Author Topic: Oldest black college 9% graduation rate  (Read 24248 times)

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Re: Oldest black college 9% graduation rate
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2014, 08:41:10 PM »
University of alabama filled with backwoods peckerwood hill Billy's. Why would any Hebrew want to attend such a school? :D

Most of my highschool buddies went there. It was either UA or Auburn. If you're an athlete (or pretend to be one) they might forget you're a hebrew.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2014, 08:51:53 PM »
cliff notes?
Ψ

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2014, 09:03:45 PM »
http://www.howard.edu/

Howard undergraduates have a mean composite SAT score of 1,082.[27] The students come from the following regions: New England 2%, Mid-West 8%. South 22%, Mid-Atlantic 55%, and West 12%.[27] Howard University is almost exclusively (91.2%) African-American.[4]
For 2014 that isn't a great sat SCORE.  541  on a subtest- Trade school.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2014, 12:44:42 AM »
"On the day of retribution, I am going to enter the hottest sorority house at UCSB and I will slaughter every single spoiled, stuck-up, blond slut I see inside there. All those girls I've desired so much. They have all rejected me and looked down on me as an inferior man if I ever made a sexual advance toward them, while they throw themselves at these obnoxious brutes."

Deep shit.

He was also out to get these "brutes", luckily for us all Getbiggers in the area were either in the gym benching 400lbs spotted by Amanda Latona or at work closing a multi-million dollar deal.
S

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2014, 02:07:53 AM »
For 2014 that isn't a great sat SCORE.  541  on a subtest- Trade school.

A large part of HBCUs mission is to make college accessible to a group for which it has been historically out of reach, largely because of race, but also because of socio-economic factors. The SAT is considered important for many colleges, but even the  College Board (the organization that administers the SAT) acknowledges that test results are tied too closely to family income and has tried to distance itself from the (literally) billion dollar SAT-tutoring industry that has sprung up around it. Just this year, it completed a massively-publicized overhaul  after years of being criticized  by many of the institutions that rely on its results.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2014, 02:42:11 AM »
Deep shit.

He was also out to get these "brutes", luckily for us all Getbiggers in the area were either in the gym benching 400lbs spotted by Amanda Latona or at work closing a multi-million dollar deal.

We are all bulletproof anyway...

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2014, 05:48:27 AM »
A large part of HBCUs mission is to make college accessible to a group for which it has been historically out of reach, largely because of race, but also because of socio-economic factors. The SAT is considered important for many colleges, but even the  College Board (the organization that administers the SAT) acknowledges that test results are tied too closely to family income and has tried to distance itself from the (literally) billion dollar SAT-tutoring industry that has sprung up around it. Just this year, it completed a massively-publicized overhaul  after years of being criticized  by many of the institutions that rely on its results.

Yes, SAT scores are tied to family income because smart people generally make more money...If you say tests are biased, how can a math test be biased?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2014, 08:16:02 AM »
Yes, SAT scores are tied to family income because smart people generally make more money...If you say tests are biased, how can a math test be biased?

No, SAT scores are tied to family income because rich families spend literally thousands of dollars on tutoring programs that teach kids techniques specific to taking the SAT . They aren't even techniques that can typically be transferred to other high school or college exams, because the SAT is designed in such a specific way.  An SAT score is not an accurate predictor of career success or even academic success in college. It is an indication of how much time and money was spent preparing for the SAT.

And it's not strictly a black/white issue. It's not even limited to rich/poor. The difference is pronounced by socio-economic gradients: middle class/upper middle class/ wealthy.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2014, 08:21:33 AM »
Yes the Zack Morris/Jessie Spano episode was a good example of SAT scores.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2014, 08:23:21 AM »
Harvard graded-on-the-curve A's?    ;D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2014, 08:57:31 AM »
Harvard graded-on-the-curve A's?    ;D

You've already posted this nonsense.  You're getbigs version of the movie Memento. Alzheimer is a hell of a disease.
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2014, 08:59:37 AM »

No, SAT scores are tied to family income because rich families spend literally thousands of dollars on tutoring programs that teach kids techniques specific to taking the SAT . They aren't even techniques that can typically be transferred to other high school or college exams, because the SAT is designed in such a specific way.  An SAT score is not an accurate predictor of career success or even academic success in college. It is an indication of how much time and money was spent preparing for the SAT.

