Author Topic: Anyone watch Kimbo fight?!  (Read 9357 times)

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
Anyone watch Kimbo fight?!
« on: May 31, 2008, 08:46:51 PM »

I'm sorry but that guy's a fluke...

FOr the longest I wanted to believe that he would do some damage.  But after watching this absolute joke of a fight, it's obvious he doesn't belong in MMA.

You would think after all this training they would work on his condition...the guy ran out of gas in the first few minutes!!!

It was obvious the opponent they chose was a huge joke too...the guy punched like a pussy and couldn't grapple for crap!  Kimbo was able to get out from under him numerous times, including getting out of a guillatine!!!  Come on!

-when kimbo was wearing down and not doing anything but getting pounded, the ref stood them on their feet (gee...guess who benefits from that one)

-the fight ends because kimbo lands a few punches....YET he ends up on his back out of exhaustion, while his opponent is still standing with enough steam to almost knock out the ref!!

This was a sham, a ploy to squeeze everything they can out of this guy Kimbo, and for a minute I wanted to believe.  but you could tell this whole "spectacle" was meant for Kimbo to shine, I think they underestimated his opponent, got worried did whatever they could to at least have him win.

::)  ::)  ::)
just not good enough

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
Re: Anyone watch Kimbo fight?!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 08:56:19 PM »
Holy shit, I was just waiting the entire fight for that cauliflower ear to pop.....and it FUCKING DOES!  lmao

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 09:04:43 PM »
This is gonna set MMA back 15 fucking years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That whole fight was a fraud!!!!!!!!! Kimbo got hit 50 fucking times and not defending himself .I cant believe that ref.....he kept trying to find any excuse to stand them up so Kimbo might have a chance of knocking James T out, plus in that second round JT was on top landing shots for a good fuckin minute!!!!!!!! What happened to stopping the fight when one fighter is not DEFENDING himself ????....Afterall Dana seems to be right....this was just a baaaad spectacle that will affect MMA's image.  :'( I dont think I will ever watch another fight on CBS.
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »
This was a crackpipe set of events. Phil Baroni got his ass handed to him. The Kimbo fight was a farce and the Scott Smith stopage was beyond ridiculous. White was right about Slice not being an MMA fighter and this being a "farm league".

Elevate Your Image.™

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 10:44:30 PM »
I got no beef with the Baroni fight (he sucks!), the out-of-shape Carano, or the excellent Smith-Lawler fight abruptly coming to an end (Smith gave the doctor the only response that would have ended the fight - "I can't see out of the eye.")

But I agree with the "fix" being in on the Slice-Thompson debacle. I've never seen a ref stand up fighters not locked up when a guy has side control, never seen a ref let a guy take a minute of punches (okay, sissy fists) to the face without being to defend himself (though they did let BJ Penn take quite a bit from Hughes) and though we've all seen fights stopped prematurely, I think the only satisfying outcome in a sloppy back and forth "battle" is to let the fight end decisively. If, as the announcers said, Thompson was one punch away from being Kayoed, why not let Slice land that punch for the highlight reel?

The logical response seems to be that the organization just could not risk another takedown or reversal of fortune by Thompson to topple the Kimbo apple cart.

Elite/Showtime/CBS went for the one-time ratings bonanza rather than putting on a show that would proudly represent MMA. Cung Le, Frank Shamrock, Nick Diaz, or Jake Shields would all have been far better options. Time (and ratings) will tell whether Elite's Gary Shaw's idea was too short-sighted because the bottom line is that if the ratings are good, at least there will be a second chance to make things right. If they gave us Lawler-Shields as the headliner and ratings were half of a Kimbo headliner, we'd never see MMA on network again.
BigNationRadio.com

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 11:08:44 PM »

The women's fight was much better than Kimbo-Thompson.  I wish they'd been able to start that 3rd round, but that fluid-filled sac under Young's eye made it a no go. 

They gave Gina a lot of shit for being heavy and out-of-shape, but I like a girl with a little bit of thickness like that.

They didn't give Kimbo enough of a hard time for being out of shape - he's been much better conditioned in the past.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 11:29:34 PM »
i seen that guys ear pop and it was fucking disgusting.

there are ways to treat colliflower ears, ie. putting leeches on the ear to suck out all the excess blood, that guy needs to have that done before he tries to fight again lol.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 11:29:53 PM »
Who cares about the reputation of MMA I want more Kimbo beating up crackers!

