Author Topic: Poll regarding ESFitness  (Read 13300 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Poll regarding ESFitness
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2014, 11:57:32 AM »
The "I"m a hard MFer breh, come at me and consequences will never be the same" act is genuinely silly -- who comes to a site like getbig and gets outraged at trolling, threatening said anonymous trolls behind proxies with violent acts that "they [everybody else] won't hear about"? The claims to supernatural investment acumen -- 20% return a year -- are also laughable.

Still, when ESfatness isn't getting carried away, he does have insights into a variety of topics and the board is better for it.

I can't speak for the other stuff, but if anyone says they can promise you a return of 20%/year, do yourself a favor and call the cops. Whatever they are doing is illegal.

Anyone that can promise or make that kind of return, year in and out, is either doing something illegal or doing something, well, illegal..

"1"

P.S. I think ESFitness is entertaining and has a place on GetBig. Someone here said he once sewed an open wound with nothing but guitar string during one of his stints in prison. That alone makes him a fine addition to the forum.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »
I can't speak for the other stuff, but if anyone says they can promise you a return of 20%/year, do yourself a favor and call the cops. Whatever they are doing is illegal.

Anyone that can promise or make that kind of return, year in and out, is either doing something illegal or doing something, well, illegal..

"1"

P.S. I think ESFitness is entertaining and has a place on GetBig. Someone here said he once sewed an open wound with nothing but guitar string during one of his stints in prison. That alone makes him a fine addition to the forum.

Yeah, even the VERY few on earth who are the very best and have averaged 20%+ cannot GUARANTEE such a return in any single year, much less every year. There are always fluctuations from year to year, a few underperfoming years, and even the odd losing year here and there even among the very best.
A

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2014, 12:20:33 PM »
Guy gets hotheaded, of an occasion, but then, who doesn't. And his stories veer to fanciful, but he's more than acquitted himself, by Getbig standards.   

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2014, 01:56:13 PM »

"1"

I like this quote from the Joe Rogan Podcast, just listened to it  8)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2014, 03:16:57 AM »
Yeah, even the VERY few on earth who are the very best and have averaged 20%+ cannot GUARANTEE such a return in any single year, much less every year. There are always fluctuations from year to year, a few underperfoming years, and even the odd losing year here and there even among the very best.

are you talking investors or traders? as an investor, you're trying to pick a winner.. an undervalued company.

if you're a trader, it's not hard at all to be up .5%-1% per week.. you're not just picking long term investments. you're trading everyday long and short. picking a stock that drops 5% in a week or even just a few days is easy compared to picking one that pops 5% in a month.

and we're not even talking options... covered calls and whatnot.

you're making it seem as if there's some magic formula that only 'the elite of the elite' know about.

there isn't. so long as you're good with numbers and can remember numbers for years ago... and so long as you most importantly, PAY ATTENTION... it's not hard to make money.

20% per year is 1/3 of a % per week... if you can't trade and make 1/3 of a % in a week, you'd just better put your money in a mutual fund or an index fund and make 10-12% like everyone else too lazy to pay attention.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2014, 03:20:41 AM »
It sounds like "wolfritter" and "ESFitness" need to meet up for a swordfight.
:o :o :o :o  Terrible thought.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2014, 03:28:43 AM »
Any guy who can deliver a brutal hall of fame owning like this one is an internets legend as far as I'm concerned:

"you're not equipped for this, tree-hugger. business is not something you're versed in, just tap out.

I've owned businesses, managed businesses, and invested in businesses. Clippers ain't a public company, I assume sterling owns a controlling share, if not 100%. you can't force a man to sell his business. if he were CEO, the board of directors could vote on terminating him, but he's not elected (hired). it's like forcing Sergey and the other guy to sell Google.com..... you can't do it. Sure, you can fire Eric Schmidt (although I believe he's stepped down already... beside the point), but you can't force Sergey and other guy (the owners) to sell.... the same way you can't force zuckerberg to sell his interest in Facebook..... the same way Annaly Capital can't force me to sell my shares because of something other shareholders see me posting on Getbig. that's not how it works kid."

ROFL

Glad other people can appreciate that!!!!!!!!!  ;D

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2014, 04:54:35 AM »
ROFL

Glad other people can appreciate that!!!!!!!!!  ;D
::) ::)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2014, 05:08:24 AM »
Fabricated Fables Of Peace

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2014, 05:11:46 AM »

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2014, 05:14:24 AM »

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2014, 11:58:48 AM »
How much were you spending on STCG taxes? Transaction costs? Not to mention realized losses.

