Author Topic: TA on wikipedia... should we allow it?  (Read 24362 times)

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
Re: TA on wikipedia... should we allow it?
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 02:07:20 PM »
I actually think it's funny as fcuk and fair play to Adonis for getting in there and hijacking it all.

If it bothers you so much, why don't you alter the pictures? I thought that's what Wikipedia was for?

I agree

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »
Why not? Someone respected with (mainstream) name recognition would be good.
People like you are the reason bodybuilding isn't mainstream. You are the kind of person who would pick art atwood over Bob Paris.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 03:11:47 PM »
as much as adonis is a goon, and a fucked up message board character (though im sure the character seeps into his actual persona in real life because it is way more interesting than he is personally) you have to hand it to him for pulling this off.

its like cheering for the bad guy in wrestling.  You love him because you hate him.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 04:57:47 PM »
He has more recognition than you,

what does that say about your place in the hardcore bodybuilding fraternity?

You think i care about the recognition he gets from all these retards on getbig 99% of which are out of shape?  As far as REAL bodybuilders, my recognition outweighs his by a mile.  Nice try, in your own little world is the only place he matters more than me in bodybuilding

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 05:00:30 PM »
You think i care about the recognition he gets from all these retards on getbig 99% of which are out of shape?  As far as REAL bodybuilders, my recognition outweighs his by a mile.  Nice try, in your own little world is the only place he matters more than me in bodybuilding
You couldnt hold the True Adonis' gym bag ...he is a fucking legend...your just a legend with the guys who go to your alternative 'bar'
L

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 05:01:49 PM »

Adonis is known, your not,

how does that make you feel?

make you wanna up the protein intake?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 05:02:40 PM »
What's wrong with it? He looks like a bodybuilder and is one, so what harm with his photo in wiki?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 05:03:40 PM »
What's wrong with it? He looks like a bodybuilder and is one, so what harm with his photo in wiki?

They are jealous

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 05:03:57 PM »

plus the man put monster amount of time into making the 'TA' brand name.....
L

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 05:04:21 PM »
I love the fact that his picture is on there :)

E
E

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
They are jealous

I'm not the guy's biggest fan, but honestly, he's a good representation of what a natural bber can aspire to and that's the truth. I'd much rather prefer adonis' photo being there over some pro with a huge gh belly.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2007, 05:19:05 PM »
Adonis is known, your not,

how does that make you feel?

make you wanna up the protein intake?

Well known il give him, but liked? No.  Respected?  Not a long shot.  Im known, respected, and liked. 

I dont do the whole tons of protein thing, i eat like Adonis offseason (or i should say he eats like me, iv been eating junk since i was 2 lol) im just leaner with half his effort hehe.  I WILL give him props as he does lift hard and watch HOW he eats.  More than i can say for you and SF.

I feel if i had a workout with him, hed push me.  Now you guys.... it would be laughable

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 05:23:25 PM »
I have no objection to it. Adam obviously lifts and diets and that makes him a bodybuilder. Bodybuilders are not defined by competition. Adam's hustle got him the wikipedia gig and for that reason he deserves it. Life is what you make of it. I don't see any Pro Bodybuilders clamoring to have their photo on the wikipedia 'steroids' page.

I agree!

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 04:25:18 AM »
Adam obviously lifts and diets and that makes him a bodybuilder.

by this definition, are you a bodybuilder?

eddiebubble

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 04:42:24 AM »
Well it depends...he is not a bodybuilder unless he steps on stage and competes... im not talking about the few guys on getbig, that contest is a joke.  He doesnt need to be a champion, just compete.  Either that, or put up a real competitive bodybuilder's picture

Goodrum competes on stage and he doesn't look remotely like a bodybuilder and if his picture was there instead of TA's then people would just laugh it.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2007, 07:51:23 AM »
Goodrum competes on stage and he doesn't look remotely like a bodybuilder and if his picture was there instead of TA's then people would just laugh it.

valid point

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 07:55:26 AM »
Well known il give him, but liked? No.  Respected?  Not a long shot.  Im known, respected, and liked. 

I dont do the whole tons of protein thing, i eat like Adonis offseason (or i should say he eats like me, iv been eating junk since i was 2 lol) im just leaner with half his effort hehe.  I WILL give him props as he does lift hard and watch HOW he eats.  More than i can say for you and SF.

I feel if i had a workout with him, hed push me.  Now you guys.... it would be laughable

You're known?

The users of your local neighbourhood gloryholes don't count "bro", althought I do agree, you are most likely very popular with them.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 07:57:44 AM »

You are trying too hard man.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 08:11:13 AM »
read my signature for my answer.

also the leafy bug is the natural idol!
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

wala

• Getbig II
  • One from the bottom - Remember the theory
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 08:18:25 AM »
There is no jealousy here. I, and a lot of others, just believe that there is definitely someone out there who deserves the honour of being on Wikipedia a lot more than The True Adonis does.

I could do a better job! lol
Hear me now, believe l8r

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2007, 08:35:30 AM »
This freakin guy should post under "Mcdonalds".  And if he was a real man, he would post his 112 225lb deadlift up there too. 

Just goes to show you all, Adam is one thing and one thing only.  An attention whore, and you know what, I would be cool with it if he wasn't misguiding and lying to everyone.
Most are all show no go!

NJ_Slinky

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2007, 08:38:38 AM »
Leave it up, brings teh funneh.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2007, 08:46:53 AM »

Keep training.

Perhaps one day you will attain some level of success.  Anything I can do to help you out, let me know.  ;)

You will make it one day.  Just not today.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2007, 09:02:56 AM »
Keep training.

Perhaps one day you will attain some level of success.  Anything I can do to help you out, let me know.  ;)

You will make it one day.  Just not today.

lol you sure are a character.  Do you by any chance know Tres Bennett?  He is a sales rep for our company down in the Carolina's.  We gotta grab a workout sometime, i wonder if you are the same in person as you are on the boards.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2007, 09:07:44 AM »
lol you sure are a character.  Do you by any chance know Tres Bennett?  He is a sales rep for our company down in the Carolina's.  We gotta grab a workout sometime, i wonder if you are the same in person as you are on the boards.

What company do you work with?  We can surely work out.  I wonder if you will be able to do the running portion of the training?   Can you run still?