Author Topic: 2014 NBA - The Heat will not win it all this year.  (Read 79722 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: 2014 NBA - The Heat will not win it all this year.
« Reply #825 on: June 16, 2014, 06:00:43 PM »
the big 3 in SA all took less $ to stay together too.   Those dudes are brutally underpaid because they wanted to win rings.  But nobody hates on them, because they're not brash and obnoxious about it. 

Free agents always look at the talent around them when selecting a new team.  And let's be honest, it was never really the "big 3".   It was the big 1 (lebron) + an overrated big man named Chris Bosh, and an all-star that is past his prime and only good on 30% of the nights. 

A true "Big 3" is harden + lebron + dwight howard.  Three guys in their prime, the best at what they do.  Bosh sucked when alone with scrubs - lebron was in the finals with scrubs.  Saying the "big 3" puts Bosh at Lebron's level.  So while i think the name was great for ratings and hating, I dont know if it was ever accurate.  Lebron is probably in the finals 1-2 times the last 4 years with ANY team IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE

Fixed.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #826 on: June 16, 2014, 06:56:38 PM »

A true "Big 3" is harden + lebron + dwight howard.  Three guys in their prime, the best at what they do.

Trust me Howard is no good. Harden is just a smaller version Melo.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #827 on: June 16, 2014, 07:21:16 PM »
Honestly I can envision the Clips getting a new owner and Lebron going there. I think they would win.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #829 on: June 16, 2014, 07:28:30 PM »
the miami heat nead a mature danny ferry and christian laetner to come off the bench and win 3 straight nig rings
A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #830 on: June 16, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »
the miami heat nead a mature danny ferry and christian laetner to come off the bench and win 3 straight nig rings

Big Jeff Ruland holding down the paint

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #831 on: June 16, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »
If lebron goes to a team other then Cleveland he will be dubbed as a fucken Journeyman.

Just trust in Pat Tiley, 4 straight finals is quite a feat.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #832 on: June 17, 2014, 07:20:08 AM »
the big 3 in SA all took less $ to stay together too.   Those dudes are brutally underpaid because they wanted to win rings.  But nobody hates on them, because they're not brash and obnoxious about it. 

Free agents always look at the talent around them when selecting a new team.  And let's be honest, it was never really the "big 3".   It was the big 1 (lebron) + an overrated big man named Chris Bosh, and an all-star that is past his prime and only good on 30% of the nights. 

A true "Big 3" is harden + lebron + dwight howard.  Three guys in their prime, the best at what they do.  Bosh sucked when alone with scrubs - lebron was in the finals with scrubs.  Saying the "big 3" puts Bosh at Lebron's level.  So while i think the name was great for ratings and hating, I dont know if it was ever accurate.  Lebron is probably in the finals 1-2 times the last 4 years with ANY team.

You cannot honestly compare them with the spurs. Miami's big 3 certainly were all big time players when they joined... Wade was still in his prime and an MVP level player by himself...he didnt start gassing out until last year. He and lebron were roughly even the first couple years. And bosh was a legit 22-9 big, a top 8 nba big man when they got him.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #833 on: June 17, 2014, 07:44:09 AM »
If lebron goes to a team other then Cleveland he will be dubbed as a fucken Journeyman.

Just trust in Pat Tiley, 4 straight finals is quite a feat.
This, there are few people Lebron respects and trusts Riley is one of them. He will never go back to Cleveland as long as Dan Gilbert owns the team.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #834 on: June 17, 2014, 07:44:43 AM »
Don't let Lebron fool you.  He only cares about one thing $$$$$$.  He was never about winning or titles.  From day 1 he stated his goal was to become the first billionaire athlete.  never did he say it was about winning championships or being the greatest ever.
He knew that he could have the best stats ever but without championships he wouldn't get the endorsements and the lasting legacy.  Nike is still selling millions of dollars a year in Jordan gear.  Jordan is still make millions from it every year and he hasn't played in ages.  Lebron wants that.  he wants money, money, money.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #835 on: June 17, 2014, 07:52:36 AM »
Don't let Lebron fool you.  He only cares about one thing $$$$$$.  He was never about winning or titles.  From day 1 he stated his goal was to become the first billionaire athlete.  never did he say it was about winning championships or being the greatest ever.
He knew that he could have the best stats ever but without championships he wouldn't get the endorsements and the lasting legacy.  Nike is still selling millions of dollars a year in Jordan gear.  Jordan is still make millions from it every year and he hasn't played in ages.  Lebron wants that.  he wants money, money, money.

Lebron is about team unity and the purity of the game and the purity of victory.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #836 on: June 17, 2014, 07:59:12 AM »
Then why did he come here and take less money to play with Wade and Bosch? He cares about his legacy, he has matured since he got here.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #837 on: June 17, 2014, 08:23:27 AM »
Then why did he come here and take less money to play with Wade and Bosch? He cares about his legacy, he has matured since he got here.