And it's not strictly a black/white issue. It's not even limited to rich/poor. The difference is pronounced by socio-economic gradients: middle class/upper middle class/ wealthy.

Where you been kore?
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2014, 09:24:28 AM »
Where you been kore?

Now that I'm here, guess you've only got about 3 or 4 posts left until you have to pretend you don't understand basic english and then scurry back to your rathole.

As is your MO, everything you've posted in this thread shows a fundamental misunderstanding of data.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2014, 09:34:05 AM »
Now that I'm here, guess you've only got about 3 or 4 posts left until you have to pretend you don't understand basic english and then scurry back to your rathole.

As is your MO, everything you've posted in this thread shows a fundamental misunderstanding of data.

I've been wondering when you would show up, kore.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2014, 09:39:32 AM »
I've been wondering when you would show up, kore.

I don't really read or post on the G&O too often, so when you don't contain your poor reading comprehension skills to the political board, I don't have as much of an opportunity to give you a proper smackdown.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2014, 09:41:17 AM »
I don't really read or post on the G&O too often, so when you don't contain your poor reading comprehension skills to the political board, I don't have as much of an opportunity to give you a good smackdown.

Come on, Kore.  I thought we were buddies.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2014, 09:42:43 AM »
Come on, Kore.  I thought we were buddies.
We're not... but even still, that wouldn't stop me from pointing out when you're wrong. Which is all of the time.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2014, 09:46:20 AM »
We're not... but even still, that wouldn't stop me from pointing out when you're wrong. Which is all of the time.

You can believe that if that makes you feel better.  Why did you lie about not being kore? 
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2014, 09:52:30 AM »

You can believe that if that makes you feel better.  Why did you lie about not being kore?  

I leave the lying up to you.

Where have I ever said anything about being Kore or not? If you want to believe who doesn't share your backwards views is the same person, I don't give a shit. You've also accused me of being 24kt and someone else.  ::)  The whole pile of nonsense is a red herring. I could have 50 different accounts, doesn't change the fact that everything you post is tripe and when you're questioned on it, you can never back it up well.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2014, 09:55:18 AM »
I leave the lying up to you.

Where have I ever said anything about being Kore or not? If you want to believe who doesn't share your backwards views is the same person, I don't give a shit. You've also accused me of being 24kt and someone else.  ::)  The whole pile of nonsense is a red herring. I could have 50 different accounts, doesn't change the fact that everything you post is tripe.

You are kore and you lied about it. I did accuse you of being 24k because you both referenced black supremacist websites. How are my views backwards?  I want people to be responsible for themselves.  I want people to be honest. What's backwards about that?
A

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2014, 10:02:26 AM »

You know you have.  I'm not going to go through all your old posts to prove something we both know is true.  I'm not complaining, I'm just not spoon feeding you the party line.  I understand that you're unused to people not humoring your racial paranoia and persecution complex.   I believe strongly in the concept of the gadfly nipping at societies hypocrisy.  I call bullshit when I see it.

Again, prove I'm racist.  You just don't like being called out.

Who gives a fuck if you're called 'racist'  :-X

I tar all blacks with the same brush. It's easier and quicker.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2014, 10:04:06 AM »
Who gives a fuck if you're called 'racist'  :-X

I tar all blacks with the same brush. It's easier and quicker.

hahaha, it would be easier and quicker but I'm cynical enough to think black people are capable of learning something.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2014, 10:08:09 AM »
You are kore and you lied about it. I did accuse you of being 24k because you both referenced black supremacist websites. How are my views backwards?  I want people to be responsible for themselves.  I want people to be honest. What's backwards about that?

I've never at all commented about being Kore or 24k. You can call me either one of those names, if you like, it means nothing to me and does not change the content of my posts.

You want people to be  honest?! You are the epitome of dishonesty and cherrypicking facts to support something you already believe, wrong or... always wrong. The "black supremacist website" that you claimed I referenced was the government sanctioned study that you said you got your stats from. I even posted screenshots. That still did not keep you from lying about it. In every single debate  I've ever had with you , you've done the same thing. Your views are backwards because you claim they are based in fact, but you can never defend them adequately. Because they are not based in fact. You have to lie to support them. You always lie.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2014, 10:09:49 AM »
hahaha, it would be easier and quicker but I'm cynical enough to think black people are capable of learning something.

this is what i dont understand tho. Like youve seen blacks excel in academia and law and science and medicine and literature, Like this isnt an off the wall thing. i dont understand that train of thought