TEAM Nasser

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 11:30:58 PM »
Why would you put a leach on the ear, they drain the ears with insulin needles, but if you let the blood harden, then it becomes the hard shit, he had blood in their should have been drained, in the end it was drained lol by Kimbo SLICE!
TEAM Nasser

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 11:36:51 PM »

What was the rationale for not draining the ear before he got into the ring?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 12:03:10 AM »
Cauliflower ears are a badge of honor in the MMA world. Just check out Couture, Penn, Hendo, Hughes, Big Nog, Trigg and many others for proof! Since Thompson can't fight, he needs something to feel like he belongs!
BigNationRadio.com

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 12:05:38 AM »
it is gross!
TEAM Nasser

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 12:06:10 AM »
What was the rationale for not draining the ear before he got into the ring?

more ratings?   ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 12:06:35 AM »
monster phantom punches at the end of the kimbo fight too.

bigger payday for all, if he advances.

and they say some conspiracies aren't true...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 12:11:00 AM »
I'm joining the EliteXC boycott.  Who's with me?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 12:11:31 AM »
Well I have to admit they rig it so Kimbo will come out the winner.  The ref kept saying how he was going to stand them up with Thompson was on top and Kimbo doing nothing and then after Kimbo lands a few he calls it.  From the first punch that Thompson guy threw I was surprised he was a fighter.  He has no technique or even much power for such a big guy.  He is very erratic too.  I have to admit they stop the Lawler fight too to soon.  I think maybe it was because of the network TV that they had to be a little more careful about really how barbaric the MMA is.  But, who knows.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 03:06:24 AM »
nasty fuggin ear :-X   fight sucked

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 03:17:39 AM »
Well I have to admit they rig it so Kimbo will come out the winner.  The ref kept saying how he was going to stand them up with Thompson was on top and Kimbo doing nothing and then after Kimbo lands a few he calls it.  From the first punch that Thompson guy threw I was surprised he was a fighter.  He has no technique or even much power for such a big guy.  He is very erratic too.  I have to admit they stop the Lawler fight too to soon.  I think maybe it was because of the network TV that they had to be a little more careful about really how barbaric the MMA is.  But, who knows.

Yeah, they wanted to show the circus sideshow main event.  Should have been stopped in the second when Thompson had the crucifix against the cage and Kimbo did not defend himself. 

Sean Katterle

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 03:48:48 AM »
I definately think that both Kimbo and Thompson were fighting as hard as they could but this was a 3 man fight and it was Thompson vs Kimbo and the ref.

There's no way that an experienced (and he was) ref should have stood them up when Thompson had side control in the middle of the round. The ONLY logical reason is that it was becoming obvious that Thompson would have been able to ground n pound Slice for 1/2 a round non-stop and that Slice would have been too beat down to work his stand up signature power punches in the next round (which is what the pro boxing promoters wanted; an action movie KO instead of a ground fighting win that the uneducated fight fans don't understand as well.)

Then when Thompson won't go down and Kimbo completely gasses out, the ref jumps in and stops the fight to save it from fizzling from fatigue. I like how the commentators tried to say that Thompson attacked the ref out of confusion. He attacked him for good reason; he just fukt up the prime time main event for him!

Gina Carano was super impressive though. Kaitlyn Young was a tough competitor too. And I felt bad for Phil Baroni and I give him credit for having the class to give props to Villasenor during the post fight press conference. Baroni still makes for an exciting stand up fight so hopefully another promotion gives him a chance to return and get another shot at a W.

Stay Strong,
Sean Katterle
Watch the complete Bench Monster movie online at www.hardcorepowerlifting .com

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 04:23:51 AM »
i didnt know a ear can puss up like that?  Does anyone know how that happens?

spinnis

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 04:33:05 AM »
i didnt know a ear can puss up like that?  Does anyone know how that happens?

How can you not know that?
Have you ever wrestled?

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 04:36:44 AM »
How can you not know that?
Have you ever wrestled?
no sorry I dont oil up in a tight suit..... ::)

spinnis

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 04:45:43 AM »
I think Kimbo did great..
Ofcourse his groundgame is not great yet for obvios reasons.
But his standup is amazing. Anyone but that giant thompson what have been ktfo in the first round, Kimbo landed some hard fucking hits man.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008, 05:01:48 AM »

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 05:38:58 AM »
Here`s the fight.