM »

Does anyone have a clip of the ruckus during the post-fight interview when what's-his-faced punked Kimbo? 

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2008, 02:34:04 PM »
Does anyone have a clip of the ruckus during the post-fight interview when what's-his-faced punked Kimbo? 

I changed the channel right after the fight, what happened  ???
just not good enough

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2008, 02:35:57 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=217450.0
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!