Sorry, I don't believe anyone who says they made $25k a year consistently on $100k for any length of time. You might have an occasional 50% year, an occasional 25% year, the odd losing year, the occasional flat year or single digit year, a few low double digit years, maybe above 50 or even above 100% once in a blue moon in a year like '09.

If you're doing 5-10 trades a day at $5 a trade, you're spending a fortune on that $100k just in transaction costs each year.

You'd need to have millions or at least other sources of income to make it worth your time even IF you were consistently hitting 25%. Why would someone quit working to make $25k a year?

Was that before or after expenses and taxes?

95% of traders fail. If you were among that 5%, why did you stop? If you were truly good enough to hit 25% at some point in the year then stop for the rest of the year every year, you're one in a trillion. Congrats.

are you talking investors or traders? as an investor, you're trying to pick a winner.. an undervalued company.

if you're a trader, it's not hard at all to be up .5%-1% per week.. you're not just picking long term investments. you're trading everyday long and short. picking a stock that drops 5% in a week or even just a few days is easy compared to picking one that pops 5% in a month.

and we're not even talking options... covered calls and whatnot.

you're making it seem as if there's some magic formula that only 'the elite of the elite' know about.

there isn't. so long as you're good with numbers and can remember numbers for years ago... and so long as you most importantly, PAY ATTENTION... it's not hard to make money.

20% per year is 1/3 of a % per week... if you can't trade and make 1/3 of a % in a week, you'd just better put your money in a mutual fund or an index fund and make 10-12% like everyone else too lazy to pay attention.
A

A Righteous Sort

• Getbig III
  • Magnificent looks, superior memory
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2014, 12:44:30 PM »

"1"

Are you saying piano wire guy might be some sort of criminal?  ;D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2014, 01:28:09 PM »
How much were you spending on STCG taxes? Transaction costs? Not to mention realized losses.

Sorry, I don't believe anyone who says they made $25k a year consistently on $100k for any length of time. You might have an occasional 50% year, an occasional 25% year, the odd losing year, the occasional flat year or single digit year, a few low double digit years, maybe above 50 or even above 100% once in a blue moon in a year like '09.

If you're doing 5-10 trades a day at $5 a trade, you're spending a fortune on that $100k just in transaction costs each year.

You'd need to have millions or at least other sources of income to make it worth your time even IF you were consistently hitting 25%. Why would someone quit working to make $25k a year?

Was that before or after expenses and taxes?

95% of traders fail. If you were among that 5%, why did you stop? If you were truly good enough to hit 25% at some point in the year then stop for the rest of the year every year, you're one in a trillion. Congrats.

used interactive brokers from 07-10.. probably 70% of my profit was from short's. mind you I was in prison at that time and trading by proxy and had to factor in telephone calls into the cost of each trade. usually 3 phone calls per day. initially each call cost me about $4 (long distance about a 7min call), but we figured out how to use Magic Jack so each call was listed as a local call so the cost of each call dropped to less than $2. total cash in the fund was initially about $80k and grew to about $200k with added investments, not counting what was borrowed from IB. I believe during that time I averaged 17% returns after transaction/commissions (ib commission, not mine) (the phone calls came out of my profit, not the funds) of that I took a percentage. I had 3 investors. a friend of mine and his sister and the friends partner (life partner, not biz partner)... tax burden fell on the sister each year.

I got out because my investors pulled out (retired and moved to Israel and wanted funds in a long term div/income account), after they pulled out the sister pulled out as well.... after that I had other stuff to deal with and didn't have the time (or money) to trade. juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2014, 02:39:03 PM »
Dude`s been around forever on the boards.........real long time board vet.

I laugh at some of his stuff,but he`s OK in my book...........I just bust everyones balls occasionally........noth ing personal.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2014, 05:10:38 PM »
I've heard that jews look for incarcerated felons to do their investing.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2014, 05:28:32 PM »
ESF is solid.  This thread is a great big fail. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2014, 08:23:41 PM »
I kinda like the guy.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2014, 08:52:41 PM »
ESF is solid.  This thread is a great big fail. 

No kidding. 5 pages of "he's a decent guy and a good poster."

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2014, 09:43:05 PM »
No kidding. 5 pages of "he's a decent guy and a good poster."

do you agree that we should track cpepehisi down and administer BCF approved roundhouses?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2014, 09:45:23 PM »
do you agree that we should track cpepehisi down and administer BCF approved roundhouses?

Yes he should post his coordinates at once or be known from hence forth and forth hence as a sissy.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2014, 09:59:45 PM »
Yes he should post his coordinates at once or be known from hence forth and forth hence as a sissy.

isnt it lol-worthy that the Oh PEE is named after black people lotion.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2014, 02:45:40 AM »
Are you saying piano wire guy might be some sort of criminal?  ;D
;D