Less money?  Please, he will make more in endorsements than he ever will with his yearly salary.  the more he can win the more money he can ask for in commericials and sales.  he wants his own name brand like Jordan one day and for that to happen he needs to be a winner.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #838 on: June 17, 2014, 08:50:26 AM »
Very well put...

Lebron is all about marketing himself as a brand..
Similar to what Jordan did..
It's all about $$$ for LeBron..

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #839 on: June 17, 2014, 09:00:31 AM »
If Lebron wants a true legacy, he shouldn't go to a big market team like LA, Chi or NY  he needs to go to New Orleans and win a couple there, bring a team out of obscurity and become a legend.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #840 on: June 17, 2014, 10:59:48 AM »
Less money?  Please, he will make more in endorsements than he ever will with his yearly salary.  the more he can win the more money he can ask for in commericials and sales.  he wants his own name brand like Jordan one day and for that to happen he needs to be a winner.

How old was Jordan when he received his "name brand" with Nike?

Lebron has shoes named after him but he doesn't have his own "name brand" himself? He sells various clothing apparel and shoes with his logo on them.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #841 on: June 17, 2014, 11:03:50 AM »
I wonder if the Spurs are gonna get some big brand contracts now that they've won 5 times?

Any day now will see a commercial with Chris Paul, Steph Curry and Tim Duncan (and Tim's twin Jim Duncan) workin with State Farm.
Any day now we'll see a commercial with KD and Tony Parker joining someone's "Framily Plan".
Any day now we'll see a commercial with Manu and Kawhi and Blake Griffin helping someone with their Kia.

Any day now.....

::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #842 on: June 17, 2014, 11:10:57 AM »
Yes but tainted by the fact that several superstars colluded with each other to form an artificially manufactured 'super team' which would allow them to avoid those pesky things like having to build up a team, having to compete against your rivals/peers, and pretty much assured they would 'get theirs'.

Who cares?  Hardware is forever and there's no style points.  They also won 2 NBA titles and went to four straight championships.

Do you think Red Sox fans feel their 2004 WS feels less or  "tainted" because the whole team sans one was acquired via trade or bought through free agency, and the two most prolific hitters on the team were confirmed steroid users?  Nope.

Titles are titles and James has two in the bag and will likely get a few more.
Y

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #843 on: June 17, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »
Who cares?  Hardware is forever and there's no style points.  They also won 2 NBA titles and went to four straight championships.

Do you think Red Sox fans feel their 2004 WS feels less or  "tainted" because the whole team sans one was acquired via trade or bought through free agency, and the two most prolific hitters on the team were confirmed steroid users?  Nope.

Titles are titles and James has two in the bag and will likely get a few more.

This...integrity in sports is such a quaint concept...LOL.

San Antonio's 3 best players all take less than market value to stay on the same team...but they are a" great team" and Miami is a bunch of pussies ...ok then.

Miami needs to lose both Wade and Bosh...get a real center and another young slasher in his prime and you will have a true big three

what became very apparent to me watching this series is that San Antonio has better players that Miami except for LeBron

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #844 on: June 17, 2014, 01:34:18 PM »
Very well put...

Lebron is all about marketing himself as a brand..
Similar to what Jordan did..
It's all about $$$ for LeBron..
What is wrong with that, he is a businessman , same as Jordan. Doesn't mean he is not concerned about his legacy.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #845 on: June 17, 2014, 01:44:52 PM »
What is wrong with that, he is a businessman , same as Jordan. Doesn't mean he is not concerned about his legacy.
Exactly, Jordan had more endorsements then lebron.
I'm all for lebron and whoever else making money outside the NBA.

The big 3 is not the big 3 anymore, they really need to rebuild ASAP.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #846 on: June 17, 2014, 01:51:41 PM »
Exactly, Jordan had more endorsements then lebron.
I'm all for lebron and whoever else making money outside the NBA.

The big 3 is not the big 3 anymore, they really need to rebuild ASAP.
Well, this will be a very interesting off season here in Miami.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #847 on: June 17, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »
some espn talking head said the first player to RE-UP independently, or grab the guaranteed top dollar $, will probably wreck it for everyone.

They either all do it together, or, if Bosh or Wade smell Lebron is leaving (because he is), they grab the money quick.  I'm SURE Wade will.  It sounded a lot like Bosh was leaving town too - he'll still get max $ elsewhere, and won't be standing around holding Melo's jock strap when Bosh probably is ready to return to playing HIS way again... and a lot of dudes will probably want to play with him wherever.  It'll be weird to see a Bosh in Lakers uniform, won't it?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #848 on: June 17, 2014, 01:59:11 PM »
By the way, what happened to female referees in the NBA?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #849 on: June 17, 2014, 02:47:12 PM »
By the way, what happened to female referees in the NBA?

Only one I know of is Violet Palmer. She's not bad but she calls EVERYTHING!  Just has to attempt to be dominant  ::)

I think she was in the all star game, but the finals they only use the most experienced officials.